• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

NSP plays down prospects of party returning to SDA

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
The trouble is that SDA despite being an alliance in intention has to be an actual political party in shape and form. This is where the rub is. The law only allow a contesting GRC team to come from the same party. One of GCT's many devious schemes. Though supposedly a shell, no one wants to be caught out like JBJ inspired defamation suit that nearly led to WP CEC being made bankrupt and thus out of the elections.

Thus the many conditions put out by RP etc. It also explains why Chiam holds the veto vote.

I am ok with that. What I am concerned is that they spent too much time on the hierarchy issues and who's on top and below. Best to have general terms of engagement sealed and agreed upon at the earliest and go on to fine tune ground tactics and screening of potential candidates and attack plans. They shouldnt let personalities and petty politicking get in the way of the bigger things, and that is to get into Parliament in force.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why should I even care to vote for oppositions when their main concern is whether their STARS are brighter than the red lighting bolt. Guess I expect too much therefore fall hard!

Oppostions can catch all the fighting spiders (black canon, green devil etc etc) they want and fight among themselves, but they can never ever think of winning the tarantula of PAP.

don't expect too much of our oppositions, you will be disappointed.

I believe in "balance of power" theory, when PAP and oppositions are politically evenly matched, peasants will benefits from fierce competition between them which might produce good or pork barrel policies for us.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Looks like the PAP got to you.

The opposition has little or no leeway in many fronts. The rules set by the PAP are meant to cripple or discourage any form of opposition. There is no such parallel in the 1st or even in the 3rd world with some exception. In Malaysia, there is nothing to stop you from contesting a seat. Its not the same here. We have the highest nomination fee and much of the wards fall under GRC. Political donations are also severely restricted. Grassroots activities are monopolised and controlled by PA which is a highly politicised dept of the PAP govt.

PAP has made it crystal clear that politics is a taboo and an expensive subject to anyone contemplating unless they are in the PAP. Look at Ho Kwon Ping, Tharman, James Fu, Jek Yuen Tong etc . They became rich, given recognition and patronage when they made the switch. They were ideologically opposite and dead keen in their ideology. For that switch, even their wives and daughters have been richly rewarded.

Either you have no clue about politics or cannot connect the dots. I have no doubts that there are charlatans and very incompetent people in opposition politics but do understand why the dynamics are such. Try raising $81,000 to contest a 6 man GRC just for the deposit which you are bound or likely to lose. This does not take into account basic expenses. Because of the law on Political Donations, people who are rich also cannot contribute.

Get the picture. The PAP has formed and shaped the scenario so that lesser beings form only one opinion - that the opposition is weak, incompetent and does a disservice to Singaporeans by not contesting seats.

Yes be thankful for whatever the opposition give you. It aint much, but it came with huge sacrifices from a concerned few.

Oppositions HAVE not even march pass the gatekeepers of PAP and you want latter to be thanked by the people?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why blame the opposition. Do you think that a level playing field even exist to encourage good politics if such a term exist. Don't be swayed by the PAP who have made sure that decent opposition cannot materialise.

You have been seeking the boycotting of elections from the onset. What then is your alternative. Suck your thumb and wait. Surely not, You attempt to chip away until you get a hold of some sort.

Chee literally disqualified himself to the delight of the PAP. We all can't rely on one option even if it appears more competent then most. We work with the hand that we got.

Your constant putting down of the opposition does work in the favour of the PAP. You know that I presume. I would avoid theories like balance of power when you don't seem to grasp simple political workings.

I believe in "balance of power" theory, when PAP and oppositions are politically evenly matched, peasants will benefits from fierce competition between them which might produce good or pork barrel policies for us.

Subok

Alfrescian
Loyal
Looks like the PAP got to you.

T
Yes be thankful for whatever the opposition give you. It aint much, but it came with huge sacrifices from a concerned few.

RUBBISH!

PAP is NOT obliged in ANY ways to make the playing field FAIR! This is politics and not some mamashop biz!

If you are going to lament that oppositions no fair playing fields, must thank those who sacrifice la.. yada yada yada yada!

I am sorry then politics is not for you! Much of those who succeed are those who already in the grave when what they believed in come into pass. Then the people starts to remember "oh, it was so and so who started this movement......"

Please, politics is a thankless job! Thank opposition?

OK you get it here wimp"

DEAR GMS! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR BEING AN OPPOSITION CANDIDATE! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR SACRIFICES! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SELLING YOUR FLAT TO FUND YOUR CAUSE AND BELIEFS AND DEMOCRACY FOR SINGAPOREANS!

And NO THANK YOU WE DO NOT NEED PRADA! WE DO NOT NEED YOU TO BE BRANDED! AS MUCH AS YOU HAD MY RESPECT BUT I ALSO WANT TO THANK YOU FOR LETTING PAP WIN AGAIN IN THE FORTHCOMING ELECTION!

AND YES I THANK YOU FOR CONFIRMING THAT YOU ARE ANOTHER NEW BRAND OF NARCISSISM. THE BRAND THAT CST AND LTK TOOK YEARS TO BUILD, YOU WISHED TO DO IT IN ONE ELECTION! WELL DONE!

WITH ENEMY IN THE FRONT AND DAUNTING TASK TO SMITE THE ENEMY TO FREE THE PEOPLE OF SINGAPORE, YOU PACK YOU BAG AND ABANDON THE REST AT THE FRONTLINE SO YOU CAN KNIT YOUR OWN "PRADA BRAND"

WELL DONE! YOU DID IT AGAIN!

EVEN IF PAP MAKE THE PLAYING FIELD FAIR, I AM SURE YOU ALREADY SCORED YOUR OWN GOAL!

21 GUN SALUTE TO YOU.

MY DEAR FRIEND, SADLY BUT TRUE, YOU DECISION TO SELL YOUR FLAT , WILL BE VERY MUCH REGRETTED. NO, PLEASE DO NOT BE MISTAKEN I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT YOU BEING REGRETFUL. I AM TALKING ABOUT THE MASS SINGAPOREANS WHO ONCE UPHOLD YOUR ACT AS A SIGN OF SALVATION FOR THE OPPOSITION CAMP, REGRETFUL.

ONCE AGAIN, I THANK YOU, I THANK YOU FOR LETTING PAP RULE SINGAPOREAN ONCE AGAIN!

Subok

Alfrescian
Loyal
I believe, it is the wish of ALL Singaporeans to see an united opposition front whether be it hammer or stars or rings! For now is not the time to split the spoils! 大局但前!!!!!!

for a moment I thought there was HOPE, with determined individuals like GMS, sold his flat (which will also be eventually be sold if PAP use the old tactics of suing opp until bankrupt) to fund the opposition. BUT it's all VANITY, vanity, vanity I tell you!

If I am a muslim, even if to eat harem food with my chinese counterparts to get their trust to help me kill those who oppresses my family, my children, my friend, is all worth it.

If i am a buddhist, even if I have to part-take a feast of meat, If I am hindu to indulge in beef broth, ....

ALL in ALL, if it means to be of bedfellas with the most unlikely so that I can save my family, my children, my friends, it will all be a worthy cause!

I am not advocating muslim eat pork or buddhist meat, hindu beef etc etc, What I am saying is

LAY DOWN ALL THE DIFFERENCE And look at the COMMON GROUND - i.e. an eventual demise of PAP! and not some kind of "marketing" strategy to "BRAND" my party kinda of kid talk!

The more I think about it the more I get infuriated! We already lost the election even before polling day approaches.

With candidates and opposition leaders like GMS, PAP need no oppositions. Former will win again nevertheless.

branding... its a joke.... JOKE!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opJHxU7zPcY (start @ 09:00)

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why blame the opposition. Do you think that a level playing field even exist to encourage good politics if such a term exist. Don't be swayed by the PAP who have made sure that decent opposition cannot materialise.

You have been seeking the boycotting of elections from the onset. What then is your alternative. Suck your thumb and wait. Surely not, You attempt to chip away until you get a hold of some sort.

Your constant putting down of the opposition does work in the favour of the PAP. You know that I presume. I would avoid theories like balance of power when you don't seem to grasp simple political workings.

I don't believe in "good politicians" - PAP or oppositions who genuinely place peasants benefits above self interests. But I will vote for oppositions during GE as I like balance of power logic.

you probably mistaken someone else posts for mine. I always say our oppositions should boycott NCMP seats, not elections. Don't tell me boycotting NCMP seats equal boycotting elections.

Subok

Alfrescian
Loyal

I dare not expect much! I only expect them to come together NO ONE DRINK EACH OTHER BLOOD FROM A COMMON CUP, no need call each other father, mother as their own.

Is it too much to ask them to just come together on a round table against a common enemy?

With oppositions in such disarray, no need any fair or unfair rules to upset opposition. They already "check mate" themselves!

Can you imagine you do not even have a stall selling nasi lemak, you start to tell people your Nasi Lemak is the BEST, better than Changi! better than CHONG PANG, Better than Punggol! then when people ask I am hungry now anything will do, you answer "WAIT, you must understand my brand of NAsi Lemak is the BEST!"

I say "Balls" to you!

KNN, citizens you claim you care for are hungry, hungry for oppositions, and you tell them wait, I tell you my brand of opposition is yada yada yada....

To all fence sitters, lets look after our own rice bowl and forget about oppositions. got roof got food can already. Who CARES what brand oppositions can do when they cannot even sit together have a simple meal and discuss plan against a common enemy.

Though I said before, I rather have monkeys than PAP in the government, now I say I rather be SCREWED by PAP again and again than to have "Branded" monkeys jumping around! :oIo:

Subok

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't believe in "good politicians" - PAP or oppositions who genuinely place peasants benefits above self interests. But I will vote for oppositions during GE as I like balance of power logic.

you probably mistaken someone else posts for mine. I always say our oppositions should boycott NCMP seats, not elections. Don't tell me boycotting NCMP seats equal boycotting elections.

Friend do not bother.... their brand of opposition is Narcissism. save your breath. I know what you mean, but it is useless when we wish for the fall of PAP, they wish for their brand to be "BRANDED".

PAP, come I am prepared to be screwed again. What to do?

Subok

Alfrescian
Loyal
The way things are going, it may take forever to unite the various Opp parties into one camp. I think this is time wasting and not really necessary.

Let parties contest in their preferred wards or GRCs to play to their strengths but what they shld do is to have a common understanding and a strategy not to split votes.

The Opp parties while cutting their own paths up to the top shld not forget to remind the voters that once elected into Parliament, they are all pledged to work together, the way star alliances in the airline industry works. Isnt this a more realistic approach?

Trying to force a common front is easier said than done, with powerful egos and personalities who believe in one tiger one hill. Quickly get that foothold and make their presence felt to build on future hopes.

I second your thoughts, but looking at the current developments, the only party benefiting from it all is PAP.

It seems CST and KJ is the only few moving in this direction cannot say for the rest esp GMS!

Here we are concern about life and death, bread and butter, GMS is talking about party branding!!! Gosh where had he been all this while? Never mind GMS used to be party hop, never mind he is a newbies, I even admired his self sacrificing act of selling his flat to fund his cause, but now??!!

branding....

Hey Mr GMS, you need any marketing agency help to do branding? I know of a few good marketing companies.

If you had your sight set on being PM of Singapore in the future, well I can assure you at the rate and the things you are doing now, I seriously doubt even you can be an MP. Sorry but its true. Hopefully MBK fouled up another BIG BIG BIG of BIGGEST time, that Tampines GRC falls into NSK hands.

All the best, but I am not hoping and routing for you. For the greater good of Singapore, I hope you win, but for the greater good for the future of oppositions, I hope you got lost in your branding process.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Balance of power does not apply to politics lest we end up with a hung parliament. Balance of power applies to country vs another of regional conflict as in super powers. The american system is based on checks and balances where the separation of power and function is distinct while the westminister model is winner takes all. In essence, once there is a balance of power, no action can take place and the government fails. For this reason, mechanism such as double dissolution are incorporated.

For some reason, you still have difficulty grasping basic political concepts and terms. I cringe when you roll out your comments on various political models and terms. Its obvious that you have no clue. Don't use terms that you do not understand. Just explain in simple terms what you mean and people will get you.

Your comments about local opposition leads me to believe that we should not contest the elections against the PAP. Yes, you did not call for a boycott except for NCMP but you should learn to play with what we got left after the PAP screwed the country. Be more hopeful.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now I get it. Its GMS that got your goat rather than the whole opposition. Just ignore him if he causes you sleepless nights.

Gosh you went all the way back to latch on to sensible post to align yourself with the "good guys".

I second your thoughts, but looking at the current developments, the only party benefiting from it all is PAP.

It seems CST and KJ is the only few moving in this direction cannot say for the rest esp GMS!

Subok

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now I get it. Its GMS that got your goat rather than the whole opposition. Just ignore him if he causes you sleepless nights.

Gosh you went all the way back to latch on to sensible post to align yourself with the "good guys".

Dont get me wrong bro. Whatever pet peeves with have like "I do not like your mole" or "the way you talk" has to be put aside for the great good of Singapore so that opposition as a whole can move forward. But all it takes is just one donkey! JUst ONE! the entire opposition - coalition or not looks like a ZOO. Because PAP will tell the constituents: " there you see! they are playing animal farm, do u want these "animals" in the parliament?"

Well we can call PAP animals too, but at least theirs not an animal farm but a well orchestrated Circles!

If opposition cannot even agree to pull their ACTS together, even if PAP give them fair playing field, they will still not win. Because opposition party like NSP aka GMS is doing themselves and all opposition in. Yes GMS may be right that SDP got bad "media-reputation" but at least they did not care so much of THE BRAND of SDP, they DID what NSP DARE not do. SDP DARE to stage protest outside CPF board, DARE to speak up for VK, DARE to take on MM lee in Kangaroo Court. Whatever about NSP? Sell flat to do branding???!!

Seriously now, for once... I agree with the 66%, its just hot air over @ opposition. Opposition like NSP and GMS is simply not in sync with Singaporeans.

Oppressed over bread and butter issue, NSP return to tell the constituents "Wait, I give u my BRAND of roti and butter"
:confused:

I rather NSP disappear altogether than to remind fence sitters and constituents of such existence.

Again, for the greater good of SIngapore, I hope NSP wins a GRC, but for the greater good of opposition, I hope NSP be archived. But either way, Singapore will not see a "greater good" unless Opposition pulls their acts together and not some narcissistic activities like "Branding".

Subok

Alfrescian
Loyal

Maybe should get all the oppositions to seat down and give each a chopstick and ask each leaders to break the single chopstick.

Then after that give each a handful of chopsticks and do likewise!

Basket! looks like really need to whack all the oppositions leader backside to wake up to the word "UNITY"

CST after so many years can just safely retires in Potong Pasir yet I admire this man, maybe too late but better than never, to give his safe haven to lead another team of new candidates into the foray. Hopefully through such sacrifice, he can bring in the next breed of opposition candidates before his eventual demise from the political scene. Can't GMS see that? THE GREATER GOOD! IF every man is for himself, the CST would just be another CST in potong pasir.

Yup, GMS gave up his flat. CST GAVE UP HIS GUARANTEED MP PAY CHECKS to lead fresh blood against PAP.

Why not work towards ironing out the difference and work as team than to be so concerned about the brand of "NSP"

IMHO, without the contributions of veterans like JBJ, CST, and LTK, no one would probably care who on earth is NSP!

How un-apt their name is NATIONAL SOLIDARITY PARTY!

SOLIDARITY???!!!! its a joke. IF they need a brand? I tell u just remove the solidarity. and just simply NP. National Party. or NNP. National Narcissistic Party.

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
I can think of 1000 more productive things to do than to dabble into Singaporean politics.

Subok

Alfrescian
Loyal
I can think of 1000 more productive things to do than to dabble into Singaporean politics.

I use to detest that sentence but now.... I find it hard not to agree with you.

Wanna go play frisbee @ ECP? :biggrin:

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
You need two things to dislodge the Pappies from the pedestal: Money and spin. A pity though that too few of the serfs in Singapore possess any of the two.

Subok

Alfrescian
Loyal
You need two things to dislodge the Pappies from the pedestal: Money and spin. A pity though that too few of the serfs in Singapore possess any of the two.

actually I hate to say it but since u bring it up.. the key to dislodge PAP is MONEY not oppositions.

Even the recent lock in of 50% profit from HDB resale flat smell of rat. This seem to push everyone to get loan from loans from Banks and when one default? Bank can take back the flat. ....

For those who believe in the theory of Illuminati running the world banking system, this certainly looks like one.