• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coolsaint77

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi everyone,

I've been reading all the posts for the past 3-4 weeks and just finished it today. Thanks to bro wuqi for his sharing and enlightenment on living in JB, as well as everyone else who has contributed to this topic, whether positive or negative.

My wife and I just bought a corner terrace in Nusa Idaman phase 8 last Sunday, and this Sunday will go down again to sign the SPA as well as pay the 10%. We checked out HH Gateway, Golf and The Hills; liked the security and BU of the houses, but hate the high price. So, we drove around and found Nusa Idaman to be more affordable. With the money saved, we plan to renovate and spend on security features for our new house 2 years later when the house is complete.

I've only one thing to contribute for now; we had dinner last Sunday at a corner mamak restaurant in Nusa Idaman, opposite the UEM sales office... the next day, my wife developed stomach cramps, vomitting and diarrhea around lunch time, while I got the same symptoms after dinner. We suspect it is food poisoning from the mamak shop; we only ate roti telur and maggi goreng with hot milo and ice milo drinks. If it was 1 person, then it could have been anything we ate on Monday during our working hours, but since both of us have it, we conclude it's food poisoning from that shop and we're banning that shop from our list.

Hi, i believe you are referring to the Indian shop near to the larger Chinese coffee shop. Ok... frankly, the last i tried, the Chinese coffee shop was awful... and i hardly frequent the Indian shop.

My advice is just drive a little further out to the junction "Pearl restaurant" which is a busy and established coffee shop.

Also, whenever i eat stingray in JB... no matter where, i will fall sick with diarhoea. Otherwise the rest of the food are ok.

Coolsaint77

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi have you seen the newly launched semi-des at Nusa Idaman? The sales brought me to see two semi-ds showhouses which are opposite each other and the other one faces a hill/slope. I was told that its a very big forest reserve which is untouchable.

Somehow I dont feel comfortable with this semi-d although the size is quite ok. Inside the car on reaching the show-house, what I saw was.. err.. 20+ shirts, panties, jeans, towels etc hung onto the fence of the showhouse to dry under the sun.

Very HDB/Sinkie-like behaviour! But I have to agree that the one facing the lake/pond is quite scenic and Nusa Idaman is very accessible to the "City Centre" of Legoland and Puteri Harbour as there is a main road which connects there. Its totally dark at night though as I have tried road to return to Singapore a few mornings ago.

Ok... these semi-Ds are in the same gated area as an older phase that has double storey terraces and single storey terraces. It is very very mixed. I walk my dog in here frequently and the security lets me in.

The design of the houses here are rather old fashion. And it is one of the developments with the worst modification done by owners. Despite being an older phase, quite a few houses are still empty.

The location of the semi-Ds at the back is somewhat not desirable. Some of them are facing the single storey houses... which in Malaysia is generally occupied by the less well off... in many cases could be purchased for workers to stay.

Having said that, the view from the show house at the last row is fantastic. It is perched on high ground, unblock, and has a panoramic view of the entire long strip of garden + surrounding. I was very tempted... but i worry i might be robbed and killed in the house without anyone knowing :biggrin:

Coolsaint77

Alfrescian
Loyal
does anyone has a good grass cutting service in johor to recommend ? Am using my HH place as weekends home, so cannot be there to supervise. Need a reliable one to do a monthly job at reasonable price.

You mean you want them to cut the grass when you are not around? But you can arrange for them to come in during the weekend when you are around. Having said that... i have to look for that guy's namecard...

Coolsaint77

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ya, type A n B not much left. I'm lucky enough to secure one of type B unit which has morning sun. Just made payment for the first 10k this morning:biggrin:

Actually type D quite good but it's too huge for my small family. U are rite about type E, too many steps to climb, not suitable for retirement... nevertheleds it had it own beauty, exclusive masterbedroom at it own floor.

Ok, think I eligible to say HELLO to my neighbors now:smile:

Hey congrats... i bet you booked the Type B backing the perimeter fence and counting #3 from the right :-p

Type D is 3920 sft compared to Type B's 3803 sft... not hugely different. But type D ground floor's guest room is rather small... although the living+dining+kitchen combined space is large enough to play badminton lol.

Overall i find Type B has the best layout, Type A has the best value (extra room), Type C has the best view.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi toolate, Monday is their off day, every other day they are open including Sundays. Whenever i have friends who wants to go over on Monday evening, i would remind myself that they are closed.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
A bit ex but if you are a member of the club, you get 20% off. Food is good though the view is one of the pull factors for us when we first went to the place.

I saw him with another friend (came from UK) who introduced us, didn't know he was buying until he took out his cheque book

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi, i believe you are referring to the Indian shop near to the larger Chinese coffee shop. Ok... frankly, the last i tried, the Chinese coffee shop was awful... and i hardly frequent the Indian shop.

My advice is just drive a little further out to the junction "Pearl restaurant" which is a busy and established coffee shop.

Also, whenever i eat stingray in JB... no matter where, i will fall sick with diarhoea. Otherwise the rest of the food are ok.

Hey Coolsaint... thanks for the advice... will need to be more careful since these operators might not be following any food safety/hygiene standards.

BTW, you're currently staying in NI, right? How are things over there? We might rent there end of next year when my HDB tenancy ends. What's the rental rate like over there? Thanks.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi Coolsaint, the person coming to cut the grass for you should preferably be your own neighbour or if it has to be done by a biz, then best if the person stays in that development. More accountability and peace of mind especially if you don't have to compromise security of the place since your neighbour stays inside the compound anyway.

I cut my own grass and some of our neighbours, we help each other water plants and cut grass when each other is away.

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal
You mean you want them to cut the grass when you are not around? But you can arrange for them to come in during the weekend when you are around. Having said that... i have to look for that guy's namecard...

I tried this chap Alex who also part of HH maintenance and kena fly aeroplane thrice. He finally got his brother to do the job but I have yet to check. That is why I need reliable one that will do as promise.

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can someone suggest a good time to avoid jam at causeway and 2nd link these school holiday, please skip the mid-nite to 6am time.

Was there on Sat around 1pm, jam for at least an hour plus
Was also there Sat 7:30am , jam for an hour plus also
Has come back Tues 8:30pm also jam for an hour .
Beh-tahan liao.
Wondering if this will be the norm in future.

Coolsaint77

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Coolsaint, the person coming to cut the grass for you should preferably be your own neighbour or if it has to be done by a biz, then best if the person stays in that development. More accountability and peace of mind especially if you don't have to compromise security of the place since your neighbour stays inside the compound anyway.

I cut my own grass and some of our neighbours, we help each other water plants and cut grass when each other is away.

Yes, agreed. Esp for HH i don't think its easy for outside business to get in, in the absence of owner.

My side is not so strict so anybody goes.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
You can get the basic bosch model for 100 plus at the DIY shop outside near the coffeeshop.
Weekend will be tough as starting to be a lot of folks coming in, i try to come in on Friday after 11pm

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Avoid the Alex guy, we have a neighbour here who has a landscaping business, he is living here so more accountability. Let me know if you are keen else you can always DIY for the grass.

Coolsaint77

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can someone suggest a good time to avoid jam at causeway and 2nd link these school holiday, please skip the mid-nite to 6am time.

Was there on Sat around 1pm, jam for at least an hour plus
Was also there Sat 7:30am , jam for an hour plus also
Has come back Tues 8:30pm also jam for an hour .
Beh-tahan liao.
Wondering if this will be the norm in future.

Don't worry, it is not. I have been travelling for 1.5 years daily.
These few days are holiday and Xmas shopping induced.
But i always use second link, i dont think its feasible to travel via Woodlands frequently.

Last Saturday was indeed a freak jam, 5 km long at second link. 1pm considered lucky, some bros came in at 2pm kanna worse.

Now... if your travelling pattern is like me, ie Johor to Tuas in the morning, and Tuas to Johor in the evening, you are quite ok. You are against the peak traffic. The opposite direction is not quite the same for both mornings and evenings.

Coolsaint77

Alfrescian
Loyal
You can get the basic bosch model for 100 plus at the DIY shop outside near the coffeeshop.
Weekend will be tough as starting to be a lot of folks coming in, i try to come in on Friday after 11pm

I tried the hand-held machine while in Singapore... i gave up. It looked as if i tried to give myself a haircut! I admit it is not one of my talents :biggrin:

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Avoid the Alex guy, we have a neighbour here who has a landscaping business, he is living here so more accountability. Let me know if you are keen else you can always DIY for the grass.

Has problem getting outside contractor to do it at reasonable price and guard does not allow them in anyway. What is the going rate for your lawn ? This Alex chap is charging Rm50 monthly , twice a month service as my land not so big , probably around 1500 sqft.

Coolsaint77

Alfrescian
Loyal
Has problem getting outside contractor to do it at reasonable price and guard does not allow them in anyway. What is the going rate for your lawn ? This Alex chap is charging Rm50 monthly , twice a month service as my land not so big , probably around 1500 sqft.

Uber cheap... is that why he fly aeroplane so frequently... or is it i'm carrot for paying someone MYR50 per month for once a month service

Status
Not open for further replies.