• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

NSP plays down prospects of party returning to SDA

Subok

Alfrescian
Loyal
Subok has already stated that Lim Swee Say is one of his heroes. Lim Swee Say can connect with his audience - this according to Subok.

I suggest you don't pay much attention to his writings. He is extremely longwinded and is keen to take unwarranted personal potshots. This kind of crazy poster is better left to write to himself. :biggrin:

Suit yourself, nah here's another match box full of spiders for your muse :biggrin:

Subok

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am not against GMS. He by all rights IS a good MAN, perhaps HONEST by his standards and PASSABLE by his standards.

But to be lenient with him regarding the ideology he championed, and vote him simply because he is in opposition, we risk putting PAP back in power again albeit in another name and form .

For GMS to exit as a party leader or to submit himself to another leader will do him more good than harm and in broader perspective - good for opposition. GMS' ability is as far as he is. Given opposition is in power, GMS will not be able to carry the role of a minister, he's not cut for it. The maximum based on GMS current ability is at most a GPC focus group Chairman. That much GMS can excel, anything beyond he will be a liability to the opposition. But trust you me, if GMS is a GPC chairman, he will be an A* chairman @ whichever GPC group the PM appoints him to.

In conclusion, GMS cannot expect to be a wildcatter in politics. NSP will be better off with another new Sec Gen or NSP go under another political party for the greater BRAND of Singapore's opposition politics than NSP own, cottage-styled brand.

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Have you ever thought of writing a column or a book on your thoughts and how you would envisage a good opposition to be and the type of campaign that they should undertake. It might help the current opposition.

In a situation such as now, my gut feel is the REAL PM of Singapore is still hidden or "work in progress" among current candidates.

CST - aging, near expiry date.
LTK - good but not regarded as highly intellectual enough to be PM. He's a fighter a once in hundred years general but not an emperor. However, he will be pivoted in putting the Opposition leader up, perhaps he is even the future kingmaker.

KJ - thus far subdued and well pace, this coming election will prove his mantle.

GMS - OUT.

CSJ - He do not have what it takes to be a PM, but he will definitely make a good President given his academic credential and strong followings in democratic fraternity. And I am sure Dr Chee will do HELL OF A GOOD JOB as a President who will safeguard the constitution and our national coffer. Much like East Timor president — Jose Ramos-Horta.

PM... really yet to be seen thus far.

Subok

Alfrescian
Loyal
Have you ever thought of writing a column or a book on your thoughts and how you would envisage a good opposition to be and the type of campaign that they should undertake. It might help the current opposition.

I was thinking of writing a political novel much like Animal Farm but Singapore's context....

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Subok has already stated that Lim Swee Say is one of his heroes. Lim Swee Say can connect with his audience - this according to Subok.

I suggest you don't pay much attention to his writings. He is extremely longwinded and is keen to take unwarranted personal potshots. This kind of crazy poster is better left to write to himself. :biggrin:

I'm surprised you even bother to engage him. He contradicts himself from post to post. If you can understand that he is arguing not using his brains, but using his ego, I think you can understand why he writes like that. His writing style is very distinctive. I'm sure I'll be able to recognize it no matter what nick he uses. It's just that I'm unclear why he hates GMS to the core. Maybe GMS spurned him personally in the past.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

rather than engaging that guy, GMS should have just responded exactly as you did and left it as that.

fivestars

Alfrescian
Loyal
Total SMC: 12
Total 3 persons GRC: 6
Total 4 persons GRC: 5
Total 5 persons GRC: 4
Total 6 persons GRC: 3

WP plan to contest SMC: 5
NSP plan to contest SMC: 5

WP plan to contest 3 persons GRC: 2
NSP plan to contest 3 persons GRC: 2

WP plan to contest 4 persons GRC: 2
NSP plan to contest 4 persons GRC: 2

WP plan to contest 5 persons GRC: 1
NSP plan to contest 5 persons GRC: 1

WP plan to contest 6 persons GRC: 1
NSP plan to contest 6 persons GRC: 1

Total Candidate for WP: 30 Reserve Candidates: 14 and 2006 about 20 candidates

Total Candidate for NSP: 30 Reserve Candidates: 14 and 2006 about 11 candidates

Balance seats for others parties: 28

This what the CEC want the SG to plan.

Subok

Alfrescian
Loyal
rather than engaging that guy, GMS should have just responded exactly as you did and left it as that.

Dear Sir, you are just skimming through the surface. I have no axe to grind with GMS but I am really infuriated by the political blunders he committed in his short foray into politics. Blunders that not only gave PAP cherry points but discredited the oppositions at large.

Do not be blinded simply you love oppositions. Take each piece apart, Mr GMS, Honest, Good as he is, is not suited to dance with the wolves. Insofar, I do not think GMS will even survive a cat attacks in his own home ground.

By even saying the least, by verbally admitting to the press if all else fails there is a HOng Kong waiting for him. There's a chant, "Never say die, never say never"....

your disdain for me simply because you think I am a mole out to destroy opposition candidate but I rather GMS die in his own turf than to left without any body for his family out at the battlefield.

To be nice to your officers, is to sent them to their death in the battlefield. Rather than your pure disdain for me. Take me on. Take me on on all the issues raised by me. Take me on on meritocracy and accountability GMS so fervently championed.

take me on....

Subok

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm surprised you even bother to engage him. He contradicts himself from post to post. If you can understand that he is arguing not using his brains, but using his ego, I think you can understand why he writes like that. His writing style is very distinctive. I'm sure I'll be able to recognize it no matter what nick he uses. It's just that I'm unclear why he hates GMS to the core. Maybe GMS spurned him personally in the past.

My contradictions or your inapt to read? My ego? I have nothing to lose nor gain from this saga.

If I am only a sentence to sum up my thoughts about GMS?

---->> *Almighty! send me any PAP men and I will devour their meat and drink of their blood anytime! but why punish me with these bunch of baboons who thinks they have what it takes to take on PAP?" <<----

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
can the opposition party do us a favour this time?

PLS DON'T CLUSTER FUCK IN ONE AREA, spread out let everyone have a chance to vote. if there is already a party contesting that particular area, go for the next one man. CONTEST EVEN IN THE OLD FART AND DRAGON PRINCE AREA!!!

Subok

Alfrescian
Loyal

PLS DON'T CLUSTER FUCK IN ONE AREA, spread out let everyone have a chance to vote. if there is already a party contesting that particular area, go for the next one man. CONTEST EVEN IN THE OLD FART AND DRAGON PRINCE AREA!!!

I like that word. "Cluster fuck" those were the days we used such words in army! hahhah :biggrin:

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
What was that saying that goes something like

Those who can, do; those who can't, teach.

In this context, he who knows, walks; he who doesn't, talks.

ChaoPappyPoodle

Alfrescian
Loyal

I think the APs know better than to challenge each other.

What I propose as a first step towards a more consolidated challenge against the PAPies is a loose alignment amongst the APs.

As an example, we all know that gerrymandearing has been rife all these years and it will likely happen again for the next GE. It used to be GE2010 but the PAPies are so scared that it could possibly be GE2011.

The idea is to attack the PAPies at the points where they think they are strong. In this case, gerrymandearing. The PAPies know that each AP party is to small to spread a wide net across the country. This prevents APs from going out to meet the people way before elections.

APs are short for time and money and can't possibly visit a precinct only to find out later that the precinct is no longer within their targetted constituency.

So, to solve the problem of gerrymandearing, APs will still have to target a constituency and do their best. The difference now is that each group of APs will be accompanied by at least one other AP's party member to help distribute flyers and to meet residents.

So, AP1 (Alternative Party 1) sends their team of a few members out to meet residents in their target constituency. AP2 (Alternative Party 2)also sends one member to follow along. AP3 (Alternative Party 3)also sends one member along.

This is one way to reduce the side-effects of of gerrymandearing and at the same time, show residents that the APs can at least work together against the PAPies

The plans should mostly be to target the strengths and weaknesses of the PAPies and to exclude their middle ground.

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
He means well. Like some in this forum and many in Singapore, politics is not well understood. For some reason people associate success with unity when it comes to singapore politics.

I even recall a dialogue with academics where one chap went on and on about disunity being the Achilles hell of opposition politics. When asked to elaborate, this chap could not explain. It appears that this chap too was looking for one united opposition party. In essence a 2 party state.

It reminds me of exchanges I had with various forummers here, especially one Chap Zar Kar or something. When I asked how 5 parties producing 10 candidates each will made a difference compared to one party producing 50 candidates since PAP is still going to walkover in 34 seats, no prizes for guessing that no straight answers came.

In fact the opposite seems true. Whenever a new party is formed, predominantly most people who join it are newbies and not from other parties. If every new party formed brings in a GRC of candidates, PAP will soon have to contest every seat.

Of course there is an optimum number of 5 to 6 parties, for anyone forming a 7th, 8th, 9th party onwards, I would have my doubts that he/she serves Singaporean's interest since he/she can't even agree with such a wide range of viewpoints in 5 - 6 parties.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree. Most people can handle political issues, policies etc but when it comes to the fundamentals of political structure, its quite a grey area. The first world democracies are well established so their citizens don't have to jump thru hoops to grasp it. The PAP has truly screwed the system that we have these issues. Prior to Ops Coldstore, it was well developed due to the British, bu that Operation really killed.

You are probably one of the few that truly gets it. One would never hear of "opposition unity". In fact elsewhere you will hear of "factionalism" which is factions within each party. They don't call it disunity as they understand the game.

Kevin Rudd for example was screwed by the shop stewards faction within his own party.

In fact the opposite seems true. Whenever a new party is formed, predominantly most people who join it are newbies and not from other parties. If every new party formed brings in a GRC of candidates, PAP will soon have to contest every seat.

Of course there is an optimum number of 5 to 6 parties, for anyone forming a 7th, 8th, 9th party onwards, I would have my doubts that he/she serves Singaporean's interest since he/she can't even agree with such a wide range of viewpoints in 5 - 6 parties.

Subok

Alfrescian
Loyal
So, AP1 (Alternative Party 1) sends their team of a few members out to meet residents in their target constituency. AP2 (Alternative Party 2)also sends one member to follow along. AP3 (Alternative Party 3)also sends one member along.

This is one way to reduce the side-effects of of gerrymandearing and at the same time, show residents that the APs can at least work together against the PAPies
[/B]

The plans should mostly be to target the strengths and weaknesses of the PAPies and to exclude their middle ground.......

Dear Chao Poodle,

May I therefore direct you back to all your insanity poured at me? For the same insanities are back to haunt you.

What you said is precisely what I proposed. Now then why I target GMS? Because knowingly or unknowingly he had been used by the ruling elites mouthpiece to confirm the elites echoes that oppositions are just a bunch of disgruntled disorganized disunited of baboons.

To be politically correct, "WHO THE F**K is GMS?" Why their sought for his views? Do you think GMS's views are of PARAMOUNT importance to the ruling elites? NONE of the elites even ever put his name on their lips to say the LEAST of the LEAST! They know that GMS is a loose canon and it is very easy to solicit for some kind of "wise words" that will prove to be the elites' advantages. Which GMS happily grant them the pleasure of doing so. Look a the topic of this tread which "incidentally" is the title of the article.

"NSP plays down prospects of party returning to SDA"

May I ask you then, did the media form the title after interview with GMS or the title was already formed before the interview and GMS was just a pawn to confirm it.

Likewise, why CNA invite GMS to speak regarding the NCMP issue? Was it because GMS is such an AUTHORITATIVE figure in the opposition to speak on behalf of the opposition? Why did not they invite Sylvia? The former being a more AUTHORITATIVE being a law lecturer, a former police senior officer, a much more better person in oratory skill, of all the possible candidates why GMS?

Simple, GMS was there as an intended projection of the quality of candidates opposition have. Bear in mind, it is not in the interest of the ruling elites to show case any of the opposition's best weapon. Instead GMS, the WEAKEST link, the one who was "always coincidentally misquoted by media MANY TIMES OVER" was invited to speak in CNA. Why? DO you seriously think the ruling elites is interested in GMS's view? Do you seriously think GMS holds a deciding stake in the opposition camp?

the answers are all in the CNA broadcast of GMS. however "valid" or "non-valid" the points GMS presented or "perceived" to be presented to the viewers are sadly not important.

But what the viewers saw are exactly what the ruling elites want the rest of Singaporeans to "see" through their myopic "political" sense:-

a. A primp and proper PAP MP versus a shabby looking opposition candidate/LEADER!!

b. A controlled, well pace oratory skill displayed by a PAP MP versus a hurried opposition candidate who cannot even enunciate his words correctly.

c. A well presented thoughts process displayed by the PAP MP versus a start-stop stuttering opposition "Secretary General" who often need injections and help from the show's presenter cum moderator to help him present his thoughts.

GMS is a political liability to the oppositions, sadly, as sincere and "honest" he can be, politics is not his cup of tea. either some kind opposition leaders take him under their wings or GMS go back to being arm chair critic/think-tank or NGOs.

Sylvia Lim's CNA

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OHfCBQbD77U?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OHfCBQbD77U?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Why invite Sylvia on this issue of election changes? Because now PAP is moving in parts "IN FAVOR" of oppositions and if Sylvia was to oppose it then the PAP will be able to use Sylvia's actions to show to the electorate that "oppositions" are not keen to have more "representations" in the parliament so that the electorate will view PAP's decision to be magnanimous and if Sylvia disagrees, then the electorate will view opposition with political skepticism.

Goh Meng Seng's CNA
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/or9x1GKozYA?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/or9x1GKozYA?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Sylvia was invited in 2009 while GMS in 2010 to speak in CNA.

We are no fools, why GMS was "sought" after to speak in CNA. He was not even a NCMP at that time. Cannot dismiss the possibility that this is political plot to cast shadows of "doubts" at the potential opposition candidates' qualities. If you ask the man on the streets, many would remember the poor oratory performance of GMS rather than the points that he brought into the program.

End of the day, again it is not in the favor of the ruling elites to provide a level playing field for all and they are not obliged to. And in this case, CNA is not obliged to further the "voices" of the opposition, instead to magnify the "sorry" state of oppositions.

ChaoPoodle, here's a carton of matchboxes for your muse. all finest spiders of all species!

Last edited: