• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Tan Jee Say and Goh Meng Seng speak in one voice

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
TJS say should just shut up. He's no politician, he has no strong background. PPE so what? People have PhD in politics.

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
TJS has always been a strange chap. In his whole life, he has worked with people who were not easy to work with - in those days of civil service they would expect nothing less than full obedience from him - more so when he was always holding high ranks and getting promoted over others. Goh Chok Tong, Albert Winsemius, Ngiam Tong Dow etc. Note that he has worked with GCT not only as a PPS from 1985 to 1990, but as a founding employee of MTI from 1979 to 1985, he has served GCT for 12 years including when GCT was MTI minister during the same period.

Yet he stepped into politics, you see a soloist, erratic, unmannered and retracting. It's not so much about changing partisanship, as attested by his own former colleague Ngiam at MTI. But Ngiam effectively remains the same person, only his views changed and he became more vocal. He didn't become another person.

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ngiam did not run a company to the ground and therefore considered an untouchable in his industry / umemployable in his industry. One would change and change dramatically in such circumstances.

TJS has always been a strange chap. In his whole life, he has worked with people who were not easy to work with - in those days of civil service they would expect nothing less than full obedience from him - more so when he was always holding high ranks and getting promoted over others. Goh Chok Tong, Albert Winsemius, Ngiam Tong Dow etc. Note that he has worked with GCT not only as a PPS from 1985 to 1990, but as a founding employee of MTI from 1979 to 1985, he has served GCT for 12 years including when GCT was MTI minister during the same period.

Yet he stepped into politics, you see a soloist, erratic, unmannered and retracting. It's not so much about changing partisanship, as attested by his own former colleague Ngiam at MTI. But Ngiam effectively remains the same person, only his views changed and he became more vocal. He didn't become another person.

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ngiam did not run a company to the ground and therefore considered an untouchable in his industry / umemployable in his industry. One would change and change dramatically in such circumstances.

I feel it's more than that. When he went to someone to ask about WP candidacy, there was more scowl and abrasiveness than anything.

Last edited:

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Well, if WP perform badly in this by-elections, I don't think they will just bump into any 3 corner fights anyhow.

GOh Meng Seng

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Goh Meng Seng said:
Well, if WP perform badly in this by-elections, I don't think they will just bump into any 3 corner fights anyhow.

GOh Meng Seng

What if they perform credibly? Should they be given every right to go into 3C with any party?

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

GOh Meng Seng

Why wait for them to perform badly? Why be constrained by NSP/SDP/SPP/TJS declaration of no contest? You are your own man no? Come on, show the rest of Singapore how fucked up WP is and the fucking up of YSL's affairs. Offer yourself in as a credible candidate with 101% integrity? Show us the goods and that we have a choice other than the crappy WP and equally fucked up WP.

We believe in you leh

keling is shit

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why wait for them to perform badly? Why be constrained by NSP/SDP/SPP/TJS declaration of no contest? You are your own man no? Come on, show the rest of Singapore how fucked up WP is and the fucking up of YSL's affairs. Offer yourself in as a credible candidate with 101% integrity? Show us the goods and that we have a choice other than the crappy WP and equally fucked up WP.

We believe in you leh

so many bros here support goh meng seng. :smile:

come on goh meng seng. you can win hougang. go for it !

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

GOh Meng Seng

It is not hard to understand you. You want WP to perform poorly because you think that will discourage it from edging into other people's territory. This is wrong on so many levels.

Firstly what you do online has minimal impact; its the malicious gossip you spread offline that is poisonous and which turns people against one another, and yet even that has no impact on how people will vote.

Secondly, the only way a party can grow is to contest more ground each time, and with better candidates. No party can grow if it just hogs the same two or three GRCs every time. No one will want to join that party because they know places are limited by virtue of that's party's lackadaisical attitude toward expansion.

Thirdly, even if WP does poorly that does not mean it cannot regroup and restrategize. Ironically regrouping and restrategizing is what NSP needs to do now, more than any party. (SDA and RP are hopeless, so no comparison).

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Many bros in this forum already predicted correctly that some these people who expressed interested in Hougang would later use the tactic of pulling out and claim to be doing WP a favour, and ask for the same "favour" in return.

It's like those kids' games where I push you, then hold your arm, then say "I saved you".

It's like a skinny Jim Carrey saying to a muscular Sylvester Stallone, look, I didn't beat you up, so you owe me one, next time don't beat me up. Good for comedy. It's also like India telling Britain, don't occupy Calcutta, Mumbai and Delhi dah dey. The British looked bewildered, why? Because India did Britain a favor never occupy London and Scotland dah dey!

Last edited:

wwabbit

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I don't see a problem with what Tan Jee Say said.
I'm fully confident that Worker's Party will reciprocate and not force 3 Cornered Fights in a constituency that has an opposition incumbent.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
wwabbit said:
I'm fully confident that Worker's Party will reciprocate and not force 3 Cornered Fights in a constituency that has an opposition incumbent.

Agree. Something why they wouldn't do?

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal

A Gopalan Nair (well not as bad) again

deepblue0911

Alfrescian
Loyal

If TJS envisages a united opposition, then I think it's unrealistic. Partisan politics, not unlike business enterprises, are about self interests. It may sound sexy to group together against the common perceived enemy (PAP), but we all know the only constant in politics is interests. Once the interests shift, allies can become enemies overnight.

I'm not convinced that opposition parties must band together in order to be effective in fighting against the ruling party. What TJS is suggesting is nothing new - horse trading as a strategy so that opposition wins. And he seems aspired to become the "dragon head" (龙头大哥) of opposition.

We'll see whether that happens. I say it won't.