• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

New Romance of 3 Kingdom serial drama is out

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So did Wei attack Shu again after Chibi? Jinhzhou in the end also end up with Wu.

Yes of course, where did Deng Ai come from? Anyway, before death of Zhuge Liang, Shu was always the aggressor. Solid base in Ba-shu, solid defence in Jingzhou to keep Wu at bay, then kept attacking Wei. That was Zhuge Liang strategy. A big victory would have forced an auto-surrender from Wu. But too bad, for many reasons and factors, that wasn't to be.

Shu started with the recruitment of Zhuge Liang and the winning of Jingzhou. It ended with the losing of Jingzhou by Guan Yu and the death of Zhuge Liang. Wei should just sit back and laugh. But their time was also over. Sima Yan happened to be at the right place at the right time.

Sperminator

Alfrescian
Loyal
Glad u like it Spermy :smile: Do lookout how Yi Zhong Tian compared Zhuge with Cao Cao in managing their own nation, episode 34 above.

For Cao Cao, his character is very broad and complex, Yi Zhong Tian said this kind of person are destined for greatness.

Dear Alamaking,

Thanks for your recommendations, I truly find that these seminars are a rare find. It does demystify many things, and acts as a good guide on the truth of RTK. Right now, I've just finished episode 3 of Professor Yi Zhong Tian's seminar, would be going through slowly of these treasures.

I really agree that intelligence, and wisdom of Cao Cao is of higher than most people of his time, and Cao Cao in his younger days deligently studies ART OF WAR, and MILITARY STRATEGY.

On episode 3, of Professor Yi Zhong Tian's seminar, he mentions that Cao Cao only wanted to be a Courtier with a small title of a General, however, at that time, 乱世时代, that pushed him to become 奸雄.

许劭 (Xu Shao) predicted that Cao Cao, when he was young, in his 20s, he could become a Courtier of average grade in time of peace, however, a 奸雄 (Cunning Hero), in times of turmoil, 乱世时代.

I really like this character Cao Cao, 可爱的奸雄, the probability of arriving at that kind of title is rather difficult, don't you think?

There was a line from Professor Yi Zhong Tian's seminar, that; Cao Cao love to laugh, and doesn't care the way he laughs, and Liu Bei only know how to cry.... hahaha... that's why I feel so disgusted about Liu Bei, truly an idiot.

I'll contribute what I've learnt from 易中天,教授(厦门大学). Thanks again Alamaking...

A discovery, Intelligence and Wisdom CAN be inculcated, Ambitions CAN be build upon, however, Characteristic and Tendencies are inborn.

knightriderz

Alfrescian
Loyal
Correct me if I'm wrong, wasn't San guo Zhi written by a historian during cao pi reign rte? So wud there nt b certain biasness on his part? Afterall history is e story of winners?

Wang Ye

Alfrescian
Loyal
Correct me if I'm wrong, wasn't San guo Zhi written by a historian during cao pi reign rte? So wud there nt b certain biasness on his part? Afterall history is e story of winners?

San Guo Zhi was written by Chen Shou a former Shu-Han official but it during the reign of Sima Yan. Strictly speaking there is always biasness when it comes to chinese history.

It is popularly believed that Chen Shou's family had issues with Zhuge Liang.

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I beg to differ, after Chibi battle, Cao Caoi never attack Wu again. Wu won YiLing Battle against Shu without Wei interfering.
I beg to differ also, if i am not mistaken, after Red Cliff, Cao Cao ever attack Wu again, see below...
remember the saying : '...非昔日吴下阿蒙!' ?

从破黄祖作先登,封横野中郎将。从围曹仁于南郡,并于濡须数御曹军,屡献奇计,累功拜庐江太守。在军旅之时,在孙权的劝说下发愤读书,深为孙权、鲁肃所依 赖。后进占荆南三郡,计擒郝普,于合淝战奋勇抵抗魏军追袭,以功除左护 军虎威将军

三<wbr>国<wbr>志<wbr>

吕蒙,字子明,汝南富陂人,三国时东吴名 将。于孙权广纳人才时投到东吴麾下,从破黄祖,吕蒙奋勇先登,亲斩敌将陈就。后于濡须口从拒曹操,吕蒙独具战略眼光, 力排众论,卒破取皖 城太守朱 光。后来吕蒙接任鲁肃之职,镇守陆口,其名声之响,连向来骄矜的关羽也不敢有所轻忽。为了成功袭取荆州,吕蒙连同孙权、陆逊一起筹略,设伏用奇, 击败关羽,擒其父子,立下大功。但在君臣庆功之时,吕蒙却因被关羽阴魂索命而死,亡年四十三岁。

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

陈寿(233–297) - I believed its around 50-60 years after the 3 kingdoms era, Liu Bei died in 221.
裴松之 (372- 451)

Yeah... he's from Wei, LOL :biggrin::biggrin:

Wang Ye

Alfrescian
Loyal
I beg to differ, after Chibi battle, Cao Caoi never attack Wu again. Wu won YiLing Battle against Shu without Wei interfering.

Wrong. Cao Cao and Sun Quan did cross swords again at the battle of Ruxu.
Whereby Cao Cao dreamt of a sun arising from the waters and landed ontop of a hill. The next day he saw Sun Quan inspection his troops on a hill and Cao Cao remarked "One should have a son like Sun Zhongmo."

The battle ended when there was an outbreak of diease and Sun Quan sent him a letter advising him to withdraw or suffer another Chibi. Behind the letter Sun Quan added "So long as you live, I will never be at peace." Cao Cao laughed and agreed to a truce but Sun Quan had to withdraw first.

Wang Ye

Alfrescian
Loyal
陈寿(233–297) - I believed its around 50-60 years after the 3 kingdoms era, Liu Bei died in 221.
裴松之 (372- 451)

Yeah... he's from Wei, LOL :biggrin::biggrin:

Thsk He was only a Wei official for 2 years (Caowei ended in 265) :biggrin: The rest of his career was as a Jin official. :p

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes of course, where did Deng Ai come from? Anyway, before death of Zhuge Liang, Shu was always the aggressor. Solid base in Ba-shu, solid defence in Jingzhou to keep Wu at bay, then kept attacking Wei. That was Zhuge Liang strategy. A big victory would have forced an auto-surrender from Wu. But too bad, for many reasons and factors, that wasn't to be.

Shu started with the recruitment of Zhuge Liang and the winning of Jingzhou. It ended with the losing of Jingzhou by Guan Yu and the death of Zhuge Liang. Wei should just sit back and laugh. But their time was also over. Sima Yan happened to be at the right place at the right time.
Ok, i should be more specific, i should say Cao Cao never attack Wu again till he dies. Yes there were battles, but mostly skirmishes, the next big battle (223) between Wei and Shu was after Cao Pi is in reign, which ended up in defeat also. Thats 15 years of threats gone after Chibi Battle (208), and most importantly it shattered Cao Cao's dream of unifying China.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wrong. Cao Cao and Sun Quan did cross swords again at the battle of Ruxu.
Whereby Cao Cao dreamt of a sun arising from the waters and landed ontop of a hill. The next day he saw Sun Quan inspection his troops on a hill and Cao Cao remarked "One should have a son like Sun Zhongmo."

The battle ended when there was an outbreak of diease and Sun Quan sent him a letter advising him to withdraw or suffer another Chibi. Behind the letter Sun Quan added "So long as you live, I will never be at peace." Cao Cao laughed and agreed to a truce but Sun Quan had to withdraw first.
Orh, i should check on that incident, thanks Wang Ye :smile::smile:

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There was a line from Professor Yi Zhong Tian's seminar, that; Cao Cao love to laugh, and doesn't care the way he laughs, and Liu Bei only know how to cry.... hahaha... that's why I feel so disgusted about Liu Bei, truly an idiot.

I'll contribute what I've learnt from 易中天,教授(厦门大学). Thanks again Alamaking...

A discovery, Intelligence and Wisdom CAN be inculcated, Ambitions CAN be build upon, however, Characteristic and Tendencies are inborn.
Hehehe.. you are most welcome lah Spermy :p:p:p

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Any local shop now selling the new 3 kingdom series? I don't want to download from internet, too troublesome and lengthy.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Episode 42, Chibi Battle

So disappointing, low budget scene, lol
The student who's talking to Zhuge is 马谡字幼常

Zhuge's 100k arrows, borrow east wind scenes are disgusting to watch, LOL