• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ya am doing that now. 2nd day already. Leave home at 6 am and reach Woodlands where my son schools at 7:15. Just on time. May need to check the whole week and see how it goes by using the causeway.

Good to hear someone is trying that out. I am also keen to see how it goes over a month. Had wanted to do try that but my kids very comprehensive and afraid to be late. For me the Tuas is a better choice as school are in the West. Based on your timing it is 1:15 mins journey. Keep us update here please !!! Thanks.

g3abc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi, Happy New Year ! Good wishes to You, Your Family & Your mistresses in whatever you do.

some questions...

1. Is Leisure Farm - considered a successful project ?
2. Why are there still so many empty land plots - being held by private owners,.bight in the beginning for myr 24psf,..now trying to sell at myr 50 psf" <-true or not ?
3. Is Mulpha still subsidizing Leisure Farm ?

Is this a ring time to buy into Leisure Farm ?

cockcansing

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good to hear someone is trying that out. I am also keen to see how it goes over a month. Had wanted to do try that but my kids very comprehensive and afraid to be late. For me the Tuas is a better choice as school are in the West. Based on your timing it is 1:15 mins journey. Keep us update here please !!! Thanks.

Sometime last year I did tried out from Tuas. Also left at 6am and reached woodlands at about 6:50. Long journey but clear road as going opposite direction of the main flow. Have to pay more though. See how it goes for a month and will decide. Will also try by danga bay area instead of Larkin area.

niczap

Alfrescian
Loyal
After reading over 80 pages, finally there is discussions on EL. I am thinking about moving to JB too, and has zeroed in on EL. Mine is like a no brainer situation. I am working in Tuas, with only a homemaker wife. Currently staying in Tampines, and the commute to Tuas takes like 1 hour plus on an incident free traffic on a normal day. The only hurdle is of course my wife, who has heard so much horror stories, including those from her beauticians and hairstylists (from JB of course...).

But after bringing her to Bukit Indah and showing her EL, she is a bit moved. I may yet convince her. We were actually looking at a link bungalow at Bukit Indah itself, as there is a bus going into Singapore there (she does not drive). But the houses at EL is just so nice that she decided if she were to stay there, she may not come out at all. Anyway... we have already been once to EL, but was shown only Type A and B. We didn't realize there is so many types. Which type is the smallest twin villa? Just for two of us? I am also seriously considering the terraces at Harmony Phase 8, but understand it is sold out? Any info is appreciated.

I bought a Type 30 corner lot at Harmony Park phase 7 (off plan) in July 2010. My situation is like this - I am a Singapore PR, currently working in Singapore with 2 young kids. The idea of visiting East Ledang (EL) was first hatched by my wife as one of her friend actually stays in EL phase 1 and commute daily to Singpore. Like many people, I told her I had my reservations about Johor at first. But I read about Iskandar's special status and the developer UEM land's background and unique role as master developer of Nusajaya. Suddenly I was interested to see the place for myself and was impressed with the infracture in place, not just in EL but the surroundings too. We brought close family members to EL 3 more times (to get some feedback- some were negative of course but nevermind!). Wife and I decided this property will be good for many things and then we signed the dotted line.

The show homes for harmony park at EL is now ready for type 28 & 30, type 26(smallest) is still pending. You can now compare them with the twin-villas of phase 2 albeit only type A and B. Type C smallest among villas but still HUGE. Type D largest (>3900sft BU) and Type E has most steps (multi-elevations concept).

niczap

Alfrescian
Loyal
After reading over 80 pages, finally there is discussions on EL. I am thinking about moving to JB too, and has zeroed in on EL. Mine is like a no brainer situation. I am working in Tuas, with only a homemaker wife. Currently staying in Tampines, and the commute to Tuas takes like 1 hour plus on an incident free traffic on a normal day. The only hurdle is of course my wife, who has heard so much horror stories, including those from her beauticians and hairstylists (from JB of course...).

But after bringing her to Bukit Indah and showing her EL, she is a bit moved. I may yet convince her. We were actually looking at a link bungalow at Bukit Indah itself, as there is a bus going into Singapore there (she does not drive). But the houses at EL is just so nice that she decided if she were to stay there, she may not come out at all. Anyway... we have already been once to EL, but was shown only Type A and B. We didn't realize there is so many types. Which type is the smallest twin villa? Just for two of us? I am also seriously considering the terraces at Harmony Phase 8, but understand it is sold out? Any info is appreciated.

But after bringing her to Bukit Indah and showing her EL, she is a bit moved. I may yet convince her. We were actually looking at a link bungalow at Bukit Indah itself, as there is a bus going into Singapore there (she does not drive). But the houses at EL is just so nice that she decided if she were to stay there, she may not come out at all. Anyway... we have already been once to EL, but was show only Type A and B. We didn't realize there is so many types. Which type is the smallest twin villa? Just for two of us? I am also seriously considering the terraces at Harmony Phase 8, but understand it is sold out? Any info is appreciated.

I bought a Type 30 corner lot at Harmony Park phase 7 (off plan) in July 2010. My situation is like this - I am a Singapore PR, currently working in Singapore with 2 young kids. The idea of visiting East Ledang (EL) was first hatched by my wife as one of her friend actually stays in EL phase 1 and commute daily to Singpore. Like many people, I told her I had my reservations about Johor at first. But I read about Iskandar's special status and the developer UEM land's background and its unique role as master developer of Nusajaya. I became interested to see the place for myself and was impressed with the infrastructures in place, not just in EL but also the surroundings too. We brought close family members to EL three more times (to get some feedback- some were negative of course but nevermind!). Wife and I decided this property will be good for many things and then we signed the dotted line.

The show homes for EL harmony park is now ready for type 28 & 30, type 26(smallest) is still pending. You can now compare them with the phase 2 twin-villas albeit only type A and B. Type C smallest among the semi-D villas but still HUGE. Type D largest (>3900sft BU) and Type E has most steps (multi-elevations concept).

Coolsaint77

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi, Happy New Year ! Good wishes to You, Your Family & Your mistresses in whatever you do.

some questions...

1. Is Leisure Farm - considered a successful project ?
2. Why are there still so many empty land plots - being held by private owners,.bight in the beginning for myr 24psf,..now trying to sell at myr 50 psf" <-true or not ?
3. Is Mulpha still subsidizing Leisure Farm ?

Is this a ring time to buy into Leisure Farm ?

The strategy of selling land plots is a flop. Some cash rich owners simply bought them and leave them to rot... hoping for appreciation 20 years down the road and making a tidy sum. Hence for the few who built bungalow, i bet they feel a little bit lonely and scared. And a lot of burden from maintenance charges payment since there are not many sharing.

I believe the land is fully paid for and not incurring interest costs, in that sense Mulpha is indeed subsidising Leisure farm. Their MD holds the philosophy of "build only if there is demand".

Outside Leisure farm developers are making tons of money, but Leisure Farm is obviously quite slow in the game.

The only reason for the land price appreciation is the Iskandar Region development is now 3 years old with some projects sprouting up here and there, and people are getting more willing to invest in Iskandar Region, compared to when the concept was first created.

matix

Alfrescian
Loyal
I bought a Type 30 corner lot at Harmony Park phase 7 (off plan) in July 2010. My situation is like this - I am a Singapore PR, currently working in Singapore with 2 young kids. The idea of visiting East Ledang (EL) was first hatched by my wife as one of her friend actually stays in EL phase 1 and commute daily to Singpore. Like many people, I told her I had my reservations about Johor at first. But I read about Iskandar's special status and the developer UEM land's background and unique role as master developer of Nusajaya. Suddenly I was interested to see the place for myself and was impressed with the infracture in place, not just in EL but the surroundings too. We brought close family members to EL 3 more times (to get some feedback- some were negative of course but nevermind!). Wife and I decided this property will be good for many things and then we signed the dotted line.

The show homes for harmony park at EL is now ready for type 28 & 30, type 26(smallest) is still pending. You can now compare them with the twin-villas of phase 2 albeit only type A and B. Type C smallest among villas but still HUGE. Type D largest (>3900sft BU) and Type E has most steps (multi-elevations concept).

Thanks for the input. I am trying to book a corner unit too at Phase 8 was told all taken up. However, I was also told that price will be released on 9th Jan and some may back out. There will be an increase of around 10%. If there is no corner unit, I will then take a look at Type C, since it is the smallest.

cockcansing

Alfrescian
Loyal
This whole week tried out the same route and very consistently got in Singapore by 7am. This pass the checkpoint. But the traffic near danga city mall quite slow as some road works in the early morning. One of my neighbours also goes by this route and said he usually reaches kranji mrt by 7am. He also leaves home at hh by 6am.

iamapseudoneem

Alfrescian
Loyal
This whole week tried out the same route and very consistently got in Singapore by 7am. This pass the checkpoint. But the traffic near danga city mall quite slow as some road works in the early morning. One of my neighbours also goes by this route and said he usually reaches kranji mrt by 7am. He also leaves home at hh by 6am.

HH to Woodlands via 1st link in 1 hr? Wow that's impressive!
I have school-going kids too and always thought we will have to leave the house around 5am or something to make it before the bell.
How much is entering Sg from Tuas? What's the monthly cost?
I'm thinking maybe we enter Sg by 2nd link in the morning then head out to My by 1st link in the evening.

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
HH to Woodlands via 1st link in 1 hr? Wow that's impressive!
I have school-going kids too and always thought we will have to leave the house around 5am or something to make it before the bell.
How much is entering Sg from Tuas? What's the monthly cost?
I'm thinking maybe we enter Sg by 2nd link in the morning then head out to My by 1st link in the evening.

Entering Singapore is foc for singapore registered cars. Entering Malaysia is S$1.20 ath Singapore custom and RM$2.90 (If I remember correctly) at Malaysia custom. comes up to be not more then S$80 if you travel everyday including weekends.

Coolsaint77

Alfrescian
Loyal
Entering Singapore is foc for singapore registered cars. Entering Malaysia is S$1.20 ath Singapore custom and RM$2.90 (If I remember correctly) at Malaysia custom. comes up to be not more then S$80 if you travel everyday including weekends.

He's asking about 2nd link, and by car i guess. S$3.20+MYR7.50 each way ==> S$6.50 daily if oneway, or S$13 if 2 ways.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Some updates, seems a lot of developments are starting to really take shape.

A trip enroute to the Puteri Harbour today really surprised me with the changes, there has certainly been alot of work done on the place. Seems the area is taking off as i have heard of neighbours who suddenly had offers on their houses(even non gated ones).

Seems there is a new condo development, visited it today, not bad(not related to Horizon Hills)
http://www.horizonresidence.com/

Some useful links to share:

Bukit Indah
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bukit_Indah

Lots of pictures here on different developments:
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?p=68542901

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
"The strategy of selling land plots is a flop. Some cash rich owners simply bought them and leave them to rot... hoping for appreciation 20 years down the road and making a tidy sum. Hence for the few who built bungalow, i bet they feel a little bit lonely and scared. And a lot of burden from maintenance charges payment since there are not many sharing. "

Agree, that was a rather silly way of doing things as there isn't any guarantee that the owners of the bungalow land will do anything at all.

kenron

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some updates, seems a lot of developments are starting to really take shape.

A trip enroute to the Puteri Harbour today really surprised me with the changes, there has certainly been alot of work done on the place. Seems the area is taking off as i have heard of neighbours who suddenly had offers on their houses(even non gated ones).

Seems there is a new condo development, visited it today, not bad(not related to Horizon Hills)
http://www.horizonresidence.com/

Some useful links to share:

Bukit Indah
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bukit_Indah

Lots of pictures here on different developments:
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?p=68542901

Hi wuqi bro, any idea what's the price range of horizon residence condo?

mika14

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi,

Juz asking do any of u ever thought of renting an apartment to stay in JB while working in Singapore? Though u got to be stuck at the customs traffic jams.
i am thinking of staying in JB while working in S'pore (i am a S'porean).
what do u think are the factors u need to look out for?
etc, security, internet, neighbours, legal factors, convenience ... ...

thanks!

mika14

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi,

Juz asking do any of u ever thought of renting an apartment to stay in JB while working in Singapore? Though u got to be stuck at the customs traffic jams.
i am thinking of staying in JB while working in S'pore (i am a S'porean).
what do u think are the factors u need to look out for?
etc, security, internet, neighbours, legal matters... ...

thanks!

2bFree

Alfrescian
Loyal
^^I am thinking of doing something like that but am also unsure about the factors that you have stated especially on legal matters (tax, permits like for NS commitment, mailing address etc), car usage etc.

Renting a place in SG now but for the 1/2 price I can get a larger unit in MY. Can't buy a HDB (not sure even if I want to actually based on the crazy pricing) as I am single and not >35yo.

Coolsaint77

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ok... some information on the most expensive terrace house in Johor, ie East Ledang. Price released today.

Type 26 intermediate unit: 2766 sft BU, 1950 sft land area, costs MYR661888 (NW facing) and MYR667888 (SE facing)
Type 28 intermediate unit: 2949 sft BU, 2100 sft land area, costs MYR705888 (NW facing) and MYR710888 (SE facing)
Type 30 intermediate unit: 3315 sft BU, 2250 sft land area, costs MYR793888 (SE facing) and MYR835888 (NW facing, all garden facing)

As you can see, NW facing is about 5 - 6k cheaper than SE facing, but garden facing commands a premium of about MYR45k-47k.

For corner units:
Type 26 has 3175 sft BU, Type 28 also 3175 sft BU, Type 30 has 3498 sft BU

The largest corner unit for Type 26 has 4731 sft land area (MYR941888), for Type 28 has 4806 sft land area (MYR993888) and Type 30 has 4034 sft land area (MYR964888). The Type 28 has the highest pricing because of the garden facing premium.

Very very ex... those who bought during phase 7 must be smiling now :biggrin:

danteakc

Alfrescian
Loyal
For those who are staying near HH. Proceed to Jusco Aeon at 1st Floor to eat Qui Lin Gao eatery corner if you are running with the flu. Thick and filled with herbs unlike SGP. Also had tried their premium bird nest, save the cash and buy your own from Yu Ren Sen.

Also the water running from my existing pipes looks clean but my rabbit dun even want to drink it. After I had poured evian water in it it starts to drink again. So please don't drink the water from HH. Not even after you had boiled it. Please use Diamond filter system at least.

I'll take the matter to the Vendor first regarding the choke toilets and electricity as currently renting the unit I am buying from them.

Aside from the polluted water, long 1hr ride distance and lack of pretty girls is it worth it. Yes but if you are willing to forsake convenience for fresh air.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.