• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
kajang was so cheap just 4-5 years ago.. I remembered my KL bro quoted me some landed terrace at 50k to 75k.. Quite ulu at that time..

Not just Sg Buloh, Kajang and along the routes of the MRT. 2nd and 3rd Mrt routes should be announced by year end as well.Construction frenzy all around cant really keeps track Cheers

LordEthan

Alfrescian
Loyal
kajang was so cheap just 4-5 years ago.. I remembered my KL bro quoted me some landed terrace at 50k to 75k.. Quite ulu at that time..
I know there is no where in Greater KL now consider ulu, the prices really shot up. If you looking for a cheap and peaceful location, you have to move state nowadays :(
Thinking of retiring to Penang or Melaka, but considering of buying up a colonial building and renovate it

mika14

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi,

just a warning not to speed on the stretch of road from Permas Jaya Bridge to Jusco Permas. just seen aspeed camera on a overhead bridge along that stretch of road. (Jalan Pantai)

Mummymoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
I know there is no where in Greater KL now consider ulu, the prices really shot up. If you looking for a cheap and peaceful location, you have to move state nowadays :(
Thinking of retiring to Penang or Melaka, but considering of buying up a colonial building and renovate it

I was thinking the same...if JB proves to be expensive by the time we decide to retire, we'll most likely live in Melaka instead. Only downside is, it is further away from Singapore where my kids will be. Old already how to drive so far.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
View attachment 9974Top Climinal City in the World -Malaysia

Man raped Salesgirl at HDB staircase landing.
http://thecourtroom.stomp.com.sg/stomp/courtroom/case_of_the_day/1309656/man_raped_vietnamese_salesgirl_at_hdb_staircase_landing.html

Jobless man raped and robbed woman at knifepoint at HDB Staircase(again)!!!
http://thecourtroom.stomp.com.sg/stomp/courtroom/case_of_the_day/1702008/jobless_man_raped_and_robbed_woman_at_knifepoint.html

Man raped neighbour's maid and tried to kill her.
http://thecourtroom.stomp.com.sg/stomp/courtroom/case_of_the_day/1593372/man_raped_maid_then_tried_to_kill_her.html

Crime statistics from Singapore Police Force, year 2012;
http://www.spf.gov.sg/stats/stats2012_table1.htm

-Housebreaking and Related Crimes - 596
-Violent Property Crimes - 391
-Commercial Crimes - 3,483
-Crimes Against Persons - 3,811
-Miscellaneous Crimes - 4,166
-Theft and Related Crimes - 18,421
-Overall Crimes - 30,868

391 cases of Violent Property Crimes means that on average, Violent Property Crimes happen every single day in Singapore, just that we don't see them being reported in our newspapers. Now do you know why you're being labelled as 'ignorant' by your own leader?

Last edited:

LordEthan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi NatureBest, as a Malaysian I never deny crimes level in Malaysia perceived as low nor Im a BN supporter but ignorance of certain quarters in Singapore do amuse me. As if once you step to Malaysian soil you will definitely be robbed or killed. This is just my personal view.Nothing malicious

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal

There was a time when everyone was looking towards Melaka as a retirement location before the hype died and along with the property prices. Maybe it could work now as prices start to go up in Iskandar Malaysia. Melaka possesses the charm of an old dame which many places find hard to match.

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal
View attachment 9974Top Climinal City in the World -Malaysia

Bro Naturebest

Are you really an investor in Malaysia?

You claim to be an owner of Ujana and looking to exercise multiple S&Ps when the Malaysian elections are over. And then you try your best labeling the country and try to make the investors look like idiots coming to Iskandar.

Warnings are appreciated and also suggestions to improve safety will be useful to everyone; not continuing to parrot the obvious.

There are risks everywhere and measuring the overall rewards that come with it. Pardon me but you are probably never going to invest in Russia or Venezuela even if there's money to be made?

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Top Climinal City in the World -Malaysia View attachment 9975View attachment 9976
God bless you all .....

Your claim seems bogus. Do you have the stats and source to back your claim?

Links here show USA is ranked first in crimes with 11.8m per year and 100,000 gun violence victims with 30,000 deaths annually. No one seems to complain about getting shot or mugged when visiting USA.

Malaysia isn't even in top 10 but ranked 37 globally.

http://www.mapsofworld.com/world-top-ten/countries-with-highest-reported-crime-rates.html

http://smartgunlaws.org/category/gun-studies-statistics/gun-violence-statistics/

Last edited:

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi TrulyAsia
Guess there is no prize of guessing which side you are going for haha but please minimize any political leanings as this forum is for Singaporeans discussing their livings in JB :smile: as we are kind like a guest here as we are Malaysian and I guess you are Malaysian right :smile:
Cheers
P.S ABU haha

Bro LordEthan

We are all citizens of the world. And thank you Malaysia for the opportunities.

Last edited:

TrulyAsia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi folks,

Recently I filed the late delivery claim at "Tribunal Tuntuntan Pembeli Rumah" and as per procedure served the formal letter of notice to the developer.
Now the developer wrote to reply that they are willing to pay the claimed amount in full with condition that I must first cancel the claim at "Tribunal Tuntuntan Pembeli Rumah".

Should I follow OR request the developer to settle the compensation first before withdrawal of the claim through the authority.
What is the common practice?

LordEthan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Citizens of the world indeed :smile:
We do sound like we are having our flat white in a cafe and having this conversation
Are you a Singaporean,Funds Transfer? Glad you enjoying Malaysia and I do enjoy visiting Singapore. Both countries are like sibling, we might sometimes arguing with each other but at the end of the day we still need each other.Kind like symbiotic relation :smile:

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Citizens of the world indeed :smile:
We do sound like we are having our flat white in a cafe and having this conversation
Are you a Singaporean,Funds Transfer? Glad you enjoying Malaysia and I do enjoy visiting Singapore. Both countries are like sibling, we might sometimes arguing with each other but at the end of the day we still need each other.Kind like symbiotic relation :smile:

100% Singaporean. Not living in Malaysia yet but definitely enjoying the half glass that's been made available to us but not complaining about the empty half that comes with it. And hopefully not, in the future.

In life, it is about scratching each other's back, isn't it? :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.