• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Tan Jee Say and Tan Cheng Bock in Talks

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Welcome back.
From my own observation Tan Cheng Bock will lost his deposit. He is the weakest among the 4 .

Actually, the weakest link may be surprisingly be Tan Jee Say. According to reports, when TKL went around the markets, people come forward to him to support with the reason "because you are non-partisan". If you notice, Tony Tan now sings the same tune that he will not be affected by partisan views or pressure.

The tide has changed and this will become the mainstream view on who to vote: Politically Neutral, Non-partisan and Perceived as Truly Independent with non-confrontation agenda.

Goh Meng Seng

Liquigas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Jee Say and Tan Cheng Bock in Talks

Anybody knows what the bookies are saying about the contest?

Last GE, they said WP will capture Aljunied by 55% turned out to be accurate...

Summerbee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually, the weakest link may be surprisingly be Tan Jee Say. According to reports, when TKL went around the markets, people come forward to him to support with the reason "because you are non-partisan". If you notice, Tony Tan now sings the same tune that he will not be affected by partisan views or pressure.

The tide has changed and this will become the mainstream view on who to vote: Politically Neutral, Non-partisan and Perceived as Truly Independent with non-confrontation agenda.

Goh Meng Seng

Wah which market you go, the people know what is 'non-partisan'? The market I go, people still debating whether employers should compensate one more holiday for the saturday election.

In every scenario I can think of, TCB will come in behind all.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Wah which market you go, the people know what is 'non-partisan'? The market I go, people still debating whether employers should compensate one more holiday for the saturday election.

In every scenario I can think of, TCB will come in behind all.

It was reported in the Chinese Zaobao.

Goh Meng Seng

jw5

Loyal
PAP member for 30 years is non partisan?

If I want partisan how?

Might as well say TKL is the only one who doesn't wear spectacles in public. :rolleyes:

annexa

Alfrescian
Loyal
GMS, you talk to how many people to reach this conclusion? 10? 50? 100?

You know how many voters there are in this PE? 2.1mil+

So percentage wise, you think your sampling is representative? I not trying to whack you, but as a veteran politician, I do expect a lot more understanding of statistics from you!

Goh Meng Seng

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I noticed that from day 1 you have been claiming that he is non partisan. After 30 years, it's bit of a stretch to make such a claim. Only TJS can make such a claim. He is a rank outsider but that is a different issue. The smart thing to do is avoid making such statements as people can see that it is a false claim. One should be talking about his positive achievements. I am sure that it is damaging his campaign. His entire identity, his working career etc has been associated with NTUC, a creation of PAP. He did not achieve anything outside NTUC. The TT and TCB were PAP but they also achieved others things outside PAP. Such as OCBC, Medical practice, chairman of companies etc.
It was reported in the Chinese Zaobao. Goh Meng Seng

jujim

Alfrescian
Loyal
And how was OTC's association with PAP?

Assess a person more on what he have done and his beliefs. It takes a strong character to be in a system and yet stays true to his beliefs and convictions.

methink

Alfrescian
Loyal
you know nothing.

TCB has grassroots support. he is been around long time. Many town councils workers and cc are his former proteges including a TC chairman. He is formidable. he already planned his campaign since 2006. His people are in place.

Yes you are right on this one. TCB has been quietly working the ground and meeting the ppl.

Was told that he even invited the ppl from the taxi associations to his house for luncheon. He is getting the right kind of ppl to trumpet and drum up support for him. He is very likeable and caring.

Will make a better president than that fake TT.

Nik1971

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes you are right on this one. TCB has been quietly working the ground and meeting the ppl.

Was told that he even invited the ppl from the taxi associations to his house for luncheon. He is getting the right kind of ppl to trumpet and drum up support for him. He is very likeable and caring.

Will make a better president than that fake TT.

TCB has town council and grassroots support from WEST COAST. He sowed his seeds long ago but TT has not.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
I noticed that from day 1 you have been claiming that he is non partisan. After 30 years, it's bit of a stretch to make such a claim. Only TJS can make such a claim. He is a rank outsider but that is a different issue. The smart thing to do is avoid making such statements as people can see that it is a false claim. One should be talking about his positive achievements. I am sure that it is damaging his campaign. His entire identity, his working career etc has been associated with NTUC, a creation of PAP. He did not achieve anything outside NTUC. The TT and TCB were PAP but they also achieved others things outside PAP. Such as OCBC, Medical practice, chairman of companies etc.

Scroobal,

Put it this way, ALL other three candidates have contested in General Elections and apparently, they have chosen sides to fight their political battles accordingly. But TKL didn't. With due respect, he can only be considered as a small fry in PAP if he did not contest any GE nor accept any political appointment such as Minister. i.e. Just like many party activists in both PAP and opposition camps.

Furthermore, he has quit PAP years ago and apparently, this has nothing to do with running for Presidency nor for any other reasons other than to have a clear and clean cut from PAP. However, for TT and TCB, both of them quit PAP only for the convenience and motive of standing for Presidential Elections and there are no clear indications that they have really cut their ties with PAP, other than the formality need of quitting PAP to run for PE.

TJS is even worst case. Although he has only joined SDP for a couple of months for the purpose of running for GE, after he quits SDP to run for PE, he is still claiming that his candidacy will raise profile of opposition! He is true and through an opposition member in heart, mind and soul!

As compared to TKL, even though he quits PAP, he did not join any opposition to stand for GE.

If there is a scale from 1 to 10, 1 being totally opposition, 10 being totally PAP, Tony Tan would be 10, TJS would be 1. TCB can only claim to be 9 and TKL, 4. Thus in relative terms, I would consider TKL as the most politically neutral and non-partisan.

Goh Meng Seng

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is one of your most logical and best postings ever. See you tomorrow at PA nomination centre. That's extra meaningful to me since the premises used to be the school that watched me grow from adolescence to adulthood. Win or lose, it's time to witness history and be however small, a part of history, however small part, a citizen's duty.

见证历史的时刻,身为国民的责任。

Last edited:

mesmerised

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is one of your most logical and best postings ever. See you tomorrow at PA nomination centre. That's extra meaningful to me since the premises used to be the school that watched me grow from adolescence to adulthood. Win or lose, it's time to witness history and be however small, a part of history, however small part, a citizen's duty.

见证历史的时刻,身为国民的责任。

Haha..same place that Dhanabalan, Devan Nair, S.R.Nathan (plus you and me ) shared!

Unfortunately, I doubt it will be an occasion that will change history. The President will always remain under the "command and control" of the Government, whoever wins.

My bets are on TT though...:biggrin:

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahaha....watch this space..
more BS cumming...
the talks between tcb and tjs broke down at the last minute......
you heard it from me first.

Last edited:

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
And I am sure you predicted SDP/RP will win GE2011. No matter how much one hates the "daftness" of Singaporeans, one needs to understand the current political landscape.

Please do a check or ask anyone here. I predict RP election 2011 will lost no a single MP so does the SDP.
I predict NSP will win few seat the only party have chance so do the WP.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
And I am sure you predicted SDP/RP will win GE2011. No matter how much one hates the "daftness" of Singaporeans, one needs to understand the current political landscape.

Please do a check or ask anyone here. I predict RP election 2011 will lost no a single MP so does the SDP.
I predict NSP will win few seat the only party have chance so do the WP.