• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Jo Teo says Sinkies must not be picky. Many jobs available.

CPTMiller

Alfrescian
Loyal

CPTMiller

Alfrescian
Loyal
if PAP institute minimum wage then it will solve a few problems

For one there is no difference hiring local vs foreign if there is minimum wage.

Probably make it $25/hr minimum wage.

Then less foreigners. Or those that come in will be higher SES foreigners.

Next economic boom in sg will be immigration and property fueled.
Singapore need the economy growth Numbers.
They know very well there is not enough higher ses job to fit higher ses foreigners.
That's actually the same reason why Singaporean complain no White collar jobs too.
Without mnimum salary and market demand supply labour will take it cause.
Low ses ft will come in to take any jobs and so overall Singapore will maintain.
If they only allow high ses ft to come in than due to limited jobs available the ft numbers will decrease.
So Singapore growth affected

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
great ,but my question still remains ...how is it that busineeses paid 5k monthly to local prime mover truckers yesrs before and made profits but now cannot ,so importing foreign workers and paying them about 2k and still complaining ?
i suppose for these businesses rent and cost of operations keep going up. rent is one of the highest cost of running a business unless you own the place outright or have most of sales online. nonetheless for online sales one still need logistics and warehousing. in one 5-year lease cycle rent can go up 30%. this with fuel increases plus cost of vehicles plus inflation in cost of goods plus annual pay increases plus levies plus higher utilities plus this plus that. sg is not a cheap place to do business if one has to rent large warehouses and runs a fleet of vehicles.

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
i suppose for these businesses rent and cost of operations keep going up. rent is one of the highest cost of running a business unless you own the place outright or have most of sales online. nonetheless for online sales one still need logistics and warehousing. in one 5-year lease cycle rent can go up 30%. this with fuel increases plus cost of vehicles plus inflation in cost of goods plus annual pay increases plus levies plus higher utilities plus this plus that. sg is not a cheap place to do business if one has to rent large warehouses and runs a fleet of vehicles.
couple of things here ...in general ,yes ..costs does matters but productivity can and will overide that factor ...that's what industrialization is all about ..and now computaraisation....e.g., in my business ,it had always been how cheaper a resource was...so businessmen went and bargain the price down..meaning ,say a miner bring a ton to even 50 cents cheaper..a supply of 100k tons is a lot of money

but i dont calculate the buisnees that way ..to me what is the landing cost and how I can make that cheaper...by paying 50cents more to the seller and selling 50cents cheaper to the buyer...this is where logistics comes in ,both marine and land ...such expertise is very very valuable ...in short productivity

i don't know how large is your family warehousing ...I would guess around 3000 to 5000 square feet ...in such a scenario ,your rental seems a factor ...even if you own the property ,there is such thing as an opportunity cost meaning you have to pay yourself the market value ...this is where you need some accounting knowledge

now ,you strike on a very important buisness decision I had raised to logistical people...that is ,this very warehousing and trucking buisness you are in was non existence 50 years ago ...now ,the global buisnees is changing why are you not changing ?

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
couple of things here ...in general ,yes ..costs does matters but productivity can and will overide that factor ...that's what industrialization is all about ..and now computaraisation....e.g., in my business ,it had always been how cheaper a resource was...so businessmen went and bargain the price down..meaning ,say a miner bring a ton to even 50 cents cheaper..a supply of 100k tons is a lot of money

but i dont calculate the buisnees that way ..to me what is the landing cost and how I can make that cheaper...by paying 50cents more to the seller and selling 50cents cheaper to the buyer...this is where logistics comes in ,both marine and land ...such expertise is very very valuable ...in short productivity

i don't know how large is your family warehousing ...I would guess around 3000 to 5000 square feet ...in such a scenario ,your rental seems a factor ...even if you own the property ,there is such thing as an opportunity cost meaning you have to pay yourself the market value ...this is where you need some accounting knowledge

now ,you strike on a very important buisness decision I had raised to logistical people...that is ,this very warehousing and trucking buisness you are in was non existence 50 years ago ...now ,the global buisnees is changing why are you not changing ?
3000 to 5000 sqf? you must be joking. it’s over 169k sqf plus office space on the mezzanine floor in adjoining tower which is separate from warehouse facilities. office space alone is over 2.69k sqf with foyer, lunch room, meeting rooms, offices, open area with at least over a dozen desks.

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
3000 to 5000 sqf? you must be joking. it’s over 169k sqf plus office space on the mezzanine floor in adjoining tower which is separate from warehouse facilities. office space alone is over 2.69k sqf with foyer, lunch room, meeting rooms, offices, open area with at least over a dozen desks.
I take your words for it ...there are very very few in food stuff warehousing with such a large space...if there was it would be a well known organization ...unless it's one if those sungei kadut former factory now converted to warehousing

knnb40

Alfrescian
Loyal
my family runs a warehouse business providing essential foodstuff and services. we still have a serious problem of recruiting sinkies to work for reasonable wages before and during cb. i've posted about this dilemma several times in the past. you can look it up on positions, salaries, and benefits offered. nothing has changed since 1st posted. that was over 6.9 years ago. we even offered to promote a long time delivery worker to manager with increased pay, supervising all warehouse workers and truck deliveries to retail stores and food center warehouses. he quit, citing pressures and too much work at warehouse as he couldn't go out on deliveries and fraternize with aunties at retail stores and food centers. now he's jobless and kpkbing about sinkie employers being unfair.
Why hong kong can find hong kong citizen as delivery worker and you can't ?
at the end who you give the job to ? at how much pm or pa ?
just wish to know.....I hear many such story 20-years back when PAP justified why they need to get in foreign worker to take up usd-1500 to usd-4500 job.
I was naive back than.....and I think PAP is correct.
now...I doubt I agree fully.

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
just wish to know.....I hear many such story 20-years back when PAP justified why they need to get in foreign worker to take up usd-1500 to usd-4500 job.
precisely ,this is what I had repeatedly raised ...sinkie truckers were paid 5k years ago and businesses were making profit and SG grew ...now the same work done by foreigners for 2k but still complaining lose money ...how can ,and why mah?..
a question @eatshitndie evade

not to mention why a food stuff warehousing needs such a large space is beyond me ,especially if the supply source is malusia ..totally ,uneconomicaal

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tos in the uni, poly and ite when doing their internship not considered training huh! She should spell specifically for cleaners, jagas, and drivers that need to upgrade their SKILLS.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
precisely ,this is what I had repeatedly raised ...sinkie truckers were paid 5k years ago and businesses were making profit and SG grew ...now the same work done by foreigners for 2k but still complaining lose money ...how can ,and why mah?..
a question @eatshitndie evade

not to mention why a food stuff warehousing needs such a large space is beyond me ,especially if the supply source is malusia ..totally ,uneconomicaal
can’t go into details but it’s a large operation involving tastebuds, tongues, mouths, tummies, intestines, and arseholes of over 3.69m customers. practically almost every sinkie, jiuhukia, pinay maid, bangla worker, ceca neh eats them. it’s halal! yeah! that’s why large warehouse. still cannot sextisfy hungry appetites. demand is worse in cb as (over)supplies are reserved when jiuhu shuts factories. luckily warehouse big enough to stock over 6.9 months of supplies with shelf life up to a year. foresight! yeah! what talking you about evading to answer why cost goes up and productivity stagnates. you know nuts about big operation! don’t keep guessing.

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
can’t go into details but it’s a large operation involving tastebuds, tongues, mouths, tummies, intestines, and arseholes of over 3.69m customers. practically almost every sinkie, jiuhukia, pinay maid, bangla worker, ceca neh eats them. it’s halal! yeah! that’s why large warehouse. still cannot sextisfy hungry appetites. demand is worse in cb as (over)supplies are reserved when jiuhu shuts factories. luckily warehouse big enough to stock over 6.9 months of supplies with shelf life up to a year. foresight! yeah! what talking you about evading to answer why cost goes up and productivity stagnates. you know nuts about big operation! don’t keep guessing.
your logic is illogical ...the whole idea of warehousing is to cater to latent demand .but it gets defeated the momment you increase the cost in warehousing ...particularly foodstuffs and more so from malusia ...why ? because the natural choice for products from malaysia is simply to stay in malusia as long as possible ...and trucked to sinkie according to the demand as and when it arises ...and alao since most of the malusia products can indeed be trucked directly to retailers ..the very resson why Sheng Siong and Giant retail outlets are so successful

next time when you pool wool over our eyes ,use some blain lah ...even kids will not buy your story

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
young sinkies don’t want the jobs offered. we still have over 6.9 sinkie unkers working in warehouse and delivery for over 26.9 years, and they are happy so far. short hours from 8 to 3 and breakfast and lunch are provided besides yearly increases in pay plus bonuses. no sinkie got fired except that handsome unker who resigned after getting promoted. on top of that there are easily over a dozen sinkie aunties (16.9 of them) under our employ who spend all their time with retail customers and distributors. they can pretty much work from home even before covid cb. they remotely submit their reports and updates. most of the time they help retail and distributors track shelf and store inventories and assist them with orders and invoicing. very useful as we need people to keep in constant touch with customers on demand and supply. they are also our ears and eyes, collecting intell on prices, market conditions, competition, and other up and coming products that can complement or compete. this is not counting sinkies in the office. at least another 6.9. operation has to have more than two dozen sinkie employees mah. otherwise how to hire foreigners? the ratio is now 10:1 sinkies to fw in the service sector. used to be 5:1.

Last edited:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
your logic is illogical ...the whole idea of warehousing is to cater to latent demand .but it gets defeated the momment you increase the cost in warehousing ...particularly foodstuffs and more so from malusia ...why ? because the natural choice for products from malaysia is simply to stay in malusia as long as possible ...and trucked to sinkie according to the demand as and when it arises ...and alao since most of the malusia products can indeed be trucked directly to retailers ..the very resson why Sheng Siong and Giant retail outlets are so successful

next time when you pool wool over our eyes ,use some blain lah ...even kids will not buy your story
why should i tell you? all i can say is that you know jackshit about my family ops. i’m not obligated to divulge details to you if you ask. simply not answering doesn’t mean i’m evading. i’m busy with other stuff and don’t have time like you to respond to all q’s. wahhh. you ask must give answer huh? who the fuck are you? president of u.s.? even when he and his supporters spam me with emails asking for money, i ignore and delete.

Last edited:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I take your words for it ...there are very very few in food stuff warehousing with such a large space...if there was it would be a well known organization ...unless it's one if those sungei kadut former factory now converted to warehousing
from what you say i can tell that you know jackshit about what’s going on in the real warehouse world in sg. just for info, there’s a multistorey warehouse in jurong dedicated to wine storage and distribution. floor space is humungous. at least 6.9 storeys with each floor of at least 6.9 sections of warehouses of 100k sqf each storing different brands of liquor and wines. i haven’t even delve into beer or imported coffee. the beverage industry alone is huge in sg.

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
why should i tell you? all i can say is that you know jackshit about my family ops. i’m obligated to divulge details to you if you ask. simply not answering doesn’t mean i’m evading. i’m busy with other stuff and don’t have time like you to respond to all q’s. wahhh. you ask must give answer huh? who the fuck are you? president of u.s.? even when he and his supporters spam me with emails asking for money, i ignore and delete.
so ,you are big fuck hah ,ok lah ,stay as one lah ,am I complaining ?

but it's you who come and tell me what fuck you are ,did I ask you ?

now that you kenna cornered ,you are squirming ...hey ,it's you who painted yourself into a corner LOL

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
from what you say i can tell that you know jackshit about what’s going on in the real warehouse world in sg. just for info, there’s a multistorey warehouse in jurong dedicated to wine storage and distribution. floor space is humungous. at least 6.9 storeys with each floor of at least 6.9 sections of warehouses of 100k sqf each storing different brands of liquor and wines. i haven’t even delve into beer or imported coffee. the beverage industry alone is huge in sg.
hey ,fuckwit ..wine don't come from malusia lah and the storage portion of its cost is negligible lah ...in fact people themselves store wine in their very home ..don't bullshit ,ok

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hey ,fuckwit ..wine don't come from malusia lah and the storage portion of its cost is negligible lah ...in fact people themselves store wine in their very home ..don't bullshit ,ok
just giving you an example of how big warehousing has becum for f&b. why do you have this fixation that it must be related to jiuhu when it cums to food? i cite the trucks from jiuhu only as an example. we have containers from ships too. there are factories in hk, taiwan, thailand, japan. none from
china. just on chocolate alone, there are not enough refrigerated warehouses large enough in sg to store products from belgium, japan, switzerland, france, australia, denmark, u.s., etc. and before every festive season, there’s a crisis of storage space among wholesalers. luckily, we plan well and operate efficiently and don’t have that issue. what else do you need to know? you’re just fishing for info and not constructively contributing any insights in an industry that you claim an expert.

btw, how much wine can one store at home? that’s so stupid a reply. i’m talking f&b. restaurants, event catering, hotels, banquets, bars, lounges, ktvs, hfcs. millions of bottles a night.

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
just giving you an example of how big warehousing has becum for f&b. why do you have this fixation that it must be related to jiuhu when it cums to food? i cite the trucks from jiuhu only as an example. we have containers from ships too. there are factories in hk, taiwan, thailand, japan. none from
china. just on chocolate alone, there are not enough refrigerated warehouses large enough in sg to store products from belgium, japan, switzerland, france, australia, denmark, u.s., etc. and before every festive season, there’s a crisis of storage space among wholesalers. luckily, we plan well and operate efficiently and don’t have that issue. what else do you need to know? you’re just fishing for info and not constructively contributing any insights in an industry that you claim an expert.

btw, how much wine can one store at home? that’s so stupid a reply. i’m talking f&b. restaurants, event catering, hotels, banquets, bars, lounges, ktvs, hfcs. millions of bottles a night.
now that you are more civil in your reply ,let's be civic here

the topic of this thread is pretty simple ,about sinkie pays compared to foreigners

my question to you and in general too pretty simple ..as an example since its you who said your family in warehousing business ...why a local prime driver was paid 5k years ago and yet the companies made profit and our economy did well ..but today same driver is a foreigner paid only about 2k and yet business complaining

i don't have to know anyting great about F&B warehousing here, neither it matters if your family is a biggie in this field

but you volunteered so much informations about your family business in so many posts ,but have no time to answer the very question i raised on the very matter yourself raised ,it ok with me if youbanswer ir not since neither of us owe another a living

but why the need to mudsling ,as if whose prick is bigger thingy ...pal ,I am not in the contest ...I have past my prime and no interest if indeed you have a bigger prick ..in fact ,I am happier for you
now ,fishing for info from you? hmmmm,what would I do with that even if you give me ,me wonder lah ...if there is anything you need to know of whatever expertise i had as you perceive ,why not ask ,instead of swinging a bigger than you kind of talk ..

aren't you suppose to be sleeping in this hour ? don't get worked up for a simple matter ..you are great and your family is great, happy ?.
go and sleep now