• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

tesla

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Pertaining to corporate tax only. Capital gains are not taxable, except under certain circumstances.

Actually when you trade US stocks you have to sign some form indicating your resident status also.

Are there people who open trading account in SG, live in US and trade US stocks and claim no capital gains?

Loopholes?

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Actually when you trade US stocks you have to sign some form indicating your resident status also.

Are there people who open trading account in SG, live in US and trade US stocks and claim no capital gains?

Loopholes?
yes, all the trading platforms are very on the ball when ascertaining your country of residence.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Monaco.

Singaporeans will also benefit. But if a large number of very wealthy people move to SG then the disparity between rich and poor will widen even further.

But yes SG huat ar!
unlike sg which welcom ceca nehs and wuhan whores with open arms and wide open legs, monaco is sextremely selective in giving immigrants residency and shitizenship. if you’re not white or (partial) european with european ancestry, they throw the application in the trash bin no matter how wealthy you are.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Still rising. I'm glad that I bought more Tesla stock earlier this year when its share price fell to around US$500+.
Yes, but it will drop again once Elon disposes the rest of his stock. I am surprised the last drop was so marginal, not enough dip for me to buy more.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Yes, but it will drop again once Elon disposes the rest of his stock. I am surprised the last drop was so marginal, not enough dip for me to buy more.

I'm still holding. Tech stocks in general should continue to rise as long as they are innovating. Tesla has managed to scale up successfully and it's now profitable. We're now awaiting the success of Tesla's SpaceX ventures and its related companies like the hyperloop and Boring Company.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
I'm still holding. Tech stocks in general should continue to rise as long as they are innovating. Tesla has managed to scale up successfully and it's now profitable. We're now awaiting the success of Tesla's SpaceX ventures and its related companies like the hyperloop and Boring Company.
Yes, the investment thesis for tsla ought to be "hold" and/or "add". SpaceX will not ipo in the near or mid future, but Starlink will in the near future. Until then, tsla huat ah!!

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
March 28, 202211:49 PM GMT+8Last Updated 10 min ago

Tesla to seek shareholder approval for stock split​

By Nivedita Balu
and Akash Sriram

2 minute read
Tesla in Buffalo

March 28 (Reuters) - Tesla Inc (TSLA.O) will seek investor approval to increase its number of shares to enable a stock split in the form of a dividend, the electric-car maker said on Monday, sending its shares up about 5%.

The proposal has been approved by its board and the shareholders will vote on it at the annual meeting. The stock split, if approved, would be the latest after a five-for-one split in August 2020 that made Tesla shares cheaper for its employees and investors.

https://www.reuters.com/business/au...ders-vote-authorizing-more-shares-2022-03-28/