• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 4

myrsing

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ya what’s the use of a passport number that keeps changing incur costs and trouble for JPJ and can’t even get TNB refund for my deposit now because passport number don’t match. And a NRIC that get few hundred CDC voucher and can’t buy BTO can’t buy HDB while foreigner SPR can. Better be SPR lah can act poor thing while make good money TAX FREE in BOTH Spore and JB.

Actually Msia govt not silly or stupid but smart. Change of passports number need to be charged Rm100. No choice since our passport only last for 5 years. Only now then 10 years. I mean why cant they use my IC numbers instead of passport numbers by default since IC number will not be changed?

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually Msia govt not silly or stupid but smart. Change of passports number need to be charged Rm100. No choice since our passport only last for 5 years. Only now then 10 years. I mean why cant they use my IC numbers instead of passport numbers by default since IC number will not be changed?
Ya I also think so msia govt is smart in every way. I got my RPGT notice of assessment today and the letter was dated last week of September so they either keep their letters for weeks before dispatch or their local mails took more than a month to receive in JB. And looks like they are working well despite what my lawyer claimed for two months can’t contact their staff on the phone.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ya I also think so msia govt is smart in every way. I got my RPGT notice of assessment today and the letter was dated last week of September so they either keep their letters for weeks before dispatch or their local mails took more than a month to receive in JB. And looks like they are working well despite what my lawyer claimed for two months can’t contact their staff on the phone.
And as usual the RPGT is assessed higher than my filing due to don’t know what and don’t know why some amounts not allowed to claim. Even the legal fee for selling also can’t even claim full but disallowed 400 plus. Die die must pay more RPGT by 40 plus due to legal fees disallowed.

myrsing

Alfrescian
Loyal
And as usual the RPGT is assessed higher than my filing due to don’t know what and don’t know why some amounts not allowed to claim. Even the legal fee for selling also can’t even claim full but disallowed 400 plus. Die die must pay more RPGT by 40 plus due to legal fees disallowed.

So finally you got your 7% back?

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Plus the other unknown renovation items disallowed is 1k plus higher tax assessed. So my final RPGT is Rm21k plus while lucky Malaysians paid ZERO.

myrsing

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is the second property I sold in Malaysia in two years plus. Not called flipping because both held more than five years. What about you?

Mine first and last. May rent in future though.

So your first house sold. Did it take long for them to refund your 7%?

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Plus the other unknown renovation items disallowed is 1k plus higher tax assessed. So my final RPGT is Rm21k plus while lucky Malaysians paid ZERO.
So my good contribution to msia is Rm42k - for just RPGT alone - and that’s in spite of my losses selling this two properties.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mine first and last. May rent in future though.

So your first house sold. Did it take long for them to refund your 7%?
I have got one more JB condo to sell but can’t sell now due to big loss.

Ya took long, about two months or so. And at that time there was no problem to contact them, not like now my lawyer claimed can’t even reach them for last two months how to arrange refund fast? She said will send a letter to arrange refund with them so probably will take even longer this time.

myrsing

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have got one more JB condo to sell but can’t sell now due to big loss.

Ya took long, about two months or so. And at that time there was no problem to contact them, not like now my lawyer claimed can’t even reach them for last two months how to arrange refund fast? She said will send a letter to arrange refund with them so probably will take even longer this time.

So total u had 3 properties? Why invest in JB or Msia? Difficult to make money.

Two months after you got your 90% chq fm lawyer?

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Last time passport was 10 years validity. Only in the last decade they changed it to 5 years validity and now they changed it back to 10 years. So stupid govt to change to 5 years when traveling need at least six months passport validity. Ended up four rounds of passport numbers in JB in slightly over a decade can you believe it ?

myrsing

Alfrescian
Loyal
Last time passport was 10 years validity. Only in the last decade they changed it to 5 years validity and now they changed it back to 10 years. So stupid govt to change to 5 years when traveling need at least six months passport validity. Ended up four rounds of passport numbers in JB in slightly over a decade can you believe it ?

When come to sucking money out of peasants, pap number 1!

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
So total u had 3 properties? Why invest in JB or Msia? Difficult to make money.

Two months after you got your 90% chq fm lawyer?
Ya I had too much faith in humans thought I am just unlucky to meet evil and horrible Malaysian neighbors in my first JB property and so changed to another JB house and met similar shit neighbors with dogs. And then I decided better to stay in condo and so bought another relatively cheap condo in JB when I couldn’t qualify for housing loan to buy another condo in Spore. What about you? Why did you sell your JB house and want to rent instead?

No, two months just for getting back the refund via instalments.

myrsing

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ya I had too much faith in humans thought I am just unlucky to meet evil and horrible Malaysian neighbors in my first JB property and so changed to another JB house. And then decided better to stay in condo and so bought another relatively cheap condo in JB when I couldn’t qualify for housing loan to buy another condo in Spore. What about you? Why did you sell your JB house and want to rent instead?

No, two months just for getting back the refund via instalments.

For my case i already collected my 90% 1st week of october. But my 7% still pending. They have yet to refund me. Coming to a mth now. So your two mth mean?

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Btw 1k plus higher tax assessed means 15k disallowed expenses based on 10% RPGT. I ask lawyer can check why or not and get zero response from her. Looks like just have to accept it as it is. Too much trouble. Very smart govt.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
For my case i already collected my 90% 1st week of october. But my 7% still pending. They have yet to refund me. Coming to a mth now. So your two mth mean?
Means after you get your notice of assessment and your lawyer managed to contact them to make arrangements for them to start refund to your bank account via instalments.