• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
By the way, you have to take note of the location of an electrical room in Phase 2. Standing on Phase 2 and facing Phase 1, the electrical room is located on the right hand corner between Phase 1 and Phase 2. Your resale value will be affected because many people will choose not to have an electrical room next to their house.

Astute observation, best to avoid those with high power lines, transformer rooms or electrical power related buildings for health reasons

Coolsaint77

Alfrescian
Loyal
By the way, you have to take note of the location of an electrical room in Phase 2. Standing on Phase 2 and facing Phase 1, the electrical room is located on the right hand corner between Phase 1 and Phase 2. Your resale value will be affected because many people will choose not to have an electrical room next to their house.

To be honest i missed this. If i am standing on phase 2 and facing phase 1, i am towards the left corner... ie towards the Ledang Heights side. I hope i'm quite a distance away?

Coolsaint77

Alfrescian
Loyal
For Semi-D, I only have one. The other two are terraces of Phase 7 :smile: I'm thinking of getting 1 or 2 more terraces, will be going to Nusajaya with a friend tomorrow.

I somehow have the feeling smaller units will have a better investment return per investment dollar... up to the max size of semi-D

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
To be honest i missed this. If i am standing on phase 2 and facing phase 1, i am towards the left corner... ie towards the Ledang Heights side. I hope i'm quite a distance away?

Yes no problem at all, the units affected are those right beside the electrical room.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I somehow have the feeling smaller units will have a better investment return per investment dollar... up to the max size of semi-D

I think so too because price psf of terrace in EL is lowest compared to semi-d and bungalow. So more room left for upside.

wiseguy

Alfrescian
Loyal
To clarify, land reclamation is earmarked at Tjg Puteri to site the MRT station development - in addition to the reclaimed coast stretch along Jln Sultan Ibrahim.

Stevewish

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Friends,

Is it true that foreigner is eligible to purchase maximum of TWO residential lot?
Please advice.

Actually someone mentioned, Setia build budget home, but after checking their past few years history on property price, I doubt so. Their selling prices have never "budget" or cheap. Perhaps, it's compared to high end housing or >10 years ago pricing.

Setia Tropical has left one unit land 28 X 85 terrace (very BIG terrace (not corner: normal type land area 20 X 70), build-up never check. The location is very very near to NS highway. The future highway will bypass current Tebrau ( always jam currently) so driving will take 10min at most from causeway CIQ.
Price quoted RM 518k~568K( price cannot confirm but was told within).

Please advice whether it 's a good buy. Thank you.

danteakc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi dapbest, where to get such protective security films for cars?

Does film prevent windows from breaking or just hold the broken pieces together?

Thanks. :smile:

Can google for Wingard at Singapore near Jurong east. Cost is $1500 for all windows. Or can try Llumar at Kakit Bukit same price. However look out for tensile strength n break point. Llumar so far has best points with it's titanium series. Very black Flim. Not LTA friendly. Diamond series exp but LTA friendly. I'm getting Llumar at Taman Molek titanium series as JB is famous for breaking into windows when there is bags or gauges that can be seen from window.
Also take note front screen already equipped with thick glass so not recommended to paste however the side windows are a must! Gdluck

danteakc

Alfrescian
Loyal
All flims are meant to delay protrusion never meant to stop unless u install thicker flims which literally get the window stuck n unable to wind down. The best solution is to prevent green eye monstor. Keep bags n gauges hidden.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Since you have highlighted my name, pray point out what kind of vested interest i may have?

You have done so consistently from day one with claims to have superior knowledge about JB, i do not make that claim. I only share my experience.

Again, no one needs to take instruction from me or even your good learned self how they want to do things and spend their hard earned money, they are all adults and know what is right or wrong without needing to cast asperations or insult people at every turn.

I do not profit and those who had PM me and corresponded will know better. Its always been about living in JB and not investing in JB, my properties here are for my own use and i have never approached anyone for sale, etc.

I have also written back to people on my own time or in the middle of the night when they wanted some feedback, etc.

I am glad your stance has remained unchanged(good for you!) as its a good source of reminder but the even the locals here now are starting or already have adapted to a very different view.

"I have friends who dare not drive to Johore till today!" - Good for you and your friends, like what folks here have pointed out, lesser jams for everyone.

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
"Tell that to the ordinary Malaysians - they say you are stupid, if not crazy!"

Actually, that is old news.

They no longer say you are crazy, the guy who came to my place one year ago said did say that. The same guy who just came to install new aircon for my 2nd living room now says he should have bought.

Just like the same guys who scoffed at shoplots sold at 600k in the past at Nusa Bestari, until today still cannot believe it. My neighbour in fact just had a conversation with me about this 3 days back and he is local and going house hunting now.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Some of my learned friends will agree with that, again no investment is 100% secure though.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi Stevewish, you can get as much as you wish, banks though will stop lending at the 3rd property. Setia is ok but only selected places are worth buying.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
"Forummers like Wuqi are doing a good job sharing their real life experiences living there. Very noble indeed - if it is without vested interest!"

Oh of course you don't, you are perfect and never insult others. You are not superior sounding, know it all and have never claim to have superior experience. (past houses, floods in less than 50 years) You have never cast asperations on others too as you are just trying to help everyone here realise that there is no world outside of Singapore, we will just die and wilt outside.

Oh yes, floods only in JB and nowhere else. Shophouses in JB all are still built on stilts and only single storey. The roofs must still be made of attap too!! :biggrin:

Twisting? I leave that to the others to decide. I for sure have moved on, to JB.
Thank you. :biggrin:

Last edited:

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
Myo:

I will say this once and will not reply to your further posts if you so choose. Also, I don't have a bone to pick with you either just replying to things you've posted. I think you have valid concerns in fact all of us who decided to shift to JB have had these exact same concerns. But the thing is we try to adapt and find ways to get around these. That shows the true human potential no? These concerns are not an end to itself. Else nobody will live in Alaska for the cold and dreary sunless piece of land, nobody will live in HK for the compact and tight living quarters and the list goes on.

Talk about floods what of Bukit Timah? Surely people are still staying put even after the death of their hyper expensive drowned cars. The same place has seen termite infested days too according to my colleague who was a victim. All factors considered we've made our peace and are secretly enjoying our decision. Its good to practice discretion and as the Chinese saying goes '3 thoughts' however, but exercise too much caution to the point of paranoia means most often missing the last boat.

I teach and this is the same thing I tell my students - chart out your own path rather than just follow the nice and trodden path then you'll be ahead and leading the followers rather than be another follower which incidentally is one of the major reasons why SG has so few entrepreneurs because of the 'risks' perceived.

Actually I am not trying to convince you to come over to JB actually that's not my point at all but to point out the intricacies of the thought process for I am not without fault either, my view is definitely biased since I am talking to you from the 'dark' side. haha. cheers and let's have a cuppa and enjoy the Sunny Sunday afternoon fellow formers.

edm23

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just ignore him. This thread is not here to compare the two countries, it is for the sharing of useful information. Don't get sidetracked.

People with his mentality will always create trouble.

Hey bros and friends, as bro ManBearPig62 has rightfully pointed out, let us not sidetrack from the objective of this thread. We are all here to find out and share information about "Living in JB", let us realign our discussions back towards Wuqi's original intend of starting this thread shall we? Peace to all :smile:

Let me start the ball rolling, i went down to HH yesterday to have a look... There are some serious activities and action going on within the development.. Its my first trip to HH and i have to say it is very impressive indeed! Very envious of all that went in early, the prices have went up by quite a fair bit since a year or two ago.

I think business must be really good coz the sales person that was serving me and my wife can't really be bothered to make my stay an impressionable one. I was made to follow him in my car and he was driving so fast that i have problem catching up with him! He didn't really provide me with much information abt the units that we went to, once we reached, he will just leave us alone to walk about. When we reached the Fairway Suites showroom, he didn't even go in with us?? Just showed us the door and lighted a cigerette... Does anyone have similar experience? Any bros here have better sales person to recommend?

edm23

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi bros, i am now shopping around for a mortage loan. Would like to find out your opinions and views on loans that are structured around BLR Vs FDR.

From what i understand, EXN BXXk is the only bank offering it now. At first impression, the FDR seems to be better as its 1% + FD rates and logically FD rates should be more stable vs BLR. However after comparing BLR and FDR, it seems that the BLR - 2.3% deals seems to yield a better deal between 2000 onwards largely. Any comments or views?

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Headlines in The New Paper on Sunday; December 5, 2010

LEAVING IN FEAR

Victim who lost 3 fingers in savage slashing flees Singapore after attackers' release from detention.

Helpless dad fears for son's life, relocates family to 'neighbouring country'.

Is the place safer than Singapore?

See Page 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.