• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nesta0013

Alfrescian
Loyal
Reporting LIVE from the horse' mouth:
I saw the plan today. This is a 22 x 100 ft house with one BR downstairs and 4 BR upstairs. Essentially it is a narrow and longish house, hence the 3410 sft built up. Legal fees for S&P and loan absorbed by developer, but nothing confirmed on MOT. No free golf membership... only some non-golf membership. House price expected to be 650k to 700k, corner land add 150k to 200k - that's what the Indian Sales lady told me. The biggest unit has land size 4419 sft => expecting price to be around 900k or slightly more. The biggest unit face west sun. Location: right beside Fairway Suites.

My Verdict: The Greens appear to me "Budget Range" HH house... but pricing does indicate a softening market

Thanks for the info bro.
I heard that HH will have 13 precint right? I think the price will get higher and higher with every new launch.

Diaspora

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hmmm....interesting....

PTJ09_050112__c258112_1215_282.jpg

Datuk Seri Najib Abdul Razak and Singapore Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong looking at the Urban Wellness and Resort Wellness model in Iskandar Malaysia in Putrajaya today. BERNAMA

Note: if I am violating any copyright or rules for posting this, then please delete it. TQ.

Last edited:

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://forums.asiaone.com/showthread.php?t=46012#1

Looked at this Singkie engineer.. Better plan retirement early.

Quote:-
He has gone to scavengering rubbish, even that he is threatened by the parents of the FT who are allowed to stay in Singapore, competing with him. The government will not know, because they stay in posh private estates.

Sibeh jialat , pray that this kind of shit does not happen to anyone of us here . Precisely my reason for buying a house in JB . I guess is best form of insurance against being rob out of job by FTs in Singapore. Sad to know that it can even happen to degree holder , I only thought it can happen to people who are not educated.

Narmi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wah i saw my nick being mentioned by bro Pasture8.
Like bro iamapseudoneem i read religiously this forum. So happy for sis crystal who went in headlong n purchase at NI n d rest of the bros who opted to purchase ni7&8. Tho i not in ni 7or8 i look forward to u all being in d neighbrhood. I m in NI Heliconia Precinct.

Thanks to Bro Wuqi's perspective on living in jb i took up d courage n determinatn to purchase d lifestyle that i dream of n will be living it out in d near future :smile:

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Someone posted this in Skyscraper forum -
Did anyonw watch TV3 news juz now?? Da wellness city by Capitaland really cool...got few very tall towers....and miniland??? Cant wait 4 da official renderin..

Did anyone see this Iconic Wellness Village(Temasek and Khazhana's project) in Singapore's TV news or ad?

curiouscat

Alfrescian
Loyal
something the 2 cities can learn from Denmark and Sweden.

Sweden didn't want a bride, they wanted an underground tunnel, then Denmark wanted a bridge, but not an underground tunnel. That's how the bridge ended. Half bridge, half underground.

The Øresund Bridge crosses the border between Denmark and Sweden, but in accordance with the Schengen Agreement and the Nordic Passport Union, there are usually no passport inspections. There are random customs checks at the entrance toll booths for entering Sweden, but not for entering Denmark.

That photo is Norfolk, Virginia

http://engineering.curiouscatblog.net/2008/10/20/monitor-merrimac-memorial-bridge-tunnel/

link includes a link to the Google Maps showing it. The area is a huge naval area with lots of ships, so the tunnel allows ships to pass (which a bridge would prevent - without going really high, as these are huge ships).

Here is a link to Øresund Bridge info http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Øresund_Bridge

The cost of such an option makes very little sense (to me anyway) when you don't have a very good reason to spend huge amounts of money to allow huge ships to pass (which they can't do now because the causeway is already there). Though I guess if Singapore really thinks they want to spend money on a tunnel for their part it could then sprout up in midst of the water like these examples and be a bridge entering Malaysia (I would guess, which expensive, this could well be cheaper than a tunnel the whole way - but maybe it isn't...). I really don't see why anyone wants a tunnel instead of a bridge other than those who will make lots of money building it.

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
Any good housing at puteri harbour area?

So far 2 launches:
- Imperia, only 2 br, non Marina facing left, priced around 800 psf for 1675 sft units. I believe they also have a few low floor 2 level studios at less than 600 psf
- Encorp Marina, around 1000 psf

trithl

Alfrescian
Loyal
I saw the plan today. This is a 22 x 100 ft house with one BR downstairs and 4 BR upstairs. Essentially it is a narrow and longish house, hence the 3410 sft built up. Legal fees for S&P and loan absorbed by developer, but nothing confirmed on MOT. No free golf membership... only some non-golf membership. House price expected to be 650k to 700k, corner land add 150k to 200k - that's what the Indian Sales lady told me. The biggest unit has land size 4419 sft => expecting price to be around 900k or slightly more. The biggest unit face west sun. Location: right beside Fairway Suites.

My Verdict: The Greens appear to me "Budget Range" HH house... but pricing does indicate a softening market

Thx bro Lemans, how about the 22x75? typical one BR down and three upstair? I heard got 50 years of club house membership (Non golf)

lastresort

Alfrescian
Loyal
maxpark said:
Thanks, I pass... although I seem to have 'yuen' with Capitaland, all my properties in China in the past and now in Singapore too, were by Capland... some call it Crap-land! hehe... anyway, they're ok la, at least in China back then, peace of mind building wont collapse.

Plus I buy and keep their (crap) stocks! :smile:

Haha same same Im holding on to crapland stocks too. Anyways this is probably not under crap land.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi all, do u know where and how I can obtain the historical transacted property price in Malaysia? Is there any website or government portal I can go to? Or if I approach the bank (there should have all these market info right?), will they sell such info/report? Thanks

greddy88

Alfrescian
Loyal
received details about The Greens terrace new launch, detail below:

22 x 75 2 storey link house
indicative price for intermediate.
RM580k-600k
corner
RM800k-900k

22 x 100 2 storey link house
indicative price for intermediate
RM700k-730k
corner
RM900k-950k

visited today.. yes, the link house is around that indicative price.
interesting to note:
32 x 75 2 storey cluster
RM 950k & up

the golf (some leftover)
35 x 75 2 storey semi-D
RM 996k & up

35 x 80 2 storey semi-D
RM 1.2m & up

seem to me if u really want to stay in hh, it is more worthwhile to get the semi-D than the corner link/cluster houses.. and corner link & cluster houses seem to be way overpriced?

sigh.. 800k is a little stretching on my budget.. going for the semi-D also sound crazy for a family of only 4
not sure if the prices will drop *if* the world crisis hit home in 2-3 yrs time..
shouldn't keep going up indefinitely right?

and btw.. we tried something funny.. went to a guard house, told the lady i am a potential customer buying a few units :biggrin:
wanna go in to look-see and get a feel of it.. guess what.. she adamantly refused me.
tried to talk her out for almost 5 minutes.. no means no..
we turned back to the sales office after saying thanks & gd bye

thumbs up for the security inside the precinct :smile:
i noted though, while the fence had a typical sg army warning sign, i didn't notice the guards carrying any weapon..

anyway, going to kiv on this one... perhaps NI in the next couple of weeks during cny..

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lol. I tried the same. After exhausted all means, I said okay, can I do a u-turn inside and come back out right away. Guess what, she still rejected me and I have not been rejected by a girl so many times in my life lol

They have weapons la. Did u not see the pile of helmets they have inside the guard house? Those helmets can be used as cannon balls or they might throw it at u like a watermelon/bowling ball and I have confidence that they will get three strikes in a row and bring home a turkey :biggrin:

visited today.. yes, the link house is around that indicative price.
interesting to note:
32 x 75 2 storey cluster
RM 950k & up

the golf (some leftover)
35 x 75 2 storey semi-D
RM 996k & up

35 x 80 2 storey semi-D
RM 1.2m & up

seem to me if u really want to stay in hh, it is more worthwhile to get the semi-D than the corner link/cluster houses.. and corner link & cluster houses seem to be way overpriced?

sigh.. 800k is a little stretching on my budget.. going for the semi-D also sound crazy for a family of only 4
not sure if the prices will drop *if* the world crisis hit home in 2-3 yrs time..
shouldn't keep going up indefinitely right?

and btw.. we tried something funny.. went to a guard house, told the lady i am a potential customer buying a few units :biggrin:
wanna go in to look-see and get a feel of it.. guess what.. she adamantly refused me.
tried to talk her out for almost 5 minutes.. no means no..
we turned back to the sales office after saying thanks & gd bye

thumbs up for the security inside the precinct :smile:
i noted though, while the fence had a typical sg army warning sign, i didn't notice the guards carrying any weapon..

anyway, going to kiv on this one... perhaps NI in the next couple of weeks during cny..

mathstub

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yesterday I did the calculation for 22ftX75ft intermediate terrace (types A and B) in the Greens, based on looking at the built-up size, price per sq. ft is close to the one for the latest launch of intermediate terrace in the Hills.

Now Looking at the narrow, super long 22ftx100ft terrace (type C) in the Greens, for the intermediate one, the built-up size is about 3096 sq ft, price range given by the sales for the moment is 700-730K. Let's assume the price is 730K, price per sq. feet is about 235.8.
For the latest launch of the intermediate terrace in the Hills, the built-up size is about 3087 sq. ft. The price per sq. feet is about 259.
So these estimated price per sq. feet (considering per sq. feet of the built-up size) for 22ftx100ft intermediate terrace in the Greens is way cheaper than the ones in the Hills (by about 10%!). If we exclude the market factor (any evidence to support this?), any other reasons can explain the above (ok, even though 235.8 per sq of built-up size for type C intermediate terrace in the Greens is only an estimate)? proximity of the Greens to Fairway Suites is a problem. i.e.,low-rise houses being blocked by high-rise while in the Hills, there are only low-rise houses? how about ground level of the Greens while the Hills is on higher ground? the Greens terrace being too narrow compared with the Hills terrace (the width differing by 4-5 ft.; the length-width ratio for the Greens intermediate terrace being about 9:2 and the one for the Hills intermediate terrace being about 3:1)?

Last edited:

mathstub

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, Ujana has not been completed yet. How does the agent come up with the estimate of RM4K for rental of the fully furnished apartment?
Fully furnished apartment includes renovation? The size of the 3 bedroom apartment is about 1400 sq. ft, right?
Anyway, if the current market monthly rental value of the apartment like your Ujana apartment is RM4K, then it is really good!
Does the agent tell you who are the potential customers? Those working close to East Ledang in Educity?

Oh yes, I saw that. I contacted that agent, asked him my Ujana 3 bedroom can rent out how much. He said RM 4K, fully furnished. Dancing and tapping toes!! Yip yip!:biggrin::biggrin:

Last edited:

mathstub

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro Wuqi, your neighbor's place has been renovated or not or just in the same condition as the one right after collection of keys?

Definitely there is a market for rental in EL and HH. My neighbour rented out her unfurnished place for $4500 but in the same week, someone wanted to up the offer but she already rented out already.

mathstub

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, welcome to this forum. I wish I would have been to NI to take a look since I have heard many positive things from the Bros and Sis here including you. Being near to the lake looks attractive to me. I hope I have some more bullets after having just bought a house somewhere else.

I have been following the earlier threads Living in JB and value the contributions by Wuqi and some others. Lots of good advices and tips on purchasing houses in JB, either from subsales or buying direct from developers. A big thank you to all...

I liked the houses in Nusa Idaman and have visited the sales office. I was attended to by Nur who was very accomodating and showed me around Precinct 8B that is near the lake. Beautiful houses with prices ranging from RM 525,000/-. I also viewed the Precinct 7B and immediately like the houses there which I was told is The Courtyard and is expected to be completed sometime towards the end of 2012. However, prices at Precinct 7B seem more costlier as the built up area is 24 x 80. Prices there range from RM 625,000. Now really comtemplating whether to commit myself to purchasing a house at Precinct 8B or Precinct 7B...

The Courtyard at Precinct 7B is situated more on the high ground beside the completed The Hills at Precinct 7A, which has all been sold. Just highlighting to all bros and sis that besides Precinct 8B, can also consider the houses at Precinct 7B. Last I heard from Nur was that there are some corner lots and intermediate ones with built up areas of 24 x 80 and 22 x 70 at The Courtyard.

Just sharing with all bros and sis that you can also request to view the Courtyard houses at Precinct 7B. There is a fully completed furnished courtyard house and one that is not renovated (showrooms) for viewing.

Just sharing with all bros and sis who are aspiring to have a second home in JB. Cheers...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.