• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nothing but lousy policies that change overnight and dont' differentiate FT and locals. I dont' know why here cannot implement a simple policy like Malaysia to restrict foreign ownership to above certain value. Instead of blanket policies that affect everyone. I was looking to buy HDB and suddenly after 31 Aug, I'm not allowed to buy HDB - without selling my condo in six months which I do not wish to - and that is why I'm here looking at Johor properties!

But still apprehensive about this move, I remember a few years ago my ex-colleague who used to visit JB regularly told me she was never robbed and then suddenly she told me her family was robbed at a petrol station. They forgot to lock the car door and only around 8 pm. The car was just Toyota Picnic and they dress very low profile. That stopped me from visitng JB for a few years until now.

Ya lor should just come out with a simple policy like FTs /PR can only purchase pte property above S$1.5M .
If want to buy HDB must convert to Singapore Citizen !:p

Coolsaint77

Alfrescian
Loyal
Years back... wanted to buy private pty when it was at its low... but stuck 5 years with HDB because of some stupid peanut housing grant.

Ever since then i swore never to touch HDB, even if i have to pay through my nose for a pte pty mortgage. :mad:

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Latest update regarding 'best exchange rate for ringgit'.

Went to Woodlands (I mean in Singapore side beside Checkpoint, not Malaysia side) yesterday, all the money changer displayed RM237. I requested for better rate with just SGD3000 and the money changer offered RM238. This is the 2nd time I've requested and got extra RM1 from 2 different money changers. (Note: Malaysia side can offer additional RM2 because they always display around RM1 lesser than Sg side, Eg. They would display RM236 yesterday.)

I've called another money changer located at The Arcade's 2nd floor, to compare their rate to the one I was offered in Woodlands, Arcade's Money changer offered RM238 without asking the amount I wanna change. As they always offer their best rate, I guess the most I can squeeze is another RM10-20cents.

Conclusion, for convenience sake, just go to Woodlands and ask for additional RM1 on top of their displayed rate and you're getting one of the best rate in Sg.

Coolsaint77

Alfrescian
Loyal
Latest update regarding 'best exchange rate for ringgit'.

Went to Woodlands (I mean in Singapore side beside Checkpoint, not Malaysia side) yesterday, all the money changer displayed RM237. I requested for better rate with just SGD3000 and the money changer offered RM238. This is the 2nd time I've requested and got extra RM1 from 2 different money changers. (Note: Malaysia side can offer additional RM2 because they always display around RM1 lesser than Sg side, Eg. They would display RM236 yesterday.)

I've called another money changer located at The Arcade's 2nd floor, to compare their rate to the one I was offered in Woodlands, Arcade's Money changer offered RM238 without asking the amount I wanna change. As they always offer their best rate, I guess the most I can squeeze is another RM10-20cents.

Conclusion, for convenience sake, just go to Woodlands and ask for additional RM1 on top of their displayed rate and you're getting one of the best rate in Sg.

Parkway Parade area also 238 yesterday. If you want to remit money over for property purchase can use them. MYR10 charge.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Years back... wanted to buy private pty when it was at its low... but stuck 5 years with HDB because of some stupid peanut housing grant.

Ever since then i swore never to touch HDB, even if i have to pay through my nose for a pte pty mortgage. :mad:

Nevermind, take heart that I got it worse, years ago...didn't qualify HDB, decided to buy condo, turned out that was the high, got stucked for over a decade while price went south, and of course not a single cent of grant....but I love my condo though, thoroughly enjoyed the peace and quiet when I was staying there for two years, very sentimental about my first property. :o

sillysinky

Alfrescian
Loyal
hello brothers and sisters, it's been a while i I drop in to follow on your discussions here. Been bz as
a bee lately :smile:
Anyway I was at Nusa Duta for their launching recently and quite tempted to book their semi -d at between RM700-800k. Then went over to KSL office as I heard they are also offering semid cluster at RM560-760k.
Frankly speaking, both KSL and nusa duta are pretty nice development on this side of nusa bestari compared to HH or nusa idaman which is on Bukit indah side. with more and more shophouses and development in bukit indah side, I foresee traffic jam in the near future.
So KSL semid cluster or nusa duta will be a better buy, perhaps ?
Any brothers or sisters here can offer some expert opinions?
muchos gracias

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
hello brothers and sisters, it's been a while i I drop in to follow on your discussions here. Been bz as
a bee lately :smile:
Anyway I was at Nusa Duta for their launching recently and quite tempted to book their semi -d at between RM700-800k. Then went over to KSL office as I heard they are also offering semid cluster at RM560-760k.
Frankly speaking, both KSL and nusa duta are pretty nice development on this side of nusa bestari compared to HH or nusa idaman which is on Bukit indah side. with more and more shophouses and development in bukit indah side, I foresee traffic jam in the near future.
So KSL semid cluster or nusa duta will be a better buy, perhaps ?
Any brothers or sisters here can offer some expert opinions?
muchos gracias

Ok Nusa Duta that side is ok as its not far from HH side but the only issue i have with it is that its on lower ground and near to some power cable towers and the spillover traffic from the Nusa Bestari side also makes a potentially high traffic area especially as more shops near Giant are opening up.

Its just my own preference though, having been there, i am pretty sure its a very livable area and some units are far enough from the power cables.

sillysinky

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes you have a point there about the traffic from more and more shops coming up near giant. very hard to tell whether it will be better here or bukit indah side.
nusa duta sales telling me to make my mind up quickly as they don't have many units left.

sillysinky

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm asking about the difference between Adda Heights and Bandar Dato Onn.

cathy, adda heights got a new launch at RM550k. The sales guy called me last week after my first enquiry there a few months ago. His name is Mr teoh, very good service and responsive.
Try calling him at the office.
cheers

maxpark

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi all,

Been following this thread with interest and thanks to many especially TS for all the useful info and tips!

My newbie posting and hope able to get some views/pointers on following questions :

1. investment
- any views on the condo project at HH vs the apartment at East Ledang (next to Ujana, to be launched next year); which would be a better buy?
- any views on SkyLoft, the apartment project at Bkt Indah? How does it compare to the above two projects in terms of rental potential and future capital appreciation?

2. own stay
- am considering getting a landed property as 2nd/weekend home but am a bit lost/spoilt(?) for choices. I'm targeting either semi-d or cluster or corner terraces as would like to have a bit of land for pets. Have narrowed the area to around HH/Nusa Idaman/Bkt Indah.
- how would you rate/consider merits/demerits of (quality of) living in
(a) resale semi-D at HH
(b) new semi-d at Nusa Idaman
(c) new link-bungalow at Bkt Indah?
- what would your pick be from the above 3 and why?

Would appreciate some kind views/pointers from seniors and sifus here.

Many many thanks in advance and keep the conversation alive!!!

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi all,

Been following this thread with interest and thanks to many especially TS for all the useful info and tips!

My newbie posting and hope able to get some views/pointers on following questions :

1. investment
- any views on the condo project at HH vs the apartment at East Ledang (next to Ujana, to be launched next year); which would be a better buy?
- any views on SkyLoft, the apartment project at Bkt Indah? How does it compare to the above two projects in terms of rental potential and future capital appreciation?

2. own stay
- am considering getting a landed property as 2nd/weekend home but am a bit lost/spoilt(?) for choices. I'm targeting either semi-d or cluster or corner terraces as would like to have a bit of land for pets. Have narrowed the area to around HH/Nusa Idaman/Bkt Indah.
(a) resale semi-D at HH

Ok, forget about condos if you can, even HH ones because for just a couple of hundred thousand more, you can get landed.

(a) resale semi-D at HH

If i were you, i would get (a) or (b) but (a) would be to me a better choice because of the facilities as well as being viewed as a higher tiered development.

My view is echoed by relatives who has been to quite a few of these places and their opinions on them are pretty similar.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Agreed, everytime i pass through Nusa Bestari or go to Perling, for sure, i have to go past that junction and its already pretty busy now. More so when the new shops get taken up.

Batok Seri

Alfrescian
Loyal
For residents of HH, there is still another road to the 2nd link ( small road with no traffic lights! ). Coming out from HH towards Bukit Indah side u will see two guards manning the barrier.. if u go straight u will hit Bukit Indah and the highway after that.

If this place becomes congested in the future, u turn LEFT after the guardhouse to go into Nusa Idaman. In the near future, there will not be any guards and its accessible. Once u go inside and little bit of turns, u will reach Legoland/East Ledang side and then the highway.

Disclaimer: If its the first time trying, do not travel before 7am. Its completely DARK. I myself tested this road several times at 4am in the morning while returning to Singapore and damn its solid dark that I swear there are pontianaks loitering around waiting to gang-rape me!

Good tip this.

Turn left immediately after HH gantry. It is actually public road even if it looks like entrance to Nusa Idaman. Dual carriageway but be careful, there may still be oncoming vehicles on the same side as you.

Follow this road until you hit T junction and make a left. All the way till you merge into a big highway (this is a portion of the Coastal Highway stretch). At first roundabout take the 3 o'clock exit will lead to East Ledang/Ledang Heights. These roads are dusty/sandy with earthmover spillages so be careful. You're on the right track if you see rows of giant white pipes by the side of the road. So far no pontianaks spotted but lots of monkeys.

Somebody clocked his odometer and claims this route saves abt 1.4 km to second link. However, coming back to HH from Tuas same way is tricky as you have to go Gelang Patah and make a Uturn back to the Coastal Hway.

If you had gone straight on 12 oclock at the roundabout you can see the HH clubhouse on the left in the distance and the stretch which will join the current HH gantry being built. Next to it is the proposed school for serious smokers.

WRT Nusa Duta, I share wuqi's observation, the land is at a lower level than even Jalan Bestari (the road that separates Tesco from Giant). Seems the lay of the land is Tesco side is upslope and Giant side is downslope. But I still can't forget the huge master bedroom of Nusa Duta's larger semi-D's. I can tell my wife was planning a walk-in wardrobe in the walk-in wardrobe.

Coolsaint77

Alfrescian
Loyal
Disclaimer: If its the first time trying, do not travel before 7am. Its completely DARK. I myself tested this road several times at 4am in the morning while returning to Singapore and damn its solid dark that I swear there are pontianaks loitering around waiting to gang-rape me!

The stretch after the roundabout turning towards the sign that says "Medini" ie towards East Ledang is pretty run down at the moment. And mind you its 2 way road, yes... no lightings.

g3abc

Alfrescian
Loyal
hello wuqi,

re-your post, "1. investment
- any views on SkyLoft, the apartment project at Bkt Indah? How does it compare to the above two projects in terms of rental potential and future capital appreciation?"

1. What is the name of the new apartment next to Ujana ? price psf ?

Thanks

contra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi all,

1. investment

2. own stay
(a) resale semi-D at HH

In my first visit to HH, I was tempted by the Fairway Suites as the showroom reflects well the vision of the development with high ceiling, good quality & at RM350 psqft (just a fraction of even HDB). I was seeing it with a Singapore blinker on.

Then the local sales guys posed a question why not a freehold landed for a few thousand ringgit more for a terrace? Although facility & security not as exclusive as condo, the landed in this gated community still pretty good. That made sense and I purchased my first house in HH. It is for my ultimate retirement and in between if rent offer is good, I will consider. (Thus in JB, I feel when assessing condo as investment for rent income, got to consider the possibility of competition from any type of landed properties (eg Semi d, terrace) in gated communities)

If it still has to be a condo, I will still prefer HH's Fairway Suites vs East Ledang. HHFS has rare majestic golf view and unobstructed, and I just felt HH atmosphere to be right for me. East Ledang's slight edge is more accesible to students who will study in EduCity and some expats without kids who work in Medini. However in time there would be public transport within all the developments in Nusajaya, it should blunt the edge.

Key is to make a few visits to JB and ask yourself which development feels right for you. And not just day trip but if possible night trip as well as they are give quite different ambience. For me, HH just felt right. Hope you find yours. Happy hunting!

maxpark

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi all,

Capital apprecation u shd go for Ujana side condos BUT provided u can buy and hold for 5-10 years. The value will keep going up. When coastal highway and the rest of the developments start to see light, everything will rise.

Thanks for your view.

maxpark

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ok, forget about condos if you can, even HH ones because for just a couple of hundred thousand more, you can get landed.

(a) resale semi-D at HH

If i were you, i would get (a) or (b) but (a) would be to me a better choice because of the facilities as well as being viewed as a higher tiered development.

My view is echoed by relatives who has been to quite a few of these places and their opinions on them are pretty similar.

Hmmm... I was leaning towards (c) as location is better, being closer to basic amenities. And it is G&G too.
For (a), in my few visits into Gateway and Golf precints, I get the feeling that 20 to maybe 30% are residents and there are many units still for sale/rent. However, the feeling of exclusivity is certainly there and there is a certain kind of ambience that you dont quite find in the other projects.
For (b), aside from it being cheaper than the others, it is quite normal.

Will take my time to ponder more... Thanks for your advice, appreciate it!

maxpark

Alfrescian
Loyal
hello wuqi,

re-your post, "1. investment
- any views on SkyLoft, the apartment project at Bkt Indah? How does it compare to the above two projects in terms of rental potential and future capital appreciation?"

1. What is the name of the new apartment next to Ujana ? price psf ?

Thanks

Sorry its a secret!

Just kidding! :smile:
Actually I dont know the name as well, maybe the salesperson had mentioned it but slipped my mind now.
You can go down to check at the showroom, its located near to the entrance into East Ledang.
I think they will launch sometime after CNY and you can register if interested.
They are thinking to price it above Ujana and it will be a larger project than Ujana - the key word is, it will be marketed as an apartment, not condo...
Lower price = condo?
Higher price = apartment?
well, this was what was told by the salesperson.

Personally, from the marketing materials, Ujana looks nicer and more upmarket but I guess that point is already moot.
Sorry thats about all I know so far, so waiting for their call after CNY.
Cheers!

maxpark

Alfrescian
Loyal
In my first visit to HH, I was tempted by the Fairway Suites as the showroom reflects well the vision of the development with high ceiling, good quality & at RM350 psqft (just a fraction of even HDB). I was seeing it with a Singapore blinker on.

Then the local sales guys posed a question why not a freehold landed for a few thousand ringgit more for a terrace? Although facility & security not as exclusive as condo, the landed in this gated community still pretty good. That made sense and I purchased my first house in HH. It is for my ultimate retirement and in between if rent offer is good, I will consider. (Thus in JB, I feel when assessing condo as investment for rent income, got to consider the possibility of competition from any type of landed properties (eg Semi d, terrace) in gated communities)

If it still has to be a condo, I will still prefer HH's Fairway Suites vs East Ledang. HHFS has rare majestic golf view and unobstructed, and I just felt HH atmosphere to be right for me. East Ledang's slight edge is more accesible to students who will study in EduCity and some expats without kids who work in Medini. However in time there would be public transport within all the developments in Nusajaya, it should blunt the edge.

Key is to make a few visits to JB and ask yourself which development feels right for you. And not just day trip but if possible night trip as well as they are give quite different ambience. For me, HH just felt right. Hope you find yours. Happy hunting!

Hey, I share many of your views regarding Fairway Suites - some of the things you mentioned are literally what I was thinking too when I visited their sales gallery! :biggrin:
As you well put it, the 'rare majestic golf view and unobstructed', the fact that it is on high grounds, quality (at least on paper) facilities, etc, etc...
And at current pricing, its a steal if you use Singapore's prices to compare!
Actually I feel FS being the one and only condo project within HH, this will make it an even more desirable target in the long run if the developer plays its cards right.

I'll have to do more homework ... frankly, the more I went around JB the past couple of weeks, the more bewildered I am with the many choices and types of housing available... and this is just within a small part of Iskandar!

Happy for you that you found your first home in HH.
Hopefully, I'll find the right one/s that will suit my needs.
Thanks again, cheers! :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.