• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Proven reading is high ses activity

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Done by real rich not nouveau riche.

The Reading Habits of 10 Millionaires and Billionaires

The correlation between reading and wealth is well established. Whether you’re a hedge fund manager or a YouTube celebrity, books can help you to reach higher and stay at the top longer. Let’s look at the reading habits of 10 millionaires and billionaires.

1. M.J. Demarco is a self-made millionaire and author of the book: The Millionaire Fastlane. In that book he talks about the importance of reading and suggests that a book a week is a good target to set. He also hosts a recommended bookshelf on his website.
  2. The motivational speaker Zig Ziglar claimed to read three hours a day, despite his tight schedule. Rory Vaden talked about this on his podcast when he interviewed Zig’s son, Tom Ziglar.
  3. Brandon Carter, the internet celebrity of massive muscular proportions, says: “I read 2 hours everyday. This habit is responsible for the majority of my success. I don’t know many rich people who don’t read a lot, but every poor person I know has an “X-Boxon his Instagram.
  4. Warren Buffet claims to read 500 pages a day. He’s stated that he devotes about 80% of his time to reading. Perhaps it isn’t a coincidence that he’s one of the richest men in the world.
  5. Mark Cuban, another successful billionaire, reads 3 hours a day. That adds up to about 1,000 hours a year. Say the average book takes 5 hours to read, that means Cuban is reading 200 books a year.
  6. The man who unleashed Microsoft onto the world, Bill Gates, reads 50 books a year. The result? At the time of this writing he is currently the wealthiest person in the world with a cool $78,000,000,000.
  7. In an interview he did on his podcastwith Ramit Sethi, New York Times best-selling author, Tim Ferriss, says that he reads 3 to 4 books a week. That adds up to 150 to 200 books a year.
  8. In 2015 Mark Zuckerberg pledged to a read a book every two weeks. While this may be less ambitious than other billionaires on this list, some books on his list are long and complex. Like Sapiens which has become a hit in Silicon Valley.
  9. Danny Gilbert, self-made billionaire and owner of the Cleveland Cavaliers, reads one to two hours a day.
  10. You may not have heard of Arthur Blank, but you’ve definitely heard of the store that he co-founded: Home Depot. Blank reads two hours a day and has amassed a current fortune of $1,300,000,000.
Not sure where to start? Check out my article, 33 Books to Read Before You Die. Personally, I read about a book a week. That’s less than these billionaires read but more than the average person reads in a dozen years. You can keep up with my current reading list here.

Like what you read? Give Sam Klemens a round of applause.
From a quick cheer to a standing ovation, clap to show how much you enjoyed this story.

More from Sam Klemens
Are You Stuck? Change Your Beliefs to Change Your Life

Sam Klemens

Also tagged Reading
Embracing The Medium Partner Program

Mark Starlin

Also tagged Millionaire
Being happy is not about money, of course.
So I agree money does not make you happy, per se. But all things being equal, money can provide a better life.

Michael L. F. Slavin

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Done by real rich not nouveau riche.

The Reading Habits of 10 Millionaires and Billionaires

The correlation between reading and wealth is well established. Whether you’re a hedge fund manager or a YouTube celebrity, books can help you to reach higher and stay at the top longer. Let’s look at the reading habits of 10 millionaires and billionaires.

1. M.J. Demarco is a self-made millionaire and author of the book: The Millionaire Fastlane. In that book he talks about the importance of reading and suggests that a book a week is a good target to set. He also hosts a recommended bookshelf on his website.
  2. The motivational speaker Zig Ziglar claimed to read three hours a day, despite his tight schedule. Rory Vaden talked about this on his podcast when he interviewed Zig’s son, Tom Ziglar.
  3. Brandon Carter, the internet celebrity of massive muscular proportions, says: “I read 2 hours everyday. This habit is responsible for the majority of my success. I don’t know many rich people who don’t read a lot, but every poor person I know has an “X-Boxon his Instagram.
  4. Warren Buffet claims to read 500 pages a day. He’s stated that he devotes about 80% of his time to reading. Perhaps it isn’t a coincidence that he’s one of the richest men in the world.
  5. Mark Cuban, another successful billionaire, reads 3 hours a day. That adds up to about 1,000 hours a year. Say the average book takes 5 hours to read, that means Cuban is reading 200 books a year.
  6. The man who unleashed Microsoft onto the world, Bill Gates, reads 50 books a year. The result? At the time of this writing he is currently the wealthiest person in the world with a cool $78,000,000,000.
  7. In an interview he did on his podcastwith Ramit Sethi, New York Times best-selling author, Tim Ferriss, says that he reads 3 to 4 books a week. That adds up to 150 to 200 books a year.
  8. In 2015 Mark Zuckerberg pledged to a read a book every two weeks. While this may be less ambitious than other billionaires on this list, some books on his list are long and complex. Like Sapiens which has become a hit in Silicon Valley.
  9. Danny Gilbert, self-made billionaire and owner of the Cleveland Cavaliers, reads one to two hours a day.
  10. You may not have heard of Arthur Blank, but you’ve definitely heard of the store that he co-founded: Home Depot. Blank reads two hours a day and has amassed a current fortune of $1,300,000,000.
Not sure where to start? Check out my article, 33 Books to Read Before You Die. Personally, I read about a book a week. That’s less than these billionaires read but more than the average person reads in a dozen years. You can keep up with my current reading list here.

Like what you read? Give Sam Klemens a round of applause.
From a quick cheer to a standing ovation, clap to show how much you enjoyed this story.

More from Sam Klemens
Are You Stuck? Change Your Beliefs to Change Your Life

Sam Klemens

Also tagged Reading
Embracing The Medium Partner Program

Mark Starlin

Also tagged Millionaire
Being happy is not about money, of course.
So I agree money does not make you happy, per se. But all things being equal, money can provide a better life.

Michael L. F. Slavin
Nouveau riche likes to show off their “high ses” eating and sleeping while real rich read.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
A foul mouth woman like you claims that you read, and still, the words coming out of your mouth stink so much... All your alleged readings must have gone to waste.:rolleyes:
How many times you must repeat this when I already said my foul mouth is reserved for foul mouth trash like you insulting me slut whore mistress. This is the only way to deal with foul mouth bastards short of a gun. Obviously trash like you are the ones wasting resources on earth spreading falsehoods to bring people down instead of elevate people.

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
How many times you must repeat this when I already said my foul mouth is reserved for foul mouth trash like you insulting me slut whore mistress. This is the only way to deal with foul mouth bastards short of a gun. Obviously trash like you are the ones wasting resources on earth spreading falsehoods to bring people down instead of elevate people.
images

:rolleyes:

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Yes, I would like to elevate you to the top of a building and then push you over the ledge.

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nouveau riche likes to show off their “high ses” eating and sleeping while real rich read.
KNN you bitch cuntard have a wrong perception of high ses and act high ses. you cuntard act like one by reading and playing piano . my uncle suspect you just hold the book in public and actually not reading but beoing the surrounding whether people got beo you reading KNN KNN

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
KNN you bitch cuntard have a wrong perception of high ses and act high ses. you cuntard act like one by reading and playing piano . my uncle suspect you just hold the book in public and actually not reading but beoing the surrounding whether people got beo you reading KNN KNN
You mean Pretentious? :biggrin:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Good to see "Rich Dad Poor Dad" on the essential reading list.

The uninformed write the book off but it really helps change the mindset if the principles expounded are actually put to use.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
@zhihau sibei efficient ..Lol :biggrin:

tenor.gif

I have no idea why this particular thread ended up in the Trivia section. It does not seem right that to condemn a thread to the rubbish heap just because it was started by a particular member.

A better criteria would be to judge a thread by content regardless of who the threadstarter may be.

Here is my contribution to the list of essential reading. It is particularly relevant for sinkies because it seems that many have lost all sense of self worth and what is needed to lead a meaningful life.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/12_Rules_for_Life

220px-12_Rules_for_Life_An_Antidote_to_Chaos_book_cover.jpg

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
To equate reading to becoming millionaire and billionaire is a fallacy . There are many who read but are not millionaires .

Millionaire and billionaires exist because they are shrewd and take calculated risks. They know where to sniff opportunity and get ahead before others.

Reading helps to develop awareness but the ability to think and act smart makes the difference between mediocre and the super rich.

Last edited: