• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 4

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lawyer told me he has some cases. Already a year, still pending and sellers still waiting for the refund of 7%. Told me many new staffs and they are not so experience. Terrible ya.
Looks like the standard has dropped indeed. Actually last time during pandemic they only took four or five months to issue my notice of assessment letter, the delay to ten months was because the letter never reached me in Singapore and my lawyer was not following up for me until three months later I asked her status of my RPGT then she went to chase the tax office and realised the letter had been issued three months before that. Even during pandemic the tax office staff were contactable, but now according to my lawyer her clerk has not been able to contact them for two months.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Looks like the standard has dropped indeed. Actually last time during pandemic they only took four or five months to issue my notice of assessment letter, the delay to ten months was because the letter never reached me in Singapore and my lawyer was not following up for me until three months later I asked her status of my RPGT then she went to chase the tax office and realised the letter had been issued three months before that. Even during pandemic the tax office staff were contactable, but now according to my lawyer her clerk has not been able to contact them for two months.
And the refund of the 7% less tax took months too with ridiculous foreigner limit of 10k per day transfer to bank and cannot do consecutively but spaced out slowly do one transfer at a time every few days or weeks.

myrsing

Alfrescian
Loyal
And the refund of the 7% less tax took months too with ridiculous foreigner limit of 10k per day transfer to bank and cannot do consecutively but spaced out slowly do one transfer at a time every few days or weeks.

Sorry i dont get it. You mean lets say the 7% is Rm70k. They wont refund full amt Rm70k to us?

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sorry i dont get it. You mean lets say the 7% is Rm70k. They wont refund full amt Rm70k to us?
Ya they only refund the amount left after deducting the RPGT. So if the the 7% retention sum is 70k and say the RPGT is 20k then the refund is 50k only.

myrsing

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ya they only refund the amount left after deducting the RPGT. So if the the 7% retention sum is 70k and say the RPGT is 20k then the refund is 50k only.

Yes. They would offset 20k fm the 70k. But they will release the balance 50k to you right? Not in stages?

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes. They would offset 20k fm the 70k. But they will release the balance 50k to you right? Not in stages?
They will release in stages for foreigners. I asked my lawyer to ask them to release to me one lump sum and they refused citing 10k foreigner transfer limit. Let me know if you got it in one lump sum okay?

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
They will release in stages for foreigners. I asked my lawyer to ask them to release to me one lump sum and they refused citing 10k foreigner transfer limit. Let me know if you got it in one lump sum okay?
By right 10k foreigner limit, they can always set it to release 10k per day consecutively to release the amounts in a matter of days but no they don’t, they slowly one time do one instalment at a go and took 1 to 2 months or more. It’s so lucky to be foreigners in Singapore while a foreigner in Malaysia get all kinds of problems that lucky Malaysians don’t get.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
By right 10k foreigner limit, they can always set it to release 10k per day consecutively to release the amounts in a matter of days but no they don’t, they slowly one time do one instalment at a go and took 1 to 2 months or more. It’s so lucky to be foreigners in Singapore while a foreigner in Malaysia get all kinds of problems that lucky Malaysians don’t get.
Seriously I don’t think so foreigners in Singapore got anything to complain on from xenophobia to government. They should try Malaysia and experience the real xenophobia.

myrsing

Alfrescian
Loyal

Dont make sense. Can always issue a chq with full sum. Then i bank into my acct. Next day i TT to my spore bank acct. I did that when i recd the 90% proceeds from sales of my house.

Last edited:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dont make sense. Can always issue a chq with full sum. Then i bank into my acct. Next day i TT to my spore bank acct. I did that when i recd the 90% proceeds from sales of my house.
Guess what? They said they go paperless can’t issue cheque. Basically they give foreigners no option but to accept their 10k a day dilly dally refund over months.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Guess what? They said they go paperless can’t issue cheque. Basically they give foreigners no option but to accept their 10k a day dilly dally refund over months.
And try making payment at their government office like JPJ - they don’t accept cash nevermind but they only accept locally issued credit cards, foreigners with only foreign issued credit cards can’t even make payment. Malaysia is a country catered for Malaysians only. Maybe this is the way for all countries except Singapore, but people from such countries have no right and should have nothing to complain when they are foreigners in Singapore.

myrsing

Alfrescian
Loyal
And try making payment at their government office like JPJ - they don’t accept cash nevermind but they only accept locally issued credit cards, foreigners with only foreign issued credit cards can’t even make payment. Malaysia is a country catered for Malaysians only. Maybe this is the way for all countries except Singapore, but people from such countries have no right and should have nothing to complain when they are foreigners in Singapore.

Local credit cards? I dont think foreigners eligible for application of Msian credit cards. Btw nowadays they also dont allow foreigners to open new savings or FD accounts. Unless you are a PR, working, have properties or business dealings in Msia

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Local credit cards? I dont think foreigners eligible for application of Msian credit cards. Btw nowadays they also dont allow foreigners to open new savings or FD accounts. Unless you are a PR, working, have properties or business dealings in Msia
Oh I have Msia credit card, just that it expired during the pandemic and I didn’t have the the replacement card when I went to JPJ. So much trouble for Rm50 transaction cannot pay cash cannot pay credit card and I forgot my msia debit card PIN number. Luckily my friend got msia debit card if not can’t pay at all.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh ya I did receive a strange letter from one msia local bank a few years ago - after mahathir took over - saying foreigners with no work pass don’t qualify for saving accounts asking me to close my saving account and so I went to close it. Guess what? My friend who opened the same saving account at another branch also received the same letter but was told he can keep his account when he went to enquire and he didn’t even have a msia property. I guess being lucky is very important in such a country.

myrsing

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh ya I did receive a strange letter from one msia local bank a few years ago - after mahathir took over - saying foreigners with no work pass don’t qualify for saving accounts asking me to close my saving account and so I went to close it. Guess what? My friend who opened the same saving account at another branch also received the same letter but was told he can keep his account when he went to enquire and he didn’t even have a msia property. I guess being lucky is very important in such a country.

Really boleh land. Over there, on their soil, they said foreignes/tourist cant open new acct with Msian banks. Actually i just found out some Msian banks do accept new acct.:thumbsdown:

myrsing

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh I have Msia credit card, just that it expired during the pandemic and I didn’t have the the replacement card when I went to JPJ. So much trouble for Rm50 transaction cannot pay cash cannot pay credit card and I forgot my msia debit card PIN number. Luckily my friend got msia debit card if not can’t pay at all.

You have CC? Are you a SPR? I tried to apply but they told me i not qualified cos i am a foreigner/tourist.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
You have CC? Are you a SPR? I tried to apply but they told me i not qualified cos i am a foreigner/tourist.
I wish I am SPR. No lah you try different bank maybe can. Just like the opening of saving account. But mine is not real credit card, must put a FD to let them hold. Just good for collecting reward points last time.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
I wish I am SPR. No lah you try different bank maybe can. Just like the opening of saving account. But mine is not real credit card, must put a FD to let them hold. Just good for collecting reward points last time.
Ya what’s the use of a passport number that keeps changing incur costs and trouble for JPJ and can’t even get TNB refund for my deposit now because passport number don’t match. And a NRIC that get few hundred CDC voucher and can’t buy BTO can’t buy HDB while foreigner SPR can. Better be SPR lah can act poor thing while make good money TAX FREE in BOTH Spore and JB.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ya what’s the use of a passport number that keeps changing incur costs and trouble for JPJ and can’t even get TNB refund for my deposit now because passport number don’t match. And a NRIC that get few hundred CDC voucher and can’t buy BTO can’t buy HDB while foreigner SPR can. Better be SPR lah can act poor thing while make good money TAX FREE in BOTH Spore and JB.
I just went to bank to update passport number. As usual lots of trouble and drama for foreigners just doing such simple stuff in Malaysia. The share trading department staff told me to ask the bank staff to update her a copy of passport so that they can update. The bank staff from counter to the manager say no need no such thing. Blah blah blah.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
I just went to bank to update passport number. As usual lots of trouble and drama for foreigners just doing such simple stuff in Malaysia. The share trading department staff told me to ask the bank staff to update her a copy of passport so that they can update. The bank staff from counter to the manager say no need no such thing. Blah blah blah.
And on top of that the share trading department staff coughing badly at the counter, I said you are coughing so badly did you do covid test before coming to work and he no answer. So rude and poor service as usual.