• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Just sharing.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
God is crazy about you. He sends you flowers every spring and a sunrise every morning. Whenever you want to talk, He’ll listen. He can live anywhere in the universe, and He chose your heart.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Over The Hump

This is a note from an unknown author. But he or she knew what
they were talking about. Please read the references in 1-5.
Allow today's note to help you over the HUMP!

The problems you face will either defeat you or develop you -
depending on how you respond to them.

Unfortunately, most people fail to see how God wants to use
problems for good in their lives. They react foolishly and
resent their problems rather than pausing to consider what
benefit they might bring.

Here are five ways God wants to use the problems in your life:

1. God uses problems to DIRECT you.
Sometimes God must light a fire under you to get you moving.
Problems often point us in a new direction and motivate us to
change. Is God trying to get your attention? Sometimes it
takes a painful situation to make us change our ways.
Proverbs 20:30

2. God uses problems to INSPECT you.
People are like tea bags...if you want to know what's inside
them, just drop them into hot water! Has God tested your faith
with a problem? What do problems reveal about you? When you
have many kinds of troubles, you should be full of joy,
because you know that these troubles test your faith and this
will give you patience. James 1:2-3

3. God uses problems to CORRECT you.
Some lessons we learn only through pain and failure. It's likely
that as a child your parents told you not to touch a hot stove.
But you probably learned by being burned.
Sometimes we only learn the value of something...health, money,
a relationship... by losing it. It was the best thing that
could have happened to me, for it taught me to pay attention to
your laws. Psalm 119:71-72

4. God uses problems to PROTECT you.
A problem can be a blessing in disguise if it prevents you from
being harmed by something more serious. Last year a friend was
fired for refusing to do something unethical that his boss had
asked him to do. His unemployment was a problem - but it saved
him from being convicted and sent to prison a year later when
management's actions were eventually discovered. You intended
to harm me, but God intended it for good... Genesis 50:20

5. God uses problems to PERFECT you.
Problems, when responded to correctly, are character builders.
God is far more interested in your character than your comfort.
Your relationship to God and your character are the only two
things you're going to take with you into eternity.

We can rejoice when we run into problems... they help us learn
to be patient. And patience develops strength of character in
us and helps us trust God more each time we use it until finally
our hope and faith are strong and steady. Romans 5:3-4

Here's the point:
God is at work in your life - even when you do not recognize it
or understand it. But it's much easier and profitable when you
cooperate with Him.

Success can be measured not only in achievements, but in lessons
learned, lives touched and moments shared along the way.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Garfield (fake name) is nearly a decade younger than I. When he asked me out after I had known him a couple of months, I tried to turn him down, suggesting that he needed to date a younger woman; but my heart wasn’t really into my suggestion because, truth to tell, I was already smitten. When he told me I had to decide right then and there because he would never ask me again, I gave a one-word reply, “Yes.”

For me, that “yes” was the biggest commitment of my life. From my new boyfriend, I learned the difference between age and maturity. I had never dated anyone his age before and I had never dated a man who was as mature as he was, even when I had dated much older men. I had been married before and it had turned out badly. I couldn’t believe the consideration this young man exhibited.

I also couldn’t believe I could hang on to him, but I made up my mind to enjoy whatever time I had and to be true and faithful to him whether the joy in my life lasted only a few weeks or a lifetime. When he asked me to marry him, I was reluctant to do so. I was afraid that once we were married, he would begin to treat me as my husband had; but when he laid that old ultimatum on me, saying “Marry me or I’m out of here,” I again said, “Yes.”

Over thirty years later, he is the man I respect most in all the world. He stayed exactly the same, unless you count getting better; and the difference in our ages was never relevant to our relationship. What was relevant was that my younger husband turned out to be a “top of the line” model.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Blessed Correction from God
Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live? For they verily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; but he for our profit, that we might be partakers of his holiness.

Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby.

Hebrews 12:9-11 KJV

Blessed is the man whom You chasten, O LORD,
And whom You teach out of Your law;

That You may grant him relief from the days of adversity,
Until a pit is dug for the wicked.

For the LORD will not abandon His people,
Nor will He forsake His inheritance.

For judgment will again be righteous,
And all the upright in heart will follow it.

Psalm 94:12-15 NASB

Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.

2 Corinthians 4:16-18 NIV

Thanks be unto God for His wonderful gift:
Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son of God
is the object of our faith; the only faith
that saves is faith in Him.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
“Only let your conversation be as it becometh the gospel of Christ.”

Philippians 1:27

The word “conversation” does not merely mean our talk and converse with one another, but the whole course of our life and behaviour in the world. The Greek word signifies the actions and the privileges of citizenship: and thus we are commanded to let our actions, as citizens of the New Jerusalem, be such as becometh the gospel of Christ. What sort of conversation is this?

In the first place, the gospel is very simple. So Christians should be simple and plain in their habits. There should be about our manner, our speech, our dress, our whole behaviour, that simplicity which is the very soul of beauty. The gospel is pre-eminently true, it is gold without dross; and the Christian's life will be lustreless and valueless without the jewel of truth. The gospel is a very fearless gospel, it boldly proclaims the truth, whether men like it or not: we must be equally faithful and unflinching.

But the gospel is also very gentle. Mark this spirit in its Founder: “a bruised reed he will not break.” Some professors are sharper than a thorn-hedge; such men are not like Jesus. Let us seek to win others by the gentleness of our words and acts. The gospel is very loving. It is the message of the God of love to a lost and fallen race. Christ's last command to his disciples was, “Love one another.”

O for more real, hearty union and love to all the saints; for more tender compassion towards the souls of the worst and vilest of men! We must not forget that the gospel of Christ is holy. It never excuses sin: it pardons it, but only through an atonement. If our life is to resemble the gospel, we must shun, not merely the grosser vices, but everything that would hinder our perfect conformity to Christ. For his sake, for our own sakes, and for the sakes of others, we must strive day by day to let our conversation be more in accordance with his gospel.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The Silent Years

There are times when God will speak to you and then be silent
for an extended period of time. Silence does not mean you have
been forsaken by God. It simply means that God has spoken,
and now is the time to allow the word that He spoke to germinate
and come to pass.

Silence is not the same as peace. Silence is the absence of
noise, but peace is the presence of God! While you are going
through "silent years," you should focus on inner peace.

Inner peace produces outward confidence in the face of negative
circumstances so that we can go forward in the assurance that
even though tribulation is coming against us, we are more
than conquerors over it!

The Greek word for peace actually describes a spiritual
equilibrium no matter whatever may seek to upset us. The
biblical meaning of peace never denotes the absence of trouble.
Peace is not the absence of negatives but the presence of
positives. God's peace is inward and spiritual and never
predicated by contrary circumstances or negative events.

Poverty, sickness, death nor debt can override internal peace!

Silent years should indicate a time of reflection, introspection
and listening. The quieter we become, the more we hear.
However, we cannot rush the silent years.

Silent years are times of transition. Transition is always
uncomfortable and appears to last forever. We must ENDURE the
silent years! Whenever you see the word endure, it means that
there is no short cut through it. It must be endured.
You cannot circumvent what must be endured.

We are told to ENDURE unto the end. (Matt. 24:13)
We are told to ENDURE persecution and tribulation. (II Th. 1:4-10)
We are told to ENDURE hardness. (II Tim. 2:1-3)
We are told to ENDURE affliction. (II Tim. 4:5)
We are told to ENDURE chastening. (Heb. 12:7)

The key to being able to ENDURE is to see the END (ENDure).

Now, here are some things for you to question during the silent
years:

Is my life really submitted to God?
Am I submitted at home, work, church and to the government?
Have I learned my lesson?
What is God trying to teach me?
Am I humble enough to be teachable?
Has the fruit of patience been sufficiently developed in me?
Do I still have an appetite for the world in me?
Did I properly respond to the last thing God told me to do?
Have I attained a deeper faith?
Is my attitude right toward God and others?
Am I harboring unforgiveness?
What am I becoming?
Have I sufficiently developed and matured as a person?
Have I taken the time to minister to the Lord? (Acts 13:2)

During your silent years you should:

1. Practice and develop your gifts. Study.
2. Clarify. Define goals. Reorder priorities.
3. Serve (even while you are hurting).
4. Trust God.
5. Pray

Your silent years should change your life! You should come out
as a new person! When you come out, you should have a new level
of:

1. Knowledge
2. Responsibility
3. Authority/Power
4. Faith
5. Trust

Remember, problems never come to last, they only come to pass!

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Worldly Friendship?
From whence come wars and fightings among you? come they not hence, even of your lusts that war in your members? Ye lust, and have not: ye kill, and desire to have, and cannot obtain: ye fight and war, yet ye have not, because ye ask not. Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts.

Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.

James 4:1-4 KJV

As obedient children, do not conform to the evil desires you had when you lived in ignorance. But just as he who called you is holy, so be holy in all you do; for it is written: "Be holy, because I am holy."

1 Peter 1:14-16 NIV

For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh and the lust of the eyes and the boastful pride of life, is not from the Father, but is from the world. The world is passing away, and also its lusts; but the one who does the will of God lives forever.

1 John 2:16,17 NASB

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
“And they rose up the same hour, and returned Jerusalem ... and they told what things were done in the way, and how he was known of them.”

Luke 24:33,35

When the two disciples had reached Emmaus, and were refreshing themselves at the evening meal, the mysterious stranger who had so enchanted them upon the road, took bread and brake it, made himself known to them, and then vanished out of their sight. They had constrained him to abide with them, because the day was far spent; but now, although it was much later, their love was a lamp to their feet, yea, wings also; they forgot the darkness, their weariness was all gone, and forthwith they journeyed back the threescore furlongs to tell the gladsome news of a risen Lord, who had appeared to them by the way.

They reached the Christians in Jerusalem, and were received by a burst of joyful news before they could tell their own tale. These early Christians were all on fire to speak of Christ's resurrection, and to proclaim what they knew of the Lord; they made common property of their experiences. This evening let their example impress us deeply. We too must bear our witness concerning Jesus. John's account of the sepulchre needed to be supplemented by Peter; and Mary could speak of something further still; combined, we have a full testimony from which nothing can be spared.

We have each of us peculiar gifts and special manifestations; but the one object God has in view is the perfecting of the whole body of Christ. We must, therefore, bring our spiritual possessions and lay them at the apostle's feet, and make distribution unto all of what God has given to us. Keep back no part of the precious truth, but speak what you know, and testify what you have seen. Let not the toil or darkness, or possible unbelief of your friends, weigh one moment in the scale. Up, and be marching to the place of duty, and there tell what great things God has shown to your soul.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Heartprints

Whatever our hands touch-
We leave fingerprints!
On walls, on furniture
On doorknobs, dishes, books.
There’s no escape.
As we touch we leave our identity.

Oh God, wherever I go today
Help me leave heartprints!
Heartprints of compassion
Of understanding and love.
Heartprints of kindness
And genuine concern.
May my heart touch a lonely neighbor
Or a runaway daughter
Or an anxious mother
Or perhaps an aged grandfather.

Lord, send me out today
To leave heartprints.
And if someone should say
“I felt your touch,”
May that one sense YOUR LOVE
Touching through ME.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Freedom from Fear
Fear of man will prove to be a snare,
but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe.

Proverbs 29:25 NIV

For God hath not given us the spirit of fear;
but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

2 Timothy 1:7 KJV

Do not be afraid, little flock, for your Father has chosen gladly to give you the kingdom. Sell your possessions and give to charity; make yourselves money belts which do not wear out, an unfailing treasure in heaven, where no thief comes near nor moth destroys. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

Luke 12:32-34 NASB

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Forgiveness for Sin
I will cleanse them from all the sin they have committed against me and will forgive all their sins of rebellion against me. Then this city will bring me renown, joy, praise and honor before all nations on earth that hear of all the good things I do for it; and they will be in awe and will tremble at the abundant prosperity and peace I provide for it.'

Jeremiah 33:8,9 NIV

I write unto you, little children, because your sins are forgiven you for his name's sake.

1 John 2:12 KJV

Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come. Now all these things are from God, who reconciled us to Himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation.

2 Corinthians 5:17,18 NASB

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
“What is thy servant, that thou shouldest look upon such a dead dog as I am?”

2 Samuel 9:8

If Mephibosheth was thus humbled by David's kindness, what shall we be in the presence of our gracious Lord? The more grace we have, the less we shall think of ourselves, for grace, like light, reveals our impurity. Eminent saints have scarcely known to what to compare themselves, their sense of unworthiness has been so clear and keen. “I am,” says holy Rutherford, “a dry and withered branch, a piece of dead carcass, dry bones, and not able to step over a straw.” In another place he writes, “Except as to open outbreakings, I want nothing of what Judas and Cain had.”

The meanest objects in nature appear to the humbled mind to have a preference above itself, because they have never contracted sin: a dog may be greedy, fierce, or filthy, but it has no conscience to violate, no Holy Spirit to resist. A dog may be a worthless animal, and yet by a little kindness it is soon won to love its master, and is faithful unto death; but we forget the goodness of the Lord, and follow not at his call. The term “dead dog” is the most expressive of all terms of contempt, but it is none too strong to express the self- abhorrence of instructed believers. They do not affect mock modesty, they mean what they say, they have weighed themselves in the balances of the sanctuary, and found out the vanity of their nature.

At best, we are but clay, animated dust, mere walking hillocks; but viewed as sinners, we are monsters indeed. Let it be published in heaven as a wonder, that the Lord Jesus should set his heart's love upon such as we are. Dust and ashes though we be, we must and will “magnify the exceeding greatness of his grace.” Could not his heart find rest in heaven? Must he needs come to these tents of Kedar for a spouse, and choose a bride upon whom the sun had looked? O heavens and earth, break forth into a song, and give all glory to our sweet Lord Jesus.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Mom Did You See It?

Barbara was driving her six-year-old son, Benjamin, to his piano
lesson. They were late, and Barbara was beginning to think she
should have cancelled it. There was always so much to do, and
Barbara, a night-duty nurse at the local hospital, had recently
worked extra shifts. She was tired. The sleet storm and icy
roads added to her tension. Maybe she should turn the car around.

"Mom!" Ben cried, "Look!"

Just ahead a car had lost control on a patch of ice.
As Barbara tapped the brakes, the other car spun wildly,
rolled over, then crashed sideways into a telephone pole.

Barbara pulled over, skidded to a stop and threw open her door.
Thank goodness she was a nurse, she might be able to help these
unfortunate passengers.

Then she paused. What about Ben? She couldn't take him with
her; little boys shouldn't see scenes like the one she anticipated.

But was it safe to leave him alone? What if their car was hit
from behind? For a brief moment Barbara considered going on her
way. Someone else was sure to come along. No!
"Ben, honey, promise me you'll stay in the car!"

"I will, Mommy," he said as she ran, slipping and sliding,
toward the crash site.

It was worse than she'd feared. Two girls of high school age
were in the car. One, the blonde on the passenger side, was
dead, killed on impact. The driver, however was still breathing.

She was unconscious and pinned in the wreckage.
Barbara quickly applied pressure to the wound in the teenager's
head while her practiced eye catalogued the other injuries.
A broken leg, maybe two, along with probable internal bleeding.
But if help came soon, the girl would live.

A trucker had pulled up and was calling for help on his cellular
phone. Soon Barbara heard the ambulance sirens. A few moments
later she surrendered her lonely post to rescue workers.

"Good job," one said as he examined the driver's wounds,
"You probably saved her life, ma'am." Perhaps. But as Barbara
walked back to her car a feeling of sadness overwhelmed her,
especially for the family of the girl who had died.

Their lives would never be the same. Oh God, why do such things
have to happen? Slowly Barbara opened her car door.

What should she tell Benjamin?
He was staring at the crash site, his blue eyes huge.

"Mom," he whispered, "did you see it?"

"See what, Honey?" she asked.

"The angel, Mom! He came down from the sky while you were
running to the car. And he opened the door, and he took that
girl out."

Barbara's eyes filled with tears. "Which door, Ben?"

"The passenger side. He took the girl's hand, and they floated
up to heaven together."

"What about the driver?"

Ben shrugged. "I didn't see anyone else."

Later Barbara was able to meet the families of the victims.
They expressed their gratitude for the help she had provided.
Barbara was able to give them something more — Ben's vision.

There was no way he could have known by ordinary means who was
in the car or what had happened to either of the passengers.
Nor could the passenger door have been opened. Barbara had seen
it's tangle of immovable steel herself. Yet Ben's account
brought consolation to a grieving family. Their daughter was
safe in heaven, and they would see her again.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Seek Humility
The greatest among you will be your servant. For whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted.

Matthew 23:11,12 NIV

LORD, thou hast heard the desire of the humble: thou wilt prepare their heart, thou wilt cause thine ear to hear: To judge the fatherless and the oppressed, that the man of the earth may no more oppress.

Psalm 10:17,18 KJV

You younger men, likewise, be subject to your elders; and all of you, clothe yourselves with humility toward one another, for God is opposed to the proud, but gives grace to the humble. Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you at the proper time, casting all your anxiety on Him, because He cares for you.

1 Peter 5:5-7 NASB

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
“This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope.”

Lamentations 3:21

Memory is frequently the bond slave of despondency. Despairing minds call to remembrance every dark foreboding in the past, and dilate upon every gloomy feature in the present; thus memory, clothed in sackcloth, presents to the mind a cup of mingled gall and wormwood. There is, however, no necessity for this. Wisdom can readily transform memory into an angel of comfort. That same recollection which in its left hand brings so many gloomy omens, may be trained to bear in its right a wealth of hopeful signs. She need not wear a crown of iron, she may encircle her brow with a fillet of gold, all spangled with stars.

Thus it was in Jeremiah's experience: in the previous verse memory had brought him to deep humiliation of soul: “My soul hath them still in remembrance, and is humbled in me;” and now this same memory restored him to life and comfort. “This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope.” Like a two-edged sword, his memory first killed his pride with one edge, and then slew his despair with the other. As a general principle, if we would exercise our memories more wisely, we might, in our very darkest distress, strike a match which would instantaneously kindle the lamp of comfort.

There is no need for God to create a new thing upon the earth in order to restore believers to joy; if they would prayerfully rake the ashes of the past, they would find light for the present; and if they would turn to the book of truth and the throne of grace, their candle would soon shine as aforetime. Be it ours to remember the lovingkindness of the Lord, and to rehearse his deeds of grace. Let us open the volume of recollection which is so richly illuminated with memorials of mercy, and we shall soon be happy. Thus memory may be, as Coleridge calls it, “the bosom-spring of joy,” and when the Divine Comforter bends it to his service, it may be chief among earthly comforters.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
You Alone

Whoever you are, there is some younger person who thinks you are
perfect.

There is some work that will never be done if you don't do it.

There is someone who would miss you if you were gone.

There is a place that you alone can fill."

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Different Kinds of Diamonds

Many years ago, when my children were quite small, I was brought
to the realization that we don't always recognize our real
riches.

One morning, as my neighbor was visiting me with her children
and my children were running around doing what kids do, there
was a handy man putting a new floor in my kitchen.

He was very friendly and was talking to my friend and I while he
was banging away at the floor. He happened to notice the
diamond ring on my friend's hand and complimented her on it.
It was really quite beautiful.

At that point, I glanced down at my hand and I felt kind of bad
because I only had a wedding ring and no engagement ring. I
just kind of blurted out to the gentlemen that I didn't own a
diamond.

He looked at me and said, "Oh, yes you do. I see your three
children playing right now. Believe me when I tell you that
those are your diamonds."

Well, I learned something that day.

I also learned as years have gone by that my diamonds have not
lost their luster. They have all grown up to be happy,
purposeful, shining adults, and they continue to bring brilliance
into my life.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Growing in Grace
Finally, brothers, we instructed you how to live in order to please God, as in fact you are living. Now we ask you and urge you in the Lord Jesus to do this more and more. For you know what instructions we gave you by the authority of the Lord Jesus.

It is God's will that you should be sanctified: that you should avoid sexual immorality; that each of you should learn to control his own body in a way that is holy and honorable, not in passionate lust like the heathen, who do not know God;

1 Thessalonians 4:1-5 NIV

Herein is My Father glorified: that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be My disciples.

John 15:8 KJV

Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as from the Lord, the Spirit.

2 Corinthians 3:17,18 NASB

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Seek Righteousness
But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Matthew 6:33 KJV

Say ye to the righteous, that it shall be well with him: for they shall eat the fruit of their doings.

Isaiah 3:10 KJV

But let all who take refuge in you be glad;
let them ever sing for joy.

Spread your protection over them, that those
who love your name may rejoice in you.

For surely, O LORD, you bless the righteous;
you surround them with your favor as with a shield.

Psalm 5:11,12 NIV

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Are There Sins That God Will Not Forgive?

Are there any sins that God will not forgive for those who trust in Christ?

No Excuse
When someone asks if they can be forgiven of a sin they think is unforgiveable, they might not understand the depths and riches of God’s mercy, because the Apostle John wrote, “If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness” (1st John 1:9). When Jesus mentioned the unforgivable sin, He was speaking to the Jewish religious leaders (Matt 12:31; Mark 3). They had seen and heard of His miracles. They knew He had raised the dead and made the blind to see, but their hearts were so hardened that they were going to kill Lazarus just because Jesus had raised him from the dead. They actually hatched a plot to kill both Jesus and Lazarus. Poor Lazarus; he could have died a second time, but such actions by the Jews were inexcusable.

They had no excuse for rejecting Christ. They knew this was not a work of Satan, and so to say that Jesus was performing miracles by satanic power was to insult the Holy Spirit of God (Mark 3:29). That’s because the Spirit witnesses in all mankind, so we’re really without excuse to deny God’s existence (Rom 1:18-20). They went so far as to say, “He has an unclean spirit” (Mark 3:30), but inwardly, they knew better. They only wanted to destroy Jesus out of envy because the people believed that He was from God and their place of prominence and power was threatened (Matt 27:18), which it was.

Parent and Child
When my son was young and willingly disobeyed me by not taking the gum out of his mouth before bed, he paid the consequences the next morning when I had to use ice to freeze most of it out. It had become a tangled web overnight and I couldn’t get it all out, and he was not happy about that, mostly at himself because he knew he was paying the consequences for not listening to his dad. I never told him, “I told you so,” but rather I said, “I’m sorry it happened, but now it’s over. You’ve learned a valuable lesson. Let’s leave it at that. It’s forgiven.” The next day he came to me again and said, “Dad, I’m sorry about yesterday and I promise not to do it again.” I said, “What do you mean? Sorry for what?” When he reminded me of the gum, I said, “Oh that! That’s all over son. Don’t worry about it. It’s been forgiven, like I told you yesterday. You don’t have to keep bringing it up.” In the same way, some people just cannot forgive themselves.

They keep asking for forgiveness over the same thing, but if they’ve already confessed it, my question is, “Why do you keep bringing up what God’s forgiven?” If my son came back day after day and asked for forgiveness, after a while I’d say, “Son, don’t you believe me? I forgave you and it’s over. Now you must forget it too.” That’s the way God may feel about our continually coming before Him for the very same sin, no matter how grievous it is. The children of God are promised that if they ask for forgiveness, God will grant it (1 John 1:9). Once it’s done, there is no cause to go back and ask for forgiveness again is there?

Unforgiveable
The only thing God will not forgive; in fact, He cannot forgive, is refusing to repent and trust in Christ. If you do not believe in Christ up to the point of your death or Christ’s return (at any given moment), you cannot be forgiven. There is no repentance in hell…only eternal regret. To hear the gospel and then reject it is to trample underfoot the Son of God and despise the shed blood of Jesus Christ (Heb 6). God will not forgive those who are not forgiven through Christ. Again, it’s not that He could not, but in His perfect justice He cannot.

A person who I counseled once told me they had committed the unpardonable sin and came to me weeping and broken, and I said, “Brother, if you have done that, you wouldn’t even be here. You wouldn’t care if you sinned at all!” The Holy Spirit brought this man to repentance and faith and he responded to the Spirit’s witness about Christ, but those who reject this light are left in darkness because they’ve put Him to an open shame (Heb 6:4-6) by rejecting the only means by which they can be saved (Acts 4:12). If a person keeps rejecting the Spirit’s witness of Christ, which Jesus said He would testify of Him (John 15:26), then that person cannot be renewed, however as long as a person is drawing breath, there is time to trust in Christ and have all sins forgiven.

Conclusion
The person who feels condemned about committing what they think is the unforgiveable or unpardonable sin has surely not committed it, because a person who is not saved would never even care to ask that question. A person who doesn’t believe in God or Jesus Christ wouldn’t feel condemned by a God they don’t believe in, so if you feel you’ve sinned the unforgiveable sin, you don’t understand that our sin can never be greater than our Savior, and the blood of the Lamb is sufficient and efficient for all sins. How many of our sins were ahead of us when Jesus died on the cross? All of them, but Jesus paid it all, so all to Him we owe. It’s a sealed deal (Rom 8; Eph 1).