• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Proven reading is high ses activity

musashi

Alfrescian
Loyal
If a woman die a Bergin, the GUI also automatically becomes Bergin is it? :biggrin:
I believe virginity affects the body only, whereas it is lust (and other sins, mainly greed and vanity) that affects the soul only.
redface-gif.40438

And unless I'm very mistaken, at the point of death, whatever has happened to our bodies and whatever actions our bodies have done do not matter anymore, simply because the only thing that matters is whether or not our souls/spirits have tried our very best to repent!
redface-gif.40438

Last edited:

musashi

Alfrescian
Loyal

musashi

Alfrescian
Loyal
You mai kei kei hokay. You write perfect England one hokay. :smile:
My English is obviously not perfect; it's probably just above average, but certainly not among the best in Singapore, especially since I scored only A2 for my O-Level English (while many of my classmates scored A1) and, believe it or not, I don't even have a basic University degree.
redface-gif.40438

Also, my spoken English in real life is significantly worse than my written English.
redface-gif.40438

Last edited:

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
My English is obviously not perfect; it's probably just above average, but certainly not among the best in Singapore, especially since I scored only A2 for my O-Level English (while many of my classmates scored A1) and believe it or not, I don't even have a basic University degree.
redface-gif.40438

Also, my spoken English in real life is significantly worse than my written English.
redface-gif.40438
Life is not about that piece of toilet paper certificate that @ginfreely loves to parade her A1 crap.

It's about 涵养 which you have lots but some foul mouth woman here obviously lacks...:smile:

musashi

Alfrescian
Loyal
@musashi ... Can tell us what book you are currently reading? :smile:
I'm afraid I'm not currently reading any book.
redface-gif.40438

But in my humble opinion, it is listening that is much more important than reading, in order to improve one's proficiency in any language.

So if you (or anyone else) honestly think my English is really good, it's probably because since I was born, my parents spoke to me in English (or at least some form of Singlish) nearly all the time (which is also why my Chinese/Mandarin is much worse than my English); and during my teenage years (in the second half of the 1990s), because I used to be a fan (
redface-gif.40438
) of:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manchester_United_F.C.
I used to listen nearly everyday to the:
singaporeradio.net/radio-station/bbc-world-service-singapore-889-fm.html
initially focusing on "Sports Roundup":
bbc.co.uk/worldservice/programmes/sports_round.shtml
but as I grew older, I became more interested in other BBC radio programmes and, eventually, British films (mostly from the 20th century), such as:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Howards_End_(film)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Remains_of_the_Day_(film)
starring one of my favourite British actors:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthony_Hopkins

Also, my favourite British TV drama is the six-episode adaptation of:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pride_and_Prejudice_(1995_TV_series)
which I used to watch at least two or three times from the late 1990s until the first few years of this century after my father bought the video tape.

But since my mid-20s (over ten years ago), I've not been reading as many English books and watching as many English movies/TV shows as I used to before my mid-20s, simply because I have finally concluded that Japanese culture is the best (even though it's obviously still far from perfect) in the world!
bow-gif.40441

Last edited:

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
redface-gif.40438

But in my humble opinion, it is listening that is much more important than reading, in order to improve one's proficiency in any language.

So if you (or anyone else) honestly think my English is really good, it's probably because since I was born, my parents spoke to me in English (or at least some form of Singlish) nearly all the time (which is also why my Chinese/Mandarin is much worse than my English); and during my teenage years (in the second half of the 1990s), because I used to be a fan (
redface-gif.40438
) of:
but as I grew older, I became more interested in other BBC radio programmes and, eventually, British films (mostly from the 20th century), such as:

which I used to watch at least two or three times during the 1990s after my father bought the video tape.

But since my mid-20s (over ten years ago), I've not been reading as many English books and watching as many English movies/TV shows as I used to before my mid-20s, simply because I have finally concluded that Japanese culture is the best (even though it's obviously still far from perfect) in the world!
bow-gif.40441

Too humble riao rah. Nabey! I kick your backside then you know ah! Lol :biggrin:

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
Another book for @ginfreely :biggrin:

41PYLkItOmL._AC_SY400_FMwebp_.jpg

Maddie, when asked by her husband to remove her bikini top on a British beach is at first shocked. Baring her breasts in public was not on her life to do list but wanting to please her husband she dared to bare. Little did Nate realise he was unleashing a side of his wife he never imagined she had. Having enjoyed the experience she drags her husband sometimes reluctantly into the world of exhibitionism and beyond.

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
redface-gif.40438

redface-gif.40438
) of:

which I used to watch at least two or three times during the 1990s after my father bought the video tape.

bow-gif.40441
Absolutely agree . If you would rank listening over reading , i ‘ll give listening skills a 10 to 1 over reading skills.

But not many have acquired good listening skills because we are usually quick to judge, quick to speak and quick to anger.