• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Thank you everyone for your kind words, today the blisters or rashes seems to be all over. Now i know how it feels for old people to open things like doors or even try to open a lid. For those who had warts on their feet before, imagine if 50 warts appear on the soles of each feet. First step is always the most painful but i have learned to take quick steps. Somehow brisk walking hurts less.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Still went out during lunch time to meet a couple from Sabah who despite knowing i have HFMD insisted on meeting up with me. I told them, i am not selling you anything except Iskandar, by the end of that hour, instead of the desolate border town that they thought was our kampung. Instead of doubting Iskandar, they will be flying back next week just to look at properties.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
My house is now the official postal distribution point for quite a few houses, i hold keys quite a few houses currently. Folks seeing me going into them to retrieve items to be sent out, etc often asked if i am the owner. I just told them i am the resident janitor. We could probably do a large homestay if they want.

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Lucky you didn't fall down the stairs which can be serious. The fainting is due to HFMD? Better to get a thorough check up in case there is any underlying medical condition.

Not sure, but glad i didn't. The only thing is this is helping me fit better into my Tummy Youfigure clothing but jokes aside, i have learned to appreciate any days i have. Its a bonus for me.

jade apple

Alfrescian
Loyal
Still went out during lunch time to meet a couple from Sabah who despite knowing i have HFMD insisted on meeting up with me. I told them, i am not selling you anything except Iskandar, by the end of that hour, instead of the desolate border town that they thought was our kampung. Instead of doubting Iskandar, they will be flying back next week just to look at properties.

Brother wuqi, so sorry to hear that you have hfmd. Have plentiful of rest and water. Wish you speedy recovery .

You need to learn how to take care of your body . To take care of yourself first in order to help others .

MsTrii

Alfrescian
Loyal
I didn't know i had fell asleep on the stairs, i was climbing halfway and it just became dark. As if someone switched off my switch
or pulled my plug. ........... Probably what a tv set would have felt if the
plug was suddenly pulled out.

Funny, first thing i came to was to ask my wife about the day, the second was taxes.
"What day is it, I haven't done my taxes yet" :smile:

I guess after escaping death (for now), i still have to pay my taxes since death and taxes are the only 2 inevitable (some say inescapable) events in life.

I have already filed it and contributed towards nation building.I will contribute towards the other side of the causeway as well, being tax payer here for a few years already. Grateful to be still here.

Glad that u have recovered n bounced back with your sense of humour intact :smile:

contra

Alfrescian
Loyal
My house is now the official postal distribution point for quite a few houses, i hold keys quite a few houses currently. Folks seeing me going into them to retrieve items to be sent out, etc often asked if i am the owner. I just told them i am the resident janitor. We could probably do a large homestay if they want.

bro wuqi, you are the nicest person around. Hope they appreciate the pain you go thru with HFMD . . . Glad you are well now. Drink lots of water. It always seem to work to flush the toxins out. cheerio

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bro Wuqi, its time you start charging for your services. :wink:

cheerguan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro Wuqi, its time you start charging for your services. :wink:

Yes. Maybe bro Wuqi can set up a small consultancy firm and hire a few part-time retirees like myself, to run around for him with some token pay to cover costs like petrol but it's mainly to past our time here besides gaining more knowledge on how things work in MY. And more importantly, he can also afford to spend more time with his family.
Have been thinking of what to do everyday when retire in MY in about a year's time.

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes. Maybe bro Wuqi can set up a small consultancy firm and hire a few part-time retirees like myself, to run around for him with some token pay to cover costs like petrol but it's mainly to past our time here besides gaining more knowledge on how things work in MY. And more importantly, he can also afford to spend more time with his family.
Have been thinking of what to do everyday when retire in MY in about a year's time.

Maybe you could start first and employ Wuqi as your advisor since he knows so much about the Iskandar region.

What about a private security company since there is a need for it? I remember that when I was in South Africa, such services are well liked by the locals and also heavily subscribed since the local police are known to be slow in their response to emergencies!

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Maybe you could start first and employ Wuqi as your advisor since he knows so much about the Iskandar region.

What about a private security company since there is a need for it? I remember that when I was in South Africa, such services are well liked by the locals and also heavily subscribed since the local police are known to be slow in their response to emergencies!

Thanks sir, amazingly after the conversation i had with them, they kept thinking i was local and kept referring to me as Johorean even when i told them i was from Singapore. Everytime i said good stuff about Nusajaya, etc, they said walau you Johoreans benefit lor.

They said my outlook, the words i used is more Malaysian than Singaporean. Their kids are in Singapore but are now keen to explore Johore as their parents are now converts.

I have been invited to help out, lets see how it goes.

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
bro wuqi, you are the nicest person around. Hope they appreciate the pain you go thru with HFMD . . . Glad you are well now. Drink lots of water. It always seem to work to flush the toxins out. cheerio

Thanks a lot Contra, Main concern was i may spread it to their houses so i bathed first and brought a long a cloth to wipe my footprints.
It really hurt just walking around, worse when going into some of their houses to get stuff for them and even turning a key in their locks
was painful as finger tips had blisters as well but i went ahead anyway as they had some multiple errands to run.

Now finally when i am getting better, no more requests as they are coming back as well.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Glad that u have recovered n bounced back with your sense of humour intact :smile:

Thanks Mystery, didn't realise i could go on for 3 days without food until this, when you are in pain and even stretching toes and fingers are a chore.
Even when writing a cheque out hurts your fingers more than your pocket, that is when you are only left with humour.

At its worst, i could have passed for a zombie actor in the Land of the dead or 28 days later. Imagine seeing a zombie shuffling painfully
around your neighbourhood and going into other peoples houses with a bunch of keys and letters.

cheerguan

Alfrescian
Loyal

Wow! Employ Wuqi? Do I have the honor? Ha ha!

Is there a real need for a security co. as I believe most Sinkees are staying in g&g unlike in SA? Not sure about the locals' demand there but I think they will doubt my services, myself included! Ha ha! Anyway, I'm not much of a business person and will be worst in MY. If I were to start one, it will most probably fold in less than six mths.

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks sir, amazingly after the conversation i had with them, they kept thinking i was local and kept referring to me as Johorean even when i told them i was from Singapore. Everytime i said good stuff about Nusajaya, etc, they said walau you Johoreans benefit lor.

You probably possess more property knowledge than the average Johorean - with all due respect to our Malaysian friends living there!

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow! Employ Wuqi? Do I have the honor? Ha ha!

Is there a real need for a security co. as I believe most Sinkees are staying in g&g unlike in SA? Not sure about the locals' demand there but I think they will doubt my services, myself included! Ha ha! Anyway, I'm not much of a business person and will be worst in MY. If I were to start one, it will most probably fold in less than six mths.

Quite true, eh. The G&G facilities should be enough. But seems like security issues and concerns are still dominating some conversations here and thus thought of the relevance of the private security services!

cheerguan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Quite true, eh. The G&G facilities should be enough. But seems like security issues and concerns are still dominating some conversations here and thus thought of the relevance of the private security services!

Maybe can charge them for services like accompanying them esp. for sinkie gals staying there to go shopping centres and makan? But no hanky panky business, ok? Ha ha!
Any potential clients out there?

Mummymoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks Mystery, didn't realise i could go on for 3 days without food until this, when you are in pain and even stretching toes and fingers are a chore.
Even when writing a cheque out hurts your fingers more than your pocket, that is when you are only left with humour.

At its worst, i could have passed for a zombie actor in the Land of the dead or 28 days later. Imagine seeing a zombie shuffling painfully
around your neighbourhood and going into other peoples houses with a bunch of keys and letters.

Bro Wuqi...pls take care of your health. I know helping others are important to you but must put taking care of your health as top priority too, ok?

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Thanks everyone, today a pretty good deal lifted off, good to see it finally getting fruition. Another friend who has been away, came back and came to my house to ask after me and shook my hands despite my blisters, he still shook hands and wanted to quickly pay me back but i said its ok as i could see he was really jet-lagged and told him only when it was convenient.

Ironically, sometimes i have a bad habit of lending more than i have, so much so for a really large deal that came in today, i almost had to take a loan from a good friend. Its my bad habit, to sometimes help or give without the knowledge of my wallet (or my wife), so much so i actually went hungry quite a few times during my student and NS days.

Its not that i have much but rather i am more willing to help as when i was poor and destitute, strangers helped me. Taxi drivers, lorry uncles all helped me. An old auntie helped me in one instance much more than any of my relatives did. Barely knowing me for 2 days, she helped me with a loan of $500 SGD to continue my education when my own education fund was taken from me. I remained grateful to the strangers who helped and let this poor soul live.

Sadly, i still have that habit at times so wife is stricter with me, there was a recent time i paid in advance for friends for shop lot properties that in the end, i had difficulty paying the deposit for mine when i was buying another property myself. Luckily one paid me back in time so it was all good.

I myself have a habit of never asking for help unless i really have no choice, i guess the old days of surviving out on the streets have made me more independent. One time when i booked out during NS, after unknowingly giving away my fare home and left with $0.35 in my pockets, i took the route underneath the MRT tracks with no path and walked all the way home.

contra

Alfrescian
Loyal

cheerguan, in about a year's time you can be a calafare or real actor at Pinewood Studios. perfect retirement plan in JB

Status
Not open for further replies.