• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

oyster omelette...Super Craving!!!

psy83

Alfrescian
Loyal
I would recommend you the Oyster Omelette at Fengshan Hawker Ctr near to the Bedok Police Station.. Used to go there with my wife during courtship time.. Still go there once in a while with her.. Good crowd there especially during the night.. I would order a big plate of Oyster Omelette, a plate of Char Kway Teow and few pieces of BBQ chicken wings.. All these satisfying meals cost me only around 10 bucks.. Sometimes eating hawker food beats having dinner in a fancy restaurant..:smile:

Are you talking about 85?

I totally forgot about this place, I love the chicken wings there too.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What about oyster egg omelette....using only eggs without the tapioca solution....this is evolved verdin they came later?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree on the lard. Sadly the younger generation would have missed out on it.
Actually due to economic and health reasons the Singaporean 蚝蛋/蚝煎 already lost 80% of their original quality and colourful tastes. Here are the open secrets:
  1. Original use DUCK eggs instead of Chicken - hard to buy raw duck eggs these days in SG
  2. Lard oil were the main oil in old days taste totally different
  3. Some tiny amount mineral salt instead of sea salt already banned
Mineral salt were widely used in salt-baked chicken = 盐鸡 today's salt bake chicken are indeed largely just soya sauce baked chicken = 酱油烤鸡:(Original Oh-Luah /蚝煎 in old days were sold by trishaw man under the Chinese opera stages with a methane lamp = 臭土灯 they will either use wood fire charcoal fire or pressurised paraffin stoves (loud pumped red cans) to fry. When you buy it they wrap it in the palm tree bark foils.

psy83

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just came back from 85 after purchasing some oyster and chicken wings.. Guess who i saw... That ugly looking Xiaxue and an Ang moh...

bushtucker

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the recently renovated pasir panjang hawker centre has at least 5 stalls selling oyster omelette so you can sample to your heart's content. and it also has a famous hainanese curry rice stall.

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree on the lard. Sadly the younger generation would have missed out on it.

I learned a very sad but yet practical rule:

Yummy food = unhealthy food

Healthy food = boring food

So there is a price to pay to stay healthy - give up the yummy food.:(:eek:

Or else eat whatever you want and however much you can, and die faster!:*::p

Boh Pian!:wink:

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just came back from 85 after purchasing some oyster and chicken wings.. Guess who i saw... That ugly looking Xiaxue and an Ang moh...

Sunday night crowed or not? Usually weekend no seat there... people use their backsides to CHOPE already, you have to stand there and wait... boring...

Last edited:

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
Because highcalorie foods increase dopamine the most. That's why "yummy food = unhealthy food".

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Because highcalorie foods increase dopamine the most. That's why "yummy food = unhealthy food".

Wrong cos high calorie foods increase the risk of heart disease and fatty deposits and so on not cos it makes you enjoy it that it's unhealthy.

psy83

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sunday night crowed or not? Usually weekend no seat there... people use their backsides to CHOPE already, you have to stand there and wait... boring...

I went there just now around 11plus.. Got quite a few places to seat.

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wrong cos high calorie foods increase the risk of heart disease and fatty deposits and so on not cos it makes you enjoy it that it's unhealthy.

Since when did I say high calorie foods aren't unhealthy? I said high calorie foods increase dopamine the most. That's what makes them so yummy and unhealthy. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
I went there just now around 11plus.. Got quite a few places to seat.

Thanks for the info.

Actually that place is about 12min walk or so from where I live. Can go if got seats.

My area adjacent to 58 market aka PAp HQ got 5 coffee shops plus hawker center (day time only) but these days the coffee shop no business at night 1 by 1 stopped 24Hrs used to be all available and plenty choices. But these days left selling drinks stall in 3 of the 5 shops at this time 3-4am, 2 shops ceased their 24Hrs opening already.

:(

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
jalan besar hawker centre. at the basement level corner stall. near it also got bbq chicken wing. can see many chinese ah peks having beer with some ugly beer promoters.:confused: wonder why the beer promoters there all CMI. the stall only start at 6pm hor...

Last edited:

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Actually due to economic and health reasons the Singaporean 蚝蛋/蚝煎 already lost 80% of their original quality and colourful tastes. Here are the open secrets:

1. Original use DUCK eggs instead of Chicken - hard to buy raw duck eggs these days in SG
  2. Lard oil were the main oil in old days taste totally different
  3. Some tiny amount mineral salt instead of sea salt already banned
Mineral salt were widely used in salt-baked chicken = 盐鸡 today's salt bake chicken are indeed largely just soya sauce baked chicken = 酱油烤鸡

:(

Original Oh-Luah /蚝煎 in old days were sold by trishaw man under the Chinese opera stages with a methane lamp = 臭土灯 they will either use wood fire charcoal fire or pressurised paraffin stoves (loud pumped red cans) to fry. When you buy it they wrap it in the palm tree bark foils.

Not sure about mineral salt.

But I use duck eggs and lard - unhealthy but eat in small quantity of sinful food better than eating a lot of diet food, right!

Duck eggs are better because they are stickier than chicken eggs.

Thank goodness in Australia, I am forced to cook at home (alfresco kitchen because of lard) and I have the time to spare.

Last edited: