• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jogs1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey congrats... i bet you booked the Type B backing the perimeter fence and counting #3 from the right.

Bingo! U guess correctly:smile: Is this the one u rejected? Anyway, nice to have u as my opposite neighbor and we can help to watch out our home when no one around:smile:

Jogs1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Has problem getting outside contractor to do it at reasonable price and guard does not allow them in anyway. What is the going rate for your lawn ? This Alex chap is charging Rm50 monthly , twice a month service as my land not so big , probably around 1500 sqft.

Think this Alex charging rm50 for twice a month is very reasonable for 1500sqft lawn.

Jogs1

Alfrescian
Loyal
A bit ex but if you are a member of the club, you get 20% off. Food is good though the view is one of the pull factors for us when we first went to the place.

I saw him with another friend (came from UK) who introduced us, didn't know he was buying until he took out his cheque book

Thanks bro wuqi, I will wait for my HH friends to invite me to eat at the clubhouse restaurant. Is very good deal after 20% discount, and definitely nice n relaxing green view to enjoy with friends or family.

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Think this Alex charging rm50 for twice a month is very reasonable for 1500sqft lawn.

This Alex guy is only making quick buck by arranging . He said his brother in this biz of lawn care. Yet to see how good. Has wanted once a month service but he has been persistent to do twice a month at RM50. Am trying for a 3 month trial.:smile:

Coolsaint77

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bingo! U guess correctly:smile: Is this the one u rejected? Anyway, nice to have u as my opposite neighbor and we can help to watch out our home when no one around:smile:

Haha not reject lah. This in fact was the best available unit by the developer pricing because of the positioning facing south, backing slope, no noon sun at all. What happened was along the way someone returned a unit next to the long strip of garden, but the unit has slanted afternoon sun shining onto master and living room. For me i switched to this later unit because of the openness at the side facing garden... so hello in advance to neighbour

Coolsaint77

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi on normal working days, what time will the jam starts from Tuas back to Johor? Most of the time I go Johor from Tuas around 4pm+ and sometimes even 5pm at Sg customs and there are no jams. I heard the jams will come in after 7pm and 6pm is still quite hassle-free?

Yup you're right. Up till 6 plus is quite ok. 7pm - 8pm more crowded but quite tolerable. Do expect some freak delays once in a while... especially during times of "changing shift" lol

Coolsaint77

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are not the carrot, I have been quoted higher.

Honestly i find it ok. It is about an hour plus work, and the guy has to drive his motorbike with his equipment to the area. I made him pluck some of the weeds as well, dont just trim them, uproot them :biggrin:. Most importantly the flexibility of doing this at my timing on weekends. (You would be surprised, S'poreans are trying to get a best deal out of such things whereas locals like my neighbour found the price cheap)

I suppose for someone like Alex to offer 2x a month at MYR50... he would have to be around the area to service a few houses. Since he is in the vicinity anyway, 2x a month is not an awful lot of extra effort. This explains why he has to flykite often... because it would be tough to specially arrange a time to come down to earn MYR25 if he is not in the vicinity.

Last edited:

Coolsaint77

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey Coolsaint... thanks for the advice... will need to be more careful since these operators might not be following any food safety/hygiene standards.

BTW, you're currently staying in NI, right? How are things over there? We might rent there end of next year when my HDB tenancy ends. What's the rental rate like over there? Thanks.

Hi Vincentck

I took up tenancy at the beginning of last year, the owner is a Singaporean. I'll send you PM on the rate i am paying. Basically renting in a local market is quite different from foreigners' market like HH.

Not to worry, there are lots and lots of coffee shops and food stalls here. Afterall what other business can people do here?

Jogs1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Haha not reject lah. This in fact was the best available unit by the developer pricing because of the positioning facing south, backing slope, no noon sun at all. What happened was along the way someone returned a unit next to the long strip of garden, but the unit has slanted afternoon sun shining onto master and living room. For me i switched to this later unit because of the openness at the side facing garden... so hello in :wink:advance to neighbour

Frankly speaking, whether morning or afternoon sun, we also affected.....it either sun to living or dining. The most matter is u must choose the right side unit which side sliding door are able to let the wind from north come in....more cooling:smile: No worry, u made a good choice!

BTW, hope anyone enjoy tonite X'mas eve, and I wish all have a MERRY merry X'MAS day.:p

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
Foodie53.jpg

A mushroom risotto I've made for a quiet Christmas dinner tonight, enjoying the space and the air of freedom about the whole business of staying at the other side. You're all talking about eat out. Start cookin' at home, or hire me! haha. Bcos I am at the east side I tend to use the causeway exclusively. going out after 9am before 11am should be smooth. Coming back, best 4-5pm. You'll get stuck mostly at SG side by 6pm and JB city traffic. Also - happy Christmas and merry new year to all here active posters and readers alike.

Last edited:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Foodie53.jpg

A mushroom risotto I've made for a quiet Christmas dinner tonight, enjoying the space and the air of freedom about the whole business of staying at the other side. You're all talking about eat out. Start cookin' at home, or hire me! haha. Bcos I am at the east side I tend to use the causeway exclusively. going out after 9am before 11am should be smooth. Coming back, best 4-5pm. You'll get stuck mostly at SG side by 6pm and JB city traffic. Also - happy Christmas and merry new year to all here active posters and readers alike.

Looks great! Yeah home cook food is the best! Frankly I tried the food court in Jusco Bukit Indah and the food is awful. The beef of the fried rice is not fresh, in the end have to throw and eat somewhere else. Only can eat in the restaurants there. Where do you stay in the east side? I'm looking at Adda Height. Seems really hot there. Any comments anyone?

Coolsaint77

Alfrescian
Loyal
Looks great! Yeah home cook food is the best! Frankly I tried the food court in Jusco Bukit Indah and the food is awful. The beef of the fried rice is not fresh, in the end have to throw and eat somewhere else. Only can eat in the restaurants there. Where do you stay in the east side? I'm looking at Adda Height. Seems really hot there. Any comments anyone?

Yeah the Jusco Bukit Indah food court is bad.

The Black Canyon food is pretty good. On the second floor the steamboat restaurant called Johnny's is good, it is copied after MK Suki. If you wanna eat at Soul Thai, that was where i had my Xmas eve dinner :biggrin:... try the one along Nusa Bestari... ample parking and comfortable setting

Jogs1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree.
Out of the three supermarts in the area, Tesco's food court is best.

P.S. Merry Xmas to everyone too.
Were any of you responsible for the short mini fireworks at HH tonite?

Please tell us more what are the nice foods in Tesco. I will try it one of this day.

toyohon

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is one country where fireworks go off during Diwali, CNY, Hari Raya, Hari Merdeka, New Year's Day, Christmas, & birthdays too ! :biggrin::smile::smile:

Coolsaint77

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is one country where fireworks go off during Diwali, CNY, Hari Raya, Hari Merdeka, New Year's Day, Christmas, & birthdays too ! :biggrin::smile::smile:

I especially love the super loud and glorious one... i am not boasting but i believe it has the intensity of what we see during new year countdown at marina. I heard one round of 20 costs about MYR500.

Status
Not open for further replies.