• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Tan Jee Say and Tan Cheng Bock in Talks

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Please read properly. I am not talking about TCB. Are you from Singapore?

you know nothing.

TCB has grassroots support. he is been around long time. Many town councils workers and cc are his former proteges including a TC chairman. He is formidable. he already planned his campaign since 2006. His people are in place.

Last edited:

Varuna

Alfrescian
Loyal
No idea and I suspect most people are also getting mixed signals.

this is 混水摸魚

I got this funny feeling too when I read about it. Maybe it could be an intended message for TJS and TCB, to see how they would want to respond from that. Even though the campaign has not started, I think there were already much work done in the background by the campaign team to this date, such as in getting support and raising funds. Even even if TKL, who is the one sitting on the sedan chair wants to stop, his immediate campaign team and supporters carrying the chair might not be willing to call it quits. :smile:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone in that position will find it difficult. I suspect that he is waiting for TJS to make the move because their target audience is similar compared to TT and TCB.
I got this funny feeling too when I read about it. Maybe it could be an intended message for TJS and TCB, to see how they would want to respond from that. Even though the campaign has not started, I think there were already much work done in the background by the campaign team to this date, such as in getting support and raising funds. Even even if TKL, who is the one sitting on the sedan chair wants to stop, his immediate campaign team and supporters carrying the chair might not be willing to call it quits. :smile:

annexa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Scroo, I still find it hard to believe what you say for all the respect I have for you. But I really hope what you say is true and come true finally is TCB vs TT.

ChaoPappyPoodle

Alfrescian
Loyal
Two egomaniacs, one headless chichken and one puppet is what we will be getting come nomination day. Surprisingly only the puppet knows what is really going on in Singapore.

jw5

Loyal
TKL in the fight will make the fight even closer than it is, but it would still be possible to eke out a win (of course the election campaign will still play a significant part especially the televised sections as well as unexpected bonuses like the "Thumbs-Up Handshake").

Don't think TKL in the fight will make it closer, it will make it easier for TT.
If it's TT vs TCB vs TKL, TKL will take some of TCB's votes but very few of TT's.

Varuna

Alfrescian
Loyal
TT vs TCB = TCB Win!
TT vs TKL = TT Win!
TT vs TJS = 50-50

Brudder, I am also inclined to go along your line of thoughts. But your scenarios are built upon the premise that 27 Aug is a 2 corner fight. :smile: Things are still fluid and not definite at this point of time. Let's wait for another 2 days and we will get a better picture of who will be fighting for the seat.

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yingluck SHinawatra was leading all polls from the time she announced herself as a candidate. TSJ was never even close if we can look at Yahoo's online poll as an indication. TSJ and TKL should just fuck off and let it be a TCB versus TT race.

Bro, I fucking agree with you!

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Brudder, I am also inclined to go along your line of thoughts. But your scenarios are built upon the premise that 27 Aug is a 2 corner fight. :smile: Things are still fluid and not definite at this point of time. Let's wait for another 2 days and we will get a better picture of who will be fighting for the seat.

Bro, anything more than 3 horse race will more or less be another bad day for Singaporeans. 4 horse race is gone case. My some people are going for TCB, so if TJS and TKL willing to step aside, i believe my some people will become many people. :biggrin:

MightyMouse

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, anything more than 3 horse race will more or less be another bad day for Singaporeans. 4 horse race is gone case. My some people are going for TCB, so if TJS and TKL willing to step aside, i believe my some people will become many people. :biggrin:

Many people agree with you and think that TKL should withdraw. But we will need some people to whisper into his ears that that is the wish of many people. Otherwise, TKL continue to wait by the phone and cannot announce his decision to quit the race, not so good for his image.

Last edited:
Z

Zombie

Many people agree with you and think that TKL should withdraw. But we will need some people to whisper into his ears that that is the wish of many people. Otherwise, TKL continue to wait by the phone and cannot announce his decision to quit the race, not so good for his image.

maybe people who walked into the banks with their eyes closed, will also walk into the polling stations with their eyes closed... :biggrin:

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

[video=youtube;jfWKB1x6n9g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfWKB1x6n9g[/video]

Some people they tease one another

Take pride in themselves keeping the other one down

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, the fact that they made contact is very encouraging to people. Like you and I, many want to see a straight fright which gives us hope that TT will not be President.

Everyone is tight lipped and understandbly so. I am sure no one is going to show his hand until in 2 days time. Tan Kin Lian and Tan Jee Say also need to make a graceful exit without losing face. Tan Kin Lian is also beholden to his supporters as they have invested time and effort and he has to give a good reason. The word is TJS has not sunk in much and therefore not so beholden. And his agenda is different.

Scroo, I still find it hard to believe what you say for all the respect I have for you. But I really hope what you say is true and come true finally is TCB vs TT.

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bro, the fact that they made contact is very encouraging to people. Like you and I, many want to see a straight fright which gives us hope that TT will not be President.

Everyone is tight lipped and understandbly so. I am sure no one is going to show his hand until in 2 days time. Tan Kin Lian and Tan Jee Say also need to make a graceful exit without losing face. Tan Kin Lian is also beholden to his supporters as they have invested time and effort and he has to give a good reason. The word is TJS has not sunk in much and therefore not so beholden. And his agenda is different.

In my other forum it appears that TJS has many supporters. I think the reason could be if he wins it will be a loss of face to GCT who maligned him during the last GE. I for one would like that.

SalahParking

Alfrescian
Loyal
TKL and TJS are playing into the governments hand. But the game is not over. You got to know when to hold em, know when to fold them, know when to walk away, know when to run.

newbie1

Everyone is talking about 60, 40. Does the 60 include that unfortunate walk-over GRC? How big is that? What is the %? Will they be the deciding factor for this PE?

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Any straight fight, Tony Tan will win. This is based on the GE2011 results; meaning, if this Presidential Elections is to be fought as PAP vs Opposition, PAP will win about 60% or slightly less while the other "opposition proxy" will win about 40% plus minus.

It is important for TCB to stay in the game as he will split TT's votes. A three corner fight in this case is the best chance to take TT down. This is why PAP decided to make it a four corner fight.

Goh Meng Seng

Welcome back.
From my own observation Tan Cheng Bock will lost his deposit. He is the weakest among the 4 .

jujim

Alfrescian
Loyal
Welcome back.
From my own observation Tan Cheng Bock will lost his deposit. He is the weakest among the 4 .

And I am sure you predicted SDP/RP will win GE2011. No matter how much one hates the "daftness" of Singaporeans, one needs to understand the current political landscape.