• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 4

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am not interested in day trips. Those are a waste of time. You wont save much either. The attitude of the customs i dont like. We are treated like common criminals. The inflation of johor is caused by their people making and spending sgd. Froeigners are a very tiny percent. Every problem they have is their own greedy people making prices higher. Nothjng to do with us

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Me neither, how many Singaporeans are interested to be working over there, somehow the attitude is that all of us are trying to make a fast buck there which isn't true. My single salary once paid for 17 pax salaries over there when things were bad and i have been a tax payer there for years. Still its the same, i will try to get the MM2H and if they change it again, i will just use it as a weekend home and start another base somewhere else.

eric3417

Alfrescian
Loyal
Me neither, how many Singaporeans are interested to be working over there, somehow the attitude is that all of us are trying to make a fast buck there which isn't true. My single salary once paid for 17 pax salaries over there when things were bad and i have been a tax payer there for years. Still its the same, i will try to get the MM2H and if they change it again, i will just use it as a weekend home and start another base somewhere else.
Good luck on your MM2H journey… i was thinking why don’t access the Political situation & who is Msia’s next Govt come 2023 before applying? Might have more realistic & favourable MM2H terms revision then. I have applied 2x without success (once in 2018) & the other time post covid (dec 2019). Current terms are not realistic for us.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Definitely not doable for me for the West Malaysia track, just try the East Malaysia one and see how it goes, may finally step into semi-retirement (i have extremely simple needs) and just slowly wind down whats life of my life.

saytoomuch

Alfrescian
Loyal
Rules affecting Singaporeans who have property in Malaysia do change with different Malaysian Governments under various Malaysian PMs.
It is a risk laden adventure. You have little certainty. Malaysia My Second Home was merely a marketing sweet talk to get foreigners to open their wallets.
In one sweep, Mahathir killed that notion. Once again Mahathir appealed to Malays xenophobic sentiments and raised specter of too many foreigners in Malaysia may undermine their Malay dominance. That was mostly directed at Forest City which is dead/dying now as a development project. Now that he is no longer PM, the after effect of his damage to MM2H remains. It is broken.
Once Malaysia breaks the trust, foreigners do not believe MM2H anymore.

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal
Rules affecting Singaporeans who have property in Malaysia do change with different Malaysian Governments under various Malaysian PMs.
It is a risk laden adventure. You have little certainty. Malaysia My Second Home was merely a marketing sweet talk to get foreigners to open their wallets.
In one sweep, Mahathir killed that notion. Once again Mahathir appealed to Malays xenophobic sentiments and raised specter of too many foreigners in Malaysia may undermine their Malay dominance. That was mostly directed at Forest City which is dead/dying now as a development project. Now that he is no longer PM, the after effect of his damage to MM2H remains. It is broken.
Is mahatir incharge now? It is this new guy that has been the craziest.

saytoomuch

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is mahatir incharge now? It is this new guy that has been the craziest.
Mahathir killed his own PMship by stage managing his own resignation just to refuse hand over power to Anwar. Expecting the King will appoint him as PM.
But Mahathir got played out by his own people. Now Mahathir is blaming Anwar (that he, Mahathir is now not PM). Is that crazy enough for you?
The new guy is crazy in imposing chicken ban when Malaysia media keep saying there is actually no shortage and that they suffer massive $ losses.
Now Malaysia chicken farmers lost their slice of the pie to Thai and Australian suppliers.

myrsing

Alfrescian
Loyal

MM2H was introduced when Mahathir was the PM. Present stringent criteria not introduce by Mahathir.

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal
I suppose it was dead cheap back then. S$150K can buy you a double storey terrace.
The ceiling has been 1 mil for how long already? Stop dreaming. Even locals are paying more. Thanks to property fake boom. If you pay thise prices, see those break in videos? Thats where you are staying

myrsing

Alfrescian
Loyal
The ceiling has been 1 mil for how long already? Stop dreaming. Even locals are paying more. Thanks to property fake boom. If you pay thise prices, see those break in videos? Thats where you are staying

During Najib time threshold above 500K only. Only S$160K. So anything below Rm600K can consider, imo. Not to flip.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Foreigners are subjected to rpgt capital gain tax at their whims and fancy. Suka suka increased from 5% to 10% (for holding period above 5 years) while Malaysian citizens got all kinds of goodies exemption of rpgt, stamp duty whatever. The worse is their policies always apply to foreigners that already bought property and have no choice but to accept ther cb policy changes.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Foreigners are subjected to rpgt capital gain tax at their whims and fancy. Suka suka increased from 5% to 10% (for holding period above 5 years) while Malaysian citizens got all kinds of goodies exemption of rpgt, stamp duty whatever. The worse is their policies always apply to foreigners that already bought property and have no choice but to accept ther cb policy changes.
So don’t say I didn’t give kind warning to sinkies on this rpgt tax always increasing. So foreigners should NEVER buy Malaysia properties.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
What’s an increase in tax from 5% to 10%? That’s an increase of 100% okay? Coupled with currency decline means double whammy no real profit but got to pay tax.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
What’s an increase in tax from 5% to 10%? That’s an increase of 100% okay? Coupled with currency decline means double whammy no real profit but got to pay tax.
Oh ya this increase in rpgt from 5% to 10% was definitely during mahathir time.

Cottonmouth

Alfrescian
Loyal
So foreigners should NEVER buy Malaysia properties

that's rich coming from JB house buyer loser like yourself.
1655738416524.png