• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Tan Kin Lian replies to "smears"

victoros

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is no supporters or even including Tan Kin Lian have ever said that the forming of FiSCA is his achievement. Tan Kin Lian has contributed significantly toward this initiative, both valuable times and monies. He is doing it because he feels consumers need to be educated and protected from those dishonest service providers. However, whether this is his achievement at the end of the day, he leaves the judgement to others.

One of the netizen asked what has Tan Kin Lian done and I responded his forming of the FiSCA. Please feel free to check the past postings. No one is running away.

From the many posts here, it seems many do not realise that an EP is more than just a people's champion or somebody who will speak up for the downtrodden.

There are even supporters (sadly) who are clutching at straws by citing FISCA as his achievement. On hindsight, the person who cited it appeared to be backing out that it was an achievement, by saying that it was at least something TKL had done or initiated. However, to cite something as having been done when the challenge was to list achievements, is to imply that what was done is the achievement. So why run away from it now? I'm sure if FISCA had 100,000 satisfied members now, there will be no doubt that TKL will come out and pick up his own form at the ED with much pomp and glory.

That he used somebody to do that, and to seek 100,000 petitioners, and then his wife as a smoke screen, is merely playing with the public's sentiments and fishing for support. Reminds me of the Shakespearean play Julius Caesar when he was offered the crown at the market place before his assassination, and how he was ostentatiously demurring. Is TKL enjoying the chase more than the trophy?

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
I do read all past posts in a thread b4 responding. I wonder if you are aware that FISCA training (so-called education) business is also within the same assoc as the advocacy function. I wonder if you are also aware that this is a conflict of interest. I for one would tend towards believing that he set up FISCA because he saw an opportunity to make some money out from many ignoramuses.

There is no supporters or even including Tan Kin Lian have ever said that the forming of FiSCA is his achievement. Tan Kin Lian has contributed significantly toward this initiative, both valuable times and monies. He is doing it because he feels consumers need to be educated and protected from those dishonest service providers. However, whether this is his achievement at the end of the day, he leaves the judgement to others.

One of the netizen asked what has Tan Kin Lian done and I responded his forming of the FiSCA. Please feel free to check the past postings. No one is running away.

victoros

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am not adding other reason. It was the fact but I am afraid, it was obviously not an option that Tan Kin Lian was considering at all. Apparently, you love to twist the fact. Tan Kin Lian has said that he never has the intention to contest in the General Election unless he joins a political party.

oh dear...now u seem to be adding on other reasons for TKL's apparent reluctance to run for parliament??!!...sorry dude but u r only allowed 1 bite of the cherry!!...bwahahahahaha...

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
v well said bro...this is a character issue viz being an appropriate choice for head of state...plain n simple...let's cut to the chase...when u go to any govt dept...heck even a small police station...which couple do u c put up in framed photos front n centre??!!...

case closed...next...
No need to wonder. If you are smart enough you will see that it is an act to show that the candidates are serious and has solid support from their wives(as the First Lady candidate). The president is often seen in at all public events with the first lady . However, TKL did not have that support and could not show it. Even at today's Black Picnic public event, TKL wife or Vivien Tan was conspicuously absent. Methinks TKL is show playing with the system to see how far he can go and grabbing media coverage in the process.

Last edited:

victoros

Alfrescian
Loyal
I hope you could still pinpoint your claim that Tan Kin Lian (or me) has ever said that the forming of FiSCA is his achievement.

On your next point, you are questioning about FiSCA activity. I am just an ordinary member. I have no rights to speak on behalf of the committee members.

However, judging from past activities where FiSCA organized talks and presentation, and charging under S$10.00 per person in order to cover the cost for booking of the auditorium, snacks and drinks; I have no complain over the small fee. I thought it was fair.

I do read all past posts in a thread b4 responding. I wonder if you are aware that FISCA training (so-called education) business is also within the same assoc as the advocacy function. I wonder if you are also aware that this is a conflict of interest. I for one would tend towards believing that he set up FISCA because he saw an opportunity to make some money out from many ignoramuses.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think you have just shot yr own foot. you are also splitting hairs by saying FISCA is not claimed as an achievement. Why would people be interested in what somebody running for EP has done if it was not an achievement of some sort. Either it is, or it is not. What I meant by shooting yr own foot is that if you admit it wasn't an achievement, then it takes the glitter out of TKL. If it is an achievement, then it is a very lousy one by any stds, which was what I meant by clutching at straws. Like making a mountain out of a molehill. So indeed you painted yr self into a corner on this one.

Last edited:

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
fm yr earlier posts n now this one...it looks to me that TKL appears to be constantly wearing his actuary hat??!!...
I am not adding other reason. It was the fact but I am afraid, it was obviously not an option that Tan Kin Lian was considering at all. Apparently, you love to twist the fact. Tan Kin Lian has said that he never has the intention to contest in the General Election unless he joins a political party.

kastro

Alfrescian
Loyal
From the many posts here, it seems many do not realise that an EP is more than just a people's champion or somebody who will speak up for the downtrodden.

The EP has never been and will never be a people's champion. An EP can speak for anyone till the cows come home but at the end of the day, he has only ceremonial roles and have no influence or executive powers over whatever levers of power. Anyone pinning their hopes on a single-independent person with no influence to check on the PAP is going to be hugely disappointed. EP does not act the role of an opposition candidate.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
You said this in post #171:

"You have asked what has Tan Kin Lian did and I cited the formation of FiSCA as an example."

I hope you could still pinpoint your claim that Tan Kin Lian (or me) has ever said that the forming of FiSCA is his achievement.

victoros

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are wrong. Tan Kin Lian is contesting in the EP because he has other achievements. He contributes to the forming of FiSCA and he is still contributing to the association presently. However, those members that benefit from FiSCA and including those people that managed to recover most of their invested monies in the failed mini-bonds because of Tan Kin Lian, they will probably give credits to Tan Kin Lian as his achievements. Tan Kin Lian has said before that the road for FiSCA is long and challenging. We can only measure the achievements at the end of the road instead.

I think you have just shot yr own foot. you are also splitting hairs by saying FISCA is not claimed as an achievement. Why would people be interested in what somebody running for EP has done if it was not an achievement of some sort. Either it is, or it is not. What I meant by shooting yr own foot is that if you admit it wasn't an achievement, then it takes the glitter out of TKL. If it is an achievement, then it is a very lousy one by any stds, which was what I meant by clutching at straws. So indeed you painted yr self into a corner on this one.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
so what r they in relation to helpling n serving the public?...also in relation to being openly critical of PAP/govt in a constructive manner wrt major political issues during TKL's tenure at NTUC Income?...

You are wrong. Tan Kin Lian is contesting in the EP because he has other achievements. .

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good try on yr part too to weasel out. If forming FISCA is not an achievement, then TKL is now short of one achievement then.

It's like telling people I have been to Harvard, and then on being asked if you graduated Summa cum laude , you say, "Who says anything about graduating?"

I mean, we are talking about an EP candidate. So what has done must equate with achievements, or dont even cite his deeds. It's not about what you did last Saturday with your dog.

Good try. Where did I said that the forming of FiSCA is Tan Kin Lian's " achievement " ?

Last edited:

victoros

Alfrescian
Loyal
Your example was weak and completely irrelevant. Just like forming a business, the achievement is measure when the business is making profit and survive the competition. FiSCA is still very new and to say that it has met the objectives is still premature. However, FiSCA has made some positive and encouraging developments so far.

We have 3 candidates contesting in the PE presently. I am very sure all the candidates have their own achievements. Unfortunately, it was " which candidate could best represent the people and has the appropriate knowledge and experiences " the most importance factor that Singaporeans must seriously consider instead.

Good try on yr part too to weasel out. If forming FISCA is not an achievement, then TKL is now short of one achievement then.

It's like telling people I have been to Harvard, and then on being asked if you graduated Summa cum laude , you say, "Who says anything about graduating?"

Last edited:

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
I sure hope that TKL if he becomes EP, does not say at the end of his term, when he has failed, that his work is a long process, and it is the journey that matters not the destination, blah blah.

Your example was weak and completely irrelevant. Just like forming a business, the achievement is measure when the business is making profit and survive the competition. FiSCA is still very new and to say that it has met the objectives is still premature. However, FiSCA has made some positive and encouraging growth so far.

Last edited:

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
So what are FISCA's KPIs? How do we know it has achieved? Mind shedding some light. No use asking everyone who asks to pay up $36 to find out. That's just running away from an argument.

So TKL has not achieved anything yet with FISCA, you say? Pray tell what else TKL has "achieved" not just "done". I have to be careful with you.

Your example was weak and completely irrelevant. Just like forming a business, the achievement is measure when the business is making profit and survive the competition. FiSCA is still very new and to say that it has met the objectives is still premature. However, FiSCA has made some positive and encouraging developments so far.

victoros

Alfrescian
Loyal
As I have said, I am just an ordinary member of FiSCA. Please feel free to contact FiSCA with your questions instead. I did not asked such questions when I joined FiSCA.

You asked : " So TKL has not achieved anything yet with FISCA " ? FiSCA did accomplish some (for example: educating more consumers on their rights) but the road is still long. The undone list is still long.

So what are FISCA's KPIs? How do we know it has achieved? Mind shedding some light. No use asking everyone who asks to pay up $36 to find out. That's just running away from an argument.

So TKL has not achieved anything yet with FISCA, you say? Pray tell what else TKL has "achieved" not just "done". I have to be careful with you.

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I will try again to explain why the whole FISCA is a walking disaster. We are all looking for transparency and FISCA was announced in the press by TKL as a financial consumer advocacy body that was going to be independent and not for profit.

There is no information of value and no indication how it is run. Now you claim that the committee members do not want to reveal their involvement.

Seems to me like straight from the PAP SOP.

As I have said, I am just an ordinary member of FiSCA. Please feel free to contact FiSCA with your questions instead. I did not asked such questions when I joined FiSCA.

You asked : " So TKL has not achieved anything yet with FISCA " ? FiSCA did accomplish some (for example: educating more consumers on their rights) but the road is still long.