• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stevewish

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi folks,

Recently I filed the late delivery claim at "Tribunal Tuntuntan Pembeli Rumah" and as per procedure served the formal letter of notice to the developer.
Now the developer wrote to reply that they are willing to pay the claimed amount in full with condition that I must first cancel the claim at "Tribunal Tuntuntan Pembeli Rumah".

Should I follow OR request the developer to settle the compensation first before withdrawal of the claim through the authority.
What is the common practice?

For my case, the developer refused to return my booking deposit within the grace period. I filed in a claim and the situation was similar as your. The developer GM need me to withdraw the claim to get back the deposit. If the case proceed, likely consumer will win. Besides, it'll leave a poor image and bad record for the company name and the GM need to attend the court as well, it 'll be wise to settle externally.
Suggest you to get at least a email/letter from them stating the compensation agreement. good luck :smile:

1nottiboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Name and shame pls!!!

for my case, the developer refused to return my booking deposit within the grace period. I filed in a claim and the situation was similar as your. The developer gm need me to withdraw the claim to get back the deposit. If the case proceed, likely consumer will win. Besides, it'll leave a poor image and bad record for the company name and the gm need to attend the court as well, it 'll be wise to settle externally.
Suggest you to get at least a email/letter from them stating the compensation agreement. Good luck :smile:

TrulyAsia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, it is worth the effort to seek legal assistance through relevant authority (though I was skeptical of their efficiency initially).

Developer has more to lose if they procrastinate, in this case I only spent RM10 on administration charges and the reward is good enough to cover the accumulated interest paid to the bank during construction period.

Already told the developer that I will withdraw the claim upon receiving the compensation, they agreed to pay asap. :rolleyes:

For my case, the developer refused to return my booking deposit within the grace period. I filed in a claim and the situation was similar as your. The developer GM need me to withdraw the claim to get back the deposit. If the case proceed, likely consumer will win. Besides, it'll leave a poor image and bad record for the company name and the GM need to attend the court as well, it 'll be wise to settle externally.
Suggest you to get at least a email/letter from them stating the compensation agreement. good luck :smile:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Dear bros, apologies for being away, a few of us were all down with HFMD, my friends, one unfortunate neighbour and his son and myself.

Still have to work and help out some financial/logistics matters for friends but it felt really good to still be able to help but the pain was really terrible. Gave some bits of info to fix a friends MX server so glad it worked well. Lots of blisters on hand and feet, must have been the long days and nights at work. Most folks never figured out my job so for simplicity sake i always told them night shift but most nights its actually 9am to 3am.

HFMD is seriously painful and hard to drive, (think hot steering wheel with painful blisters) make calls or even type as the blisters really hurt. Worse are the ones that grow on the sole of ones foot as it hurts when you walk and hurts more when you drive as you have step on the pedals. Voice also gone as whole line of ulcers suddenly grow. The joints hurts and the finger joints hurt as well. Wouldn't wish it on anyone.

Despite all these though, managed to get alot done including finally my own tax after doing stuff for others, today finally can do stuff for myself. Didn't know i passed out on Tuesday evening as i just slumped at the top of the stairs and could not be woken up, wife said i was near to 40 degreees (centigrade) and just couldn't move. Took a while but back amongst the living again, didn't stop working though but took some breathers.

The only good thing (if i may say so) about this illness is that one can go without food for 2.5 days (not water of course, had lots). This evening was the only solid food i took since Tuesday and i ate less than 4 mouthfuls before being very full.

On good news though, from my very limited knowledge, a few pretty major companies are on the move, doing their slow but steady aquisitions or starting new initiatives here. Cannot share for now but with knowledge of their entry, suddenly everything makes much more sense now.

I guess they see the need to diversify and grow here. With their known reluctance and solid (so far) financial decisions, really amazed that they will do this now and planning at this scale especially when elections are yet so near.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Yes, it is worth the effort to seek legal assistance through relevant authority (though I was skeptical of their efficiency initially).

Developer has more to lose if they procrastinate, in this case I only spent RM10 on administration charges and the reward is good enough to cover the accumulated interest paid to the bank during construction period.

Already told the developer that I will withdraw the claim upon receiving the compensation, they agreed to pay asap. :rolleyes:

Definitely helps, most of the time people just give up without doing anything. Its much easier to give up than to try.

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
God bless you.. sure you get back strong. .

Dear bros, apologies for being away, a few of us were all down with HFMD, my friends, one unfortunate neighbour and his son and myself.

Still have to work and help out some financial/logistics matters for friends but it felt really good to still be able to help but the pain was really terrible. Gave some bits of info to fix a friends MX server so glad it worked well. Lots of blisters on hand and feet, must have been the long days and nights at work. Most folks never figured out my job so for simplicity sake i always told them night shift but most nights its actually 9am to 3am.

HFMD is seriously painful and hard to drive, (think hot steering wheel with painful blisters) make calls or even type as the blisters really hurt. Worse are the ones that grow on the sole of ones foot as it hurts when you walk and hurts more when you drive as you have step on the pedals. Voice also gone as whole line of ulcers suddenly grow. The joints hurts and the finger joints hurt as well. Wouldn't wish it on anyone.

Despite all these though, managed to get alot done including finally my own tax after doing stuff for others, today finally can do stuff for myself. Didn't know i passed out on Tuesday evening as i just slumped at the top of the stairs and could not be woken up, wife said i was near to 40 degreees (centigrade) and just couldn't move. Took a while but back amongst the living again, didn't stop working though but took some breathers.

The only good thing (if i may say so) about this illness is that one can go without food for 2.5 days (not water of course, had lots). This evening was the only solid food i took since Tuesday and i ate less than 4 mouthfuls before being very full.

On good news though, from my very limited knowledge, a few pretty major companies are on the move, doing their slow but steady aquisitions or starting new initiatives here. Cannot share for now but with knowledge of their entry, suddenly everything makes much more sense now.

I guess they see the need to diversify and grow here. With their known reluctance and solid (so far) financial decisions, really amazed that they will do this now and planning at this scale especially when elections are yet so near.

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi bro, you are one and only Wuqi; very kind and tenacious even in great pains. Hope you get well soon and take better care of yourself.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
I have received feedback from some friends, they were helping me help out some folks with queries and some of them i referred to were selling their own property direct. A few were taking it too far though, smsing the sellers during their work hours with many questions even though they are neither agents nor in the property industry.

So much so that one of my friends had to entertain more than an hour waiting for someone who went groceries shopping and then being bombarded with all kinds of property questions for almost 3 hours at the cafe. Things like "How come your place is not next to Desaru, how come no sea at your place ah, so lousy one?" "How come you driving Malaysia car, eh you mean we can also get loan for Malaysia car or Malaysia house meh"

Then there is this person who called up my friend at 5.24am in the morning on a Sunday morning to ask him to drive them into Malaysia to view other properties even though his own one was miles away. He called me later at 9am and said he told them he wasn't an agent, politely declined and decided against strong language (kudos to you sir!)

Yet another one, asking 101 questions completely irrelevant to his own property and all over the place yet basically not taking the time nor the effort to read up. Even had to accompany them to view a property that was not his and to give opinion (really paiseh to especially him as i referred a forummer to him) His wife was upset that day and told me he had to keep replying on other property days after that. She SMSed to me just now and i really felt bad especially as he is ill as well.

Please, much of the information is already available online and quite a bit has been sitting on this forum for a few years but please take some time to find out more. I know your time is precious but so is that of others.

Happy to spoonfeed but there are many others who are working for a living or have businesses to run. Sporadic and super lengthy questions should be posed to the professionals (agents) who are specifically engaged for this.

Please feel free to ask questions in email or though the forum, not disturbing people at work and they may not know all the estates anyway, i really felt very bad for recommending people like that to them.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
God bless you.. sure you get back strong. .

Thank you kind sir, a promise is a promise and a mail server up by Wednesday night meant it was up. The CRM server was back up the following day.
It was the many trivial matters and multiple calls that worsen the fever and headache.

Now i know what the kids felt, amazing, what the old cliche is true, kids are much more resilient than we give them credit for(at least some illnesses) while both of us are walking slower than zombies, his son is running around like nothing happened.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
HFMD is worse in adults. A tiny blister in e mouth can hurt like mad. Many blisters must be super painful. Drinking cold water helps to reduce e pain. Do rest more else with so much wealth here also cannot enjoy if one day go to another world.

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi bro, you are one and only Wuqi; very kind and tenacious even in great pains. Hope you get well soon and take better care of yourself.

Thanks sir, very kind of you.

Tenacious wise, really no choice. Many times, its do or die, i was never given a choice.

Given my family background and must add, despite the best efforts of some people(namely relatives), i was amazed i
managed to survive this far. Despite all the stuff i received in the army, the treatment that my own flesh and blood (not all) gave
was much more bizarre and language way more harsh.

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
I didn't know i had fell asleep on the stairs, i was climbing halfway and it just became dark. As if someone switched off my switch
or pulled my plug. Felt no pain, nothing didn't even realised it and wasn't even thinking. Probably what a tv set would have felt if the
plug was suddenly pulled out.

Funny, first thing i came to was to ask my wife about the day, the second was taxes.
"What day is it, I haven't done my taxes yet" :smile:

I guess after escaping death (for now), i still have to pay my taxes since death and taxes are the only 2 inevitable (some say inescapable) events in life.

I have already filed it and contributed towards nation building.I will contribute towards the other side of the causeway as well, being tax payer here for a few years already. Grateful to be still here.

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Wuqi, I am no expert on advising people but I strongly feel you ought to do something about reducing your exposures or entanglements with elements that consistently harm your wellbeing. While some may be hard to achieve now but over time an improvement should be possible. You are very young(more so by China's standard where if you make a minister at early 50s is considered young). For yourself, your wife, children, and all those dear to you(not those who bent on bringing harms). God bless!

Last edited:

Legolad

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Wuqi, wishing you a speedy recovery. Here's a nice poster to share:
Dying.gif

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Wuqi, please take care of your health. I realised you are a helpful person and will go out on a limb for a friend. But please reserve a big part of your energy and "life force" for your family.

After my wife delivered 3 weeks ago, I realized that my daughter has become the single most important thing to me and I will do anything/everything for her.

So, take care... And get well soon.

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
I didn't know i had fell asleep on the stairs, i was climbing halfway and it just became dark. As if someone switched off my switch
or pulled my plug. Felt no pain, nothing didn't even realised it and wasn't even thinking. Probably what a tv set would have felt if the

Funny, first thing i came to was to ask my wife about the day, the second was taxes.

I guess after escaping death (for now), i still have to pay my taxes since death and taxes are the only 2 inevitable (some say inescapable) events in life.

I have already filed it and contributed towards nation building.I will contribute towards the other side of the causeway as well, being tax payer here for a few years already. Grateful to be still here.

Bro. Take care of yourself. Looks like are doing too much at the same time. Remember why you decided to "cross the border......"" ...... the grass is GREENER....:biggrin:" ( figuretively and also realistically...). Don't want anything untowards happening to a genuinely good person ( very, very few around, how to find another if you not around.......)

kawan2sgmy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wuqi,
So sorry to learn that you caught the HFMD, sounds pretty serious!
Learn to let go some things, too stressed out over long term is no good for anybody's health. At this stage, your health comes first priority, the rest can wait, must learn to be kind to your body.
Pls take plenty of rest, and take care!

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

Lucky you didn't fall down the stairs which can be serious. The fainting is due to HFMD? Better to get a thorough check up in case there is any underlying medical condition.

Status
Not open for further replies.