• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Manchester United Season 2009-10

Wayne Piew

Alfrescian
Loyal
manu found roy keane replacement..

johnny evans is the new manu dirty player..:cool:

That dipstick Drogba should have been sent off
for that DYING SWAN dive!!:mad:
Evans did not even touch him.
What about Chelski's sportmanship,
kicking the ball away to waste time.
Disgraceful!!

Wayne Piew

Alfrescian
Loyal
5 pts gap is uphill. MU has been stuttering so far. And any poor run up in xmas/new year stretch, may mean a bridge too far. Cannot hope for contenders to falter, destiny is largely in own team's hands

Good spirited play and possession by red devils (consolation) but doesn't win games. No goal finish despite some pot shots.

I thought Man Utd at least deserved a draw.
The referee and his assistant ultimately cost us the game.
(1)Valencia was fouled in the box by Terry so we should have had a penalty,
(2)Fletcher won the ball when the ref gave the free-kick Chelsea scored from,
(3)Drogba was in a offside position and interfering with play when he try to flicked his foot at the ball.
Ever since Sir Alex open his big fat mouth at Alan Wiley,
like Gallego likes to do here in this forum,:p
referees seem to be biased against Man Utd

jw5

Loyal
Kudos to you bro. I think Fergie read your post. They did just that but in a game that was destined to be tight till the final whistle, Fergie forgot to tell the players not to commit fouls within their half.
Chelsea was all along looking for a set piece winner. After all they mastered the art of scoring from set pieces when Mourinho was in charge. Well. that's football.
Close game and Man Utd were unlucky to lose, but probably not as unlucky as Fergie and his boys thought they were. Jonny Evans was lucky not to be given a card for his kung fu kick, he definitely kicked Drogba although whether it was deliberate or not is arguable. :smile:
Btw I wasn't aware that Berbatov was still injured.
This probably makes up for the extra time winner against Man City.
Like you said, that's football. If it was played and officiated by a bunch of robots, it wouldn't be any fun.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can't believe he made this claim. He was given a lot of opportunities last season and I thot SAF was a bit too generous with this bugger.

Trash-Talking Alex Ferguson Is Mismanaging Me - Manchester United Winger Nani
The Portuguese is in line for some hairdryer treatment after his latest comments...

Nani has done himself no favours in his quest to become a first-team regular at Manchester United, as the fringe winger has accused Sir Alex Ferguson of stalling his progress.

The 'new Cristiano Ronaldo' has failed to live up to that tag since moving from Sporting Lisbon in 2007, and even after his compatriot's departure for Real Madrid he finds himself marooned on the bench as often as not.

When asked if he felt he was being poorly managed at Old Trafford, the 22-year-old said: "As it is now, I think so."

Speaking to Portuguese newspaper I (reprinted in The Sun), Nani went on to explain that his inability to string together a decent run in the starting XI was at least partly to blame for his inconsistent form.

"People expect more from me and it's not easy. But they are also not doing what they said they were going to," he said.

"I know it would be better if I scored more goals.

"I can have a spectacular game but nobody guarantees me I will be starting the next match. It shatters your confidence.

"I did not play the important matches, against Liverpool, Manchester City or Tottenham. Not playing these games, I am a bit sad. But for now I am not considering leaving."

Ferguson's adoption of the rotation policy in recent seasons has been well documented, and this term is no different as the Scot goes in search of a fourth consecutive Premier League title.

But if any other United players have misgivings about such tactics, few are likely to speak up - as Nani revealed that even club legends Ryan Giggs and Gary Neville are subject to the gaffer's violent mood shifts.

"Ferguson is a very complicated man," he explained.

"He's tough. If things are all right, then they are all right. But when he thinks something is wrong, everything is screwed.

"He can go from complimenting you to just plain trashing you in a matter of minutes. Has it happened to me? Hell, yes! He'll say 'Nani, how could you miss this or this'?

"He shouts at players in front of everyone. No one escapes, everybody is the same. Giggs and Neville suffer most, because they have more experience. It is 'F**k' here and 'F**k' there."

Nani is currently away with the Portugal squad ahead of their World Cup play-off with Bosnia and Herzegovina.

Mick Maguire, Goal.com UK

jw5

Loyal
How does he expect to play in the 'important" games when he plays poorly in the "unimportant" games?

Wayne Piew

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why don't those dipsticks from Merseyside
make a film about a club that
can't win a league title for over

20 LONG years!!
:mad:

Liverpool have risked a furore over a film starring Steven Gerrard and Jamie Carragher that portrays Sir Alex Ferguson, the Manchester United manager, as a whisky-guzzling drunk and Gary Neville, the club’s captain, as a rat who “hates Scousers”.

Gerrard and Carragher were joined by Rafael Benítez, the Merseyside club’s manager, at the premiere of Fifteen Minutes That Shook The World in Liverpool on Monday evening.

The 43-minute film is a darkly humorous, fictional account of the events that inspired Liverpool’s fightback against AC Milan in the Champions League final in Istanbul in May 2005, when they came from 3-0 down at half-time to win on penalties.

But while the movie — which includes cameos from Gerrard and Carragher, the Liverpool captain and vice-captain respectively — was intended to be light-hearted and firmly tongue-in-cheek, it remains to be seen what United make of it.

In one scene, a Ferguson parody called McTaggart rings a Neville lookalike, wearing a United No 2 shirt bearing the name “Rat Boy” on the back, to celebrate Liverpool trailing Milan by three goals.

“Rat Boy”, whose features were digitally enhanced to make him more ratlike, responds by singing about how he “hates Scousers”, an ironic nod to the song that United fans chant about Neville’s widely perceived dislike of Liverpool.

When word comes through that Liverpool have drawn level, McTaggart is seen swigging furiously from a bottle of Scotch, which has the words “Manager of the Month but not as good as Bob Paisley” on it. He then tries to put his head in a noose only to be thwarted when the gum bubble he blows explodes over his face.

United declined to comment yesterday, but Ferguson and Neville are likely to be unimpressed, not least because of the involvement of Gerrard and Carragher and others at Anfield, even though they would not have been aware of the full extent of the content.

Ferguson did not react well the previous time a club tried to poke fun at United. He described Manchester City as a “small club with a small mentality”, arrogant, cocky and stupid for the “Welcome to Manchester” poster they erected in the summer after Carlos Tévez’s move to the club from Old Trafford.
Liverpool fans, though, will doubtless view the film as it was intended — a bit of fun — even if the timing of its release may raise a few eyebrows, coming as it has only days before Benítez’s team face Manchester City in the Barclays Premier League and Debrecen in the Champions League, games that could define their season.

Ferguson and Neville are by no means the only ones sent up in the film. Benítez, who is played by Neil Fitzmaurice, the actor and comedian, tells his players in the dressing room at half-time that “the whole damn world will take the p***, go on that pitch you shower of pigs and make it our day.” Of Dietmar Hamann, the former Liverpool player who also has a cameo in the film, Fitzmaurice’s Benítez says: “But what is Hamann, what has he got, he smokes, he drinks, he uses pot, but he will shine.”

Djimi Traoré, the former Liverpool defender, is brought into the dressing room in a box by Sami Hyypia, at which point Gerrard says, “Djimi, that’s the best you’ve been in the box all night,” while Carragher, when pressed by Benítez for his thoughts, can utter only the Scouse phrase: “I’m still chocka.” Gerrard adds that he “won’t be able to show my face” around his home town of Huyton if Liverpool do not stage a comeback.

The film was written by Dave Kirby, the Liverpool playwright, and will shortly go on general release at selected cinemas — although presumably not in Manchester — before being released on DVD in time for Christmas.

Wayne Piew

Alfrescian
Loyal
It looks like with every passing week
only Chelski can stop Man Utd
from its record-breaking

19th league title!!

Pompey 1 v Manchester United 4

Wayne Rooney has expressed his delight in scoring the hat-trick that helped Manchester United sink Portsmouth at Fratton Park on Saturday.

The striker twice found the net from penalties, and believes his goal tally will improve with every chance he gets to convert a spot-kick.

"Of course, taking penalties, my tally should be a lot higher," Rooney told MUTV.

"Thankfully I've scored two of them today. It's a great feeling to score a hat-trick, an amazing feeling."

Despite the 4-1 score, Rooney also suggested Portsmouth had made the game a lot more difficult than the outcome of the game had suggested.

"It was quite difficult in the first half. The manager was disappointed we didn't move the ball round as well as we can, and we didn't create that many clear cut chances," he said.

"We had to try and work on that in the second half, and we got the goals and could ease off. But overall it was a difficult game and we're really pleased with the three points."

D

Duoduo

:biggrin: Giggs scored his 100th goal on eve of his 36th Birthday. He is a real pro and great player :biggrin:

Wayne Piew

Alfrescian
Loyal
West Ham United 0 v Manchester United 4

Man Utd are killing off the smaller teams,
two 4 goal games in a row now,
without its world-class 1st choice defence somemore.

Whaha, Chelski lost 2-1 to Man Shitty,
they out played chelski and deserved the win!
Traitor Tevez was my hero,
for 2 hours at least.:p
Now only 2 points behind.

jw5

Loyal
Man Utd have 8 defenders unavailable, due to injury or illness. Vidic is ill, Ferdinand, O'Shea, The Da Silva twins, Evans, and now Brown and Neville are all injured. Incredibly, Craig Catcart who is out on loan at Watford, was also injured in a championship match yesterday. Funny thing is that other than long term absentee Hargreaves, no other Man Utd player is currently injured.
I suggest that Fergie should play Carrick and Fletcher at centre back (good tacklers, good in the air, fairly strong and tall), Evra at left back and Park at right back against Wolfsburg.

Wayne Piew

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mr Capello, are you watching?

FABIO CAPELLO was last night urged to make sure Michael Owen has a seat when the England plane takes off for the World Cup next June.
Owen's hat-trick on Tuesday in Manchester United's 3-1 win over Wolfsburg in Germany cannot have been ignored by Capello.

Michael Carrick is pretty much certain of being in the squad for next summer's finals in South Africa. And he believes Owen should be on the plane too.

Carrick said: "It's not my decision, but you can only go on how many important goals Michael scores. I don't think he's proven anything this week that we didn't know already.

"He's done it throughout his career, scoring big goals, taking chances. He does it in training all the time.

"We know if we give him chances he'll put them away.

"He has scored some massive goals for us already and I'm sure he'll continue to do that. Against Wolfsburg he had four chances and scored from three of them."

The hat-trick showcased the full array of Owen's striking abilities.

The first saw the 5ft 8in striker leap to the sky to score a trademark header. The second was a predatory stab at the far post.

Then came the coup de grace in the final minute as he ran from halfway and clipped the ball over the goalkeeper.

Watch it again and see how Owen can sense a defender closing in and deliberately runs across him to shield the ball before finding the net.

There were plenty of sceptics when Alex Ferguson picked up Owen last summer after his contract had run out at Newcastle. Hull were the only other club interested.

Carrick said: "It was a great bit of business by the gaffer because Michael's CV speaks for itself."

Darren Fletcher was equally impressed by Owen as United finished top of their Champions League group.

He said: "I thought Michael was fantastic. His goals were all different finishes. If you have got Michael Owen in your team, whether it is off the bench or starting, you are going to get goals.

"Most times he has come off the bench and made a lot of impact but this will be great for his confidence, scoring three goals in the Champions League. That's what he came for."

Owen was dubbed the Boy Wonder for his incredible strike against Argentina in France 98.

That boy is 30 on Monday. He joked: "I prefer experienced to older.

"I am still in my 20s for another week. I am making the most of it."

He has maintained a dignified silence over the fact that Capello has ignored him since March 2008 when he last played for England against France.

That continued after his hat-trick against Wolfsburg.Owen said: "I have never liked talking about myself too much. I prefer to talk about the team.

"You can't score a hat-trick without the team playing really well.

"I am enjoying playing for United. There are only a few teams that you can play in and expect to get chances. This is one. Scoring is a different matter.

"I don't feel comfortable talking about my goals, though probably the last one was the best finish."

Owen preferred to concentrate on the team performance achieved with 13 players out injured.
Fergie had to use a 3-5-2 formation and played two midfielders, Carrick and Fletcher, in central defence.

Owen said: "We had so many out of position, big credit to those lads. Michael and Darren did really well.

"Even Patrice Evra was out of position in many ways because he was to the left of three in central defence."

United go into the second-round Champions League draw a week on Friday as group winners and so will avoid a clash with Real Madrid and former player Cristiano Ronaldo.

Owen said: "We are delighted to finish top of the group. It means we have got the second leg at home. That is an advantage. And it is always better to avoid some of the bigger teams."

Plenty will want to avoid United and Owen when the draw is made.

Wayne Piew

Alfrescian
Loyal
Owen preferred to concentrate on the team performance achieved with 13 players out injured.
Fergie had to use a 3-5-2 formation and played two midfielders, Carrick and Fletcher, in central defence.

If this was Loserpool or ArseWipe,
Fat Spanish Waiter and Wanker
will be making tons of excuses after excuses
to conned their own supporters
as why their team is not doing well.

Wayne Piew

Alfrescian
Loyal
Manchester United Vs Aston Villa
Old Trafford
Sunday, 13 December 2009
01:30am

Manchester United's injury-hit side should be bolstered
by the return of Dimitar Berbatov, Wayne Rooney
and most importantly,
Europe's best defender, Nemanja Vidic.
Fond memories of the same fixture last season,
when an unknown 17-year-old by the name of Federico Macheda,
scored that beauty of a curler winning goal.
Hope he plays a part tonight.

Prediction: Man Utd 3 Aston Villa 0

G

General Veers

ManUtd lose to Aston Villa

Sport
Home > Breaking News > Sport > Story
Dec 13, 2009

ManUtd lose to Aston Villa

Man Utd suffer rare home defeat by Villa
Chelsea twice let lead slip at home to Everton
Ancelotti not worried

LONDON - MANCHESTER United wasted a glorious chance to catch Chelsea at the top of the Premier League, losing 1-0 at home to Aston Villa on Saturday. Gabriel Agbonlahor's header gave Villa their first league win at Old Trafford since 1983 and provided a welcome boost to Chelsea who had earlier been held 3-3 at home by Everton on a day of surprise results and a breathtaking goal-of-the-season entry by Wigan Athletic defender Maynor Figueroa. Chelsea's recent defensive fragility continued as they dropped their first home points of the season to extend their run of games without a win to four - a sequence which has seen Carlo Ancelotti's side leak 10 goals. Tottenham Hotspur, who began the day in fourth place, were beaten 1-0 at home by Wolverhampton Wanderers, their first loss to the Midlands side at White Hart Lane since 1973. Top-four hopefuls Manchester City could only draw 3-3 at Bolton with Carlos Tevez bagging two goals for City, who had Craig Bellamy sent off but came from behind three times. Chelsea have 37 points with United on 34 while Villa moved into third place with 29 points. Arsenal, who play Liverpool on Sunday at Anfield, have 28 with two games in hand. -- REUTERS

G

General Veers

Manchester United 0 Aston Villa 1: Martin O'Neill's Englishmen look real deal

By Ian Ladyman
Last updated at 12:28 AM on 14th December 2009

This time there was no Federico Macheda to break their hearts. Unlike last season, there was no goal in the dying seconds. This time they got what they deserved. Aston Villa — the team with Englishmen at its heart and a unique Ulsterman as its figurehead — came to Old Trafford with no fear, only ambition. By the time they had left they had begun to look like a genuine top-four side. Chelsea, Liverpool and now Manchester United have all fallen this season to Martin O’Neill’s team and two of those wins have come away from home. The latest not only helped to get Chelsea off the hook after their draw with Everton, but it also served as encouragement to those teams brave enough to suspect that there are cracks appearing in English football’s traditional hegemony.

article-0-0793DD6C000005DC-501_468x329.jpg

Go, go Gabby: Agbonlahor buries his header midway through the first half

Villa almost beat United in April, only for goals from Cristiano Ronaldo and Macheda to give Sir Alex Ferguson’s team the advantage. On Saturday, O’Neill’s side never really looked like suffering a similar fate. The really good managers are identified by the manner in which players develop under them. On Saturday men like Richard Dunne, James Milner and Stephen Warnock were superb. All have found themselves under O’Neill’s guidance.

article-0-07948ECD000005DC-570_306x423.jpg

O'ver the moon: O'Neill celebrates Villa's victory

Central defender Dunne looks a different player to the one who stumbled through his final season at Manchester City. He said: ‘I came here because I felt this was a team on the move, a team that could get results like the ones we have got this season against the big four. ‘I had options to go to other places but Villa showed how far they had come. The manager has added strength to the squad to hopefully continue what he has started.’

Villa had seven Englishmen in their starting line-up. With a World Cup on the horizon, this could be a big season for them. O’Neill said: ‘We have players who are desperate to be on a flight to South Africa, to be included in a squad that is one of the favourites to win the World Cup. I want them propelled by that ambition for my selfish benefit. If they are playing well and have that ambition, then we will all benefit. ‘What happens in May and June is in the laps of the gods, but what I do know is that if they continue to play like this then the opportunity is there for Fabio Capello to maybe think again if he’s having second thoughts about certain things.' O’Neill can be hard to fathom at times, his intensity can be a little overwhelming. His instructions to his players are clear, though, and his philosophy very simple. Villa play with width and pace with his two wingers given security by two excellent, unfussy full backs. Up front, his strikers — whoever he uses — have pace and muscle. They are the type United defender Nemanja Vidic hates playing and he was given a rough old time for 90 minutes.

article-0-07943686000005DC-334_468x286.jpg

Matter of inches: Rooney (right) thuds the ball against the crossbar

Villa’s goal came midway through the first half as Gabriel Agbonlahor stole in at the near post to head in past an uncertain Tomasz Kuszczak and it was a lead that United only sporadically looked like erasing. Wayne Rooney struck the bar flush, was booked as he tried to win a penalty with a dive and then overhit a pass alarmingly as he sought to play in Michael Owen on goal in the second half. It was not a good day for United’s favourite Scouser. If O’Neill’s tactics were straight forward, Ferguson’s were peculiar. Surely Owen had to start after his hat-trick in Germany? He didn’t. Surely United would play two centre forwards in a game that could have seen them move level with Chelsea at the top of the table? Again, they didn’t. Dunne admitted: ‘That was good for us to see at the start. But you knew that, once we got tired, they would bring on the other two. ‘It’s difficult. The movement of United is such that, whatever position their players start in, they will end up everywhere.’

article-0-0793F7F0000005DC-223_468x286.jpg

Out of ideas: There was surprise as United only lined up with one striker

He was right in his assessment. United did dominate as the game wore on but Villa keeper Brad Friedel made only one save of note, dropping to his right to turn away a shot from substitute Dimitar Berbatov. Ferguson asked afterwards why referee Martin Atkinson played only three minutes of added time, and he had a point. There perhaps should have been more. But this was a home defeat that has been coming. United’s form has been much improved recently but, earlier in the season, victories against Arsenal and Bolton and a draw against Sunderland were all home results that flattered them. United have already lost four times in the league, the same number of defeats they suffered all last season. So, are the top teams getting worse or the chasing pack getting better? On this evidence, the answer is probably a little bit of both.

Wayne Piew

Alfrescian
Loyal
guess that guy will be silent a bit until the next manu victory..:biggrin:

You can't keep a good man (yours truly)
or a good team like Man Utd down for long.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

United devour Wolverhampton 3-0, go level on points with EPL toppers Chelsea
Manchester United beat Wolverhampton Wanderers 3-0 at Old Trafford last night to draw level on points with Premier League leaders Chelsea.

However, the Blues who remain top on goal difference will re-establish a points gap between themselves and reigning champions United if they avoid defeat at home to bottom of the table Portsmouth tonight.

England striker Wayne Rooney put United, beaten at home by Aston Villa last weekend, ahead from the penalty spot in the 30th minute after Ronald Zumar handled Darron Gibson's corner and central defender Nemanja Vidic doubled the lead just before half-time when he headed in a corner that Wolves goalkeeper Marcus Hahnemann could only palm into the net.

Antonio Valencia's 66th minute half-volley made it 3-0 as Wolves dropped into the relegation zone.

Victory gave Alex Ferguson a comfortable win in his 900th league match as United manager.

Ferguson told Sky Sports. "Wolves had their second string out which wasn't surprising given they've got Burnley on Sunday. We took a long time to get going but once we got (the first) goal we were comfortable."