• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

oyster omelette...Super Craving!!!

psy83

Alfrescian
Loyal
After seeing an article about Penang oyster omelet, Im all of a sudden crazing for this dish that i haven eaten for more then 4 or 5yrs and I NEED IT NOW!!! AS IN RIGHT NOW!!

Where can i go now to get it? Good price with big amount.

This triggered the craving.

30065.jpg

CMSMedia

Where are this places? They are naming the shops but not the location..
http://www.soshiok.com/article/16670

Last edited:

psy83

Alfrescian
Loyal
The craving is due to haven eat lunch and there is nothing to eat at home plus not knowing what to eat/buy.. Oyster OMELET!!!!!

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not a big fan of Oyster omelet, but since I live in the East, you can get it a the hawker centre at the end of Upper East Coast Road where Bedok Road begins. However, the really nice dish at this centre is the fried hokkien mee. Bon apetit.

Cheers!

psy83

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not a big fan of Oyster omelet, but since I live in the East, you can get it a the hawker centre at the end of Upper East Coast Road where Bedok Road begins. However, the really nice dish at this centre is the fried hokkien mee. Bon apetit.

Cheers!

The hawker center in-front of bedok camp?

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I would recommend you the Oyster Omelette at Fengshan Hawker Ctr near to the Bedok Police Station.. Used to go there with my wife during courtship time.. Still go there once in a while with her.. Good crowd there especially during the night.. I would order a big plate of Oyster Omelette, a plate of Char Kway Teow and few pieces of BBQ chicken wings.. All these satisfying meals cost me only around 10 bucks.. Sometimes eating hawker food beats having dinner in a fancy restaurant..:smile:

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
The craving is due to haven eat lunch and there is nothing to eat at home plus not knowing what to eat/buy.. Oyster OMELET!!!!!

Any nausea lately? Have you been practising birth control with jar_mustafa_1?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I always thought that Penang version was very different in nearly all dishes. Never tried the Penang version.

mako65

Alfrescian
Loyal
There's one stall just outside of Simon road, quite good! If u wan the real Penang stuff, goto York hotel(behind goodwood hotel) where u can savour it in buffet style!

maxpark

Alfrescian
Loyal
There's this really awesome oyster omelette in Melaka...
located in middle of town, middle of Jalan Bunga Raya, hawker style right next to roadside...
cannot miss it as always got car parked nearby and crowd gathered around the wok waiting for turn...
its run by husband-wife team and everytime minimum queue 30-40mins, off-peak...
if peak-time like during CNY or long weekends, be prepared to wait more than one hour...
all i can say, sibei shiok, die die must try!!!

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually due to economic and health reasons the Singaporean 蚝蛋/蚝煎 already lost 80% of their original quality and colourful tastes. Here are the open secrets:

1. Original use DUCK eggs instead of Chicken - hard to buy raw duck eggs these days in SG
  2. Lard oil were the main oil in old days taste totally different
  3. Some tiny amount mineral salt instead of sea salt already banned
Mineral salt were widely used in salt-baked chicken = 盐鸡 today's salt bake chicken are indeed largely just soya sauce baked chicken = 酱油烤鸡

:(

Original Oh-Luah /蚝煎 in old days were sold by trishaw man under the Chinese opera stages with a methane lamp = 臭土灯 they will either use wood fire charcoal fire or pressurised paraffin stoves (loud pumped red cans) to fry. When you buy it they wrap it in the palm tree bark foils.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Actually due to economic and health reasons the Singaporean 蚝蛋/蚝煎 already lost 80% of their original quality and colourful tastes. Here are the open secrets:
  1. Original use DUCK eggs instead of Chicken - hard to buy raw duck eggs these days in SG
  2. Lard oil were the main oil in old days taste totally different
  3. Some tiny amount mineral salt instead of sea salt already banned
Mineral salt were widely used in salt-baked chicken = 盐鸡 today's salt bake chicken are indeed largely just soya sauce baked chicken = 酱油烤鸡

:(

Original Oh-Luah /蚝煎 in old days were sold by trishaw man under the Chinese opera stages with a methane lamp = 臭土灯 they will either use wood fire charcoal fire or pressurised paraffin stoves (loud pumped red cans) to fry. When you buy it they wrap it in the palm tree bark foils.

You bring your 屠狗刀 sabre along dog also slaughtered and stewed.

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
You bring your 屠狗刀 sabre along dog also slaughtered and stewed.

Winter in the north is time for eating dogs...:wink::p the food that keeps you warm. SG also every day rain. Something warm is good.

But wait! The dog & oyster are 2 different recipes, can not be mixed lah.:rolleyes:

Unless we create a new recipe of 红烧狗肉煨生蚝 or 鲜蚝白菜三六汤 or 狗腿淡菜冬瓜盅?

:rolleyes: which one more yummy? :p