• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PAP AstroTurf Primary School registration ?

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://tremeritus.com/2012/03/28/i-...solute-priority-over-prs-for-p1-registration/

An interesting article.

Disagree Singaporeans now get absolute priority over PRs for P1 registration

I refer to the article ‘MOE: Singaporeans will now get absolute priority over PRs for P1 registrations‘.

This is absolute rubbish. If you read carefully from the latest MOE’s rule, Singaporeans DO NOT have absolute priority over PRs yet for P1 registration.

What it means is that the new rule will give priority to Singaporean children only on a phase to phase basis and not from the whole registration point of view.

In the new rule, P1 places will be allotted to Singaporean children first only for a particular phase. When there are vacancies left for that phase after the Singaporean children are taken care of, they will then be allotted to PR children.

So, if you look at the current P1 registration phases:

Phase 1 – For a child who has a sibling studying in the primary school of choice. All children registered under this phase will be given places in the schools.

Phase 2A(1) – For a child whose parent is a former student of the primary school and who has joined the alumni association as a member not later than 30 Jun of the year before P1 registration; or whose parent is a member of the School Advisory/Management Committee.

Phase 2A(2) – For a child whose parent or sibling has studied in the primary school of choice; or whose parent is a staff member of the primary school of choice.

Phase 2B – For a child whose parent has joined the primary school as a parent volunteer not later than 1 Jul of the year before P1 registration and has given at least 40 hours of voluntary service to the school by 30 Jun of the year of P1 registration; or whose parent is a member of the church/clan directly connected with the school; or whose parent is endorsed as an active community leader.

Phase 2C – For all children who are eligible for Primary One in the following year and are not yet registered in a primary school.

Phase 2C (Supp) – For a child who is not yet registered in a school after Phase 2C.

Phase 3 – For a child who is neither a Singapore Citizen nor Permanent Resident.

If a PR is an alumni member and a Singaporean is a parent volunteer, the PR will still have priority over the Singaporean as the PR’s kid will be eligible for Phase 2A(1), even though he may be behind other Singaporeans in the same Phase 2A(1). The Singaporean who is a parent volunteer will only be eligible for Phase 2B, way behind the PR.

Is this fair? Did the PR serve NS and risk breaking his hands and legs? Is he going to send his kid to do NS and risk breaking his kid’s hands and legs (PR has a choice not to do NS)?

Looking at the table above, I say PR should be allocated places after Phase 2C (Supp) when ALL the Singaporean kids have been taken care of from Phase 1 to Phase 2C (Supp).

Phase 2D – For a child who is a Permanent Resident.

If a PR really wants to be treated fairly like the rest of Singaporeans, become a Singaporean and make your kid a Singaporean. Otherwise, just shut up!

This is our country. Not happy, then go back to your third world countries to let your kids study there!

A very pissed Singaporean parent

Hence, I propose a Phase 2D for PR:

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
this is still better than the previous system, it is still priority given to Singaporeans everything being equal.

First of all, it wouldn't make sense to exclude PRs from phase 1.
And if PRs are all relegated to phase 3, you will end up with all PR kids attending school in Tuas. Thats totally unfair and will backfire on us.

bullfrog

Alfrescian
Loyal
You must be PR! Permanently Retarded.

this is still better than the previous system, it is still priority given to Singaporeans everything being equal.

First of all, it wouldn't make sense to exclude PRs from phase 1.
And if PRs are all relegated to phase 3, you will end up with all PR kids attending school in Tuas. Thats totally unfair and will backfire on us.

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
Come on, argue your case, don't degrade into insults just because you are lazy to reason.

Why you people only know how to complain senselessly? What solutions you have? Your solutions are impractical and create more problems.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Tuas is still too near and within perhaps, PR children should study in Johor. MOE can invest in a PR Integrated School in Johor to cater for them. The 2nd Link to Johor is just at the end of Tuas. I'm not joking. Imagine a PR coming in to say, he has a wife, 2 parents, 2 in-laws and 8 chidlren dependent on him and must bring them in, goodness! 1 PR becomes another 14 PRs. It's already happening with PDMM who insists that her child sent to Singapore school must be accompanied by her for care.

Last edited:

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tuas is still too near and within perhaps, PR children should study in Johor. MOE can invest in a PR Integrated School in Johor to cater for them. The 2nd Link to Johor is just at the end of Tuas. I'm not joking. Imagine a PR coming in to say, he has a wife, 2 parents, 2 in-laws and 8 chidlren dependent on him and must bring them in, goodness! 1 PR becomes another 14 PRs. It's already happening with PDMM who insists that her child sent to Singapore school must be accompanied by her for care.

We do need these PRs. Who ask sinkies to be unproductive?

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
What for? To produce what? For who? Please elaborate. And please don't be mistaken that I'm xenophobic. I'm very cosmopolitan and open-minded.

babies bro, manpower bro.
You think Singapore can survive and thrive w/o these foreigners working here?

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
babies bro, manpower bro.
You think Singapore can survive and thrive w/o these foreigners working here?

That I agree, but it has to be within manageable and sustainable numbers. If you've studied ecomonics, you'd know that when land, people and production factors are optimized and you try to nominally maximize, you'd cross the point of diminishing utility. Every increase in number is an increase in number, yes. But, every increase in number diminishes the net benefits for all. That's why the outcries of discontent are increasing.

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
That I agree, but it has to be within manageable and sustainable numbers. If you've studied ecomonics, you'd know that when land, people and production factors are optimized and you try to nominally maximize, you'd cross the point of diminishing utility. Every increase in number is an increase in number, yes. But, every increase in number diminishes the net benefits for all. That's why the outcries of discontent are increasing.

Its a tricky balancing act. We need them but it causes some discontent. However, if we don't have them, there will be even greater discontent cos services will decline and costs will increase dramatically as a result.
What the govt needs to do is to educate the people.