• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Putting retirement savings in equities pays off in long run

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
dont be stupid,do u know how huge index funds have become?vanguard the first index fund tracking the snp 500 for the first time started in 1974 with less than 3 billion under management.....in the 90s index funds have grown to nearly 500 billion,today equity index funds is estimated to be around 4 to 5 trillion dollars of the market,nearly 35 percent of private or institutional investors equity are now in index funds.......the stats and evidence have swung overwhelmingly in favour of index investing versus active management.

Which vanguard index fund do you recommend if I now want to set up a monthly investment of $100 for next 20 years?

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Manage your own money ...vanguard provides a good range of etfs for you to setup a portfolio that is well diversified.

Forget about timing the market. Go safe ...five etfs and you can sleep well, giving you long term returns of 7 pct.

Which five etfs do you recommend for $100 monthly investment for next 20 years?

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Which vanguard index fund do you recommend if I now want to set up a monthly investment of $100 for next 20 years?

No recommendation? I am seriously thinking to terminate my ILP insurance policy for this to get 7% annual return.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

just received a letter from croesus retail trust informing me of a scheduled distribution of $0.035 cents a share for fy june 2015 to dec 2015,current share price is $0.80 so its about 8 or 9 percent per year.....only got about 4000 shares so my payout is $168.still better than leaving that $3200 in bank account collecting peanuts,why not make ur money work hard for you......croesus retail trust is a nice little singapore company that owns shopping malls in japan,currency risks are hedged....can read about it here.....

http://singaporeanstocksinvestor.blogspot.sg/2013/11/croesus-retail-trust-initiated-long.html

Last edited:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
just received a letter from croesus retail trust informing me of a scheduled distribution of $0.035 cents a share for fy june 2015 to dec 2015,current share price is $0.80 so its about 8 or 9 percent per year.....only got about 4000 shares so my payout is $168.still better than leaving that $3200 in bank account collecting peanuts,why not make ur money work hard for you......croesus retail trust is a nice little singapore company that owns shopping malls in japan,currency risks are hedged....can read about it here.....

http://singaporeanstocksinvestor.blogspot.sg/2013/11/croesus-retail-trust-initiated-long.html

No vanguard brand name? I only go for branded investment.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

there is huge risk in buying 80 cents share, you dun know when which sharky syndicate will come one day and makan you thru manipulation. in US market, there is a belief among traders that it's better to buy $30 and above share rather then doing the penny.

dancingshoes

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi guys, i am back!

from the other forum, i learnt that once many years ago there was a forummer who convinced many to buy a penny stock, it was rising until one day, it burst and many brothers lost money in it. i think this forummer made good with his info. tip to buy the share.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
there is huge risk in buying 80 cents share, you dun know when which sharky syndicate will come one day and makan you thru manipulation. in US market, there is a belief among traders that it's better to buy $30 and above share rather then doing the penny.

problem is most sg companies are either penny shares or a few dollars at most....a few hundred million market cap to a few billion,the three big banks maybe twenty or thirty billion thats it,but the good thing is most sg blue chips tend to be pretty solid,dependable businesses and reliable income and their business models are pretty predictable.lots of nice gems to be found in sg markets,they dont promise anything spectacular but u can expect steady reliable income,like vicom,vehicle inspection company in singapore,or this croesus retail reit,small 500 million dollar company,solid balance sheet,NAV close to share price,nice dividend output,well hedged business,owns a few shopping malls in japan,they seems to know what they are doing in japan.i just want to generate some nice steady income,my other sg holdings currently are ocbc and singtel and m1.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
problem is most sg companies are either penny shares or a few dollars at most....a few hundred million market cap to a few billion,the three big banks maybe twenty or thirty billion thats it,but the good thing is most sg blue chips tend to be pretty solid,dependable businesses and reliable income and their business models are pretty predictable.lots of nice gems to be found in sg markets,they dont promise anything spectacular but u can expect steady reliable income,like vicom,vehicle inspection company in singapore,or this croesus retail reit,small 500 million dollar company,solid balance sheet,NAV close to share price,nice dividend output,well hedged business,owns a few shopping malls in japan,they seems to know what they are doing in japan.i just want to generate some nice steady income,my other sg holdings currently are ocbc and singtel and m1.

Mine is in my business, rental properties, dividends from REITs and PAP blue chips and CPF.