• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 4

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal
600k as you bought at 1mil def will tank existing pricetag, and the remaining units if they dont lower price it will be stuck forever. Next year will be chaos. Remember the people whk said never buy jb property

eric3417

Alfrescian
Loyal
$600k next year from 1/1/2020 to 31/12/2020 (1yr window) is only for Developer existing project units completed but unable to sell for 9mths or more (Overhang units). But if not wrong to date Johor State yet to confirm if they will be lowering the Foreigner limit for these projects to $600k. Every state can set their own limits. Penang’s limit next year is $800k.

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal
The problem is you already paid 1mil. So if they lower the existing properties in your place you are fucked. Theres no way you are ever selling at what you paid for. You can talk about state prices. They do not determine if people buy or not. If the market tanks whatever price is set no one will buy

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Not for landed.

Yes not for landed, the 600k limit is to me, raising the bar and not lowering it. As it is today, one can still get condos for 500k from the overhang units. So by making it 600k, it is actually making it more difficult, not easier to buy properties here. No matter the price, banks remain the main deal maker/breaker of any properties.

A condo in Medini.
I once informed my associate not to touch, she did and now she found a buyer (subsale) selling at a slight loss but after months of trying, all banks have rejected the potential buyers loan application due to the property (not the buyer).

They seem to have the thinking that properties here are in short supply, foreigners have nowhere else to go and have to rely on just one country or one state.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Yes not for landed, the 600k limit is to me, raising the bar and not lowering it. As it is today, one can still get condos for 500k from the overhang units. So by making it 600k, it is actually making it more difficult, not easier to buy properties here. No matter the price, banks remain the main deal maker/breaker of any properties.

A condo in Medini.
I once informed my associate not to touch, she did and now she found a buyer (subsale) selling at a slight loss but after months of trying, all banks have rejected the potential buyers loan application due to the property (not the buyer).

They seem to have the thinking that properties here are in short supply, foreigners have nowhere else to go and have to rely on just one country or one state.

Singaporeans have the wrong, and stupid approach to buying properties in Malaysia, especially Johor. They should not buy in the hopes of making profit or capital gains. That is not going to be likely in a place with so much land and so many developers doing big projects that can easily flood the market and depress prices. rather, they should look at it as a long term alternative to living in singapore. With a freehold condo in a low cost country, they can live comfortably and avoid a high cost environment like singapore. That's specially applicable to retiring sinkies who can sell they HDB flats and take some money out from the CPF. For working sinkies, it is also a possible scenario to have your daily and living cost low, while earning bigger money working in singapore. The issue is the commute, but so what? Hundreds of thousands of malaysians do the commute every day. They should stop being guniangs and do the same thing.

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal
And they are not wrong. Look at sinkieland allowing even prs to buy hdb. We never recovered. We have our own agenda but they have proven that property prices can be regulated, unlike whatour local idiost claim, and i will never fsult them for that

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
600 is overpriced. No one in jb will say its worth buying anything at that tag.

I guess u need a reminder on the title of this thread, which is Living in JB. Thus, this thread in a singapore forum is for singaporeans living or thinking of living in JB. Therefore, what someone in JB thinks about whether its worth it or not at that price, is well, fucking irrelevant. What is relevant is what a singaporean thinks about it. For that price, a singaporean can only buy a moderate car, and can never smell a private freehold condo. For them, its worth it.

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal
And if locals wont buy who are you going to sell it to? Never ever assume that any property is going to last you forever. If you buy a deadend that cannot be sold in emergency then theres no point owning it.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
And if locals wont buy who are you going to sell it to? Never ever assume that any property is going to last you forever. If you buy a deadend that cannot be sold in emergency then theres no point owning it.

Hmm, let me think. In an emergency, I would sell the HDB flat and move into this JB condo. What deadend is there? U don't know properties don;t talk cock lah

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hmm, let me think. In an emergency, I would sell the HDB flat and move into this JB condo. What deadend is there? U don't know properties don;t talk cock lah
you have hdb hah? thought you very high ses with multiple landed and high end condos?:biggrin::eek: