• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

From EDMW: Young Guy kanna stroke, abandon by wife, don't see kid much, earn $500 per month

Sustanon

Alfrescian
Loyal

'Doctors said I need a miracle to recover': Man, 32, lives in nursing home after stroke 4 years ago​

Strokes are typically associated with older people, but Lee Guo Rong suffered a life-threatening stroke when he was just 28.

"I was playing computer games at home when I had a really bad headache and began drooling," Lee, now 32, told AsiaOne on Monday (Jan 8) at Singapore Cheshire Home — a nursing home for the severely disabled where he has been living for the past three years.

"I told my friends that I didn't want to play with them anymore, then I turned off my computer and blacked out," he shared.

When Lee regained consciousness three days later, doctors in intensive care told him he had a "mini stroke" a temporary disruption in blood supply to the brain, known as a transient ischaemic attack.

The news came to a complete shock to Lee, who had no health issues before this brain injury.

After a few months in hospital, Lee was told that he might never regain full function of one side of his body.

"I thought strokes only happened to old people, and I'm so young," he said. "The doctor didn't even know the reason behind why I had it. My family doesn't have it.

"The doctors said I need a miracle to recover."

A few weeks later, Lee was dealt another blow his wife filed for a divorce.

There were cracks in their marriage before then, Lee said.

But he added that his stroke was the final blow.

"There were already some issues between my wife and I," he said. "After I had the stroke, she asked for a divorce.

"I looked at myself. I couldn't take care of my two-year-old daughter, so I gave up."

Moved to nursing home with less than $1,000 in bank account​

Newly-divorced and left without a job, Lee initially lived in a rental condominium after his discharge from hospital.

But with the rent at $2,750 a month, the temporary accommodation, which was also not disability-friendly, was not a long-term solution for him.

Lee said that he tried renting in HDB flats, but several landlords had rejected him after finding out about his disability.

With less than $1,000 in his bank account, Lee moved into Singapore Cheshire Home in Serangoon in May 2021, where he is paying a heavily subsidised rate of $10 a month.

But Lee said that living alone in the nursing home during the Covid-19 pandemic, while adjusting to his disability, made him fall into depression.

"I can't move the left half of my body. I can't even button up my shirt," he said. "I felt very useless."

"Apart from the physiotherapy sessions, there's nothing much I can do to get me out of depression," Lee said, though he no longer relies on medication to "help him sleep".

He is now able to walk a few metres with a walking aid, but going unaccompanied to the nearest convenience store a 10-minute walk away from Singapore Cheshire Home is still a far stretch.

"Living here is definitely cheaper than in rental property," Lee said. "But I miss being able to walk and buy my own food."

Speaking to AsiaOne, Lee shared enthusiastically about the delicious meals his friends and ex-boss would bring for him during their visits.

But his smile faded as he revealed how he has only seen his daughter twice in the past three years.

"They're living in Bedok. It's very far for them to visit me," he said. "She doesn't really talk to me."

20241101_stroke.jpg

Singapore Cheshire Home resident Lee Guo Rong undergoes regular therapy sessions to help him regain some mobility in his legs.
PHOTO: Singapore Cheshire Home
Before the stroke, Lee was earning around $4,000 as an assistant manager of a company distributing oral care and health products.

Lee said that he now works as a call agent for a transport company for $500 a month.

The loss in earnings after his stroke aside, Lee appreciates that his current job allows him to "work from home", in the nursing home.

"I'm lucky to be alive," he said, adding that he hopes to save enough money to rent a HDB flat after leaving the home.

Signs and symptoms of a stroke​

Three in four strokes happen to Singaporeans over the age of 60, according to the Health Promotion Board (HPB), but it can happen at any age.

HPB recommends this simple test to spot the warning signs using the acronym, FAST.

• Face - Is the person's smile uneven?
  • Arms - Can they raise both arms and keep them up?
  • Speech - Is their speech slurred or unclear?
  • Time to call 995 if you see any of these signs.
Other stroke symptoms include a sudden loss of vision, weakness in one or both sides of the body, and difficulty with swallowing, according to Health Hub.

Sustanon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Isn't it obvious what happened to this guy??? Seems like in EDMW, you can say anything that could be the cause EXCEPT for that garbage zham. Now that this kind of thing happened to this poor chap, family broken, wife soon will be sucking another deek and kena piak by another deek while you cannot even jerk off yourself in this state, body become like that.... can considered life fucking gone liao..... so who is responsible??? Shopping mall, dining out and traveling more important sibo??? Life now worse than dog and cry until no tears... who da fuck is going to pity you??? Add more fuel to the fire... later the wife send her piaking video to him lol.....

Like I say many years before this garbage zham even came out and still stand by what I said until today. You will be much better off at the beach doing nothing..... BBQ, smoking and drinking and still came out much better than most fucking idiots............... Pak Ji Ki Lan Jiao Hookay..... yesh PJKLJ.....

Whatever something like this happened, being posted on EDMW, you can see this prostitude son fucking useful idiot @mikeDirnt78 come out and post his mother's CB fucking story with nefarious intentions to divert the attention away......

COQqlzY.png

Last edited:

Pinkieslut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Who cares, just another low SES Jiakliaobees.

I am more interested in what his wife look like, is she fuckable.

Sustanon

Alfrescian
Loyal
So sad, time to crowdfund again. :rolleyes:
Tiagong this guy before kena stroke ish sibei guailan one.... most likely ish that kind pak and pak and pak until gao gao one and still parroting the useless propaganda and discriminate the unvax one lor....

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Newly-divorced and left without a job, Lee initially lived in a rental condominium after his discharge from hospital.

But with the rent at $2,750 a month, the temporary accommodation, which was also not disability-friendly, was not a long-term solution for him.

Before the stroke, Lee was earning around $4,000 as an assistant manager of a company distributing oral care and health products.

He was only earning $4,000 per month before his stroke, and he was paying $2,750 to rent a condo? Lol... umm... this shows that even if one is poor, as long as u are stupid enough, anything is possible.

Sustanon

Alfrescian
Loyal
He was only earning $4,000 per month before his stroke, and he was paying $2,750 to rent a condo? Lol... umm... this shows that even if one is poor, as long as u are stupid enough, anything is possible.
If one is smart, will the person go for the garbage zham voluntarily not just 1 but countless times (160 reported grassroot leader 7 times lol....) and still parroting the propaganda???

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A married man playing computer games ? If I'm the wife I also divorce him. There's certain stages in life where we will have to give up something.

Last edited:

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
He would have better off being dead for himself and his family. Now he is nothing but a burden to himself, his family and society...

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think he rented the condo was after his stroke and after the divorce.
Becos he cannot find a hdb that wanted to let him rent. Means he rented it at $2,750, without an income.
Why he can't stay at the house where he used to stay with the daughter in bedok?
Where are his parents?

But with the rent at $2,750 a month, the temporary accommodation, which was also not disability-friendly, was not a long-term solution for him

cocobobo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Isn't it obvious what happened to this guy??? Seems like in EDMW, you can say anything that could be the cause EXCEPT for that garbage zham. Now that this kind of thing happened to this poor chap, family broken, wife soon will be sucking another deek and kena piak by another deek while you cannot even jerk off yourself in this state, body become like that.... can considered life fucking gone liao..... so who is responsible??? Shopping mall, dining out and traveling more important sibo??? Life now worse than dog and cry until no tears... who da fuck is going to pity you??? Add more fuel to the fire... later the wife send her piaking video to him lol.....

Like I say many years before this garbage zham even came out and still stand by what I said until today. You will be much better off at the beach doing nothing..... BBQ, smoking and drinking and still came out much better than most fucking idiots............... Pak Ji Ki Lan Jiao Hookay..... yesh PJKLJ.....

Whatever something like this happened, being posted on EDMW, you can see this prostitude son fucking useful idiot @mikeDirnt78 come out and post his mother's CB fucking story with nefarious intentions to divert the attention away......

COQqlzY.png
Wat u talking?

He kanna stroke 4 years ago.

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He's lucky he only kenna stroke unlike this Taiwan Kia. Fucker played computer game non-stop for 23 hours until kee-chia on chair. Die liao still maintained game-playing posture. 真是敬业乐业。

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
Game boy and workaholics are all at risk of this as they tend to stick at same position for very long hours

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Tiagong this guy before kena stroke ish sibei guailan one.... most likely ish that kind pak and pak and pak until gao gao one and still parroting the useless propaganda and discriminate the unvax one lor....
He has a guai-lan face. The stroke could be karma at work.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He's lucky he only kenna stroke unlike this Taiwan Kia. Fucker played computer game non-stop for 23 hours until kee-chia on chair. Die liao still maintained game-playing posture. 真是敬业乐业。

He died doing what he loved. Similar to a thrill seeker angmoh who goes skydiving but his parachute fails to open.