• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Manchester United Season 2009-10

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
You can't keep a good man (yours truly)
or a good team like Man Utd down for long.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Victory gave Alex Ferguson a comfortable win in his 900th league match as United manager.

Ferguson told Sky Sports. "Wolves had their second string out which wasn't surprising given they've got Burnley on Sunday. We took a long time to get going but once we got (the first) goal we were comfortable."

hee hee...

very chun har..

lose 1-0 to villa then u MIA..

win 3-0 vs wolves reserves u straightaway come blow trumpet liao...

:biggrin:

Wayne Piew

Alfrescian
Loyal
Champions League 2nd round Draws:

Stuttgart vs Barcelona
Olympiakos vs Bordeaux
Inter Milan vs Chelsea
Bayern vs Fiorentina
CSKA Moscow vs Sevilla
Lyon vs Real Madrid
Porto vs Arsenal
A.C. Milan vs Manchester United

It should be no problem for Man Utd to get past AC Milan
as AC Milan are not the side they use to be.
This will be a 2nd coming for both
Beckham and Maureeno
as thet return to their old stomping grounds.
Bloody ArseWipe got the easiest draw
among the Englsih clubs.:mad:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No use for Arsenal to get an "easy" opponent this round. They don't look like anything capable of passing quarter-final. Anyway, I don't think that Porto is that "easy".

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Would have made good money if anyone had taken Fulham to win. Nightmare at craven cottage continues with a good whipping. Can't see United winning any silverware this season. Alas the truth is out.

Glaringly

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Alex selection this season is puzzling.

Out of 5 forward regulars last season that won the championship, Ronaldo, Rooney, Tevez, Berbatov, Park, 2 left, and the other 2 rarely features ?:confused:

I give him the benefit of the doubt to find the right combo, but we are close to mid-season and no end in sight.

With the defense in shambles now, and still rotating, this season doesn't looks good for MU.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Alex selection this season is puzzling.

Out of 5 forward regulars last season that won the championship, Ronaldo, Rooney, Tevez, Berbatov, Park, 2 left, and the other 2 rarely features ?:confused:

I give him the benefit of the doubt to find the right combo, but we are close to mid-season and no end in sight.

With the defense in shambles now, and still rotating, this season doesn't looks good for MU.

Berba was on the bench for the last 2 games after recovering from an injury. Park was lost for speed against Wolfsburg and I think he could be injured.

Injuries aside, you are right about the puzzling selection. I thot he should have VDS back to command a makeshift defence becos at times Carrick and Fletcher appear bewildered.

The front line is just as shambolic. Valencia has a habit of holding on to the ball for far too long and against Fulham, he hardly made any effort to help in defence especially in the first half. Probably got a roasting from SAF @ half time.

I am looking for games to bet against United. They are just not the same without Ron.:mad:

Glaringly

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Good that Nani is drop, other then the occasional flair, he is terrible.

There are many games this season that both Park and Berbatov did not play, and you can see there's no one around to pull the string from midfield to feed Rooney properly. Many times, Rooney is frustrated and drop deep to get the ball. Scholes, Carrick, Fletcher, Gibson are passer and tackler but are unable to hold possesion and therefore we see this season they are relying on Nani and Valencia to cross.

Valencia have at least improve, his first 10 games were really awful.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Where is Wayne Piew? everytime Man U lose, he disappear LOL

No need to play liao, this year is Chelsea's year, congrats to them :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal

No need to play liao, this year is Chelsea's year, congrats to them :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

obvious lah that guy...

he will appear again after the next manu victory.. now too paiseh to come.. but u can always find him in the liverpool thread taunting them..:biggrin:

Wayne Piew

Alfrescian
Loyal

obvious lah that guy...

he will appear again after the next manu victory.. now too paiseh to come.. but u can always find him in the liverpool thread taunting them..:biggrin:

Early Monday morning, so many ppl looking for me,
that's why so suay, never strike 4D over the weekend.:(
Anyway, your guys here have to face facts,
Man Utd have too many injuries
in defence to cope with.
I think this is a slump they are going through
and they always recovered and start
to go on an amazing run come Jan/Feb 2010.
In life, you can't always be win-win-win all the time,
unless you join the PAP or your name is LKY.
Look at Chelski, can't take advantage,
dropping pts like WLs dropping
their G-String at Geylang.:eek:
Still plenty of games and pts to play for,
with Chelski's key players are out in the African Cup of Nations in Jan,
the true picture will be clearer in Feb.

Wayne Piew

Alfrescian
Loyal
Would have made good money if anyone had taken Fulham to win. Nightmare at craven cottage continues with a good whipping. Can't see United winning any silverware this season. Alas the truth is out.

I hold you to that unwise statement.
Better don't AWOL in May 2010,
like some dipsticks here accuse me of,
everytime Mau Utd lost.:rolleyes:

G

General Veers

Now let me kick you

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="560"><tbody><tr><td colspan="2" valign="top" width="550">NOW LET ME KICK YOU <!-- TITLE : end--> <!--
PATRICE Evra is looking forward to playing against former Old Trafford hero David Beckham after Manchester United were drawn against AC Milan in the Champions League. --> </td> </tr> <tr></tr><tr> <td colspan="2" align="left" valign="top" width="550"> <table> <tbody><tr> <td> <table> <tbody><tr><td class="content_subtitle">
</td> </tr> <tr><td class="content_subtitle" align="left"> Mon, Dec 21, 2009
The New Paper </td> </tr> </tbody></table> </td> <td align="right" width="400"> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr> <td align="right" valign="top">
but_printfriendly.gif
</td> <td height="15">
blank.gif
</td> <td align="right" valign="top"> <form action="emailToFriend.jsp" method="POST" name="emailToFriendForm"> <input name="emailToFriendPageURL" value="/vgn-ext-templating/asiaone/emailToFriend.jsp?vgnextoid=c5ff626002ea5210VgnVCM100000430a0a0aRCRD&vgnextchannel=f6dbadbd2b722110VgnVCM100000bd0a0a0aRCRD" type="hidden"> <input name="emailToFriendStoryLink" value="http://www.asiaone.com/News/The%2BNew%2BPaper/Story/A1Story20091221-187138.html" type="hidden">
but_email.gif
</form> <script> function openEmailA1AdminWindow(emailToFriendForm) { var emailToFriendPageURL = emailToFriendForm.emailToFriendPageURL.value; emailToFriendForm.action = emailToFriendPageURL; emailToFriendForm.target="_blank"; emailToFriendForm.submit(); } </script> </td> </tr> </tbody></table> </td><td>
</td></tr> </tbody></table> </td> </tr> <tr><td colspan="3" class="bodytext_10pt"> <!-- CONTENT : start -->

PATRICE Evra is looking forward to playing against former Old Trafford hero David Beckham after Manchester United were drawn against AC Milan in the Champions League. England midfielder Beckham, who made his name with United, is set to begin his second loan spell with Italian giants Milan from US Major League Soccer side the Los Angeles Galaxy next month. Beckham won the Champions League with United in 1999 before moving to Real Madrid four years later.

'I am happy for David Beckham because he did a lot for United and I know he wanted to play again at Old Trafford,' said France international defender Evra following Friday's draw for the last-16. 'I will say 'welcome home' to him but I will make sure he doesn't have an easy game! I will kick him if I have to. 'I like him because I have met him and he is a good person, a real gentleman.'He's a professional and that is why Milan wanted him. 'I'm sure all his old team-mates who are still here are looking forward to welcoming him back.' Evra added: 'But I'm looking forward more to playing against Milan rather than just Beckham, because Milan are much more than one man.

Bad memories

As well as wanting to go up against Beckham, Evra was equally keen to banish the memory of United's 2007 semi-final loss to Milan when the Italian side won 5-3 on aggregate. 'I remember it was a very frustrating tie. We won 3-2 at home but we didn't play very well. In the second game I was suspended and watched it on TV.'It was very difficult to see my team lose 3-0 in that way, but after that game we had more experience and we won the Champions League (beating English rivals Chelsea on penalties in the Moscow final) the next year.' Meanwhile veteran United manager Sir Alex Ferguson was delighted to be pitting his wits against Milan once again. 'We've come up against AC Milan many times in the quarter- and semi-finals so it'll be a fantastic setting for two great clubs,' he said. Ferguson added the memory of last season's tame loss to Barcelona will inspire United this term. 'What's important is that we lost the last final. It was the first time I'd ever lost a European final.'We know where we went wrong in that, it's quite simple, and I think they'll all want to get back to the final. 'It does that for you. Winning was great in Moscow, but in some ways losing in the final was even better for us in terms of you realise what a big occasion it is because you're not part of the celebrations.' United goalkeeper Edwin van der Sar and the club's first-choice back-four have all been sidelined by injuries so far this season.

Van der Sar has been sent back to his native Holland for treatment to his knee injury and is set to be out of action for a further two weeks, missing the busy Christmas period. Ferguson, who hopes to have him back in time for the first leg away to Milan on 16 Feb, said the Dutchman's experience is an invaluable asset. 'Van der Sar is unbelievable. His composure, organisational abilities, the control of the people in front of him...he's a hell of a presence,' said Sir Alex. 'Tomasz Kuszczak is 27 now but he hasn't had a great deal of first-team football in the Premier League. 'The same with Ben Foster. You miss the composure that Edwin van der Sar brings. 'But on the positive side, Kuszczak has been fantastic. 'At Portsmouth he made three fantastic saves at a time when we needed the saves, so he's playing his part.'
AFP

</td></tr></tbody></table>

Himerus

Alfrescian
Loyal
i punting a bit on MU to win and beat the handicapped even though i am an Reds.
hope they will not disappoint me like Liverpool.

jw5

Loyal
i punting a bit on MU to win and beat the handicapped even though i am an Reds.
hope they will not disappoint me like Liverpool.
Is the Man U handicap against Hull -1.5 or -2.5?
Did you bet on Liverpool against Wolves?
Do you normally bet on the handicap (which doesn't pay very much) or on total goals or halftime fulltime which pays better but is damn hard to win?
Happy betting! :smile:

CNY_OX09

Alfrescian
Loyal
MU is now just 2 pts less than Chelsea.
and from this period onward,is where MU normally went to form.
but this sesaon,it is more open,almost all the top teams lost by about 4-5 matches each already.

Wayne Piew

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hull 1 - 3 Man Utd

Now only two points behind stuttering Chelski,
with the african nations coming up.

A win against Wigan and hope that
Chelski cock up again against Fulham
100% chance that Man Utd could go into the New Year
top of the table.
After losing five games and not having a defence for the whole of December.
That's what i call a class act!!

This could be a HAPPY 'record-breaking 19th title' NEW YEAR after all!!

Last edited:

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
top of the table.
Irony of it all, 2 weekend disasters, and thank goodness chelskis faltered

I'll give it to you, you the very true red devil:p

BlueCat

Alfrescian
Loyal
MU should have no problem beating Wigan,this coming Thursday.
oh yes,he is one hardcord Red Devils,always going around poking other fans.

December onwards is normally where MU really go into the super gear. With the return of those regular defenders,MU should really take advantage of Chelsea's key players not available due to African's Nation Cup.
But beware of the Gunners,they are also slowing charting win after win.

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hull 1 - 3 Man Utd

top of the table.

This could be a HAPPY 'record-breaking 19th title' NEW YEAR after all!!

100% chance that Manure will NOT top the table by new year..

what say u huh:biggrin:

G

General Veers

Van der Sar granted leave after wife collapses

Van der Sar granted leave after wife collapses

afp.gif
<cite>

AFP - <abbr class="timedate" title="Wednesday, December 30">Wednesday, December 30</abbr></cite>

467886008-van-der-sar-granted-leave-after-wife-collapses.jpg
<cite class="caption">

Manchester United's Dutch goalkeeper Edwin van der Sar speaks during a press conference at Old Trafford in Manchester, north-west England, in April. Van der Sar has been granted indefinite compassionate leave after his wife suffered a brain haemorrhage, according to manager Sir Alex Ferguson.
</cite>
MANCHESTER (AFP) - – Manchester United goalkeeper Edwin van der Sar has been granted indefinite compassionate leave after his wife suffered a brain haemorrhage, according to manager Sir Alex Ferguson. The 39-year-old former Dutch international, who has been absent since last month's win over Everton with a knee injury, is still regarded as United's number one choice goalkeeper ahead of Thomas Kuszack and Ben Foster when he is fit. Van de Sar had returned to the Netherlands over the festive period to receive treatment from the national team doctor. But his 36-year-old wife Annemarie van Kesteren collapsed last Wednesday as Van der Sar and his young family were preparing to celebrate Christmas and the goalkeeper has been granted permission to stay away from Manchester. Ferguson said: "Annemarie had a problem over in Holland a week ago and has been admitted to hospital. That is the best place for her to be. They have examined her twice and are trying to get to the root of it.

"I have told Edwin to stay over there. There is no point in him being here. The best thing is for him to be with his wife. Hopefully she will make a good recovery." On the footballing front, Ferguson is convinced that although his side and league leaders Chelsea are seen as the two dominant sides in the Premier League, teams much lower down the table will still believes they have a chance of winning the title this season. If United beat Wigan on Wednesday, they will close the gap on Chelsea to just two points and only 10 points separate the top five sides. "It is so tight, when you see it grouped up like that, even teams as low as eighth will think 'maybe we can do it this year' and football is like that," Ferguson added. "It gives you an optimism that might not be realistic but you should be optimistic about your chances. "It is that kind of league at the moment which has been lacking a consistent team that can win a few on a row." When United last played Wigan in August, they comprehensively outclassed the Lancashire side to win 5-0 at the DW Stadium.

Yet Wigan have beaten Aston Villa and Chelsea this season to underline that they are a stronger side than their lowly league position of 15th suggests and Ferguson is determined not to underestimate Wednesday's visitors to Old Trafford. "I know we have a good record against Wigan but you have to respect the victories they've had against Chelsea and Aston Villa this season and they play football. "That's the way (manager) Roberto Martinez wants his team to play. He's got a good philosophy so it should be an entertaining match. I'm pleased we've got centre backs back and it makes a difference for us." United have indeed been buoyed by the return of Wes Brown and Nemanja Vidic - two recognised central defenders - although they are still missing the likes of Rio Ferdinand, John O'Shea and Jonny Evans. United were forced to employ midfielders Michael Carrick and Darren Fletcher in defence earlier this month as their defensive plight looked increasingly desperate but the return of Brown and Vidic for the Hull City match on Sunday has steadied Ferguson's side. United will be further helped by the unexpected return of Gary Neville to the squad for the Wigan match as he has made hasty progress from his groin problem and Paul Scholes and Anderson will also be back in contention after recovering from slight knocks.