• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

No mods for Original folder please

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
I know Raiders is doing a good job but he should be appointed in the Moderated forum not here.

Original folder is meant to have nothing censored, not even gory, face-cut pictures.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
1 thing I dun like in this section is too many repetitive threads, need someone to merge it. Other than that, should be ok 1

Last edited:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I know Raiders is doing a good job but he should be appointed in the Moderated forum not here.

Original folder is meant to have nothing censored, not even gory, face-cut pictures.

bro , why not you start a poll ? and see hows the outcome ? must be fair .

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Why a sinkie is being a moderator here?

There is a closed thread in this forum, the first one i have seen.

And the topic is not that offensive or harmful in any sense.

Just because the moderator think that is a rubbish thread and closed it, that is so narrow-minded.

He might think that is rubbish but not others.

This forum will be destroyed by this kind of moderation.

Just my thought.

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Why a sinkie is being a moderator here?

There is a closed thread in this forum, the first one i have seen.

And the topic is not that offensive or harmful in any sense.

Just because the moderator think that is a rubbish thread and closed it, that is so narrow-minded.

He might think that is rubbish but not others.

This forum will be destroyed by this kind of moderation.

Just my thought.

Such things should happen in the Moderated section whereas any movement by the mods in the Original folder is a no-no. We have a case where the Original Folder is overmoderated and the Moderated Folder is undermoderated.

MeeSiamGirl

Alfrescian
Loyal
No need, let the owners decide. I will appeal to common sense.

The people in this forum are so hard to please. Just like men. When you allow them to hold your hands, they want to kiss you next. When you let them kiss your lips, they want to fondle your body. When you say no, they throw tantrum and say you do not love them.....men....

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The people in this forum are so hard to please. Just like men. When you allow them to hold your hands, they want to kiss you next. When you let them kiss your lips, they want to fondle your body. When you say no, they throw tantrum and say you do not love them.....men....

hi there

1. gf, what are your views on your woman friends?

geylangchickenloyangduck

Alfrescian
Loyal

nah beh...i can prolly say the same about women loh...when they say no, they could mean yes. when they ask you if you think they are fat, answer wrong, dun answer also wrong.

if they hate you, they hate & rem you - guys? we either slug it out or dose it out over a couple of beers. No problems.

so tell me, who is more difficult to understand? Even woman cannot understand fellow woman.

MeeSiamGirl

Alfrescian
Loyal
nah beh...i can prolly say the same about women loh...when they say no, they could mean yes. when they ask you if you think they are fat, answer wrong, dun answer also wrong.

if they hate you, they hate & rem you - guys? we either slug it out or dose it out over a couple of beers. No problems.

so tell me, who is more difficult to understand? Even woman cannot understand fellow woman.

Thats why they say women are from Venus :p

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal

What you are saying here is that feedback should not exist. But I agree that once feedback is allowed, you can get two or more different and contradictory suggestions. No one is asking for a populist and my point is not about Raiders or mods but I would ask how on the whole it would work if the Moderated forum is less moderated than the Original folder. That is common sense.

exobay

Alfrescian
Loyal
What you are saying here is that feedback should not exist. But I agree that once feedback is allowed, you can get two or more different and contradictory suggestions. No one is asking for a populist and my point is not about Raiders or mods but I would ask how on the whole it would work if the Moderated forum is less moderated than the Original folder. That is common sense.

Since both are moderated, then the best thing is merged them together. There is no reason for there being 2 moderated folders. Anyway the moderated folder is more or less dead and it has 5 Mods? What is Sam thinking about putting 5 there as though there is a lot of work that 1 mod cannot do?

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Since both are moderated, then the best thing is merged them together. There is no reason for there being 2 moderated folders. Anyway the moderated folder is more or less dead and it has 5 Mods? What is Sam thinking about putting 5 there as though there is a lot of work that 1 mod cannot do?

Apart from singveld, the rest were chosen at random from a bunch who were active when the section was created. I knew it wouldn't thrive based on my experience with soc.culture.singapore.moderated. However, I'm quite happy with keeping the section. I use it to discuss my photography stuff with other enthusiasts there without the thread being drowned by the rowdiness that exists in this part of the world.

exobay

Alfrescian
Loyal
Apart from singveld, the rest were chosen at random from a bunch who were active when the section was created. I knew it wouldn't thrive based on my experience with soc.culture.singapore.moderated. However, I'm quite happy with keeping the section. I use it to discuss my photography stuff with other enthusiasts there without the thread being drowned by the rowdiness that exists in this part of the world.

You can just remove those that are no longer active leaving those 3 who are. 5 is just too many for one folder that it becomes quite frivolous.

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
I knew it wouldn't thrive based on my experience with soc.culture.singapore.moderated.

And then you had to appoint a mod for Original as well? How contradictory.

There should be no more than 3 mods for Moderated and none for Original. Too many mods mean most don't get to say anything at all. The whole arrangement is haywired. If I had IT skills and time, I would have done better. Unfortunately, I do not.

The kneejerks we have every now and then tells me this forum will close. Perhaps you plan to close this forum. That's fine.