• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Skip the dentist. Just find a Grab driver!

shiokalingam

Alfrescian
Loyal
Look at our lanjiao media, all siding the idiot Henry
He stirred shit and refuse to make good. Now play victim.

ST just picked up the story.

farker Henry He deserved it.
2018-05-28 20.27.49.png

shiokalingam

Alfrescian
Loyal
The driver struck Mr He in the face, which left him with four fractured upper teeth and severe bleeding in his mouth. The police said that they are investigating a case of voluntarily causing hurt at Block 727 Yishun Street 71.

Mr He, 35, told The Straits Times on Monday (May 28) that the dispute was over the cancellation of his Grab trip, after the driver said that he could not take his five-year-old son. Under the law, children under 1.35m require booster seats or child restraints when travelling in private hire cars.

However, taxis are exempted from this rule. Mr He, however, had not indicated in his Grab booking that he was with his child. Speaking to ST over the phone, he said the Grab driver arrived in a black Audi but said that he had to book another ride.

Mr He, who works in the service sector, agreed and the driver then left the carpark. He then booked another trip on the Ryde app. But as he was waiting for his Ryde driver to arrive, the Grab driver returned and asked him why he had not cancelled the earlier ride. He told the driver that he should have cancelled the ride, since he refused to pick them up, but the driver reacted angrily to this.

However, Mr He eventually agreed to cancel the Grab booking, but just as he was about to board the Ryde car, the Grab driver punched him in the face without warning "I rarely take Grab rides with my children, so I didn't know I needed a child seat," he said. "I assumed that the driver would cancel, but it was such a shock when the dispute escalated and he punched me."

Mr He said he called the police immediately, and tried to stop the Grab driver from leaving the scene. He said that he visited the accident and emergency department at Tan Tock Seng Hospital, which referred him to a dentist.

He was told that he would require dental implants and surgery to fix his fractured teeth, which he estimates would cost up to $30,000. "I can't talk or eat well, and the pain has given me a lot of discomfort," he said, adding that he continues to take painkiller regularly. "It has also affected my interactions with others, especially at work."

He added that he has sent an e-mail to Grab and hopes that they would compensate him for the cost of the dental implants. "My two sons are still traumatised by the incident," he said.

In response to ST's queries, a Grab spokesman said that the safety of customers, including driver and passengers, is its absolute priority, and that it does not tolerate such behaviour.

"The police investigation is ongoing and we will be cooperating fully," the spokesman added.

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
my uncle also say KNN after polis take down statement audi driver still can drive off no need go mata choo KNN

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It takes a real solid punch to knock out 4 teeth. If one is not trained in martial art, it takes great anger for an untrained to deliver such a blow. Really hope to hear story from the grab driver.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Please la, any idiot knows that whoever throws the first punch is the clown who deserves to get screwed.

So what if the passenger is also an idiot?

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This case highlighted the issue of obeying law and taking the law in your own hands. If one chooses to take the law in his own hands, he must have no fear of the consequences such as going to jail. Otherwise, some may find themselves perpetually being bullied by those who know how to manipulate within the legal framework.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
I find it funny that people are siding Audi driver.

Both are fucking morons right? It will be a better world for us, if they are led into a gas chamber!

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Both has typical Sinkies Traits, driver brainless and pax sai lan.
The devil in me felt that it is karma for this pax to meet this driver. To loose 4 teeth is an extremely painful life lesson that not everyone is docile and can be fooled around to our advantage and get "played out" by our tricks without retaliating.

Between a simply foolish man and a scheming foolish man, it is natural to support the former.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Both fuckers are foolish retards. Better check how that Audi clown manage to scrap enough money to buy his car. Or is it just a rental? Haha

These days everyone borrowing so heavily from banks to look rich.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
it is not because drivers refused to buy the booster seats, they r not allowed under the law to do this. this is always the general misunderstanding amidst a whole loads of restriction designed to impede PHV survival. not all grab rides can do kids only assigned rides can do it. it is a wanton problem created by lta for the silliest of all reasons, lack of innovation or sanity, a problem that can be solved by money (insurance premium). Why hinder PHV?

If kena few times this type of booking..can go home and koon already. :biggrin: so dun think to much..Notice every rider is greater than 1.35m:p

Last edited:

shiokalingam

Alfrescian
Loyal
please ask this Asshole Andrew Chan
head of GrabCar to do a full overhaul on Grabcar driver incentives scheme. be more flexible with the farking Cancellation Buttons.

before more serious incidents blow up between Drivers and Riders.

Screenshot_2018-05-29-12-08-32_1.jpg

shiokalingam

Alfrescian
Loyal
Land Transport Authority should impose a fine of at least s$1.00m on Grab Singapore
for its anti competitive behaviours and for preying on Grabcar drivers for the past 4 years.

Grab App is unfair to Grabcar drivers and the whole Grab Mgt Team must answer for it !!!

2018-05-29 11.43.30.png

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yesterday evening, the Grab driver who reportedly punched his passenger, Henry, spoke out and released a statement on Facebook.

His statement was shared on Facebook group ‘Singapore Private Hire Car Drivers & Riders Community’.

In his statement, he explained his side of the story and said, “On the 12th of May 2018/11.30am (Sat), I received a JUSTGRAB booking that requires to pick n send a req to the location requested by the pax.”

“To my surprise there were 2 kids and a lady accompanying the guy, he opened my rear door and before he was about to bard my car, I politely told him that im unable to proceed his req as I don’t have any mifold to support his kids. I explained that he has booked a Justgrab booking and politely told him to rebook and get a Taxi or Grabfamily. He slammed shut my door and walked off. “

“After waiting for 5mins, he did not cancel the booking and I decide to make my way back to his location. I saw him waiting and asked why is he not cancelling the booking as I cant accept any further call if he does not do so.

He shouted at me asking me why should he be cancelling? Im the one who rejected him.

I explained that, I cant cancel as my Cancellation Rate is insufficient to cancel on my end and will result my incentive for the whole week ($300+) to be forfeited if I can maintain the CR. I told him that I wont want to hold the liability of being fine $120 (3 points) or worst case scenario if an accident occurs.”

When another private-hire vehicle arrived, “The family approached the car and boarded the car immediately, I then went to the rider and furthermore requested him to cancel only to be tolded off that he will cancel afterwards.”

“He sarcastically laughed at me and that was when I cant hold back my emotions to be treated like a beggar. I admit I should not have reacted the way I reacted but I must admit I too have my weakness as a human being. After wasting my resource and time,it further escalates the reactions of mine. But whatever reasons I have,I know all the odds will be against me as people will see me as the guilty party.”

Screen-Shot-2018-05-28-at-7.36.50-pm.png
Screen-Shot-2018-05-28-at-7.37.01-pm.png

Netizens who read his account surprisingly took the side of the driver, but cautioned that the violence he exuded was unnecessary.

Screen-Shot-2018-05-28-at-7.45.46-pm.png
Screen-Shot-2018-05-28-at-7.46.18-pm.png
Screen-Shot-2018-05-28-at-7.46.10-pm.png
Screen-Shot-2018-05-28-at-7.46.00-pm.png

http://theindependent.sg/grab-driver-who-punched-passenger-speaks-out/