• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Recommendations on handguns

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Which is to say that if an enemy were to advance on you, they have to be exposed. Whether they are walking down a trail, driving in a convoy, etc. they are exposed. And enemy hiding behind something and not exposing themselves is an enemy that is not advancing on you. which in many cases, is fine with the SAF.

Thank you for your input and thank you for validating my stand.

And before I forget, if the SAF truly want to test the shooters, do re-do the grass patches at the targets down range regularly- those botak patches where the target stands is a dead give-away on where to aim.
For the new format of combat shoot, randomise the position of the targets coming up, and keep the exposure to 2 secs or less.

Last edited:

ToaPehGong

Alfrescian
Loyal
I only know hand gun
Masturbate.gif

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
More fucked logic from you, eatshit? When you are a smaller, less equipped fighting force with no air force, and armour, of course u have to use guerilla tactics like IEDs. That is why the coalition casualties are mostly caused by this. U really expect the Taliban/ISIS etc to engage US and Coalition forces in a straight up firefight with small arms? They are not that crazy to engage the US like this. On the other hand, you should aak what is the percentage of Taliban/ISIS casualties caused by small arms fire. I would say that would be a lot higher, probably over 50%. In urban fighting, the US will not use IEDs or booby trap explosive devices, nor will they normally use artillery or air power for fear of collateral civilian damage. So, they have to go door to door with small arms, hence casualties they inflict on the enemy would likely be small arms. Even in non urban fighting when the US employs arty and airpower, they still use infantry and small arms to engage their enemy. Only an idiot thinks small arms is overrated.
that’s why in today’s land battles and wars there are no real winners. a ragtag force with asymmetric warfare and low tech arms can drag a high tech army out for years through attrition. heck, they can even cause 2 superpowers to fight wars lasting over a decade and still have to pull out in the end. small arms alone will not change the equation for the mujahideen and now taliban. when they were equipped with u.s supplied stingers to thwart soviets and russian supplied rpgs to thwart americans respectively the equation changed. got it? same thing can happen in jungles and undulating terrain in south east asia for saf. don’t need conventional army to bog down saf. just the rebels in mindanao will do. btw for your info, taliban and isis kia are mainly by helicopter gunships (including apache strikes) and airstrikes (including drone strikes) if american forces are involved. even with kurds fighting against isis on the ground in street firefights without american chopper and air cover they would not have achieved the upper hand.

Last edited:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The fucktard claims to bring his Colt Python .44 Magnum with the scope on it to the gun range in Canada. 25 yards is too close a distance for him lah. If he needs a scope at 25 yards, he might as well get a shotgun
this is where you know nothing about revolvers. even at 25 yards revolvers are not consistently accurate. don’t expect a revolver user to shoot within and beyond 25 yards accurately in a life and death shootout. the scope helps the firer to aim better with both hands gripping the revolver. without scope it may be lucky for seasoned firer to score all 6 hits on black circle of target at 25 yards. with scope a seasoned firer can easily score all hits in and around bullseye. shotgun is too cumbersome for doc to carry around and or keep safe at home if he has kids. for home security from breakins all he needs is a small handgun that can be locked in a drawer by the nightstand. for empty nesters or lone hermits or single women sawed off shotgun will be useful for point blank shootouts in close quarters especially during lights out.

Last edited:

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
So have you decided? Mid-size or compact? Or I recommend you one lagi better. Minigun:thumbsup:. I guarantee you will not miss your target.:biggrin:

My non restricted arms (long guns) course is tomorrow.

Restricted (handguns) course is next sunday.

Buying a gun in canada requires a licence. And one needs to take the course before they can apply for a licence. So it takes a while.

Step by step for me.

I will probably try shooting different models at the range before deciding.

But I think likely I will go with the glock.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
My non restricted arms (long guns) course is tomorrow.

Restricted (handguns) course is next sunday.

Buying a gun in canada requires a licence. And one needs to take the course before they can apply for a licence. So it takes a while.

Step by step for me.

I will probably try shooting different models at the range before deciding.

But I think likely I will go with the glock.
That's good. In the time I have shot Glocks (only at paper targets at the range, not at people or animals), I have never been disappointed with them. Which one you think you'll be getting?

And yes, I would think the entire process would take a while. And when you have purchased your Glock, please share photos. The only guns we have here are plastic water pistols and super-soakers, so it would be a treat to eyeball your piece. Will it be your EDC (Every Day Carry) or kept in your gun safe at home?

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
That's good. In the time I have shot Glocks (only at paper targets at the range, not at people or animals), I have never been disappointed with them. Which one you think you'll be getting?

And yes, I would think the entire process would take a while. And when you have purchased your Glock, please share photos. The only guns we have here are plastic water pistols and super-soakers, so it would be a treat to eyeball your piece. Will it be your EDC (Every Day Carry) or kept in your gun safe at home?

My wife is dead against me buying a gun though. :(

But I guess for good reason. We do have children at home.

Nevertheless it is an experience to take the course and get the licence. And having the licence to own a firearm means I could explore that when my wife says ok.

I can post photos of the guns i have fired at the range? You dont need a gun licence to go to the range. But I just thought it might be fun to do the course.

I will share my experience at the course tomorrow. I wonder what it is like. They say there are lectures and practical.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
My course is from 9am to 6pm tomorrow. The calgary shooting centre closes at 9pm.

So I might go to the range to shoot after the course? Will see how things go.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset

Nevertheless it is an experience to take the course and get the licence. And having the licence to own a firearm means I could explore that when my wife says ok.

I can post photos of the guns i have fired at the range? You dont need a gun licence to go to the range. But I just thought it might be fun to do the course.

I will share my experience at the course tomorrow. I wonder what it is like. They say there are lectures and practical.
Happy wife = happy life. So, you'll need to convince her I guess. And with children in the house, you'll really need to secure the gun. A good gun safe that's quick to open when needed. If the bad guys have firearms, then home-owners ought to have them too. It's good to possess a firearms licence since you can do so there. I don't think it is expensive. Photos of guns you have shot would be nice! :biggrin:

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Happy wife = happy life. So, you'll need to convince her I guess. And with children in the house, you'll really need to secure the gun. A good gun safe that's quick to open when needed. If the bad guys have firearms, then home-owners ought to have them too. It's good to possess a firearms licence since you can do so there. I don't think it is expensive. Photos of guns you have shot would be nice! :biggrin:

photos of the target sheets would be nice too :coffee::coffee::coffee:

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Thank you for your input and thank you for validating my stand.

And before I forget, if the SAF truly want to test the shooters, do re-do the grass patches at the targets down range regularly- those botak patches where the target stands is a dead give-away on where to aim.
For the new format of combat shoot, randomise the position of the targets coming up, and keep the exposure to 2 secs or less.

SAF does not want to truly test their soldiers in shooting lah. Otherwise, they will conduct 90% urban/FIBUA life fire exercise, and 10% jungle warfare training. Problem with live fire in FIBUA village is there is a bigger chance of casualties. Like ricochets, Accidental discharges, etc. Everyone rushing into the building with their fingers on the trigger and live ammo is not a formula for safety.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
SAF does not want to truly test their soldiers in shooting lah. Otherwise, they will conduct 90% urban/FIBUA life fire exercise, and 10% jungle warfare training. Problem with live fire in FIBUA village is there is a bigger chance of casualties. Like ricochets, Accidental discharges, etc. Everyone rushing into the building with their fingers on the trigger and live ammo is not a formula for safety.
SAF is bullshit army lah. Everyone knows that.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

Trigger lock is good enough, since the moron wants to buy handgun, hence the recommendation request on this thread. Gun safe for long guns is better. With a trigger lock, he can keep it by his bedside for easy access. Just hang the key around his gonads for safekeeping is good enough.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Trigger lock is good enough, since the moron wants to buy handgun, hence the recommendation request on this thread. Gun safe for long guns is better. With a trigger lock, he can keep it by his bedside for easy access. Just hang the key around his gonads for safekeeping is good enough.
Yes I thought of a trigger lock too. But if the entire gun is not stowed away securely, kids could still find it, play with it (although it won't discharge), stuff things into the barrel, or misplace it. And speaking of trigger locks, it seems they now have finger print id locks.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Yes I thought of a trigger lock too. But if the entire gun is not stowed away securely, kids could still find it, play with it (although it won't discharge), stuff things into the barrel, or misplace it. And speaking of trigger locks, it seems they now have finger print id locks.

RFID scanners and biometric scanners have been on the market for a few years now. U can buy a smart gun with a scanner that will read your fingerprint and allow the weapon to be activated. But to my knowledge, it cannot be build into revolvers. In any case, scanners as in anything electronic can fail. The question is do you trust a gun that is 99% reliable or 100% reliable?

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
RFID scanners and biometric scanners have been on the market for a few years now. U can buy a smart gun with a scanner that will read your fingerprint and allow the weapon to be activated. But to my knowledge, it cannot be build into revolvers. In any case, scanners as in anything electronic can fail. The question is do you trust a gun that is 99% reliable or 100% reliable?
Yes, 100% mechanical for me please! Except for red dot or cross hair optics! I think those are better than iron sights.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Yes, 100% mechanical for me please! Except for red dot or cross hair optics! I think those are better than iron sights.

That is the exact reason why no one will buy these smart guns. For handgun, laser sight is ok. Although they are battery operated and can fail, you still have the original iron sights on the gun as backup. And in practice, those laser sights are very reliable.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Maybe u just implement the basic saf armskote rules. Keep ammo, mag and piece separate under lock. Quick access maybe out but at least kid safe. Don’t clean or practice in front of your kids.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There are many ways a crowd of civilians can separate the infantry from a tank, and then disable or destroy the tank. A piece of lumber between the road wheels will throw the tracks. Molotov cocktails thrown on the tank from above may not burn the tank's interior, but for sure it will damage or destroy the tank's optics, sights, driver's periscopes, etc. U can blind a tank that way and force the commander to open his hatch to guide the tank., where it will make it more vulnerable. Protesters can dig a ditch, camo it, and lure the tank into it. These are just several of the many ways to disable a tank in an urban setting like HKG. Which is once again why I say the PRC will not roll tanks in.
I also can have solutions for you think protesters can do. The most important problem for hk rioters is no access to firearms. Unless they can get their hands on a few tonnes of fertilizers, IED also beyond them. It will be an unequal fight they have no chance in hell to succeed. Is CIA going to smuggle a cache of weapons to them?
Optics were designed to survive a real battlefield, if can easily damage by a few Molotov cocktails, then the manufacturer shd be shot.