• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Leisure Farm Community

wahlaos

personally i prefer to buy properties that are already built. at least i know what i am buying exactly.
old man already...better to see the real thing. layout on paper not so clear. also can get to know the neighbours when buying a place.
viewing houses is like first date. U only see the good things. shortcomings you will only see when u get to know the person/house.
so any shortcomings on bayou?
eg with the management? concerns driving in and out of LF using the Broads at night?

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
personally i prefer to buy properties that are already built. at least i know what i am buying exactly.
old man already...better to see the real thing. layout on paper not so clear. also can get to know the neighbours when buying a place.
viewing houses is like first date. U only see the good things. shortcomings you will only see when u get to know the person/house.
so any shortcomings on bayou?
eg with the management? concerns driving in and out of LF using the Broads at night?

sandflies!!! mosquitoes abound, i have installed insect screens so its fine if not can be an issue the bimonthly fogging doesn't seem to help (maybe it did). the courtyard (terrace) is an attraction opening up the area to light so the space feels bigger but can be a bane too. units are higher than road and there is a hump to drive into your car porch but lowered/low cars may need to drive with care. I can only go backside in like parking in SG. management is good. 2 guys and 1 gal dedicated to running the show full time plus a battalion of gardeners/maintenance people. they are the unsung heroes maintaining the attractive facade as well as the administrative. The problem is more with the resident's committee just like any other committee really some people have ego other people are frank etc but ultimately for the right reasons. Driving in and out, all of us feel that the fears are unfounded just exercise general caution about (you are speaking to a camp who are ok with it, already living in LF and are traveling in and out on a daily basis, the doubting thomases wouldn't have bought an LF place anyway). Finally it is further from amenities compared to other developments. There, as objective as I can. Hope this helps!

many thanks for sharing.
good to know that the bayou committee is a friendly and interactive bunch. just like the kampong style Mulpha wanted it to be.
as we are looking to retire there, we shortlisted bayou rather than the >2000+sqf houses.
thus unlikely to be renting out.

yeap I too liked the smaller footprint of the houses here.

Valdez

Alfrescian
Loyal
Where is this urban wellness resort?

Witness Eastern & Oriental Bhd (E&O)'s Medini Integrated Wellness Capital (IWC) in Iskandar Malaysia, Johor. Scheduled to launch early next year, this RM3 billion township is developed as a joint venture with Malaysia and Singapore's sovereign wealth funds and revolves around an anchor wellness centre, dubbed a wellness sanctuary.

Open to the public with membership provided to the township's residents, the sanctuary aims to offer services such as gene analysis, acupuncture, reflexology, qigong, yoga, pilates, meditation, exercise and nutritional programmes, as well as pampering spa treatments. It will be operated by an international operator, whom the developer is currently sourcing, from as near as Thailand to as far as US.

Properties within this 210-acre Medini IWC are planned to comprise 445 terrace houses, 96 bungalows, 68 semi-detached homes, one block of serviced apartments and 1,415 condominium units, as well as a commercial centre.

Landed & healthy under RM1 million
The first phase is set to launch early next year and E&O has indicated that the properties here will be affordable to the middle class. Especially when it comes to the initial launches, double storey terrace houses may be priced as low as under RM1 million.

terencetan1981

Alfrescian
Loyal
Witness Eastern & Oriental Bhd (E&O)'s Medini Integrated Wellness Capital (IWC) in Iskandar Malaysia, Johor. Scheduled to launch early next year, this RM3 billion township is developed as a joint venture with Malaysia and Singapore's sovereign wealth funds and revolves around an anchor wellness centre, dubbed a wellness sanctuary.

Open to the public with membership provided to the township's residents, the sanctuary aims to offer services such as gene analysis, acupuncture, reflexology, qigong, yoga, pilates, meditation, exercise and nutritional programmes, as well as pampering spa treatments. It will be operated by an international operator, whom the developer is currently sourcing, from as near as Thailand to as far as US.

Properties within this 210-acre Medini IWC are planned to comprise 445 terrace houses, 96 bungalows, 68 semi-detached homes, one block of serviced apartments and 1,415 condominium units, as well as a commercial centre.

Landed & healthy under RM1 million
The first phase is set to launch early next year and E&O has indicated that the properties here will be affordable to the middle class. Especially when it comes to the initial launches, double storey terrace houses may be priced as low as under RM1 million.

hey do you know if we can use CPF to buy the house there? since it's joint developed by singapore.

Valdez

Alfrescian
Loyal
No way you can use your cpf to buy Malaysian properties. Recommend taking a term loan from Singapore bank as interest lower. Mortgage rate in Malaysia is above 4% where else in Singapore is less than 2%.

Hondacrv

Alfrescian
Loyal
No way you can use your cpf to buy Malaysian properties. Recommend taking a term loan from Singapore bank as interest lower. Mortgage rate in Malaysia is above 4% where else in Singapore is less than 2%.

If you take maximum tenure or maximum loan etc in Malaysia, expect to fork out twice the money for one house. If your house is RM 1 million, after 30 or 40 years you would have paid RM 2 million.

terencetan1981

Alfrescian
Loyal

Oh? Is it possible to do so? The Singapore bank to remit the money to Malaysia developer and I pay monthly installment in Singapore? That's a much better way than paying in Malaysia.. Considering the hassle of converting periodically just to transfer the money over.

captainjones

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi Valdez, which banks in Sg provide term loan for Malaysia properties? Thanks.

Mingchye

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Valdez, which banks in Sg provide term loan for Malaysia properties? Thanks.

Result of quick check
RHB Bank SG has -> http://www.rhbbank.com.sg/personal/loans/malaysian_property.html
UOB -> http://www.uob.com.sg/personal/loans/property/international_home_loans.html

I rmbr Maybank SG used to have but no longer offers this package.
Interesting old article from Straits Times:
http://business.asiaone.com/Busines...it+And+Loans/Story/A1Story20070723-19395.html

I am not confident that the SG branch can support the valuation of the property you are eyeing or may have a more conservative valuation compared to their MY branch. For new properties, usually developers tie up with local panel banks to ensure valuation is fully supported up to the developer's selling price. If you attempt to take similar loan in SG, again I am not confident they can support.

Last edited:

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Malaysian bank's interest is around 4.3% now. Can the SG banks or foreign bank with SG operations offer 2%?

If you are a well-heeled customer, possibly so but for normal customers, would that be posssible?

Valdez

Alfrescian
Loyal
I believe the interest cannot be lower than Malaysian banks. Perhaps if you have a paid up property you could refinance it and get a term loan at a lower interest rate.

Mingchye

Alfrescian
Loyal
I called RHB Singapore just now and found out the interest for their Msian residential loan is 4.6%. Probably to price in additional risk e.g. Foreign property and exchange rate risks.

FANOFLF

Alfrescian
Loyal
Considering buying LF, but some concerns (PART 1) :

- what's the potential of rental yield for semi D or bungalow at LF? Is there demand in the first place?

- how's the security within LF? Any breakins / crimes so far?

- how's the security surrounding LF? especially the road leading to entrance is very dark at night ... which best way to enter LF at night from 2nd link?

Please enlighten ... thanks.

FANOFLF

Alfrescian
Loyal
LF advice needed

Im considering buying LF property, some concerns and hope someone can enlighten me pls (PART 2) :

- is it confirmed that highway will lead into LF?

- Any concession pass (some form of savings / multiple entry passes) for Singaporeans driving in and out 2nd link in Singapore cars?

- Is there high capital appreciation potential of LF property so far?

Thanks much ... appreciated.

Valdez

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: LF advice needed

I understand
1) rental yield not so good. 3 to 5%
2) security very good. A couple of break ins many years ago but no loss of properties
3) at the moment not so safe cos got to pass by gelang patah town to reach LF. Long winding narrow road not brightly lit at night
4) 2 new accesses to be announced. One directly from ciq near the water tower and the other from medini.
5) think you get5% rebate for every 100rm spent on toll charges
6) definitely yes. Next year all the new launches at LF at least 20% more expensive. Smaller too.

Jogs1

Alfrescian
Loyal

Leisure Farm new Exit in progress. Pictures taking from Taman Leisure Farm near to the Water Tank

150527_373540736053459_335360841_n.jpg

524906_373540809386785_962277928_n.jpg

602316_373540796053453_888377972_n.jpg

terencetan1981

Alfrescian
Loyal

Leisure Farm new Exit in progress. Pictures taking from Taman Leisure Farm near to the Water Tank

150527_373540736053459_335360841_n.jpg

524906_373540809386785_962277928_n.jpg

602316_373540796053453_888377972_n.jpg
Does that mean new exit directly connect to highway? Was confused that the new exit should be the one connects to medini previously saw from thir sale brochure