• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Liverpool Season 2009-10

jw5

Loyal
babel came with a hefty price tag and great promise and expectations...unfortunately he has disappointed more than delighted when given a chance on the pitch...i think if rafa could get the same price that he paid for babel he would have probably offloaded him before 2/9 and used the $$$ to get another striker...well between now and the winter transfer window i suggest rafa try using babel as an out an out striker on the right together with torres or in place of torres as a sub(4-4-2; 4-2-3-1) because babel is not suited on the left wing, nor as a left midfielder...
In my opinion, Benitez has failed to get the best out of Babel. He may yet turn out to be a very good player at another club.
Since Liverpool already have workmanlike players in Mascherano, Kuyt and Lucas, why doesn't Benitez give Babel more freedom of expression, instead of demanding that he plays 'within the system'?

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
perhaps...but i have also observed him when he turns out in orange and again babel is inconsistent...flashes of brilliance then turns flat...when he first came to anfield i thought reds had another john barnes or even a potential thierry henry...sadly brought down to earth after 2 seasons of inconsistency...i think its best to let this lad go when the squad is not so thin...

In my opinion, Benitez has failed to get the best out of Babel. He may yet turn out to be a very good player at another club.
Since Liverpool already have workmanlike players in Mascherano, Kuyt and Lucas, why doesn't Benitez give Babel more freedom of expression, instead of demanding that he plays 'within the system'?

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Benitez couldn't even bring out the best of Torres. He came in rotating until everybody dizzy without any first choice squad without any stable formation, relying almost solely on the versatility of Gerrard. He was extremely lucky to get away with the 2005 ECL title, but I'm not surprised that with this way, he could never manage Liverpool to win any EPL title.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
well i seriously think this is a make or break season for rafa at anfield...however to be fair to him the yankee owners have not made things that easy for him either...

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal

I think so too. Dutch players are individualist and I reckon they wpould perform better in a more loosely structured formation than what they have now with Benitez at pool.
Having said that, I think good players can adapt to any situation. He's too predictable when operating on the left.

jw5

Loyal
Liverpool fans should try to get hold of Ian Rush's autobiography and read it. I think the title is aptly "Rush".
Very well thought out book with many accounts of past matches. A little gossip here and there, but not as much as some other ex players and certainly not as whiny as a certain cashley cole.
Our esteemed national coach Raddy Avramovic is mentioned in the book. Rush played in a game against Notts County where Liverpool won 4-0, but it could have been more if not for the keeper Raddy, according to Rushie!

BlueCat

Alfrescian
Loyal
a very disappointed result against Debrecen in the Champion League but a win is still a win.
hope this weekend we can get a good result against West Ham at Upton Park.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
yes a win is a win..and that is what the reds should be looking for at upton park later today...not an easy match and i shall be pretty nervy watching this one...

torres does not look like a happy camper the last few games and his form has been mediocre, in fact i think he needs a rest(maybe his baby daughter is keeping him up at nights)....same goes for gerrard(not the baby part just the average form)...vorro was shit again as usual when he came on to play...and carra has been a real worry in defence when before he was a rock...fortunately players like yossi, kuyt and johnson have been scoring goals and reina has been pretty solid in goal...babel also suddenly came to life when he came on in the last 10 mins against debrecen and lucas also looked ok which was a relief...hope reira sharpens his goal instincts and aurelio makes a strong return...liverpool have gotta keep the momentum going...

YNWA

ps. hope some of the 20m pounds/yr from the great stan chart bank deal goes towards strengthen the squad and not used for paring down the yankees debt

Wayne Piew

Alfrescian
Loyal
why liverpool lost big time in the champion league?
this is a big surprise.

Well done Fiorentina!!
Hopefully Chelski will make it 2 in a row
when they face off against Loserpool this Sun.
Happy days are here again,
but not for Loserpool supporters.:p

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Well done Fiorentina!!
Hopefully Chelski will make it 2 in a row
when they face off against Loserpool this Sun.
Happy days are here again,
but not for Loserpool supporters.:p

Since you support Manchester United, the best outcome you should hope for is Chelsea draw Liverpool, not Chelsea beat Liverpool. :wink:

allanlee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Since you support Manchester United, the best outcome you should hope for is Chelsea draw Liverpool, not Chelsea beat Liverpool. :wink:

Correction..... the BEST outcome would be for Liverpool to beat Chelsea..... then the Scums would be ahead on points :p

allanlee

Alfrescian
Loyal
why liverpool lost big time in the champion league?
this is a big surprise.

The defenders played like schoolboys....... Carragher seemed like stoned and kenna gongtao :mad: Benitez better get some reliable replacements come January...... otherwise Liverpool gonna be losing more games :(

jw5

Loyal
Perhaps he dislikes Liverpool more than he likes Man Utd?

jw5

Loyal
The defenders played like schoolboys....... Carragher seemed like stoned and kenna gongtao :mad: Benitez better get some reliable replacements come January...... otherwise Liverpool gonna be losing more games :(
Liverpool can run riot over the weak BPL teams like Hull, because they have great attacking players like Torres and Gerrard, well supported by Benayoun and Kyut.
But they have a soft spine defensively. Johnson is not a strong defender, Insua is inexperienced, and Carragher is looking as if he is starting to deteriorate. They will concede to good teams both in England and Europe.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Liverpool is still being plagued by inconsistency of wide ranging swings. Quite a bad time for them to visit Chelsea this Sunday if they don't get themselves in order.

allanlee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Liverpool is still being plagued by inconsistency of wide ranging swings. Quite a bad time for them to visit Chelsea this Sunday if they don't get themselves in order.

Was watching Chelsea's CL match this morning........ if the Blues play like they did last night..... even our Sengkang Utd can beat them :biggrin:
...... seems like Liverpool still got chance of winning this weekend in the battle of the two horrible teams :p

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Was watching Chelsea's CL match this morning........ if the Blues play like they did last night..... even our Sengkang Utd can beat them :biggrin:
...... seems like Liverpool still got chance of winning this weekend in the battle of the two horrible teams :p

Read that C. Ancelotti was angry with Chelsea's performance, but didn't watch and didn't know it was that bad. :eek: Anyway, both teams are looking at their next game as "get back on track" games. Maybe negative + negative = positive and there'll be a good showdown. :biggrin:

BlueCat

Alfrescian
Loyal
a lousy and disappointing performance by the Reds.
hopefully we can bounce back and take something in this weekend match against Chelsea.
a point will be good enough after the result in the Champion League.