• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Tan Kin Lian replies to "smears"

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
That is exactly right. As long as we refrain from Ad hominem attacks, it is pretty much a question of who can argue his position well. It does help if the candidate is prepared to address questions posed to him and not look evasive and not to fudge the issues.

Feel free to join in whichever side you like, its a free for all. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
aiyah looks like u hv not done a tango or 2 wif GMS bro...experienced worst encounters wif him during delphi days...excruciatingly painful to the brain...needed the help of my friends jack daniels n johnny walker to help me get through the experiences...bwahahahahaha...
I don't blame you because so far after so many postings I still don't get it. One definitely cannot get straight answers from simple questions, just merry-go-round talk. Many words but no substance. Get me out of here!!!

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
wah lau...this TKL now appears to be more PAP than PAP man!!...

look TKL...if u think that u hv been defamed in any manner...then v simple pls go ahead n institute legal proceedings to protect yr reputation n character...TT already appears to hv addressed this particular issue at his first press conference on Thurs...

pls TKL do not continue n make bo liao threats in cyberspace...

as for the other substantial part of yr post...again mere smoke n mirrors that do not appear to cut any ice...TKL is just being disingenuous as usual...

in any event TKL(as far as i am aware) has yet to properly and adequately answer 2 v impt issues that reflect n hv an impact on his character...

1. Why did TKL not go down personally to ED to collect the EP forms?

2. Did TKL come out openly to criticise PAP/govt on any major political issues during his tenure at NTUC Income?

Contesting the Presidential Election

Some people commented in some blogs that it would have been better for me to participate in the general election, rather than the presidential election. I like to explain my decision.

I did not want to contest the general election as I did not like to spend time to run a town council, if I were elected. I was also not yet ready to join any of the political parties – until their leaders agreed to merge and build their membership base.

Initially, I did not want to contest the presidential election either. I changed my mind after receiving requests from many people to stand and offer them a chance to vote. (They said that I was one of the few non-PAP people that might be able to get the certificate of eligibility).

After Dr. Tan Cheng Bock expressed interest, I decided also to join in. My reasoning was that it would be difficult for the “powers” to disqualify both candidates but it would be easier for them to find the reason to disqualify a single candidate.

I acknowledge that I do not have the same “class” or “charisma” as Dr. Tony Tan. If that is what the people of Singapore wants, I would be quite happy to lose the election.

I can only offer to the people the chance to vote for a candidate who is willing to listen to the people and reflect their aspirations, have an independent approach to the decisions that have to be made by the President’s office (and not be confrontational to the Government) and able to use my knowledge to safeguard their CPF money and the national reserves.

Some people may prefer some other candidates and not me, but that is all right. There is really no need for them to insult me or smears my character or reputation. (I refer to defamatory remarks and smears posted against me in some blogs or websites or being circulated by e-mail. I hope that right minded people will stop these bad behavior.)

Tan Kin Lian

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahahaha...wah lau yr spin is getting more hilarious n bo liao by the post dude...

is this a fact?...i dont think so...in any event, just going by the huge public groundswell of political consciousness during GE11 it is highly probable that an independent MP cld quite easily get public support to help him run his TC, more so since he was elected...we r not talking abt a GRC hor!!...

Tan Kin Lian did not join any political party. Hence, if he wins the GE (as an independence candidate), to run a TC without the support of the party and party members is almost impossible. Tan Kin Lian will be contesting in the PE and if he wins, this is also serving the people too.

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
aiyah looks like u hv not done a tango or 2 wif GMS bro...experienced worst encounters wif him during delphi days...excruciatingly painful to the brain...needed the help of my friends jack daniels n johnny walker to help me get through the experiences...bwahahahahaha...

My post was referring to the many aside from GMS. I know GMS well enough whereas the others are newbies who joined this forum for the sake of defending TKL's reputation. They thought by coming here to refute the "smears" made by us about TKL, they can salvage his reputation. In doing so, they are doing the opposite by calling members fools for saying bad things about TKL. Worse than that, their responses and attempts to tai chi TKL's so-called achievements and put gloss on some "great" contributions he had done for Singapore made us face palm and wonder who are these clowns barging into this thread:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

I have done my part to dissuade GMS from participating as I think it is in his best interest. My effort came to nought, but GMS is GMS and I am fine with that.

Last edited:

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
OIC...sorry bro<red faced>...me probably too busy n also dense when i read yr post!...
Bro, my sarcasm seems to have missed by a mile. I have been harping about not collecting the form by suggesting that TT had no one to collect when he has an army of minders. This is the second time, it fell flat this week I mentioned earlier about being invited by 2 cabinet ministers to stand for elections to make a point a that anyone can make such claims, and one chap bought it hook, line and sinker.

Got be sharper less I get my fan club too excited.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good one. Everyone new to this forum must go thru the customary tango. I remember my first years ago. Also my mind.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
GMS has one central issue. He does not understand the meaning of conviction and when it should be applied and when it does not. Ideology and one's personal philosophy are areas where one has a firm conviction at least for a period of time. The same with religion. He however does it for nearly everything with little flexibility.

Once he is convinced on a position even wild horses can't drag him away. The house on which his conviction is built on might be crumbling by the minute but he will not move thinking that it is strength and a rare strength at that.

I remember a very close friend whose partner was a vegan. When we go to restaurants, she would be so demanding with staff and make repeat her order to keep to her conviction.

Eventually everyone abandoned this couple. The issue was not being a vegan but her treatment of restaurant staff like they were slaves and idiots. Her conviction was more important than treating staff as equals.

One day, my friend asked if we are avoiding him. Instead of sugar-coating as he was indeed a good friend I gave him a piece of mind. I told him I have never saw a more inconsiderate human being like his partner who had no qualms degrading other human beings.

My post was referring to the many aside from GMS. I know GMS well enough whereas the others are newbies who joined this forum for the sake of defending TKL's reputation. They thought by coming here to refute the "smears" made by us about TKL, they can salvage his reputation. In doing so, they are doing the opposite by calling members fools for saying bad things about TKL. Worse than that, their responses and attempts to tai chi TKL's so-called achievements and put gloss on some "great" contributions he had done for Singapore made us face palm and wonder who are these clowns barging into this thread:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

I have done my part to dissuade GMS from participating as I think it is in his best interest. My effort came to nought, but GMS is GMS and I am fine with that.

Last edited:

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, my sarcasm seems to have missed by a mile. I have been harping about not collecting the form by suggesting that TT had no one to collect when he has an army of minders. This is the second time, it fell flat this week I mentioned earlier about being invited by 2 cabinet ministers to stand for elections to make a point a that anyone can make such claims, and one chap bought it hook, line and sinker.

Got be sharper less I get my fan club too excited.
hahaha......typical ah neh prataman behaviour.....
when exposed and cornered....blame it on poor power of comprehension and not sharp enough to understand sarcasm.
what a slimey character.....
somebody said the demi god is an ah neh......i think this may be true..

Last edited:

victoros

Alfrescian
Loyal
Independent candidate has never done well in the Singapore General Election. Even in GE 2011, independent candidate, if there are, will not survive the baptism. Running a TC is not a simple matter. Tan Kin Lian wishes to put his knowledge and experiences in more appropriate use as an EP instead.

hahahaha...wah lau yr spin is getting more hilarious n bo liao by the post dude...
is this a fact?...i dont think so...in any event, just going by the huge public groundswell of political consciousness during GE11 it is highly probable that an independent MP cld quite easily get public support to help him run his TC, more so since he was elected...we r not talking abt a GRC hor!!...

Last edited:

vortexbeam

Alfrescian
Loyal
Openly criticize government in parliament? Over what? Parking on Sundays? Big deal! Use CPF for education? Does not require much courage. Went to visit an opposition rally? Is that all? 3-4 minor disagreements over "safe" issues over 30 years? 1 per 10 year? What was he doing the rest of time? Sleeping?

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
not only that...did u notice that when TKL alluded to TT hving "class and charisma"...he some how seemed to hv forgotten that it is thus far a pre-EP 3 way fight at the mo...so why leave out commenting abt the potential 3rd candidate?...is TKL implying that he is happy to lose to TT since according to TKL, TT has "class and charisma"...but when it comes to the potential 3rd candidate, he wld be unhappy to lose to the potential 3rd candidate?...also is TKL implying that the potential 3rd candidate does not have "class and charisma"?...this has left me confused n bemused??...

I think this ex NTUC guy is trying to push the envelop as to how much media mileage he can get. So far, he got a lot of coverage even before he submit his forms. He even set himself up a clean exit by his latest posting saying that he will be glad to lose the election if people choose to have a charismatic president. Sly bugger!!!

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
apart fm that...i wld like to know what has TKL done to help the public during his tenure at NTUC Income n post NTUC Income...

apart fm writing letters to msm abt financial n insurance matters and also apart fm the mini-bond issue...

Look at FISCA - frankly it is shocker. No transparency and it looks like it's his little enterprise. People are screaming for more transparency from the Govt, about our reserves and our investment and his little association is cloaked in secrecy. There can't be two standards. People have eyes. Anyone going into the websites will clearly see that there is no transparency. Can he state what what he achieved since forming the association in Aug 2009 with all the razzmatzz in the press.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
From the many posts here, it seems many do not realise that an EP is more than just a people's champion or somebody who will speak up for the downtrodden.

There are even supporters (sadly) who are clutching at straws by citing FISCA as his achievement. On hindsight, the person who cited it appeared to be backing out that it was an achievement, by saying that it was at least something TKL had done or initiated. However, to cite something as having been done when the challenge was to list achievements, is to imply that what was done is the achievement. So why run away from it now? I'm sure if FISCA had 100,000 satisfied members now, there will be no doubt that TKL will come out and pick up his own form at the ED with much pomp and glory.

That he used somebody to do that, and to seek 100,000 petitioners, and then his wife as a smoke screen, is merely playing with the public's sentiments and fishing for support. Reminds me of the Shakespearean play Julius Caesar when he was offered the crown at the market place before his assassination, and how he was ostentatiously demurring. Is TKL enjoying the chase more than the trophy?

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
v well said bro...

once i got wind of TCB's speech at the SMA dinner on 14th May...i finally got excited abt EP11...in a positive way...

Look at TCB, He has shown by example and willing to go and test uncharted waters to such an extent he is a legend where MPs are concerned. Look at Viswaran, whose tail went between his legs once the old man chastised him.

SalahParking

Alfrescian
Loyal
I wonder whether it is in the Act that Tan Kin Lian must collect the EP forms personally ?

No need to wonder. If you are smart enough you will see that it is an act to show that the candidates are serious and has solid support from their wives(as the First Lady candidate). The president is often seen in at all public events with the first lady . However, TKL did not have that support and could not show it. Even at today's Black Picnic public event, TKL wife or Vivien Tan was conspicuously absent. Methinks TKL is show playing with the system to see how far he can go and grabbing media coverage in the process.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
OIC...k bro...

u know i feel for GMS...hv generally been of the view that his heart is in the right place n that he is a gd egg...i must say that i was even quite impressed n happy for him during GE11 notwithstanding the later brickbats thrown at him...which in my view was quite unfair since those outside of NSP were not privy to the internal dynamics wifin NSP...

however i was n still am of the view that GMS lacks political nous...the episode behind him leaving WP; his some time 'battles' in SBF fm delphi days n now this...clearly supports my view...

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
sigh n shake my head...it is perhaps clear that u do not understand the issue of character n how it applies in the context of the appropriate choice of head of state...
I wonder whether it is in the Act that Tan Kin Lian must collect the EP forms personally ?

Last edited:

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
oh dear...now u seem to be adding on other reasons for TKL's apparent reluctance to run for parliament??!!...sorry dude but u r only allowed 1 bite of the cherry!!...bwahahahahaha...

Independent candidate has never done well in the Singapore General Election. Even in GE 2011, independent candidate, if there are, will not survive the baptism. Running a TC is not a simple matter. Tan Kin Lian wishes to put his knowledge and experiences in more appropriate use as an EP instead.