• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Some martial arts myths

Sammael

Alfrescian
Loyal
Council of Martial Art Association? Which one?

I just browsed the net and there are hundreds of XXX Council of Martial Art Association all over the world. Would it happened to be one started by you Sifu?

Further more, you claimed that Sim Poh Huat is a fraudster, yet when I suggest that your Sifu to challenge him to reveal the fraudster, you try to "dare" him to go and fight your sifu in Yunan? It more like empty talk to me, as far as I know, Sim PH probably not even a member of this forum.

Base on standard practise, you want to expose someone's capability, send a challenge invitation to do so, not " buy an expensive air ticket and come to my house to expose yourself".

Let me tell you something about fraudster, I read a book by Wu Tu Nan through Ma You Qing, something in the book is very interesting. It stated that Ma You Qing is the only disciple of Wu Tu Nan and Li Jie is the only grand disciple. There is not a single word mentioned about Sim Pooh Ho who have claimed to be the other disciple.

Haha Blessed is the ignorant, esp those who deny that Sim Poh Huat learnt most of all he knows from Sim Pooh Ho. To deny his golden belt as was awarded by the joint MA Associations including Sinsei Peter Chong is the greatest joke of the year. Please carry on with your self-denial. BYE.

kakowi

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was trained in Shaolin Temple and learnt all the 36 kung fu styles. I even sneaked into the Hidden Scroll Pagoda to steal the Inner Scroll of the Nine Suns (Jiu Yang Shen Gong) and One-Kilo-Tendons (Yi-Jin Jin). After perfecting all these skills... the only job I found in the market was as a security guard at Jurong Island and paid only $850. So much for kung fu....

Funny :biggrin:

You can challenge the gurkhas in the same way as Oyama did on others in his day

If you win, you can guard better places :smile:

kakowi

Alfrescian
Loyal
....Same with Taichi competition...

Denzuko1,

A friend who was a tai chi practitioner for a number of years told me that tai chi could not be used in competition because the rules forbid pushing and pulling.

Can you comment? Thanks.

Ah Guan

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was trained in Shaolin Temple and learnt all the 36 kung fu styles. I even sneaked into the Hidden Scroll Pagoda to steal the Inner Scroll of the Nine Suns (Jiu Yang Shen Gong) and One-Kilo-Tendons (Yi-Jin Jin). After perfecting all these skills... the only job I found in the market was as a security guard at Jurong Island and paid only $850. So much for kung fu....

LOL!!!!

You can also find work as a stuntman lah. You can be the monster in Ultraman or Power Ranger shows.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

mayb u try time travel n go back in time 2 b a top martial artist in ze river-lake ... :p :biggrin:

peasantJUDGE

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have watched Steven Segal in action on Youtube.com. He tackled 7 men using Aikido, it was impressive.

No doubt soft martial arts depends more on techniques and study of human weakness unlike hard martial arts on speed and strength. I guess we can call soft martial arts one which stimulate critical thinking. They go for human behaviour, anatomic weakness such as joints and accupuncture points. I have watched Jujitsu execution on fight science ( National Geographic ). They simply lock the opponents and twist the joints until either it breaks or surrenders.

Another martial art also interests me, Capeira focuses on the legs techniques, impressive demonstration but I am not sure how effective it is in real fight. It is suposed to be a martial arts in disguise of a dance and it involves over hundred moves.

LOL. I wonder how many of us can remember 20 moves, not to mention 100. That's why I prefer Aikido for "non aggressive" defence. Aikido basically revolves around just a few "circular" movements, but all of them are intended to maim, disable and disarm an opponent in just a few moves - less than 20 seconds. This is unlike all those Jet Li-type fights that last 15 minutes with lots of broken ribs and bleeding noses. For aggressive arts, I think the Israeli forces practice one of the best in the world. JJS and kickboxing is pretty powerful too but requires a lot of hard core training and stamina. A friend of mine learnt Shaolin kung fu when he was 10 years old and has mastered all the various forms. He is now 50 years old and suffers from damaged scrotum due to all those years of training. He says it's not the martial arts skill that matters most, it's the fighter's "eye of the tiger" that determine who wins a fight.

denzuko1

Alfrescian
Loyal
LOL. I wonder how many of us can remember 20 moves, not to mention 100. That's why I prefer Aikido for "non aggressive" defence. Aikido basically revolves around just a few "circular" movements, but all of them are intended to maim, disable and disarm an opponent in just a few moves - less than 20 seconds. This is unlike all those Jet Li-type fights that last 15 minutes with lots of broken ribs and bleeding noses. For aggressive arts, I think the Israeli forces practice one of the best in the world. JJS and kickboxing is pretty powerful too but requires a lot of hard core training and stamina. A friend of mine learnt Shaolin kung fu when he was 10 years old and has mastered all the various forms. He is now 50 years old and suffers from damaged scrotum due to all those years of training. He says it's not the martial arts skill that matters most, it's the fighter's "eye of the tiger" that determine who wins a fight.

I agree with you. In fact my teacher feedback thatmost of the time, you will only use 1 or 2 moves ( if there is an opportunity of using it ). He did mention that if there is a group of opponent, just hit and run, never assume that you can take on the hole bunch of them.

Uncle2

Alfrescian
Loyal
Funny :biggrin:

You can challenge the gurkhas in the same way as Oyama did on others in his day

If you win, you can guard better places :smile:

Cannot la bro... I tried that last week against the Gurkha... I was winning the bout when he suddenly used the last stroke in the Buddha Fist - One Million Buddhas Praying to Heaven (Wan Fuo Cao Zong). I thought my Tame Dragon 18 Palms (Xiang Long Shi Ba Zhang) can tahan.... but he was too good for me lor...:p

Anyway.... back in JUrong island also not so bad. AT least no retrenchment here....

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Scrotum means the skin on the balls right??????

If it's just skin how can it be damaged permanently???

Unless u meant his testes?????

Btw how come that area kenna damaged??? praticed too much iron balls training????:biggrin::biggrin:

Cthulhu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Until now nobody has mentioned this guy. Best martial artiste ever!

kung-fu-panda.JPG

denzuko1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Haha Blessed is the ignorant, esp those who deny that Sim Poh Huat learnt most of all he knows from Sim Pooh Ho. To deny his golden belt as was awarded by the joint MA Associations including Sinsei Peter Chong is the greatest joke of the year. Please carry on with your self-denial. BYE.

It would really be ignorant if to deny that Sim Poh Huat learned from Sim Pooh Ho. In fact Sim Pooh Ho started NWP and the first to teach the Wu Tu Nan sytle in Singapore. I am even doubtful that Sim Poh Huat would deny this.

The question I post is not the relationship between Sim Poh Huat and Sim Pooh Ho, but the legitimacy of Sim Pooh Ho as the close door disciple of Wu Tu Nan as he has claimed. For many years Sim Pooh Ho has been promoting his martial arts techniques base on this title. Yet on book published jointly under the name of Ma You Qing and Wu Tu Nan. Wu Tu Nan only recognised Ma as the only close door disciple and Li Jie as the Grand disciple. Not a single word was mentioned about Sim Pooh Ho.

I also have to bless the age of technology, it is so easy to find information. To be honest, I know little about Peter Chong until you mentioned his name, and since you have not at all reveal what Martial Art Association, I got busy and started digging.

There are 2 Peter Chong that interest me, one is a Triad boss in Hong Kong, prominant guy and you can read about him here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Chong

Adding Singapore to the search give the other Shidan Peter Chong, a Karate expert with many years of experience and wide network world wide. Coincidentally he is also the President of the Singapore Martial Arts Instructor's Association. The profiles matching your description. The fact that you address him as SinSei support the view that he practises Japanese Martial Arts. Of course you can also read about him here.

http://www.ikosingapore.com/shihanPeter.php

Then searching for Singapore Martial Arts Instructor's Association gives me the contact:

http://www.smaia.org/about.asp

Checking with them yeild the followings:

1) You can join member by filling the forms and a payment of SGD20;
2) You need to state the Dojo you come from and your grading in your dojo;
3) The Association will accept your input as it is, they will not make changes unless you up-date them. In fact the person claimed that many just registered and never up-date their particulars for years;
4) The association never grade the instructors, it is the Dojos who determine their own grading system and grade the instructors accordingly;

The claim that Master Sim Pooh Ho was awarded a golden belt joint by MA Association and Peter Chong, I have checked up Karate Dan's system which is listed as follows:

shodan (初段:しょだん): first degree black belt
nidan (二段:にだん): second degree black belt
sandan (三段:さんだん): third degree black belt
yodan (四段:よだん): fourth degree black belt
godan (五段:ごだん): fifth degree black belt
rokudan (六段:ろくだん): sixth degree black belt
nanadan (七段:ななだん): seventh degree black belt (also, shichidan)
hachidan (八段:はちだん): eighth degree black belt
kudan (九段:くだん): ninth degree black belt
jūdan (十段:じゅうだん): tenth degree black belt

Firstly, even for TKD, it is black belt, while Judo white (if my recollection serves me right). The association never grade their members, there is no golden belt from there.

Secondly, Peter Chong comes from the Karate discipline and there is no correlation between Karate and Taichi, therefore there is no reason for him to gauge whether the "golden belt" (if existed) can be awarded to Sim Pooh Ho.

The laughable part is your claim that the belt is presented to Sim Pooh Ho jointly by Peter Chong and MA Association, you are telling people that Taichi is of lower standard than Karate and can be graded by Karate Dan standard. So Sim Pooh Ho must have been learning Karate from Peter Chong. You have just down graded your Grand Master to sub-group of Karate.

Most likely Sim Pooh Ho gave himself the golden belt and registered himself. Other wise you can check up with the association to support your claim.

Sammael

Alfrescian
Loyal
bunch of garbage just to prove SPH isn't a fraudster. go ahead re-write history as you see fit whilst others are laffing their toes off.

Sammael

Alfrescian
Loyal
tweaking facts, putting words in my mouth will not prove anything except how badly SPH needs to be shielded.

peasantJUDGE

Alfrescian
Loyal
Scrotum means the skin on the balls right??????

If it's just skin how can it be damaged permanently???

Unless u meant his testes?????

Btw how come that area kenna damaged??? praticed too much iron balls training????:biggrin::biggrin:

Oh yah...thanks for pointing that out. Let's just say, his balls are damaged.

Sammael

Alfrescian
Loyal
It would really be ignorant if to deny that Sim Poh Huat learned from Sim Pooh Ho. In fact Sim Pooh Ho started NWP and the first to teach the Wu Tu Nan sytle in Singapore. I am even doubtful that Sim Poh Huat would deny this.

Boy what a relief! I thot I was dealing with Osama himself.

The question I post is not the relationship between Sim Poh Huat and Sim Pooh Ho, but the legitimacy of Sim Pooh Ho as the close door disciple of Wu Tu Nan as he has claimed.

Since when did I mention Wu Tunan? You brought it in to brown-arm the topic. Shooo!!

For many years Sim Pooh Ho has been promoting his martial arts techniques base on this title. Yet on book published jointly under the name of Ma You Qing and Wu Tu Nan. Wu Tu Nan only recognised Ma as the only close door disciple and Li Jie as the Grand disciple. Not a single word was mentioned about Sim Pooh Ho.

Have you read the original NWP anniversary magazine wherein Wu Tunan wrote a preface complimenting Sim Pooh Ho & acknowledging him as one of his two diciples? Rather old copy & even you had, you will surely deny its existence.

I also have to bless the age of technology, it is so easy to find information. To be honest, I know little about Peter Chong until you mentioned his name, and since you have not at all reveal what Martial Art Association, I got busy and started digging.

How amusing.

There are 2 Peter Chong that interest me, one is a Triad boss in Hong Kong, prominant guy and you can read about him here:

Why even mention this? Wasting bandwidth.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Chong

Adding Singapore to the search give the other Shidan Peter Chong, a Karate expert with many years of experience and wide network world wide. Coincidentally he is also the President of the Singapore Martial Arts Instructor's Association. The profiles matching your description. The fact that you address him as SinSei support the view that he practises Japanese Martial Arts. Of course you can also read about him here.

Tsk, tsk dun even know Peter Chong - you must be wet behind the ears.

http://www.ikosingapore.com/shihanPeter.php

Then searching for Singapore Martial Arts Instructor's Association gives me the contact:

http://www.smaia.org/about.asp

Checking with them yeild the followings:

1) You can join member by filling the forms and a payment of SGD20;
2) You need to state the Dojo you come from and your grading in your dojo;
3) The Association will accept your input as it is, they will not make changes unless you up-date them. In fact the person claimed that many just registered and never up-date their particulars for years;
4) The association never grade the instructors, it is the Dojos who determine their own grading system and grade the instructors accordingly;

Quit wasting my time & bandwidth.

The claim that Master Sim Pooh Ho was awarded a golden belt joint by MA Association and Peter Chong, I have checked up Karate Dan's system which is listed as follows:

Joint MA Associations back then were very active & you were far too young to know about them. Peter Chong was cited as part of the associations. Read the sentence simply & dun tweak it.

shodan (初段:しょだん): first degree black belt
nidan (二段:にだん): second degree black belt
sandan (三段:さんだん): third degree black belt
yodan (四段:よだん): fourth degree black belt
godan (五段:ごだん): fifth degree black belt
rokudan (六段:ろくだん): sixth degree black belt
nanadan (七段:ななだん): seventh degree black belt (also, shichidan)
hachidan (八段:はちだん): eighth degree black belt
kudan (九段:くだん): ninth degree black belt
jūdan (十段:じゅうだん): tenth degree black belt

Firstly, even for TKD, it is black belt, while Judo white (if my recollection serves me right). The association never grade their members, there is no golden belt from there.

What gibberish vomit! Did I say anything about association grading members?

Secondly, Peter Chong comes from the Karate discipline and there is no correlation between Karate and Taichi, therefore there is no reason for him to gauge whether the "golden belt" (if existed) can be awarded to Sim Pooh Ho.

Again you are twisting around. Did I say PC awarded the golden belt to him? Read again. Deny all you want: golden belt does exist. Again ignorance is a bliss.

The laughable part is your claim that the belt is presented to Sim Pooh Ho jointly by Peter Chong and MA Association,

You are a pathetic fruitcake.

you are telling people that Taichi is of lower standard than Karate and can be graded by Karate Dan standard.
[/B]
That is your absurd assertion, not mine. [/B]

So Sim Pooh Ho must have been learning Karate from Peter Chong. You have just down graded your Grand Master to sub-group of Karate.

Bovine turd excreted from your anus.

Most likely Sim Pooh Ho gave himself the golden belt and registered himself. Other wise you can check up with the association to support your claim.

Those are the facts. You can twist them in any manner you want, they remain facts. To dig up old stuff decades before Internet requires effort and luck but above all, to do it to benefit ignoramus like you, simply isn't worth a shit :oIo: