• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

NSP plays down prospects of party returning to SDA

Subok

Alfrescian
Loyal
Subok,

You shld read Scro's reply to my earlier post. It has explained why an alliance is necessary for contesting a GRC. Also, if GMS doesnt want to join SDA, naturally he has to build visibility and image for NSP. No need to carp on his branding.

Apologies. But it is you who did not get my drift. We can fight all we want in-house but outside, we abang adik. THIS IS POLITICS.

You think the masses, the critical masses that opposition reach is in the internet world? or they still going after paper-media?

Look at the headings in Official Media: - "NSP plays down prospects of party returning to SDA". Why the media intentional or unintentional "twist" that meaning? You know why opposition seldom flourish? They lack media representatives. They lack talent that are good at script writing, rallying etc etc, publicity, image consultants etc etc public speaking. The way GMS does his speech I am quite "dog damn sure" he did not join any toastmaster club.

To GMS credit, perhaps he had the finest of finest polished "heart of sincerity" but sincerity do not thrive in POLITICS. When enemy do not even take you seriously, do you think you seriously can deliver any threat? When enemy leave you alone, that's when YOU MUST worried because you are not doing any right to cause any reaction to them. GMS IS DEFINITELY NOT ON THE RADAR SCREEN OF PAP. Well, even if he is, the media already smothered him with his own blunders.

I hope SDA will go and contest in Tampines GRC to salvage the situation, or even if GMS wins, it would be because people want PAP out and not because they want GMS in.

Who is GMS? apart from he is a businessman who stays in HDB flat born of hawker parents, sold flat to fund his HDB, jump on the tailcoat of WP's ticket to contest in Aljunied GRC and then come out to strike out on his own. An opportunist cum wannabe.

But better monkeys than ruling elites. For that I concede.

Last edited:

Subok

Alfrescian
Loyal
He means well. Like some in this forum and many in Singapore, politics is not well understood. For some reason people associate success with unity when it comes to singapore politics.

I even recall a dialogue with academics where one chap went on and on about disunity being the Achilles hell of opposition politics. When asked to elaborate, this chap could not explain. It appears that this chap too was looking for one united opposition party. In essence a 2 party state.

i am not looking forward to a 2 party system or state whatsoever. That I leave it to FIRST thing FIRST. GET the ruling elites OUT.

This is politics! I never believe in a coalition. Unlike bed fellas will eventually spell DIVORCE. BUT at times such as this, a UNITED front, regardless of alliance or merger or take over of whatever SH*T is not important but an UNITED FRONT! Malaysia political change is not about DAP and PAS can get along with each other but their willingness to have an UNITED FRONT.

GMS had done the opposition a great disservice by professing to the OFFICIAL state media that "such a united front is not possible" when instead a political astute leader will say "its work in progress" . AMBIGUITY is the key word in politics. Here GMS already checkmate all his OWN moves. Therefore he is a political liability to the opposition.

Insofar, it is NOT important how many of us here in Sammyboy forum wants GMS to wins. It is not even the new generation of informed generation Y. BUT it is the aunties and uncles who made up bulk of the critical mass of electorate in Tampines GRC of whom relied heavily on state media for news. GMS had done himself in on this part.

We can go on and go and on and even WRITE a THESIS leading to a PhD in GMS politics of why he leave the SDA rightly or wrongly. Honestly I dont care a :oIo: and neither the aunties and uncles care for a :oIo:. All they know is GMS has a character issue jumping boat and again now abandon boat. Mark my words. The ruling elites will juice every single of his words to its fullest exploit and guess who gave them ammunition? the Great GMS himself.

PEOPLE DO NOT CARE HOW MUCH YOU KNOW MR GMS, THEY DO NOT CARE WHETHER YOU ARE SINCERE OR NOT, THEY DO NOT CARE ABOUT YOUR PAST, BUT THEY WILL ONLY KNOW HOW MUCH YOU CARE ABOUT THEM. AND CERTAINLY TALKING ABOUT PRADA IS NOT A LANGUAGE THEY CAN UNDERSTAND. THIS IS POLITICS. THIS IS NOT TIT TAT TO, EACH MOVE IS CLEAR AND EASY IN A SIMPLE 9 SQUARED BOXES, ITS SUKODO. ONE WRONG MOVE AND THE ENTIRE PLATE IS GONE!

I had my peace. I wish OPPOSITION all the best in Tampines GRC as much as I wish it is not GMS, narcissistic at its infancy and naive in politics. should have stay on in WP for more mileage before coming out to strike on your own.

JBJ, a former magistrate, Francis Seow a former solicitor general, tang liang hong a successful businessman, Kenneth J a successful funds manager managing millions, GMS? Businessman who stays in HDB flat (i highly suspect even if his business is GST register because only those with transactions more than a million dollar need to be GST registed). You may be able to "connect" in certain cents, but I disagree with some that charisma can be cultivated. I for one believe that Charisma is innate natural ability to charm the masses. Sadly, GMS, you are not even a match of the failed founder of Sunshine Empire Jackie Hoo.

You cannot even charm through black and white of computer screen, you cannot charm in your youtube "GMS' National Day Message", I really question how Tampines aunties uncles going to be spelled-bound by you.

Politics is a bit of spin weaver(needed to destroy enemies), a bit of a storyteller (needed to charm the masses), a bit of a economist(needed to drive the economy/GDP), a bit of a mathematicians(needed to substantial your statistics), a bit of a humanitarian(needed to connect to the ground), a bit of a charisma(needed to lead people through "red-sea"), a bit of a Confucian ethics (needed to safeguard citizens' rights), a bit of a friendship diplomat (needed to prevent cracks within the government) ... and the list goes on.

Sadly, GMS only have a heart and sincerity and all that it is. I believe GMS will do better had he still been in WP or under a greater leadership to the likes of CST or KJ.

Still routing for oppositions nevertheless, as it is of lesser evil to have likes of GMS in parliament than the greater evil of the ruling elites.

*sigh*

start @ 09:00
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NT1LyPaxsBo

GMS is the like the rain in the above movie, a bane to the opposition.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_Zpow6uYao

fivestars

Alfrescian
Loyal
Most the opposition candidates will form opposition alliance after general election.

SPP/RP (SDA-PKMS) Team

NSP (SDA-Ex-PKMS) Team

SDP/USD/SF (Human Right) Team

WP (SDA-Ex-PKMS) Team

Too early to say the alliance. SDA United are depand on Malay Candidate in NSP and WP issues. We do not had the right to talk about it openly like PAP ex PKMS issues.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ya right! I dont get you now. I thought you seconded my thoughts when I said the Oppo camp can stay together as a loose alliance; but now you seem to take issue with GMS for not being part of a unified force?

To me, it's ok if the SDA goes on as it is without the NSP. It's also ok if the NSP fights the battle on its own, with some agreement with the rest not to split votes. A holy united alliance is not the alpha and omega of political tour de force.

A united iron clad Opp alliance party is what the PAP has been spinning as desirable in order to provide an alternative. It knows this can't be achieved, so PAP will be very happy to see you banging yr heads off till eternity to get a united Oppo alliance off the ground.

What we shld do is to demand for abolition of GRCs altogethe, revert back to single wards, and lower the election deposit. But that way, the PAP knows they are vulnerable to the walk-over effect. And that way, more capable independents can also stand.

Why nitpick and carp on NSP and GMS?

Apologies. But it is you who did not get my drift. We can fight all we want in-house but outside, we abang adik. THIS IS POLITICS.

You think the masses, the critical masses that opposition reach is in the internet world? or they still going after paper-media?

Look at the headings in Official Media: - "NSP plays down prospects of party returning to SDA". Why the media intentional or unintentional "twist" that meaning? You know why opposition seldom flourish? They lack media representatives. They lack talent that are good at script writing, rallying etc etc, publicity, image consultants etc etc public speaking. The way GMS does his speech I am quite "dog damn sure" he did not join any toastmaster club.

To GMS credit, perhaps he had the finest of finest polished "heart of sincerity" but sincerity do not thrive in POLITICS. When enemy do not even take you seriously, do you think you seriously can deliver any threat? When enemy leave you alone, that's when YOU MUST worried because you are not doing any right to cause any reaction to them. GMS IS DEFINITELY NOT ON THE RADAR SCREEN OF PAP. Well, even if he is, the media already smothered him with his own blunders.

I hope SDA will go and contest in Tampines GRC to salvage the situation, or even if GMS wins, it would be because people want PAP out and not because they want GMS in.

Who is GMS? apart from he is a businessman who stays in HDB flat born of hawker parents, sold flat to fund his HDB, jump on the tailcoat of WP's ticket to contest in Aljunied GRC and then come out to strike out on his own. An opportunist cum wannabe.

But better monkeys than ruling elites. For that I concede.

Subok

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ya right! I dont get you now. I thought you seconded my thoughts when I said the Oppo camp can stay together as a loose alliance; but now you seem to take issue with GMS for not being part of a unified force?

To me, it's ok if the SDA goes on as it is without the NSP. It's also ok if the NSP fights the battle on its own, with some agreement with the rest not to split votes. A holy united alliance is not the alpha and omega of political tour de force.

A united iron clad Opp alliance party is what the PAP has been spinning as desirable in order to provide an alternative. It knows this can't be achieved, so PAP will be very happy to see you banging yr heads off till eternity to get a united Oppo alliance off the ground.

What we shld do is to demand for abolition of GRCs altogethe, revert back to single wards, and lower the election deposit. But that way, the PAP knows they are vulnerable to the walk-over effect. And that way, more capable independents can also stand.

Why nitpick and carp on NSP and GMS?

I die, is my england so bad? I am agreement with u in loose allegiance. That's why I said in my first statement. I dont care if we are fighting "in-house" but outside we are abang-adik. So which part of it suggest to you that I want an iron clad alliance?

Abolish of GRC altogether? This part I think you missed what I said

PAP will never make the playing field level and they are not obliged to. Therefore whoever want to be oppositions want to take on PAP - HAS to work with these and THROUGH these "unfair playing field". No point crying over this issue. If we want to play with PAP, we play within their rules as well since we are in their "home-ground". To make it worst, opposition can try challenging those rules in Court and .... well you fill in the blanks yourself.

Why nitpick on GMS and NSP?

1. They are of no significant threat to PAP.

2. BUT the show of disunity with NSP leaving the pack as mirrored in news report gave PAP enough ammunition to cripple the entire opposition at large.
e.g. Citizens of Singapore. Look at oppositions! A disarrays of last minute make up rogues who cannot even agree among themselves! Do you think you can trust Singapore into a pack of foxes and wolves who only cares about devouring their own kind?"
GMS aka NSP created a colossal damage intentional or unintentionally.

3. He thinks he is "passable"

4. If you watch Jackie Chan's movie starring Jet Li "the forbidden city..." or something like that. He said these words "How can you pour anymore tea into a cup when its full, how can you teach someone kunfu when he knows "everything" - meaning how can you teach someone who thinks he is passable when it is RED SKY...

5. People will not remember NSP started SDA or whatever, but people will remember NSP walked out of SDA.

6. NSP lack real talent to run the country, only political wannabes. NO proper media control, no proper image consultant, I believe do not even have a proper campaign manager.

If you look at US elections, many of the winning hitches on a good media spokesman, good editorial team, good campaign manager etc. In fact, I would go as far as, if you got a good campaign election manager, you put up a monkey, the monkey also can perform 1st class.

As much as it is to be applauded that GMS gave up all of himself RAW, genuine, fists up the front, and what have you, sadly that is all that is..... GMS. He do not admit to committing media blunder and allowing media to play his words like monkey not once now but even last time WP episode. He certainly had not learn his lesson not to dance with media especially when he do not know how to. DO to destroy GMS very easy, just give him media attention. Well, we were forgiving about his lackluster performance @ CNA, but is the electorate forgiving? hmmmm......

Maybe GMS can ask Jackie Hoo to be his personal image and campaign consultant. Jackie manage to "talk" millions into his pocket, he may as well teach GMS how to "talk" polls into his NSP's boxe.

fivestars

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why nitpick on GMS and NSP?

If you look at US elections, many of the winning hitches on a good media spokesman, good editorial team, good campaign manager etc. In fact, I would go as far as, if you got a good campaign election manager, you put up a monkey, the monkey also can perform 1st class.

As much as it is to be applauded that GMS gave up all of himself RAW, genuine, fists up the front, and what have you, sadly that is all that is..... GMS. He do not admit to committing media blunder and allowing media to play his words like monkey not once now but even last time WP episode. He certainly had not learn his lesson not to dance with media especially when he do not know how to. DO to destroy GMS very easy, just give him media attention. Well, we were forgiving about his lackluster performance @ CNA, but is the electorate forgiving? hmmmm......

Maybe GMS can ask Jackie Hoo to be his personal image and campaign consultant. Jackie manage to "talk" millions into his pocket, he may as well teach GMS how to "talk" polls into his NSP's boxe.

Wish Edmund Ng and Mr Goh always a good team to promote Opposition.

I believed Mr Goh Meng Seng is very confident person. Bias Political idea, he will never put as negative feedback. He will always consult his team member in NSP and other opposition supporters. The real voters words are very important for him. He is a good leader. He will look into majority voters need.

Subok

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wish Edmund Ng and Mr Goh always a good team to promote Opposition.

I believed Mr Goh Meng Seng is very confident person. Bias Political idea, he will never put as negative feedback. He will always consult his team member in NSP and other opposition supporters. The real voters words are very important for him. He is a good leader. He will look into majority voters need.

sadly GMS only has 31% of voters in Tampines GRC "supposedly" who will still be voting for opposition.

But as far as politics is concern being mr nice and honest will not fare you far.... in fact not very far.

GMS may be a genuine, as real as anyone of us can get for a political wannabes, he may be a good economist or better word would be good at economics for he is not an economist, but he lacks political astuteness. Much of political astute is inborn and later learned.

He already gave himself a passable grade then what else is there to learn?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i65x_dFaxiA
starts @ 01:00

"How can you fill your cup if you are already full, how can you learn kunfu if you already know so much, know shadow kick, Buddha's palm, empty your cup" Jackie Chan in Forbidden Kingdom

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
So which part of it suggest to you that I want an iron clad alliance?

The part that you said "united front". But now that you have clarified, it meant loose alliance with some common points of agreement.

2. BUT the show of disunity with NSP leaving the pack as mirrored in news report gave PAP enough ammunition to cripple the entire opposition at large.
GMS aka NSP created a colossal damage intentional or unintentionally.

GMS has already explained why and you have to give him the prerogative as he is the party chief anyway.

People will not remember NSP started SDA or whatever, but people will remember NSP walked out of SDA.

This part I dont get. What makes you so sure you are right? You are imposing yr views!

NSP lack real talent to run the country, only political wannabes. NO proper media control, no proper image consultant, I believe do not even have a proper campaign manager.

We dont know yet, as nobody knew then whether LKY would have made a good PM in 1950's. He also had no mass support, no political experience.

Here I think you are getting into deep waters but I will not engage you. US politics is an entirely new can of worms. I dont think you understand enough of it to advocate it. You shld btw read Alexis Tocqueville on Democracy in America. Explains why and how the US model came abt, diff from their colonial masters.

AS you said, we shld not run down the Opp. What you are doing is exactly tht.

Subok

Alfrescian
Loyal
This part I dont get. What makes you so sure you are right? You are imposing yr views!

My views? Or views that ST seek to perpetual through GMS's confirmation of leaving SDA?

We dont know yet, as nobody knew then whether LKY would have made a good PM in 1950's. He also had no mass support, no political experience.

Then our police wear khakis. Now our citizens are more intellectual than before. mature politically wise... debatable.

Here I think you are getting into deep waters but I will not engage you. US politics is an entirely new can of worms. I dont think you understand enough of it to advocate it. You shld btw read Alexis Tocqueville on Democracy in America. Explains why and how the US model came abt, diff from their colonial masters.

AS you said, we shld not run down the Opp. What you are doing is exactly tht.

I do not want to run down OPP. But what use I ask you? What use if there is we tear down PAP to put up another "PAP"? I will not go into the litany of history of democracy or there is any?

Will GMS on the top be more liberal than PAP? I doubt so. Given his intensity, he would just be the young LKY who voiced so ever loudly against ISD then under colonial rules, but when in power use ISA extensively against its opponent. GMS is such man in the making. Let an old chinese saying, had a parent known their child end up like this, they rather drown it at birth.

If GMS cannot take the beating here, then please do not talk about politics or even a parliamentary seat. What we are creating here by not debating against him is a pseudo endorsement of oppositions.

I rather charge botak hill with my platoon loyal to me than to charge with a battalion who may "mis-fire" at my backside.

Time and times again, GMS claimed he had been played by media. I had enough of it. He is simply not up for this game. You got misquoted once can say you first time nvm, then second time, we can also say nvm la learning curve but THIRD and I believe that will be subsequent of forth fifth and so on and so forth. He simply did not learn even on the first time.

Why I bring in US politics. I am not selling their brand of democracy but the vehicles they used to further their ideology of democracy. Vehicles like image, public speaking, media center, script writer.. etc etc. Look at GSM national message. As much as he is telling the truth, but who wants a DOOM Sayer as a leader?

Can you imagine you are being forced into a marriage and is about to consummate the marriage, you have this guy charge in saying high and mighty ethics like, you will not be happy la, you will be f*Ked la, your child will be bastard la, etc etc... come on. In this circumspect, most if not all Singaporeans already know what he is saying and can understand, but in occasion such as this? National Day? I would hang his script writer. Look at KJ's national day write out and GMS's? And can you believe GMS's is a work of a NUS graduate?

As much as he raise the right points, he had chosen the wrong timing, wrong style to put it across. Receptive audience of anti establishment welcome any form of derogatory message against the PAP master, but these few prove to be only the minority of 33%. His message must go our to the die hards of PAP and not just win the applause of die hards of opposition.

IF GMS cannot even build a decent bridge across to those who are against opposition, I do not see any reasons he should stay on in opposition just for the sake of opposing.

In fact, as I see it, HE GMS, have much to "thank" the PAP's government policies that propel him into good school, good JC and then an NUS economic degree.

ChaoPappyPoodle

Alfrescian
Loyal
Look lah SUbok, you are a pathetic PAP apologist. As can be seen in your posts, you are of a despicable character, one that lacks ethics and morals. All very much like your heroes at the PAP shithole. You are all a pathetic bunch of pathetic mercenaries and we all see right through you and your kind.

You lack knowledge and substance and only rely on your false insinuations and pretentious leanings towards democracy but all you do is to perpetuate a demonic political party that practices cannibalism of the highest order in politics.

Everrything you have accused anyone in your posts are the same shortcomings that you yourself have exhibited and worse yet, you protect the bastion of the PAP to help them to perpetuate their sickening charade of politics.

I suggest that you have lost bigtime here. Go back to your masters and come back with a new nick and a new strategy. You have been found out. You have done nothing but to discredit the APs with your pathetic insinuations that is so typical of a PAPp:oIo::oIo::oIo:y.

manokie

Alfrescian
Loyal
In fact, as I see it, HE GMS, have much to "thank" the PAP's government policies that propel him into good school, good JC and then an NUS economic degree.

PAP is not responsible for education policy. PAP guides it. MOE crafts it. There may be some PAP-friendly people in there but PAP just provide the political environment for them to implement them!

:mad: :mad:

Subok

Alfrescian
Loyal
Look lah SUbok, you are a pathetic PAP apologist. As can be seen in your posts, you are of a despicable character, one that lacks ethics and morals. All very much like your heroes at the PAP shithole. You are all a pathetic bunch of pathetic mercenaries and we all see right through you and your kind.

You lack knowledge and substance and only rely on your false insinuations and pretentious leanings towards democracy but all you do is to perpetuate a demonic political party that practices cannibalism of the highest order in politics.

Everrything you have accused anyone in your posts are the same shortcomings that you yourself have exhibited and worse yet, you protect the bastion of the PAP to help them to perpetuate their sickening charade of politics.

I suggest that you have lost bigtime here. Go back to your masters and come back with a new nick and a new strategy. You have been found out. You have done nothing but to discredit the APs with your pathetic insinuations that is so typical of a PAPp:oIo::oIo::oIo:y.

One spider not enough? Now here's a match box more.

I do not need to change my nick of use another nick. Cause you are monkeying yourself. I am but an audience.

You can't take "spin-tales" from PAP but you want to take on PAP?

Fine, I am an apologist for PAP, I am their dog, does that makes you feel better? Will that let the opposition gain an edge over PAP? You are so naive.

*Almighty! send me any PAP men and I will devour their meat and drink of their blood anytime! but why punish me with these bunch of baboons who thinks they have what it takes to take on PAP?"
:(

Subok

Alfrescian
Loyal
PAP is not responsible for education policy. PAP guides it. MOE crafts it. There may be some PAP-friendly people in there but PAP just provide the political environment for them to implement them!

:mad: :mad:

well, you are nice and neutral enough to give PAP some credits where its due. One that respect his enemy will surpasses his foe.

When you have high regards for your enemy it not only notarized and bolster your cause. You will earn respect from all camps. For benevolence, is the key to the heart of the men you seek to rule. Which sadly, PAP is void of any.

PAP of rule by law and fist had its days. However, if our own incumbent cannot match such calling of benevolence, I rather be screwed again.

Subok

Alfrescian
Loyal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goh Meng Seng View Post
Dear Green Light,

Thank you for your feedback.
Singapore is built on the core values of "Meritocracy" and "accountability" is the most important part of Meritocracy. One can demand super high salary but there must be accountability. That is the gist of it. IF not, that would be a mockery of Meritocracy.

Goh Meng Seng

GMS, so much can be said about to you! Empty vessel!

MERITOCRACY is the CORE pillar that supports Singapore's value and Singapore's way of assessment and rewards for life in Singapore, a political ETHOS EPOCH by PAP.

If you subscribe to meritocracy then you cannot subscribe to Citizen first for meritocracy recognizes NO boundaries, race, or nationality. So which one you want? You want citizens first? or you want merits/proof of worth before you give out jobs?

Meritocracy in many sense had been adulterated by PAP to further their means. Example "appointment of HO CHING" as Temesek's CEO is purely on Merits. Can you challenge that? If you challenge that you are also in a way destroying the very tenet of meritocracy as it is "neutral". If you are able to proof that Ho Ching did not get that position based on merits, then you will also along the way destroy many who may be real or just as talented, and deny them opportunities simply because in your view is nepotism and not meritocracy. Which means family members of should avoid apply for jobs in the same company as their family members especially if one is of senior position.

I understand that Ho Ching's appointment in temasek is a strong point for contention but PAP had blurred the boundaries so much, and in carefully drawing or re-drawing of these boundaries, you will inevitably destroy real meritocracy and people who got there based entire on their own merits.

For real meritocracy to be used as a measurement of one's talent or merit, then it MUST HOLD all things equal. meaning, the candidates are of same economical background, same educational background, same social status, same pair of parents... etc etc... And unless this is attainable, the meritocracy you preaches is flawed.

BTW do you know who is Professor Steven Chu? DO you know GMS the very system of meritocracy you talk about would have killed Professor Steven Chu's chance at his education and later his PhD, and just in case you are not informed which high chances you are ignorant of him, Professor Steven happens to be the RARE FEW ASIANS WHO WAS AWARDED THE NOBEL LAUREATE (PHYSICS) in 1997.

He was an academic black sheep. His entire family and even his brothers had a few masters and a few PhDs to their name and Prf. Steven Chu then only a single bachelor degree. He was a lackluster A-average in high school, was rejected by the Ivy League schools, but was accepted at Rochester. While his own brothers and cousins attended Princeton and Harvard.

If you GMS remembered (I do not believe if you do) when Prof Steven gave an interview to ST, about Singapore's education, what did he say? Had he been born in Singapore, he would never even be na UNIVERSITY graduate much less even a Nobel Laureate. Why? Because when he was young, he often sees studies as a chore rather than an intellectual journey. Like many other kids at his time, he was into building plastic model airplanes and warships, played touch football, baseball, basketball and occasionally, ice hockey. Just like many of our kids @ ITE/Poly today. Prof Steven went on to say that had he been a Singaporean, he would already been long denied further tertiary education, simply meritocracy says he did not make the mark.

GMS, do you know the rule of MERITOCRACY had killed how many little "Professor Steven Chu" in Singapore? From what I saw, you are just another breed of elitist bred from the PAP system of meritocracy, where NUS is the final and utmost journey for any learned!

You want to talk about politics? I tell you THIS IS POLITICS. Meritocracy can only thrive in an environment when you hold all things equal. How you expect a neighborhood kid to attain grade 8 in piano living in a 1 room flat like yours previously to match the other who stay in a bungalow and grand piano to practice. If you are the government you give free piano to this poor kid then you are giving meritocracy a bad name because meritocracy is based on equality. Then why must the rich kid pay for the piano? Oh then u buy piano for rich kid too but rich kid father can well afford. Can you see the dilemma here? the conflict of interest either ways.

The use of Meritocracy as a ruler is not arbitrary! By far, it is only an assistant to the standards we set.

Meritocracy do not favors late developers like Prof Steven Chu. If you do not make the mark then, your progress stops there. How many U-turns and rounds you want a kid with no substantial economic backing in order for him to attain his grade 8 piano? Which means either he is a prodigy or he is willing to toil for next 15 years or so to get his grade 8 while the rich kid got his within 6 years. Is this meritocracy may I ask of you?

Championing Singaporean first and meritocracy are two most absurd combination. Because you are telling Singaporeans, they shall be employed FIRST, at the same time telling Foreigners to apply as Singapore will employ you based on MERITS. Herein lies the main problems. Supposed you have 2 candidates. A Singaporean 24 and a Foreign Talent also 24 but the Singaporean has only a Degree but the Foreign Talent has a Degree and a MASTER! Who you employ based on the rule of Meritocracy?

GMS you are a BULL SHIT! either ways you understand? Because a male Singaporean need to serve NS therefore set him back by 2 years, but if do not employ the Foreign Talent you F* yourself preaching meritocracy which means the best man for the job which in all technicality the foreign talent wins the Singaporean hands down.

I am a NOBODY, YET i can give u concrete reason why meritocracy does not work in favor of Singaporean first policy BUT you are a POLITICIAN to say the least, and you mouthed MERITOCRACY so loud! yet you do not know the consequences of meritocracy by rule.

Apologies but BALLS to you NUS ELITIST BRED offspring. Better pack your bags and go Hong Kong before you shame your family surname! You had not even thought out properly WHAT you are saying. On one hand you instigated that "PAP is the evil of Singaporeans getting FTs to replace them" and on the other you shouted and herald SINGAPORE as a MERITOCRATIC nation. As PAP is in conflict but they are not in denial and apologetic as well. Can your face to so thick? So :Who" will any intellectual learned person vote then? a tried and tested lunatic or a political schizophrenic who do not even know his brand of politics and the meaning of "meritocracy".

DO not blame the electorate for being apathy or indifference. With your standards YOU are not even insofar worthy to hold a decent political conversation with me, do you think you can hold your own in parliament? Take my this simple F9 article and go to your CEC and see if I am talking cow dung or you preaching cow dung.

DEAR ALL,

If you all expect GMS to be different for PAP, you are in it for a spin! He himself advocates HIGH PAY HIGH SALARY for ministers... I maliced him?

"Singapore is built on the core values of "Meritocracy" and "accountability" is the most important part of Meritocracy. One can demand super high salary but there must be accountability. That is the gist of it. IF not, that would be a mockery of Meritocracy.

Goh Meng Seng:

Look "ONE can demand SUPER HIGH SALARY but here must be ACCOUNTABILITY"

GMS, I put it to you, GDP for GDPs, dollars for dollar which cabinet in the world carries that price tag? I would not even go into Army for Armies!

you are just an opportunist guning for HIGH SALARY flying your BRAND of HONESTY and INTEGRITY- non-challenge, so you have the ACCOUNTABILITY to get that salary?

Guys, look carefully GMS is just another PAP-styled kiddo. What honesty, what accountability, these are all clinches that PAP used.

There is to be a CHANGE in government & GOVERNANCE not just faces! and definitely for just another PAP styled government. Your funds speak insofar so much about your support and believe in your cause from the populace.

Here is a man ready to abandon ship if he cannot anchor his ship in the harbor. This is the very same man on hint of trouble from media during the WP saga and left WP. This is the same man who "proudly" stated in his blog CEC of WP even asked him to stay.

GMS is living on borrowed integrity, borrowed aspirations of the people, borrowed frustrations of the people, to further his own illusive elusive poltiical dreams and agenda.

GMS post your income here! so much for accountability! Post your P&L here to shows you are not after the salary because you earn more than that. Post the transaction of your flat here to show your transparency! (one moment say sell @ valuation to Singaporean, next sell at $XXK above valuation so can donate $20K to opposition- integrity? elusive)

I am a bastard who laid "allegations" upon "allegations" on you, and you cannot even defend yourself here, you think you can defend yourself against the media? You think you can defend yourself against PAP?

Kid, you really do not know your own strength. You may be nice, sincere and honest but politics not for you GMS. No need cry heaven unfair to you. Heaven gave you intellect but you can only grow your business big enough to own a HDB flat? Or did you siphoned some of your money overseas to escape IRA?

You are questionable, totally questionable. comes as no surprises MBT is not sweating with you against him.

Subok

Alfrescian
Loyal
If our own is not chatised and "born" again infused with the right political ideology forward.... Singapore will still be the same in coming election and therafter.

Do not oppose for opposing sake. Oppose because you are a better leader to lead the country, Singaporeans forward.

Sorry kiddo GMS, if you wise enough go find a political astute opposition leader to take you under his wing.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I agree with the point, even if PAP controlled floods, managed economy and investments just right, their salaries are still too astronomical. There's no such thing as it's alright to overpay just because things are going just right.

I also agree with the point, Singapore meritocracy is a farce. The rich men's children and families already with headstart advantages are getting more and more structural benefits and aids from the system because they're deemed to derserve more. They're more productive and profitable and add more values. Helping the poor and needy is deemed meritocratically wasteful and unrewarding allocation of national resources.

GMS should get these points clear and clear these points first. Screaming, wah you're paid so much, how come still got flood, is politically childish. Primary school children resort to that whenever they complain about things that don't go their ways. For this line of argument implicitly agrees with paying then so much as long as there's no flood or whatever under complain.

Last edited:

ChaoPappyPoodle

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tell us what you think is an ideal opposition leader that you will vote for? :confused:

Subok has already stated that Lim Swee Say is one of his heroes. Lim Swee Say can connect with his audience - this according to Subok.

I suggest you don't pay much attention to his writings. He is extremely longwinded and is keen to take unwarranted personal potshots. This kind of crazy poster is better left to write to himself. :biggrin:

Subok

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tell us what you think is an ideal opposition leader that you will vote for? :confused:

In a situation such as now, my gut feel is the REAL PM of Singapore is still hidden or "work in progress" among current candidates.

CST - aging, near expiry date.
LTK - good but not regarded as highly intellectual enough to be PM. He's a fighter a once in hundred years general but not an emperor. However, he will be pivoted in putting the Opposition leader up, perhaps he is even the future kingmaker.

KJ - thus far subdued and well pace, this coming election will prove his mantle.

GMS - OUT.

CSJ - He do not have what it takes to be a PM, but he will definitely make a good President given his academic credential and strong followings in democratic fraternity. And I am sure Dr Chee will do HELL OF A GOOD JOB as a President who will safeguard the constitution and our national coffer. Much like East Timor president — Jose Ramos-Horta.

PM... really yet to be seen thus far.