• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

New Romance of 3 Kingdom serial drama is out

Wang Ye

Alfrescian
Loyal
CSJ is obviously Yuan Shao. Capable of reducing large terrorities and armies under himself to next to nothing. I don't think that Singapore had or could produce anyone anywhere close to smelling Lu Bu's boots, not under the GKS crap NS system and YNH crap elite paper colonel and general system.

More like Mi Heng if you ask me.

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There is no comparison of 3 kingdoms to local context when 2 party system is still a fantasy.

Personalities maybe can relate to who has those characteristics...

I nominate Prataman to be 'Ah Dou'. 2nd choice is : Lim Sia Suay :biggrin:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There is no comparison of 3 kingdoms to local context when 2 party system is still a fantasy.

Yeah, just a fantasy joke.

Personalities maybe can relate to who has those characteristics...

I nominate Prataman to be 'Ah Dou'. 2nd choice is : Lim Sia Suay :biggrin:

Lim Swee Say is at best Jiang Gan, uptide the downtide.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ehh please lah, can we leave political thingie out of this thread? outside got a lot liao leh -_-"

Three-Kingdom is all about politics. What we can learn from history in politics. How not to talk about politics when Three-Kingdom is involved?

Maximilian Chua-Heng

Alfrescian
Loyal
Watching Ep 36.

Seems like production crew cutting cost, omitting several battle scenes ever since Kongming came on, maybe saving it for the Battle of Chi Bi.

Do I need to include a spolier alert in my postings? :rolleyes::biggrin:

Maximilian Chua-Heng

Alfrescian
Loyal
Watching Ep 37...

Zhuge Liang is protrayed as a pragmatic, scheming person to take Jing Zhou and at times don't see eye to eye with Liu Bei, who's so full of his ren and yi. Read: By his moral standards, Subok will not like this protrayal of Kongming. :eek:

I admire Liu Bei for his consistency (foolhardy almost) on his ren/yi stance, virtually the anti-thesis of Cao Cao.

Afterall this is 逐鹿中原, not fun and games, it's survival of the fittest. Who fits in with the times, who wins.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Watched 38 liao, I agree they rushed the scenes after Zhuge appeared. Didnt expect Chibi Battle coming so soon -_-". The actor acting Cao Cao is very good, though i find a bit witty at times (the 2 scenes he scolded Xu Chu who killed Xu You and nearly kill Diao Chan), quite funny :p:p

Maximilian Chua-Heng

Alfrescian
Loyal
The un-deifying of Zhuge Liang by the production team, in this San Guo is a disappointment for me.

隆中对, 孔明初试啼声 are too hastily done. Fail!

And now they are deifying Lu Su before the battle of ChiBi!?

Oh boy, Subok u better avoid watching this new San Guo if not u sure kena cognitive dissonance one. :biggrin:

Sperminator

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks to Alamaking's introduction of :

http://www.tudou.com/playlist/playindex.do?lid=8349636

易中天品三国01-59大江东去

原来,曹操的却是个英雄,他不是个普通的英雄,但是个"可爱的奸雄"

And in reflection, Cao Cao's personality is the most complex of them all.

He is like a mix of GOOD & EVIL inside him... and sort of resembles DARTH VADER... a mix of GOOD & EVIL.

Nevertheless, I personally do like this sort of personality, as they truly do not need the approval of others... Cao Cao is Cao Cao, in the new serial RTK, in the first few chapters, you'll see that when people tell Cao Cao that he shouldn't do this, shouldn't do that... his reply was, "I do not mind how other's view me, Cao Cao will always be Cao Cao"

This is something I think is valueable.

Cao Cao is full of Confidence of himself, and is fully comfortable of himself...

Something I admire.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Glad u like it Spermy :smile: Do lookout how Yi Zhong Tian compared Zhuge with Cao Cao in managing their own nation, episode 34 above.

For Cao Cao, his character is very broad and complex, Yi Zhong Tian said this kind of person are destined for greatness.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
And now they are deifying Lu Su before the battle of ChiBi!?

The result of Chi Bi showed clearly who's the master of the plot. Lu Su, Zhou Yu and Sun Quan gained nothing except holding on to original Wu boundary with huge costs and casualties. Zhuge Liang crafted out a state out of nothing for Liu Bei. Deify or not, doesn't matter. History speaks.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I just realized they skipped 2 major incidents before Chibi Battles

1) Guo Jia agressive expansion of Wei territory, never show he died already
2) Jia Xu not featured at all, damn pissed

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The result of Chi Bi showed clearly who's the master of the plot. Lu Su, Zhou Yu and Sun Quan gained nothing except holding on to original Wu boundary with huge costs and casualties. Zhuge Liang crafted out a state out of nothing for Liu Bei. Deify or not, doesn't matter. History speaks.
I beg to differ, after Chibi battle, Cao Caoi never attack Wu again. Wu won YiLing Battle against Shu without Wei interfering.

Maximilian Chua-Heng

Alfrescian
Loyal

History speaks yes, but this is entertainment.

The un-deifying of Kongming and the unmaking of his proverbial sidekick Lu Su, do not make great San Guo TV.

It's no harm seeing things from fresh perspectives but humanising Kongming? Read: Bad TV drama producer.

I am strictly speaking from an entertainment point of view, not historical.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I beg to differ, after Chibi battle, Wei never attack Wu again. Wu won YiLing Battle against Shu without Wei interfering.

Look at your map again. With Shu straddling Jing Zhou, how could Wei attack Wu without attacking Shu first.

Yi Ling was a Liu Bei folly as usual, since when he could win any battle without advice and commanding alone?

Ba-Shu was mainly defended by terrain and the two main forces were always out, one in Jingzhou and one kept attacking Wei.

After the death of Zhuge Liang, Deng Ai managed to overcome the terrain barrier and took Chengdu. It was soon followed by Wu auto-surrender cause it also became no longer defensible.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Look at your map again. With Shu straddling Jing Zhou, how could Wei attack Wu without attacking Shu first.

Yi Ling was a Liu Bei folly as usual, since when he could win any battle without advice and commanding alone?

Ba-Shu was mainly defended by terrain and the two main forces were always out, one in Jingzhou and one kept attacking Wei.

After the death of Zhuge Liang, Deng Ai managed to overcome the terrain barrier and took Chengdu. It was soon followed by Wu auto-surrender cause it also became no longer defensible.
So did Wei attack Shu again after Chibi? Jinhzhou in the end also end up with Wu,
Yes, Wei in the end crushed Shu, but how many years after Chibi?