• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sinkies Speak Bad English & Bad Chinese. I Agree With Jim Rogers.

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
I will share with you guys that my Mandarin is truly FUCKED up!

I thought I could speak Mandarin and Cantonese and serve the Chinese population in Calgary.

After 3 years I gave up. Constantly ridiculed by the China and Hongkie patients for not knowing words.

Sorry man I don't speak those languages apart from at work. And my vocabulary sucks.

You see in Chinese classes in Sinkieland they love to make us learn all those fucking idioms!!!!! FOR FUCKING WHAT MAN?

Instead of having us learn words to improve vocabulary. We learn all these fucking flowery crap phrases called CHENG YU which is FUCK SAKE NO USE unless you want to be some MING DYNASTY SCHOLAR OR POET!

Anyway fuck the chinese lah! Come to Canada, refuse to learn English expect the Canadians to learn Chinese!
Poor doctor.. Lol :biggrin:
你 OK mah? :biggrin:

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bad as in Sinkies level of vocabulary in the Chinese language SUCKS!

They cannot speak FULLY in Mandarin because they dont know the Chinese words to many daily things not to mention technical jargon in specific fields.

And EVEN if the KNOW the words, they often like to replace the chinese word with the english word if it is easier to say.

So you end up having sentences with BOTH Chinese and English in ONE sentence!

eg

"你想 order 什么? 我在想 popcorn and nachos."

"Later go where eat lunch? Then after lunch, 我们去 NTUC ok. I need to buy tissue paper for office lor"

Even some forumers here do that when writing!

The PRC Chinese don't appreciate that. And they wont understand this mix of different languages in each sentence.

The English speakers will not understand either with the mix of Chinese words.

So you are neither here nor there.

Further more, the GRAMMAR used by sinkies is CHINESE MANDARIN grammar. The sentence structure spoken follows that of a mandarin sentence. Broken grammar.
Excellent point wise doctor. The reason for poor vocabulary is simply because the parents do not also do not speak them in sufficient proficiency. I am sure had the imperial Japanese army remained syonantoes would speak poor Japanese. Such is the realities so don't be too harsh on the poor people huh. :unsure:

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
I will share with you guys that my Mandarin is truly FUCKED up!

I thought I could speak Mandarin and Cantonese and serve the Chinese population in Calgary.

After 3 years I gave up. Constantly ridiculed by the China and Hongkie patients for not knowing words.

Sorry man I don't speak those languages apart from at work. And my vocabulary sucks.

You see in Chinese classes in Sinkieland they love to make us learn all those fucking idioms!!!!! FOR FUCKING WHAT MAN?

Instead of having us learn words to improve vocabulary. We learn all these fucking flowery crap phrases called CHENG YU which is FUCK SAKE NO USE unless you want to be some MING DYNASTY SCHOLAR OR POET!

Anyway fuck the chinese lah! Come to Canada, refuse to learn English expect the Canadians to learn Chinese!
What wrong with chengyu? English also a lot of chengyu. As poor as a church mouse. As hot as a furnace. I use them all the time! Don't you, silly peasant? :mad:

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Excellent point wise doctor. The reason for poor vocabulary is simply because the parents do not also do not speak them in sufficient proficiency. I am sure had the imperial Japanese army remained syonantoes would speak poor Japanese. Such is the realities so don't be too harsh on the poor people huh. :unsure:

You donr understand. You should have a first language. One that you can converse in fully. Speak full sentences in without having to use another language to describe something.

Sinkies have no first language.

My parents didnt speak to me in rubbish mixed up English Chinese.

Neither do I.

Harsh? Yes you need to be otherwise you end up with this English chinese crap.