• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Just Arrived in Australia

V

veefer

Hi all, I've been in Perth for 4 weeks now, settled all my paperwork and now looking for jobs. Anyone in Perth now and also looking for jobs? Maybe we can meet and share ideas.

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi all, I've been in Perth for 4 weeks now, settled all my paperwork and now looking for jobs. Anyone in Perth now and also looking for jobs? Maybe we can meet and share ideas.

You land on the right state ! Check out the mining sector.. Plenty of jobs ! High paying jobs !

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
iz surprising dat dat samburger din cum in n scold u ... :eek:

you mean, scold for being a blind following a another blind?
It is OK. I have seen enough mistakes made by new migrants.

Perth job market is pretty bad for private sector now, excl resources.
eg. HWE Mining looking urgently for fitters.

So far, only the govt is employing - but have to write selection criteria. Too tough.

Last edited:
V

veefer

Thanks for the welcome!

I'm an engineer, definitely made applications for mining jobs but I'm not holding my breath cos the work pretty slow and want Aussie experience. Just went for an interview for bus driver, pays pretty well - hopefully they select me.

Neddy, Actually i find that there are lots of jobs here that suit my experience, it's just that bump called aussie experience. As for the gov jobs, I have some pending but they take even longer to decide.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thanks for the welcome!

I'm an engineer, definitely made applications for mining jobs but I'm not holding my breath cos the work pretty slow and want Aussie experience. Just went for an interview for bus driver, pays pretty well - hopefully they select me.

Neddy, Actually i find that there are lots of jobs here that suit my experience, it's just that bump called aussie experience. As for the gov jobs, I have some pending but they take even longer to decide.

*** Which bus operator? Southern Coast is own by Singapore Delgro.

Engineer?
Congratuations! From infrastructure to mining - you pick your choice.
Across in Victoria Park, adjacent to the John Hughes caryard, before the Causeway, is an Engineering firm looking desperately for people.

Forget about bus driver - the pay is too low (only 5 digits in your paycheck) - just go for the "Aussie" experience okay. Then hop to another job.
Engineers should give you at least 6-figure salary in no time.

The problem is many people returning or coming over from Europe and America after retrenchment there, add to that are the Asian migrants. A number of Indian engineers left the UAE to come here.

Today finally is sunny weather - moving my stuff to a garage. I need reliable house-sitters :biggrin:.

Last edited:
V

veefer

Needy, thanks. Do you happen to recall the name of the firm? If not, its ok. I will do a drive by and check it out tomorrow.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Mistake in my previous post. Swan taxi is owned by Delgro, not Southern Coast.

V

veefer

Depeche, my friends are mainly in WA and they play a very impt role when moving to a new environ, especially for the family.

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Perth job market is pretty bad for private sector now, excl resources.
eg. HWE Mining looking urgently for fitters..

Same goes with Melbourne !
Retail down, financial down, construction down, real estate down.. yet I can see the bloody minning from Perth advertised agressively.. next I expect the Gladstone QLD.. I've been job hunting for 6mths in Mel but no news.. haiz..

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have friends in Melbourne, you want help for job there?

Same goes with Melbourne !
Retail down, financial down, construction down, real estate down.. yet I can see the bloody minning from Perth advertised agressively.. next I expect the Gladstone QLD.. I've been job hunting for 6mths in Mel but no news.. haiz..

Snooze

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for the welcome!

Driving trucks @ minesites can earn heaps.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thanks mate.. Apreciate it. I have a perm job.. juz need a change of evironment. :smile:

Same here. Job here is getting meaningless, so I am going overseas. Given a choice of PNG or west africa, africa sound more fun!

terry t

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi there,
Goodjob and congrat for ur gaining to the greener side. I m in the mid of processing to the greener side, can give some advise for what to look out for?

humble peasant.

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi, can you advice on the paper work process for application? And type of visa to apply for? Or can you point me to the information? Is it Oz embassy website or what? Thanks in advance.

Depeche, my friends are mainly in WA and they play a very impt role when moving to a new environ, especially for the family.