• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

curiouscat

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Crystal, i shared the same frustration with loud motor vehicles early in the morning. It took a lot of self control to just go back to sleep.
Complaining would be probably useless as its probably just another FT making a living in SG. Just live and let live. For me, i just add insultation on my doors and windows and foam padding where possible to lessen the noise.

One time, after being in Johore straight for 1 month, my wife came back to SG to stay, first question she asked, how come so noisy ah, got noise upstairs, sideways and even from downstairs (car traffic).

Do you have any contractor suggestions, in Johor area, for helping reduce noise from upstairs condo? I know it is a tough battle (to reduce such noise) but some padding on the ceiling might help?

contra

Alfrescian
Loyal
It was, lets just say pretty bad, ok real bad because i got a lot of people barking at me back then plus jeers and sniggers when my back was turned. Unfortunately, some of these were the brainwashed ones who somehow were not notified of the new direction from the boss and seemingly, amongst the very last to know. (Still don't know why they were left out of the loop)

Hi Wuqi,

I hope that Straits Times reporter will come back to do a follow up article with you, one-year down the road. She would be so stunned by the rapid positive developments since then...

Today Business TIMes front page so contrasting - PM Lee & Najib shaking hands with all the wedding gifts for Iskandar. Then bottom article, about how SIngapore property prices going down and expect doom gloom in 2012.

Past first trimester? Good year to you bro.

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually I felt Hill is in a much better location than the Green. I am saying that because no one had bought anything on the Green yet.. Green terrace is also blocked by 2 tall building blocks called Fairway Suite.. Maybe Fairway Suite can help to absorb any lighting strike, but the feeling of someone from the very top looking into your house....or your sunlight is blocked by the tower blocks... Not sure those living in Green can use the condo facilities or not.. If they do, the maintenance fee will be affected.

Bro Wuqi, thanks. Of course, if I knew earlier and bought some time before I got mine (as said by Bro contra, 22% more than the beginning of the launch of Hills terrace in late 2010), it would have been better. With the current price range, if HH wants to sell terrace in the future, the HH developer can only build smaller terrace to keep the selling price in an acceptable range. I still cannot foresee the price of the type of superlink I have got reaching somewhere closer to 900K or 1 million in the near future but who knows. For own stay, I think it is ok even though it is certainly still too expensive and may not be the best offer I can get.

With the price I paid for an intermediate terrace, I can get a corner lot in the Greens with smaller built-up (smaller by 400-500 sq. feet which is ok for me).

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi KrisSpot23, you might want to head down to the furniture shop at Giant at Bukit Indah, first floor, they have some mattresses there.
I use Izola located on the 2nd floor at the Skudai Giant, i have had bad back too so i asked them for help. I think the rebond mattresses
that they have are pretty good, nice and firm. If you are large size should get something like that as its better than springs in my humble
opinion.

Another thing, you may want to consider going to the round about at Bukit Indah, there is a new Tea Garden (Gu Wen Cha) there. Right
beside it is the TCM place i used to go for back pains. Expensive though but mainly open on Tue, Thu and Sunday if i remember correctly.
One time only, very painful process but after that, pain has not come back for more than 2 years straight.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hey Wuqi

How to go to mydin fr e coastal highway fr woodlands or HH ? Exit which one? I usually go by e small road behind ni. That day turned wrong exit at runabout n reached puteri habour n u turn a long way to mydin. And after shopping mydin , I realized can try e highway bk towards Pusat Bandaraya something. So I managed to go bk bk Indah. thanks

Hi Crystal, apologies, just saw this. There is actually a road saying to go to Kota Iskandar, that is another road you can use off the highway or take the exit 312C which is the quickest from the highway.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi Wuqi,

I hope that Straits Times reporter will come back to do a follow up article with you, one-year down the road. She would be so stunned by the rapid positive developments since then...

Today Business TIMes front page so contrasting - PM Lee & Najib shaking hands with all the wedding gifts for Iskandar. Then bottom article, about how SIngapore property prices going down and expect doom gloom in 2012.

Past first trimester? Good year to you bro.

I am just a nobody, they probably wouldn't need to come back to me given that there are way more influential and affluent people than me. Its good though, i hope that people have noticed or at least starting to notice the change.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Attachments

• Screen shot 2012-01-06 at AM 10.32.23.png
    Screen shot 2012-01-06 at AM 10.32.23.png
    11.5 KB · Views: 190
  • Screen shot 2012-01-06 at AM 10.36.12.png
    Screen shot 2012-01-06 at AM 10.36.12.png
    17.2 KB · Views: 265
Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Do you have any contractor suggestions, in Johor area, for helping reduce noise from upstairs condo? I know it is a tough battle (to reduce such noise) but some padding on the ceiling might help?

3 things you can do

1. Buy a nice, tough and thick carpet for your neighbour to use in the area you specify
2. Speak nicely to your neighbour, buy some food, etc and talk to them
3. Padding or accoustic - Get something like this: http://www.soundprooffoam.com/soundproofing.html
and then get your local contractor to do the installation.

The way some of my friends will do is:

4. Invest in a cheap and good rod to poke the ceiling to remind them to pipe down
5. Ear muffs might work if all else fails, i recommend the Peltor 97011 shotgun ear muffs

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
PM Lee Hsien Loong said that it is very much in the interests of Singapore to see that Iskandar, the southern economic region, prosper and succeed.

Mr Lee said Iskandar's success can help ease the constraints faced by Singapore in terms of space and manpower.

gskalra

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think thats more of an isolated case but glad to be proven wrong otherwise. :smile:

Bros/Sis/Uncles/Aunties who came in before me, with me and after me <Wuqi raises a glass above his head>
A toast to all of you and those who contributed your thoughts and ideas.

To detractors, you are not forgotten, a toast to you too:
http://images3.cinema.de/imedia/263...pUgk7xLDXZ8tKvlDi1H1IAfmPU7pckuW_8sNCwg==.jpg

From Infernal Affairs 2?
I wanted to ask you Bro Wuqi, is there a demand for rentals in HH or other places in Nusajaya. Because from what I have noticed, is that people are buying, but don't see many rentals. And the prices for rentals are low.

Could you please advise?

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
From Infernal Affairs 2?
I wanted to ask you Bro Wuqi, is there a demand for rentals in HH or other places in Nusajaya. Because from what I have noticed, is that people are buying, but don't see many rentals. And the prices for rentals are low.

Could you please advise?

Definitely there is a market for rental in EL and HH. My neighbour rented out her unfurnished place for $4500 but in the same week, someone wanted to up the offer but she already rented out already.

Last edited:

avelc

Alfrescian
Loyal

gskalra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Definitely there is a market for rental in EL and HH. My neighbour rented out her unfurnished place for $4500 but in the same week, someone wanted to up the offer but she already rented out already.

Thats good to hear, when i visited on monday, i felt that there was an oversupply and a lack of demand. We were a bit concerned, on whether there was a take up rate or not(for rental)

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
OMG someone fetched RM5,500 rental for his small intermediate terrace of 2580sf in East Ledang(corporate contract till Oct 2013).

See property description http://www.homeguru.com.my/property-listing/east-ledang-nusajaya-johor-for-sale-444731

Then again there's this one:

http://www.iproperty.com.my/propertylisting/1225311/East_Ledang_2-sty_Terrace_Link_House_ForRent

Corner unit, 2,900 sqft built-up, asking 4.8k rental p/m. Listed just today too.

Which one is the 'real' price? Lol

This one above is asking price, that one is existing tenancy price.

This one above is 'For Rent' with asking price of RM4.8k.
That one I posted is 'For Sale' at RM870,000 and is currently rented out at RM5.5k with tenancy contract till Oct 2013.

Last edited:

lastresort

Alfrescian
Loyal
bridge.jpg

something the 2 cities can learn from Denmark and Sweden.

Sweden didn't want a bride, they wanted an underground tunnel, then Denmark wanted a bridge, but not an underground tunnel. That's how the bridge ended. Half bridge, half underground.

The Øresund Bridge crosses the border between Denmark and Sweden, but in accordance with the Schengen Agreement and the Nordic Passport Union, there are usually no passport inspections. There are random customs checks at the entrance toll booths for entering Sweden, but not for entering Denmark.

Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark and Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden met midway across the bridge-tunnel to celebrate its completion on 14 August 1999. Its official dedication took place on 1 July 2000, with Queen Margrethe II, and King Carl XVI Gustaf as the host and hostess of the ceremony.

The Øresund Bridge received the 2002 IABSE Outstanding Structure Award.

bridge1.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.