• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Skip the dentist. Just find a Grab driver!

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Man suffers fractured teeth after Grab driver punches him during argument over trip cancellation

punch.jpg

PHOTO: Stomp
CK TAN
STOMP

May 28, 2018
FacebookTwitterGoogle+Email

A man fractured four of his teeth after allegedly getting punched in the face by his Grab driver during an argument over the cancellation of the trip at about 11.50am on May 12.

Stomp contributor Henry told Stomp that he and his family were heading to Choa Chu Kang from Block 727 Yishun Street 71 at the time of the incident.

Henry booked a ride via the Grab app, and a driver of a black Audi had responded to his booking at about 11.33am.

When the driver arrived at the block at 11.42am, he allegedly told Henry that he would not be able to pick the family up as Henry had a 5-year-old child with him and was supposed to have indicated that fact while booking the ride.

He apparently advised Henry to book another ride.

Henry said he agreed and the Audi driver went off.

Henry then booked another ride using a different app, and the family waited for the ride at the same spot.

While waiting for the second car to arrive, the Audi driver reportedly returned at 11.46pm.

The driver allegedly started questioning him loudly, asking him why he had not cancelled his earlier Grab booking.

Henry explained to the driver that he should have been the one to do the cancellation instead since he rejected the pickup.

At the time, his second ride, a blue Mitsubishi arrived.

Henry said that the Audi driver started becoming verbally abusive, and shouted at him to cancel the booking while attempting to convince the Mitsubishi driver not to pick up Henry.

Henry then agreed to cancel the Grab booking as he boarded the Mitsubishi, but still, the Audi driver was unhappy.

At the time, Henry was seated in the front passenger seat, and he alleged that the Audi driver held the door open as he shouted at him, asking him to stop laughing even though he was not.

Henry added that the Audi driver suddenly punched him in the face without warning as he was taking out his phone to cancel the Grab trip.

The impact of the blow caused him to bleed profusely.

Henry immediately called the police and asked his family to head back home as he was worried that the Audi driver might attack them as well.

After that, the Audi driver apparently attempted to drive off, but Henry leaned on his vehicle to prevent him from leaving.

The police and emergency services promptly arrived at the scene, and the Audi driver left after being questioned by the police officers.

Henry was then conveyed to the accident and emergency facility at Khoo Teck Huat Hospital for treatment.

He told Stomp that he was referred for a dental checkup and surgery on May 14 after discovering that the blow had fractured four of his teeth.

Said Henry:

"I would like to highlight the severity of the incident. I was attacked without any provocation, and it was carried out in front of my wife and two young children.

"The assault has caused serious mental trauma to me and my family. I feel a sense of helplessness for letting my children witness their father being attacked by a stranger.

"Not to mention the effect this incident has on my children. What if they learn from to solve their problems through violent means?"

A police spokesman said that they were alerted at 11.51am to a case of voluntarily causing hurt at Block 727 Yishun Street 71.

A 35-year-old man was conscious when conveyed to Khoo Teck Huat Hospital and police investigations are ongoing.

In response to a Stomp query, a Grab spokesman said:

"The safety of our customers - drivers and passengers alike - is our absolute priority, and we do not tolerate such behaviour.

"The police investigation is ongoing and we will be fully cooperating."

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
looking at his gigi, it's good opportunity and about time for this fella to redo his teeth and his family will appreciate a better looking dad all the more. at the very least, he'll outdo mak kental honeymah when yawning :p

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
His audi r8 issit?
If not 4 seated audi cannot sit 2 pax? :biggrin:
Funny his apps can see who book the ride, since same person why he went again hahaa bodoh:biggrin:

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
y do difficult sending a 5 yrs old kid...:rolleyes: just close one eye:wink::p.

u fail to understand it is one of the many LTAs rule working against PHVD, this type of trickery by passengers is a daily affair, some took the bait and get fined. learn to understand the unreasonableness of local riders.

https://www.police.gov.sg/resources...y-have-a-licence/revised-seat-belt-rules-faqs

What are the penalties for the drivers who fail to belt up appropriately?
What are the penalties for bus drivers who fail to ensure that their passengers belt up?
What is the penalty if a taxi driver fails to ensure that persons below the height of 1.35m ride in the rear seats of taxis?

A composition fine of $120 and 3 demerit points.
If charged in court and convicted, the penalty shall be a fine not exceeding S$1,000 or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 3 months and in the case of a second or subsequent offence, to a fine not exceeding S$2,000 or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 6 months.

Last edited:

Hangover

Alfrescian
Loyal
If Henry had young kids with him, he should book a cab because Grab's insurance don't cover the young kids OR requires children car seat on board.

Henry tried to get the Audi driver into troubles by refusing to cancel the trip initially, and also not canceling although he agreed to do so when he boarded the Mitsubishi (second car).

Grab drivers are at the passenger's mercy although Henry tried to outwit the system by trying to get Audi to accept his kids on board. Henry was at fault to begin and likely to be xia lan,so Audi was agitated. For publicity reasons, Grab will side Henry.

Hangover

Alfrescian
Loyal
Glenn Teo3 hours ago

Stomper Henry totally asked for it. Dishonest when using Grab and did not declare there is a child <5. He still can be guai lan to say the driver should cancel?!?!?! Still want to cry foul???

First sq2 hours ago

Stomper Henry i think it's not the 1st time you using this app so you shall know you should inform the driver that you have a 5yr old child. You just trying to save money on just grab instead of taxi so if what you are trying is unsuccessful just cancel yourself why must you delay the driver's time to earn money by not canceling, he already waste his time on you. This is a lesson for you and you are lucky you in Singapore if not i think all your teeth will dropped.

Alv Wong2 hours ago

Henry is wrong. Wasted driver time.
Driver is wrong to punch rider. If he call grab support. It refuse to do the cancelling on his behalf.
Grab shd allow drivers to cancel the job without calling grab CSO (wait too long voice call to speak to CSO) or when he cancel it affect their rating.
But Grab lets driver and rider solve this shortcoming grab apps problem. Its grab failure. Drivers writing or keying in erp rates while driving. Its dangerous. Grab pool is dangerous because drivers fail to follow lane discipline and endanger others life.Grab has a social role to play.

Jonathan Ng J3 hours ago

Henry Henry, u have a 5 yrs old kid but do u aware that it is illegal for normal Grabcar to pick u.
It yr fault and he already explained to u.

U still yaya papaya don't wanna cancel the booking.

Now U suffered the pain and affect yr appearance, do u think u deserved the sympathy?

BTW, there is a thing call TAXI, can use the booking apps or by call.

Jonathan Ng J3 hours ago

Henry Henry, u have a 5 yrs old kid but do u aware that it is illegal for normal Grabcar to pick u.
It yr fault and he already explained to u.

U still yaya papaya don't wanna cancel the booking.

Now U suffered the pain and affect yr appearance, do u think u deserved the sympathy?

BTW, there is a thing call TAXI, can use the booking apps or by call.

uglysingaporean4 hours ago

Cheap stake Rider deserved it. Many Riders know when there is a child below 1.35m in height will need a child seat but they don't request for a car with child seat to save a few dollars. Henry is in the wrong and still do not cancel the booking. Many Riders are no angel, Grab should review the Drivers rating given by them and not always penalised the drivers innocently.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
u fail to understand it is one of the many LTAs rule working against PHVD, this type of trickery by passengers is a daily affair, some took the bait and get fined. learn to understand the unreasonableness of local riders.

https://www.police.gov.sg/resources...y-have-a-licence/revised-seat-belt-rules-faqs

What are the penalties for bus drivers who fail to ensure that their passengers belt up?
What is the penalty if a taxi driver fails to ensure that persons below the height of 1.35m ride in the rear seats of taxis?

If charged in court and convicted, the penalty shall be a fine not exceeding S$1,000 or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 3 months and in the case of a second or subsequent offence, to a fine not exceeding S$2,000 or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 6 months.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal

The cheapo driver didn't buy e child seats.
Many cheapo riders are trying their luck as well.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
punch.jpg

A man fractured four of his teeth after allegedly getting punched in the face by his Grab driver during an argument over the cancellation of the trip at about 11.50am on May 12.

Stomper Henry told Stomp that he and his family were heading to Choa Chu Kang from Block 727 Yishun Street 71 at the time of the incident.

Henry booked a ride via the Grab app, and a driver of a black Audi had responded to his booking at about 11.33am.

When the driver arrived at the block at 11.42am, he allegedly told Henry that he would not be able to pick the family up as Henry had a 5-year-old child with him and was supposed to have indicated that fact while booking the ride.

He apparently advised Henry to book another ride.

Henry said he agreed and the Audi driver went off.

Henry then booked another ride using a different app, and the family waited for the ride at the same spot.

While waiting for the second car to arrive, the Audi driver reportedly returned at 11.46pm.

The driver allegedly started questioning him loudly, asking him why he had not cancelled his earlier Grab booking.

Henry explained to the driver that he should have been the one to do the cancellation instead since he rejected the pickup.

At the time, his second ride, a blue Mitsubishi arrived.

Henry said that the Audi driver started becoming verbally abusive, and shouted at him to cancel the booking while attempting to convince the Mitsubishi driver not to pick up Henry.

Henry then agreed to cancel the Grab booking as he boarded the Mitsubishi, but still, the Audi driver was unhappy.

At the time, Henry was seated in the front passenger seat, and he alleged that the Audi driver held the door open as he shouted at him, asking him to stop laughing even though he was not.

Henry added that the Audi driver suddenly punched him in the face without warning as he was taking out his phone to cancel the Grab trip.

The impact of the blow caused him to bleed profusely.

Henry immediately called the police and asked his family to head back home as he was worried that the Audi driver might attack them as well.

After that, the Audi driver apparently attempted to drive off, but Henry leaned on his vehicle to prevent him from leaving.

The police and emergency services promptly arrived at the scene, and the Audi driver left after being questioned by the police officers.

Henry was then conveyed to the accident and emergency facility at Khoo Teck Huat Hospital for treatment.

He told Stomp that he was referred for a dental checkup and surgery on May 14 after discovering that the blow had fractured four of his teeth.

Said Henry: "I would like to highlight the severity of the incident. I was attacked without any provocation, and it was carried out in front of my wife and two young children.

"The assault has caused serious mental trauma to me and my family. I feel a sense of helplessness for letting my children witness their father being attacked by a stranger.

"Not to mention the effect this incident has on my children. What if they learn from to solve their problems through violent means?"

A police spokesman said that they were alerted at 11.51am to a case of voluntarily causing hurt at Block 727 Yishun Street 71.

A 35-year-old man was conscious when conveyed to Khoo Teck Puat Hospital and police investigations are ongoing.

In response to a Stomp query, a Grab spokesman said: "The safety of our customers - drivers and passengers alike - is our absolute priority, and we do not tolerate such behaviour.

"The police investigation is ongoing and we will be fully cooperating."

Stomp understands that for safety reasons, all vehicles in Singapore must have booster seats or child restraints for passengers under 1.35m in height.

Grab passengers who travelling with children can book GrabFamily rides that come with child booster seats for toddlers and seats for children between four to seven years of age.

http://stomp.straitstimes.com/singa...-driver-punches-him-during-argument-over-trip

shiokalingam

Alfrescian
Loyal
The cheapo driver didn't buy e child seats.
Many cheapo riders are trying their luck as well.

and here is Grab get to screw both rider and driver.

# driver will be penaltlise on weekly incentive for declining the ride - if this driver press the cancel button.

# rider will be screwed for future rides if he press the cancel button

# conclusion = fuck the asshole Henry for starting all the shits !!!

shiokalingam

Alfrescian
Loyal
If Henry had young kids with him, he should book a cab because Grab's insurance don't cover the young kids OR requires children car seat on board.

Henry tried to get the Audi driver into troubles by refusing to cancel the trip initially, and also not canceling although he agreed to do so when he boarded the Mitsubishi (second car).

Grab drivers are at the passenger's mercy although Henry tried to outwit the system by trying to get Audi to accept his kids on board. Henry was at fault to begin and likely to be xia lan,so Audi was agitated. For publicity reasons, Grab will side Henry.

Grab Singapore - truth be known is the worst of the scums Rides Hailing providers in Sg.

Hangover

Alfrescian
Loyal
Grab Singapore - truth be known is the worst of the scums Rides Hailing providers in Sg.

Grab has a problem with their value system. I drove Uber when I was jobless. I had two friends who drove grab.

Friend 1:
Chee BYE Grab hires ah bengs. Ah Bengs never mind, but xia lan arrogant ah bengs like those in Sim Lim Squares.
It is not uncommon to get complains from unreasonable or shitskin customers, then the Grab Investigation Officers think they are like Police IOs, chao chee bye bastards.

They only side passengers, they chin chye suspend 2 of my friends who are honest hardworking people who still have car lease with Grab. I have a friend who really cry and plead with the chao Grab ah bengs. CURSE THEM TO HELL!! His child was due soon, and he got to pay for his home loan and Grab's lease. In the end, i lent my friend money to tide him through.
(Grab's lease vehicle cannot be used for Uber, unless u pay for another insurance).

Friend 2:
My second friend drove Grab for almost 2 years before he switched to Uber. He analyzed that experienced Grab drivers had a general consensus in their groupchat, that Grab pays them a more attractive fare in their earlier days and a lower fare as they drive more. Grab milks senior drivers for better margins as Grab has no lack of new drivers and they prefer new drivers because they are fresh and more motivated OR new drivers who left Uber and taxi companies (which hurt their competitors).

shiokalingam

Alfrescian
Loyal

should start crowdfunding to raise funds for this black Audi Grab driver.

Henry must be showed the Hardtruths - - ie dont fuck around with Grab drivers rice bowl.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Both driver and passenger also cheebyes. Looks like Darwin theory is working its magic.

The Audi cheapskate driver will now learn to downgrade from Audi to a car that he can afford (e.g. a Kia) without resorting to being a Grab driver. Really a disgrace to all Audi car owners. Did he take a bank loan for his wedding dinner too? lol

On the other hand, the cheebye passenger will now refrain from playing tricks by not canceling and taking a cab instead of Grab when he has a kid with him. On the plus side, he will have better teeth (dentures or implants). His current set of teeth looks like those from an inbred fucker.