• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Simple Question on Big Bang

Psalm23

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: I Don't Think DNA Design Can Happen By Chance

virus have intelligence? what's their IQ level like? quit anthropomorphising the virus, we can't even tell if it is dead or alive. mutation is random. scientists find it hard to target and kill viruses because the frequency for mutation is considerably high.

Intelligence doesn't mean exactly the way human's thought is. The 'inherent intelligence' encoded in the virus is it's ability to outsmart scientists that created the drugs that are meant to kill them. Overtime, not only the drugs became useless, the virus become stronger to a point the drug-therapy is useless to contain it.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset

Overtime, not only the drugs became useless, the virus become stronger to a point the drug-therapy is useless to contain it.

oh... me see what you mean. but looking at it from the correct perspective, it is good to note that the mutation of the viral in the virus takes place regardless of its external environment. the virus didn't purposefully undergo that process because mutation is random. drawing that in relation of our genome undergoing meiosis in the sex cells, there are many similarities. no intelligence of the virus to speak of :smile::smile::smile:

fishbuff

Alfrescian
Loyal

These designs can outsmart scientists?

howabout this pic?

552852_366895216681025_200082823362266_909898_742142764_n.jpg

Last edited:

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Atom Has Lots Of Useless Space

98% Junk? How do you know? The fact that only 2% have been discovered to be useful doesn't mean that all the 98% are useless. Science is just simply not advance enough - now - to identify the function of the other 98%.

I am reading you claim with, no a pinch, but a ton of salt - only 2% are useful? OK, granted only 2%, who created those 2% and in absolute number, how many are these? Any biologist will tell you that DNA is a very advanced instructional language.

Stupid fuck this is a well established fact that i am not even bothered arguing with you. how i know? NUS LSM 1301. too bad, you are born too stupid in this life to be even stepping inside the lecture hall of nus

Last edited:

fishbuff

Alfrescian
Loyal

as always, one liner...
never passed your secondary school composition of > 500 words?

where's psalm23 when we need him? at least he put in alot of effort in writing out his bullshit.

545187_363763340327546_200082823362266_901423_1222031705_n.jpg

Last edited:

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset

These designs can outsmart scientists?

that would come under immunology, once the surface protein code of the virus is recognised, that virus may be eradicated. but most of the time, the mutation happens at such high frequency, the doctors have a hard time isolating the right virus.

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal

that would come under immunology, once the surface protein code of the virus is recognised, that virus may be eradicated. but most of the time, the mutation happens at such high frequency, the doctors have a hard time isolating the right virus.

talk about this, if i am not wrong there is a case where AIDS was cured via bone marrow transferred. this was i think published in either science or nature. i know currently after that incident, many are targetting that direction, i expect some good news on it in the next 20 years.

Last edited:

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset

talk about this, if i am not wrong there is a case where AIDS was cured via bone marrow transferred. this was i think published in either science or nature. i know currently after that incident, many are targetting that direction, i expect some good news on it in the next 20 years.

this incident was brought up previously, bro
the receipient was not exactly cured, as the HIV is still virulent and he is still a carrier. the bone marrow transplant merely helped rein in the spread of the virus as the new T4 cells produced by the new bone marrow doesn't have the "landing site" for the virus. his immune system is recognisably better compared to his conditions prior transplantation.

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal

from what i recalled, HIV virus was not in him anymore, he was no longer a carrier. i go check again, as you are a biologist, i trust you more on this matter. LOL

Last edited:

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset

from what i recalled, HIV virus was not in him anymore, he was no longer a carrier. i go check again, as you are a biologist, i trust you more on this matter. LOL

you could be actually right, the man received the transplant in 07, that was when me first read it, apparently me had not been following up on this, my bad :(:(:(
but only one successful case reported so far? and couple that with the probability of matching a suitable donor to a receipient... odds are stacked :o:o:o

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal

you could be actually right, the man received the transplant in 07, that was when me first read it, apparently me had not been following up on this, my bad :(:(:(
but only one successful case reported so far? and couple that with the probability of matching a suitable donor to a receipient... odds are stacked :o:o:o

the percentage i think varies with countries,

"Probability of finding HLA-matched unrelated marrow donors for Koreans and Japanese from the Korean and Japan Marrow Donor Programs"

Donor Program (KMDP) with 10,244 and the Japan Marrow Donor Program (JMDP) with 53,411 HLA-A, -B, -DR typed donors. The records of a total of 184 actual Korean patients and 1,302 simulated Japanese patients were searched and A, B, DR-matched donors were found for 28% of Korean and 76% of Japanese patients from the KMDP and JMDP pools, respectively. Of those patients who could not find matched donors in the registry of their own country, 30% of Koreans could find matched donors in the JMDP and 10% of Japanese in the KMDP pools. It can be concluded that future international collaboration between Korea and Japan would be very effective for unrelated bone marrow transplantations.

lets use korean data for sake of analysis. 30 percent you will find a match, and its believe those that developed immunity in HIV are those that descents from 1% of those that survived in the black plague.

so probability of that happening (lets ignore geographical reason and nationality) = 0.3 x 0.01 x100 = 0.3 % <--this is near impossible

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal

as always, one liner...
never passed your secondary school composition of > 500 words?

where's psalm23 when we need him? at least he put in alot of effort in writing out his bullshit.

View attachment 4711

My one liners are succinct and sufficient to nail your arguments bro. Thats why you are stuck and cared of them.

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal

like a virus, immobile on its own, unable to self replicate, no biochemical reactions possible. once in a host, the virus is capable of transforming itself, start replicating and being mobile. is it dead or alive? :smile::smile::smile:

having a second read, the notion of using a PC as an analogy isn't quite sound, likewise for any other man made objects. these objects are intricate in design but they aren't alive and certainly ain't self replicating. in essence, they are simply man made, what gives even when they had the most complex designs? these objects ain't a living organism.

But, when the condition is not right for them, they kind of like dead (more like inactive or sleep mode) until the next right condition comes by to give them another head start to gather substances and reproduce themselves.

But, animals and complex form cannot be so-called refrigerated and make alive again to reproduce. If they are dead, they are really dead. They aren't like bacteria, I think viruses kind of dies off as there probably depending on their sheer size of number for survival.

I heard that TB had disappeared from Sinkiesland but appeared recently because of human migration.

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Space Is Nothing Or Something ?

[video=youtube;pFpUSdkEr7A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFpUSdkEr7A[/video]

Stephen Hawking blurted, "The universe was spontaneously created out of absolutely nothing."

Remember, the key word was ABSOLUTE. Absolute means pure or perfect or 100%. So, what made him so sure it was absolute. Funny, it coincide with what I have always believed. I do agree that all matters may have come from such an event like a so-called Big Bang. No problem with that.

So, the space or whether there was even a space and time to begin with ... let it be an empty space for the sake of a simple understanding here. So, there's a complete (100%) NOTHING ? So, I believe it must be really dark and cold at this point.

And then, why suddenly there is now SOMETHING like a hot bubble ? Wow ! Wait, have we miss out something here ? SO, NOTHING is actually SOMETHING. Nice try. This is beginning to sound silly like Buddhism. :rolleyes:

Until today, the Big Bang is still a nonsensical theory for those who wanna disown God as their creator because they thought they were smarter than Him. But, yet ... as fools, they did become.

BUT, can anything or nothing that have a Big Bang without God in the picture ? It's a tall tale !

Let's see what others may want to add :
:biggrin:

Let me get this straight--the unbelivers believe the unbelievable--and based on this deep thought they conclude that Christians are delusional? Wow!!!

My new answer. Nothing. Nothing. What created the Universe? Nothing? How did the Universe begin? Nothing. What abou-- NOTHING!!!!

Does evolution begin on big bang level? According to Theory of Probability (look wiki pedia - the infinite monkey theorem ) it was impossible to create Intellect Existence by the chance during as short time as 14 billions years after big bang So, there are two opportunities 1 If big bang is true theory then must be an intellectual beginning inside it 2 If big bang is not true then according to Probability Universe has chance not zero but nearly zero to creat Intellect Existence

Evidence? was anyone there? how do they know? scientists have a hard time getting things that happened last week right seriously. . . . I have talked to alot of people (in person, from colleges, universities etc) and have never been presented with a good argument for the Big bang, and by good I mean scientific, testable repeatable etc.
It seems to me that the Big band is not so much as a scientific theory as much as it is a HUGE leap of blind faith.

All I need to add is : if you ever have a new car with a cold engine and If you sit down there for years by looking at it, that car will still be a quiet car that will go nowhere. SOMEone has to give it a kickstart like ... getting a battery pack and an electrical cable ? A key perhaps ?

God is in a form of energy - a moving energy with intelligence. Really, I mean really. Someone has to jump start NOTHING.
:rolleyes: