• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Manchester United Season 2009-10

Wayne Piew

Alfrescian
Loyal
CSKA Moscow 0 Manchester United 1

A great performance in a tough away game.
Man United are as good as through to the knock-out rounds.
Undefeated in 14 European away games is some record
and something Sir Alex can be very proud of.

Bring on that Fat Spanish Waiter
and his sorry bunch of losers
this coming SUNDAY at Anfailed!!

Wayne Piew

Alfrescian
Loyal
Prediction time

Loserpool 1 Manchester United 2

Owen to score the winner,
with a RED beach ball getting the assist.:p
Gerrard and Torres will
hand in transfer request Mon morning.
Fat Spanish waiter will declare
he needs another 5 years
and another 200 mil pounds
to bring the league title
to ANFAILED!!

Wayne Piew

Alfrescian
Loyal
Loserpool had a 12th man last night.
One of the worst refereeing performances i've ever seen.
The ridiculous amount of fouls
DIRTY carragher and mascherano were conceding held up
any kind flow of the game Man Utd could have had.
How did Carragher not get sent off
for the foul on Owen is beyond belief?
Three bloody losses in a row
to those LoserFools!!

The only sliver lining is that the referee have just saved
That Fat Spanish's job
which means they won't win any trophy this season with him.:smile:

Wayne Piew

Alfrescian
Loyal
Alex Ferguson attacks Anfield ref Andre Marriner after Liverpool defeat

Sir Alex Ferguson believes his Manchester United side did not get a fair crack of the whip from referee Andre Marriner at Anfield.

Nemanja Vidic was sent off for two yellow cards and Ferguson questioned a number of the official's decisions as they slumped to their first defeat in 12 games in all competitions as Liverpool triumphed 2-0.

Goals from Fernando Torres and David Ngog ended Liverpool's run of four successive losses and eased the pressure on manager Rafael Benitez.

He claimed that Marriner was swayed by the home crowd.

He felt Vidic was unlucky to be red-carded, that home defender Jamie Carragher should have been dismissed and Michael Carrick was denied a penalty.

Ferguson said: "It is very difficult atmosphere here. There was a wounded animal aspect to the game and it was something we did not overcome.

"I think it affected our players and it affected the referee. There were so many controversial things that happened we have to feel aggrieved at some of them.

"The Vidic booking was the worst decision. It is a foul, fine. But the player has played on, he won the second ball and knocked it for a throw in and got booked. It put Nemanja under pressure.

"The most controversial decision was Carragher bringing down Michael Owen. He was clear through.
"The laws of the game were altered to prevent professional fouls of that nature and if Carragher goes off, he is their best player and their captain. It would have been a different game. They would have been under pressure.

"The referee was only four or five yards from it and he cannot use a covering defender as an excuse. Michael was clean through. With Michael's pace he is going to get away from him."

Ferguson was also incensed United were not awarded a spot-kick for a Carragher challenge on Michael Carrick.
"He has gone right over the top of the ball, " said the United boss. "If it is outside of the box it is a free-kick and maybe a yellow card.

"But it was inside the box and the referee was only six yards from it. It was another bad decision."

He added: "Part of the challenge is to get over disappointments. Last season we lost at home 4-1 to Liverpool which was a travesty but we went on to win the league."

Glaringly

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
I am really disappointed with ManU this season, granted they are still trying to re-organize their play without Ronado. I think United should drop the wingers altogether, Nani and Valencia NoCanDo for me, they just aren't effective and the link play from them and the midfield seems to be missing leaving Rooney and Berbatov isolated.

Arsenal, Chelsea has change their formation this season and they looks good. Perhaps United should adopt either the diamond or 4-3-3. And use wing back to bomb forward.

Would actually like to see the diamond, where united can play Rooney, Owen upfront with Berbatov at the tip. And the rest with Giggs, Park, Anderson, Flecther, Carrick, Scholes. Nani and Valencia should be use sparingly, only in certain situation.

My 2 cents.

jw5

Loyal
I am really disappointed with ManU this season, granted they are still trying to re-organize their play without Ronado. I think United should drop the wingers altogether, Nani and Valencia NoCanDo for me, they just aren't effective and the link play from them and the midfield seems to be missing leaving Rooney and Berbatov isolated.

Arsenal, Chelsea has change their formation this season and they looks good. Perhaps United should adopt either the diamond or 4-3-3. And use wing back to bomb forward.

Would actually like to see the diamond, where united can play Rooney, Owen upfront with Berbatov at the tip. And the rest with Giggs, Park, Anderson, Flecther, Carrick, Scholes. Nani and Valencia should be use sparingly, only in certain situation.

My 2 cents.
They can play the wingers, but only in a 4-3-3 formation with Berbatov or Rooney as the sole striker. Nani can be very creative and he always looks dangerous when playing for Portugal, but somehow is very inconsistent when playing for United. Valencia is very good at getting to the byline and putting in crosses. Berbatov is an excellent lone striker or an excellent "link man", with his shielding of the ball and flicks and intelligence. We have to accept that he is neither a prolific goalscorer or a workhorse. He can play very well with Owen, who must have a partner upfront.
Giggs is still very fit and creative, but I think Scholes' best days are behind him. Still capable of great passes and shots, but he can't seem to keep up with the play at the highest level.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Someone finally caught up with that 'dirty' Carragher and gave him a long overdue reward- RED card!!!!!!!

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
They can play the wingers, but only in a 4-3-3 formation with Berbatov or Rooney as the sole striker. Nani can be very creative and he always looks dangerous when playing for Portugal, but somehow is very inconsistent when playing for United. Valencia is very good at getting to the byline and putting in crosses. Berbatov is an excellent lone striker or an excellent "link man", with his shielding of the ball and flicks and intelligence. We have to accept that he is neither a prolific goalscorer or a workhorse. He can play very well with Owen, who must have a partner upfront.
Giggs is still very fit and creative, but I think Scholes' best days are behind him. Still capable of great passes and shots, but he can't seem to keep up with the play at the highest level.

Nani could be on the way out as early as January. Maybe that is the reason why Portugal struggled to qualify for WC finals in the first place.
I have to disagree with you on Berba. United splashed 30 million pounds on a striker to score. No amount of shielding or flicks is going to help our cause if doesn't take the chances presented to him. We dun need another Andy Cole.

I agree Valencia is useful and United should confine Scholes to Carling Cup football.

The best result over the weekend wasn't Pools lost to Fulham. It was the amazing comeback by Napoli against title contenders Juventus in the Italian league-from 2-0 t0 2-3.

jw5

Loyal
Nani could be on the way out as early as January. Maybe that is the reason why Portugal struggled to qualify for WC finals in the first place.
I have to disagree with you on Berba. United splashed 30 million pounds on a striker to score. No amount of shielding or flicks is going to help our cause if doesn't take the chances presented to him. We dun need another Andy Cole.

I agree Valencia is useful and United should confine Scholes to Carling Cup football.

The best result over the weekend wasn't Pools lost to Fulham. It was the amazing comeback by Napoli against title contenders Juventus in the Italian league-from 2-0 t0 2-3.
I think Fergie will let Nani, Valencia, Obertan and Tosic fight it out to become the next great Man Utd winger. None of them can claim to be the successor to Ronaldo or even Giggs, but anyone of them could eventually. He paid 17 mil pounds for Nani, nobody currently will let him recoup even half of that.
We don't disagree on Berbatov. I fully agree that he was bought to score goals and he should be scoring more. But the fact is that he isn't and probably won't. So he should be used in the best way he can contribute. He is a quality player as proven by his goal against Blackburn and some of his link-up play. Ubnfortunately, he doesn't produce "quality play" often enough and is often seen to be complaining when the play breaks down.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think Fergie will let Nani, Valencia, Obertan and Tosic fight it out to become the next great Man Utd winger. None of them can claim to be the successor to Ronaldo or even Giggs, but anyone of them could eventually. He paid 17 mil pounds for Nani, nobody currently will let him recoup even half of that.
We don't disagree on Berbatov. I fully agree that he was bought to score goals and he should be scoring more. But the fact is that he isn't and probably won't. So he should be used in the best way he can contribute. He is a quality player as proven by his goal against Blackburn and some of his link-up play. Ubnfortunately, he doesn't produce "quality play" often enough and is often seen to be complaining when the play breaks down.

Nani was given the green light to talk to potential suitors before the season started as he wanted to play regularly. We were unlucky when he informed the club that he would prefer to fight for a place in the first 11.This was reported in soccernet.com. My guess is United is willing to cut their losses on this player.
On the subject of Berba, he has some striking similarities with the 'legendary' Andy Cole. Both players top scored for their respective clubs before moving to OT and Ferguson paid record amounts for their services. The only striker Fergie acquired that proved to be a massive asset to the club was RVN. They even made a profit when they sold him to REAL.
I haven't seen much of Tosic but Obertan impressed me so much that I fell off my chair when he ran the ball out of play. Bwahaha...Seriously, he's one for the future.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Barcelona In Shock £85m Swoop For Manchester United Star Wayne Rooney - Report
The England striker appears to have impressed the Catalan side.....

Barcelona are preparing to launch a world record £85 million raid for Manchester United's superstar striker Wayne Rooney, according to the News of the World.

The tabloid claims that the Camp Nou board hopes to exploit the Red Devils' financial concerns in order to top Real Madrid's £80m purchase of Cristiano Ronaldo last season.

Sir Alex Ferguson is yet to reinvest the money brought in from his Portuguese protege's departure, and it is thought that the Old Trafford club's debts are preventing him from doing so.

Meanwhile, with Rooney set to enter the 2010 World Cup as England's marquee player, Barca believe his arrival next summer would be just the marketing leveller needed after Los Galacticos output in the last transfer window.

However, the Spanish giants are aware of the difficulties in orchestrating such a signing - the main problem being that the player himself has often expressed his desire to remain at United for the rest of his career.

Furthermore, the 24-year-old's wife, Colleen, recently gave birth to the pair's first child, and so he would be naturally wary of destabilising his young family by moving abroad.

Goal.com UK

jw5

Loyal
The only way that Man Utd will have a chance against Chelsea tonight is to crowd the midfield.
My suggested line up would be:
VDS in goal , O'Shea, Evra, Vidic, Evans in defence, Anderson, Fletcher and Carrick in central midfield, Rooney on the left, Valencia on the right and Berbatov upfront.
Remember his "masterclass" performances for Spurs and Leverkusen when he played as the lone striker?
Subs: Foster, Brown, Neville, Giggs, Scholes, Nani, Owen.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
The only way that Man Utd will have a chance against Chelsea tonight is to crowd the midfield.
My suggested line up would be:
VDS in goal , O'Shea, Evra, Vidic, Evans in defence, Anderson, Fletcher and Carrick in central midfield, Rooney on the left, Valencia on the right and Berbatov upfront.
Remember his "masterclass" performances for Spurs and Leverkusen when he played as the lone striker?
Subs: Foster, Brown, Neville, Giggs, Scholes, Nani, Owen.

Kudos to you bro. I think Fergie read your post. They did just that but in a game that was destined to be tight till the final whistle, Fergie forgot to tell the players not to commit fouls within their half.
Chelsea was all along looking for a set piece winner. After all they mastered the art of scoring from set pieces when Mourinho was in charge. Well. that's football.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Chelsea 1 Manchester United 0. Manchester United's season in EPL is as over as Liverpool's. Only ECL to look forward to.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
..Manchester United's season in EPL is as over as Liverpool's. Only ECL to look forward to.
5 pts gap is uphill. MU has been stuttering so far. And any poor run up in xmas/new year stretch, may mean a bridge too far. Cannot hope for contenders to falter, destiny is largely in own team's hands

Good spirited play and possession by red devils (consolation) but doesn't win games. No goal finish despite some pot shots.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chelsea 1 Manchester United 0. Manchester United's season in EPL is as over as Liverpool's. Only ECL to look forward to.

It's far from over. Utd have to win their home ties against Chelsea and Pool. It will be all square if that happens. They MUST avoid losing points against the lower tier teams.

All 4 are still in contention. The team that produces the best run in the final third of the season will win it.