• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Liverpool Season 2009-10

BlueCat

Alfrescian
Loyal
five minutes of injury-time quite a lot.
the referee also let play continue for about 30 secs more.
it been a long time,since have such good night slept. :biggrin: :smile:

oli9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Liverpool 2 Man U 0
Vidic got sent off the second time.
5 mins of injury time but when Liverpool
scored the second goal, the referee quickly
blew the whistle.

Vidic the Vanquished was sent off for the 3RD time in as many matches versus Liverpool. Dirty Serbian prick!!!

Sweet victory, nonetheless.

Baimi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Vidic the Vanquished was sent off for the 3RD time in as many matches versus Liverpool. Dirty Serbian prick!!!

Sweet victory, nonetheless.

Yes, 3 times in 3 matches, now he is so afraid to play Liverpool.

The MilkMan

Alfrescian
Loyal
felt very good after beating Man Utd. :biggrin:
but then cannot keep it going.
went out of the Carling Cup to Arsenal,this morning. :mad:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Fulham 3 Liverpool 1. Looks like EPL season over for Liverpool, but still hanging on by a thin thread onto ECL.

Wayne Piew

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fulham 3 Liverpool 1. Looks like EPL season over for Liverpool, but still hanging on by a thin thread onto ECL.

It's 6 defeats in 7 games.
Out of the Carling Cup,
out of the League title race,
hopefully out of Europe this week.
Fat Spanish waiter making some comical subs as usual.
Torres and Benayoun off
2 red cards also
Come on Lyon!!

Look at that fat spanish's face.
Priceless!!
36978421.jpg

BlueCat

Alfrescian
Loyal
another tough luck match.
was on the way to victory,yet Rafa took out Torres in the 87th minutes and then Lyon equalised in injury-time.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
another tough luck match.
was on the way to victory,yet Rafa took out Torres in the 87th minutes and then Lyon equalised in injury-time.

I think scousers are unfairly taking it out on Rafa for their dismal run. Seriously every team goes through a rough patch at some point of the season.
I dun think he made any mistakes with Torres substitution in that match nor the match before. Rafa was merely making the most out of a bad situation as the striker was carrying an injury. Look no further than the back 4 and you'll understand why they've performed poorly.

alvin36

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm not againt Rafa, and I'm not a big liverpool fan...

Just my personal opinion, I think Rafa has done as much as he could, I would rate him B+ for his 5 years of work as Pool manager.

With the type of board room support and financial support, I dont think liverpool is as big as Man U and chelsea at the moment, and they are not as big as Inter, Real Madrid, Barce in europe. So... what makes everyone think that they deserve to be champion ??

With their current squad, which is very thin, the best they can hope for is 4th place in EPL, which should be considered a success !
Liverpool only has 2-4 world class players, gerrard, torres and maybe marcherrano and reina
Man U has.. 5-8
Chelsea has almost 11 !!

Next, Rafa is not suitable for english football, he has try to change last 2 years, but Liverpool simply could not compete with Man U or chelsea over a whole season. Besides Man U and chelsea, there are arsenal, Man City, Villa, spurs, everton... which are capable of 4th place in EPL.

Overall, I think it is best that Rafa leave, and liverpool should rebuild and re-structure the whole team and management.

jw5

Loyal
I think scousers are unfairly taking it out on Rafa for their dismal run. Seriously every team goes through a rough patch at some point of the season.
I dun think he made any mistakes with Torres substitution in that match nor the match before. Rafa was merely making the most out of a bad situation as the striker was carrying an injury. Look no further than the back 4 and you'll understand why they've performed poorly.
What about taking off Benayoun against Fulham when they were down 2-1?
I don't think Rafa is totally to blame, but he has this tendancy to want to "save" players for future games, even when the current game is still going on.
Although I'm not a big fan of Fergie either, you may have noticed that he never takes Rooney or Ronaldo off even when Man Utd are ahead by 1 or 2 goals, only when they are ahead by at least 3 goals.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
What about taking off Benayoun against Fulham when they were down 2-1?
I don't think Rafa is totally to blame, but he has this tendancy to want to "save" players for future games, even when the current game is still going on.
Although I'm not a big fan of Fergie either, you may have noticed that he never takes Rooney or Ronaldo off even when Man Utd are ahead by 1 or 2 goals, only when they are ahead by at least 3 goals.

If Fergie were in Rafa's position, he would have done the same. In fact Fergie would go to the extreme of leaving out his top striker for an EPL game,ie. depending on his priority for the season-recall the mickey mouse semi against Everton last season.

I dun think its so much about Torres, Gerrard or Benayoun playing. They were used against Fiorentina and Pool was soundly beaten. It was up to the rest of the players to step up to the plate. Skrtel who played remarkably well last season is not the same player this season. The combo of Skrtel, Agger and Carragher for some reason lack the understanding that they had last season. On hindsight, perhaps they should have retained Hyppia. I do believe this bad run will end but certainly not through a change in manager.

The Whelans and Mcmahons are not going to do any better than Rafa.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm not againt Rafa, and I'm not a big liverpool fan...

Just my personal opinion, I think Rafa has done as much as he could, I would rate him B+ for his 5 years of work as Pool manager.

With the type of board room support and financial support, I dont think liverpool is as big as Man U and chelsea at the moment, and they are not as big as Inter, Real Madrid, Barce in europe. So... what makes everyone think that they deserve to be champion ??

With their current squad, which is very thin, the best they can hope for is 4th place in EPL, which should be considered a success !
Liverpool only has 2-4 world class players, gerrard, torres and maybe marcherrano and reina
Man U has.. 5-8
Chelsea has almost 11 !!

You hit the nail on the head about the 'depth' and financial constraints of the club. Personally, I think Rafa should see out the season and hopefully the club can find buyers before the start of 2010/2011 season. Let the new owners decide if Rafa is the right man for the long term good of the club.

BlueCat

Alfrescian
Loyal
been very disappointed with the results after the win against Red Devils.
look like we maybe can kiss the CL goodbye and maybe will not even in the top 4 to qualify for the CL next season.
but i see that Man City and Spurs is also not getting any good results except Villa.