• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PAP Wants to Chase Malays Away from Geylang Serai

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just received news that they will close the Geylang Serai market for 6 months!!!

6 months!!! What are the businesses going to eat? Where will the Malays go for their mee rebus and lontong fix?

Just 2 years ago NEA pulled the same stunt. My suspicions is they will keep doing this until the businesses give up and pack up.

Melayus bodoh don't realise kena played out by PAP.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A totalitarian regime needs to constantly build crap to sustainably grow the GDP. And one of the ways this is done is through 'renovating' or 'upgrading' of hawker centres. :wink:

Haig Road hawker centre is just across the road. :biggrin:

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Go get mcbreakfast. With hash browns.
The authorities should compensate the hawkers for the months they will lose their income. But something tells me the stalls will be taKen up by new tenants who can afford higher rentals.

KingFook Sr

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just received news that they will close the Geylang Serai market for 6 months!!!

6 months!!! What are the businesses going to eat? Where will the Malays go for their mee rebus and lontong fix?

Just 2 years ago NEA pulled the same stunt. My suspicions is they will keep doing this until the businesses give up and pack up.

Stall holders are given options to carry on with alternate temporary stalls nearby lah.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset

who did they vote for? Voting for the pap is voting for one's demise.

bigozt

Alfrescian
Loyal
These are policies of bias and discrimination that impact economically marginalized minorities. It is similar to redlining of city areas and providing that info to the banks so they know which areas are BLM majority; sending Japanese Americans to internment camps for their protection with the impact of forcing them to sell off their businesses and homes for cheap. Tell that to your fucking MPee sekolah

cat

Stupidman
Loyal
they should have more non halal stalls in this centre. roast pork, charsiew, pork satay, bakchormee etc

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
old airport road hawker center also kena shut down for major renovation. all stall holders can go jiak hong for over 6.9 months. many may not cum back.

birdie69

Alfrescian
Loyal

I don't know the building has any issue, it seems to close down very frequently.
Anyway, the surrounding is stink like hell, the contractors might not have done a good job during construction.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

been happening at every market...............they wanna chase out the old people then charge new hawkers high rental.............

hope the Malay hawkers there will vote for Oppo...........