• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Quan Yifeng and cab driver: Who is right?

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal
She has won.....the rating went up....the talk of the town and many papers has her story as well. Which other mediacock celebitchy got so much media-coverage now ? Huh ? Remember the great man from chinaland. black cat white cat never mind, can catch rat is good cat. Same here, good news bad news never mind, as long as got her news can O-lady.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Though I think that this lady is at fault, I do agree with your observation. I have seen taxi drivers stand or sit in their cab even when the passenger is quite frail and has baggage to load.

The other thing that puzzles me is tha taxi drivers turning up at Changi Airport with their boot half full with pail, their gear and god knows what.

In the many countries I have been to, taxi drivers actually do help to load or unload the luggage. I noticed that it is pretty much common sense and done on a needs basis.

Most taxi drivers are scums.

Every time I go overseas, most local taxi-drivers do not bother to help you to load & unload luggage. Other countries taxi-drivers are better in this aspect.

Tennis elbow my foot! Stupid excuse fm the cab driver.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ok, if someone was going to be patient, what then will happen? The taxi driver because you showed patience is then suddenly switched on to "help" mode. These are really silly comments.

Taxi operators Smart Cab and Prime Taxi say they advise their drivers to be patient with customers to minimise conflict.

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
In the many countries I have been to, taxi drivers actually do help to load or unload the luggage. I noticed that it is pretty much common sense and done on a needs basis.

Different price different service .Singapore taxis are exploited like any other slave driver forms of economy . Just be glad it's still cheap and affordable .

Why do people like to compare . Like compare women different here and there .

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I noticed that it is pretty much common sense and done on a needs basis.

When I'm with travelling luggages or bulky shopping items, the taxi driver usually come out to help, at least to help ensure that it fit into the trunk properly and the trunk is then securely closed. And I mean in Singapore. Of there're times when the driver just click the trunk open and I'd have to manage the rest myself. There're also times that I'd wave the driver who's halfway out of his seat that it's OK, thanks, but I could manage.

Yes, it's all play by ears and commonsense. And it's also commonsense that Quan Yifeng has an able-bodied male companion, isn't it? Why should the driver bother when her companion is idling ungentlemanly? Another possibility is that the driver recognises Quan and doesn't like her to begin with; just wants to get the journey over and done with, nothing more, nothing less, whereas Quan was expecting value-added celebrity service.

jw5

Loyal
Though I think that this lady is at fault, I do agree with your observation. I have seen taxi drivers stand or sit in their cab even when the passenger is quite frail and has baggage to load.

The other thing that puzzles me is tha taxi drivers turning up at Changi Airport with their boot half full with pail, their gear and god knows what.

Her male assistant was sitting in the front seat.
He could have helped with the luggage.

M

Mdm Tang

>

Dear Brothers ,

The "male assistant / companion / friend / or whatever "

holds the Key to solve this assault/theft/vandalism case .

Just grill the bastard/yaya papaya for 18 hours straights

in a cold room and He will tells the whole shit story of

what really happen . Just nail that son of a gun who is good

for nothing or at least he thought his boh chap attitude will

save him ...

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
The person to be nailed is the taxi driver

>

Dear Brothers ,

The "male assistant / companion / friend / or whatever "

holds the Key to solve this assault/theft/vandalism case .

Just grill the bastard/yaya papaya for 18 hours straights

in a cold room and He will tells the whole shit story of

what really happen . Just nail that son of a gun who is good

for nothing or at least he thought his boh chap attitude will

save him ...

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
She can't run from this case. The damage is extensive. She has to prove that a hurricane entered the cab.

There is no law for bad manners or lack of courtesy. LTA also does not require taxi drivers to assist passengers with anything. So there is nothing one can do to the taxi driver and neither does he need to prove that he failed to do anything. That leaves her holding the can.

Not many people are aware that taxi drivers have reps sitting in every CCC since the days PAP came to power. For years, one PAP MP would be the designated rep for the taxi drivers association. That is how NTUC got into the cab business.

This lady is screwed. Its a question of fine or going to jail. Her best chance is to offer substantial compensation.

She will get away scot free yet again . There is simply too many of such cases .

Plus it's a small case .

wahlaneh

Alfrescian
Loyal
wahlaneh...
whenever there's a fight nobody is right.
the one who strikes 1st is wrong and the one who strikes back is also wrong.
"Let him who is without sin cast the first stone."